...or the Daring Adventures of Daring-Do from the Most Eccentrical Wunderkind der Springfield via Quincy

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Leavin' On a Jet Plane

Well, it's finally here. I leave for the Academy in about eight hours. I had a good last night. I had dinner with the family, then shot off some fireworks with my friends. That was pretty fun. Anyway, thanks to everyone who called or came by to wish me luck. I really apprecitated it. Hopefully I get to see most of you around Thanksgiving or Christmas. Man, that seems like a long way off. Well, I hope you all think of me while you're at home. I'll be running and doing pushups and getting yelled at and cleaning my room and polishing boots and on and on and on. I don't think it will be really too terrible because my horoscope said it would work out all right. I hope that crap is accurate. Anyhoot, to all my friends, I'll see you around...good luck at college (I'll visit the dorms) And to my family, thank you all so much for your support over the last months. I love all of you and will miss you all. Oh yeah, blow a ton of stuff up for the 4th. in memory of me.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, Your last blog was very nice Sam. I doubt that you will get to read this until after basic training, but I will write it any way. Today you left for the USAFA, We watched your plane take off and couldn't take our eyes off of it until it was out of sight. Of course your Mom and sisters were crying. Yeah I was tearing up too.
All I could think about was the day you were born and how the last 18 years have gone by so fast. When we got home I went to sit in your room for a while and looked around at all the memories that are on the walls and I get to feel close to you for a bit. I think I will be going into your room often!I will miss you and will always be thinking about you and praying for you, my dear son. I hope all goes well for you during basic and I'll be counting the days until I get to see and hug you Sept 2nd!!
All my love to you,
Dad

6/29/2005 3:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam!
What a nice entry on your last blog, glad your last day in town was a good one. Dad and I will miss you and will be wondering how you are doing, and yes, dad will be sitting in your room a lot, come fall he will be painting it!!! so it will be all fresh and clean on your Thanksgiving visit. Looking forward to seeing a entry from you come August. Love Mom

6/30/2005 7:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, I miss you already! It was really hard from us to see you go but we know you'll have an amazing experience! I love you very much! Love Sarah

7/01/2005 6:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Sam. Thinking about you and the time when Dave went into the Air Force. It was not easy for him, especially the folding of his clothes just the way the were suppose to be. But he made it, he is now a Master Sgt. and trying for Senior. I think this is as high as he can go for an inlisted man. Air Force has been good for him and to him. I saw a world of difference when he would come home on leave. I'll be thinking of you. Take it like a man and you'll come out ok. When you are a Senior it will be your time to yell. Love you, Grandma D

7/02/2005 12:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sammy, Missed u at the 4th party. U didn't miss much this year. There were no wars!!! Not enough people. Crud!!! Hope u r having tons 0' fun!
Lovies, Auntie Lynn

7/09/2005 12:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, I wanted to be one of the first ones to Welcome You Back to the "Real World" Miss you! So looking forward to seeing you on Parents Weekend, be ready to answer a bunch of questions! I know how much you love that! Love ya, Mom

7/10/2005 12:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam!
I just wanted to let you know how much I am proud of you for going into the Air Force! You have grown up before my eyes, and have become a wonderful person. You have so much to look forward to in your life and your career. I know also, that my husband Eddie is very proud of you. I wish that we both could have seen you before you left, but it will be that much better when we see you when you get home! Take care of yourself. You can do it! We will be thinking of you!
Julie & Eddie

7/13/2005 11:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, It's Mom, hey, go check your e-mail, I left you a couple. Enjoy your day! Love Mom

7/23/2005 5:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam,
I finally checked out your blog. I'm not much for computers so I rarely if ever get on. Sounds like things are going well, can't wait to see you in September, it is going by so fast! I can't wait to hear from you when you get your laptop, the keyboard will be burning up from all the typing I am sure. Call us when you can! Love Rachel

7/30/2005 3:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam! Way to go Sam! You did it! You killed the Beast! So proud of you! Dad and I will be thinking of you on Acceptance Day! Wish we could be there. Looking forward hearing from you on this site. Enjoy your package on Acceptance Day! Love ya, Mom

8/02/2005 8:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, Congratulations on making it through...We all knew you could do it!!! Talk to you soon! Love Sarah

8/03/2005 7:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam!

Congrats on completing Basic Training! Here's to soon being an official cadet.

Oh, um.....I've got some black boots that need to be polished...know anyone who could help me with that???

We're all very proud of you!

Cathy J.

8/03/2005 2:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam!!!
Congratulations!! You've made it through the Beast and now you can have a little rest before school starts and start growing your hair a little longer! I'm looking forward to talking to you on the phone this Sunday. Enjoy your care package and Doolie Day out with the Falzarono's! Can't wait to see you at Parent's weekend. I am so proud of you.
All my love to you,
Dad

8/04/2005 1:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam!
You did it! No doubt in my mind that you would! You are an awesome young man! This is one proud Aunt!
Enjoy your day on Sunday and calling home....I know your mom, dad and sisters are looking forward to that call. I am so proud of you Sam.

Love and prayers,
Aunt Terry

8/05/2005 2:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam, the Stealth Man!! Congrats on making it through the roughest part of the Academy! I knew you could do it, of course!! Good luck with the rest of your endeavors (did I spell that correctly?) and with all of your schooling ahead. You will accomplish some really great things and this is just the beginning. I can't wait to see you at Christmas!! Enjoy Colorado, we are all jealous of you living there!! I am so proud of you and I love you! Take care and I hope to talk to you soon!
Jill, Brian, Bryson, and Lauren

8/06/2005 6:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shamus, Tom and I wanted to leave you our e-mail addresses..holbrook_s@sbcglobal.net and tommccubbins@yahoo.com...Talk to you soon, Love The Birds

8/06/2005 7:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home