Mr. Clean
Today we had what is affectionaltly called the "Triple Threat": a Saturday AM Inspection, an Open Ranks Inspection, and a parade. The Saturday AM Inspection, or SAMI, is room white glove room inspection. During this inspection, they check everything, from the tiniest nooks for dust to the desktop on our computers to see if we have mandatory files. My roommate and I started cleaning for the SAMI Friday afternoon. We cleaned and dusted and straightened until about midnight. Then I was up for another two hours polishing shoes and boots. That is really not a lot of fun. We had to meticulously clean everything in our rooms. There are always places that make you think, "How in the world does so much dust get in there." Luckily, the upperclassmen have helped us to learn the special places the inspectors like to check, like the back of our desks, the window runners, or the hinges on the sink doors. But all the cleaning paid off. My room passed with a 90%. Only two things were wrong. Some shirts weren't folded to the right size and some stains were on the floor, but those were from previous cadets, not us.
After the SAMI was is Open Ranks Inspection. During this, a cadet comes up to you and just stares at you for a few minutes, looking over the uniform and your hair. I got a 100% on that. But it was kinda creepy. The cadet just steps in front of you and stares you down. It's a really weird feeling.
Finally we had the parade. Pretty much all we did was march on to the parade field, stand around for about 20 minutes, and then march out. There wasn't much to it. In fact, is was very boring.
I pretty much spent the rest of my day in my room doing homework. Around 2:00 it started to hail really bad here. Some friends and I went to play in the hail. It was fun. Later, we went to the Club Fair, where all the clubs at the Academy try to get people to join. I "joined" the Mountaineering Club, the Outfitter's Club (hunting and fishing), the Trap and Skeet Club, and the Ski Club. I don't know if I'll have time to all of these clubs, but they're a chance to get out on the weekends without using passes, so I might as well try. That's pretty much is. I finished Calculus homework for all of next week. I just have Chemistry to do tomorrow. Fun, Fun. Have nice weekend everyone!

9 Comments:
Hi Sam! I wondered where your were this weekend, and now I know! You were busy, busy, busy cleaning! Those groups you joined sound like alot of fun and you've got to have some fun while you are there! Keep the blog coming, we all really enjoy it! Love, Jill
8/21/2005 7:56 AM
Hi Sam, sounds like the clubs will keep you busy and I'm glad you'll be able to get out an have some fun! See you in 12 days!!! Love Sarah
8/21/2005 8:22 AM
Hi Sam, Question,What is the "Mountaineering Club", is this where you climb mountains? Hope you can do all the clubs, get to know more people, hence more "Networking", heheheh, Love ya, MOM
Jill& Sarah, "Hint" you know you can add your name and you won't be "anonymouse"
8/21/2005 10:14 AM
Oh, almost forgot! That is great about 90% on your room inspection and your 100% on yourself! Did you save me some candy from the parade? And I must say I do like what they call it "SAMI" Love Mom, See you soon!
8/21/2005 10:26 AM
Dusting and Cleaning. YUCK! I remember when Dave was station at Keesler AFB. He and Peg had a little house on base, although it sure was a long way from base to me. She was telling me how the inspectors come every so often with their white gloves and do inspection. I WOULD NEVER PASS! Clubs sounds like a lot of fun! Don't see where you are going to have time for all of them. The fishing, hunting, and skit shooting sounds right up your alley, you outdoorsman you. I enjoy your blogs ( what the heck does that mean? ) so keep them coming when you have time that is. Mom should print these out and keep them for her grandchildren to read someday. Love you, Sam
8/21/2005 10:27 AM
Hi Sam,
Wow! You've had busy weekend! Great job on the SAMI, I knew you would do well, you've always been a "neat" guy...in more ways than one! I hope you get to rest a bit today (Sunday) and do some enjoyable things if you can. The clubs will be great! Take advantage of as much fun stuff as you can. See you soon!!!!!!
Love,
Dad
8/21/2005 11:54 AM
Hey Sam!
Looks like you're having alot of fun mixed in with classes, etc. I start classes tomorrow (Aug 22). Your blogs are really interesting! Keep up with awesome job you are doing and don't forget to have some fun! Love, Allison
8/21/2005 2:23 PM
Hey Sam,
Its was good to hear from you on saturday. Sorry you caught us in a game of poker, Adrianne ended up winning all the dough. Then we took a trip to Andy's frozen custard. It was the bomb, yummy. Sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands right now. I'm sure once you get more into school you will never have a dull moment. I can't believe it is almost time to visit you! I am so excited! Josh and I have a big list of things we want to do. Jeff's sister and her husband and kids live in Colorado Springs now too, so we are going to visit them hopefully. Good luck with all the clubs you joined-love you! Rachel
8/21/2005 8:55 PM
I was surprised to hear from Allison! you will have to let us know how you are doing Allison? Are you all settled in with dorm life now and classes? Sam,be sure to keep wearing your sun block! And since I now know how well you clean, I will save up for you to clean when you come home for Thanksgivng! Love Mom
8/22/2005 7:00 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home