...or the Daring Adventures of Daring-Do from the Most Eccentrical Wunderkind der Springfield via Quincy

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

School House Rock

So today was my first day of class at the UNITED STATES AIR FORCE ACADEMY! That's pretty cool. My actually went pretty well. I got up at 5:30 to go shower and get my room and things straight. Us 4 degrees must have our doors open and rooms in inspection order by revillie (I know I didn't spell that right...shut up.) which is at 6:30. I didn't have class until 9:30, so I basically just chilled in my room until 8:00. Then I went to the campus library to print out some papers I needed for my classes, and also to find all my classes. My first class was Chem. 222 - Analytical Chemistry. I like my teacher. He seems really cool. After that was lunch. We can eat at ease now. It was funny today. All the 4th class cadets at my table we at attetion, because we had no idea what to do. Then all the upperclassmen were like, "You're at ease. Lean back in your chair. Put your arms on the table. Relax." So eating is now enjoyable. We talked with the upperclassmen and had a pretty good time. After lunch, we had a squad meeting (aka boring). After lunch I had Math 141 - Calculus 1 and Engr. 100 - Intro to Engineering Systems. They we both cool. In Engr. 100, we get to build rockets, gliders, and rocket powered gliders. The rest of the day was nice. It stormed here around dinner, so the kinda sucked, but after that we just had study time. I did homework for a few hours, mainly just doing stuff in advance so it doesn't pile up. Anyway, Taps is in about 20 minutes and I'm bushed. I never thought that this day would come.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam, the pictures are really cool, man. You are really doing it, sometimes it seems so surreal that someone born in 1987 is old enough to be in the Air Force Academy. I think your accomplishments are something to be proud of, and you have only just begun to grow your wings. Good luck this year in school. I surprised Sarah the other day when I put your team picture on the desktop wallpaper. We miss you, bud and can't wait till you can make it back home. Vote 4 Pedro!

Tom

8/11/2005 1:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, sounds like your first day of school went well, I'm glad you are keeping busy now. Hey, how did the racket ball game go? It was good to hear from you last night, even though it was way past my bed time! You might check your cell phone message, I didn't think it sounded like you? Have a good day, Love Mom

8/11/2005 6:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam,

It appears your first day of school went very well. All your classes sound tuff to me, but I am positive you will handle them with ease!

We are all proud of you and you should be very proud of yourself!
Enjoy your day!
Love, Aunt Terry

8/11/2005 8:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, Darn it! I had the best of best comments made but somehow I lost them! Go figure! Are you not glad basic is over although I suppose once in awhile you'll have to be learning something else in the training line. So you can eat at ease now. Good, makes eating more enjoyable. How is the food there? I think Dave is served with bugs and sand everyday. Good luck with school. And hey, you look sharp in your blues. The Springfield girls will really swoon now! Love you, Grandma D. Hey, Grandpa said hi. Then he went back to sleep, again! When they made your Grandpa M they threw away the mold.

8/11/2005 10:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam!!! Loved the picture of you on Acceptance Day, but you already knew that from the email I sent you! Hey, I took the EXACT SAME classes you are taking in my first year of school and aced them all!!! Or maybe that was flower arranging, it's been so long I forget. Oh well. Take care pal, it was so nice to hear from you. Oh, and thanks so much for serving our country. Love, Aunt Jill

8/11/2005 11:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill, you crack me up! I swear I think you should be a comedian!

8/11/2005 1:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam! Congrats on making it through your training. I'm sure it will all pay off! Good luck with all your classes. Study hard! I leave for Truman on August 21..wish me luck! My classes won't be as hard as yours though, but I'm sure I'll still be hitting those books pretty hard too.
Bye,
Tera

8/11/2005 3:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam, Remember me...I'm your sister SARAH and I think I'm the only person you haven't called yet...I know you are busy but I look forward to hearing your voice! sounds like your first day of school was good, I'm glad everything isn't so strict now. Talk to you soon (I hope) Love Sarah

8/11/2005 5:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, and Hi Tera, good to see you on this site, hey, you can keep in touch with all of us this way too! Good luck at school Tera, I know you will do well. Go Vikings!!

8/11/2005 6:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it is like a family reunion on this blog. Thanks again for the flowers Sam. I think it made Josh feel bad because he didn't give me any flowers for our anniversary! Just kidding. He thought I was silly since I wouldn't open the door for some old man. Hey, I didn't know, he could have been a murderer. Apparently I read too many horror novels. Anyway, I took a picture of the flowers so you could actually see what you bought me, they are so pretty! Who would have thought you have floral arrangement skills, they teach you all sorts of things at the acadamy! Gotta run, have another fun day at class! Love Rachel

8/11/2005 8:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, I hear from Sarah that you called her,she is happy now, did she tell you any stories about her clients? Poor girl has a lot of problems to deal with. Hey, tell us how you ordered Rach's flowers, did you do it online? Dad and I have a Cadet Parent Meeting Saturday night, your ears will be burning! Love ya, Mom
P.S. I can just see you running on the Terrazo with your package on Saturday,beware it is a bit heavy!

8/12/2005 6:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I was finally able to get out of bed, take a shower, and wipe the mascara off my face because Sam FINALLY called me! It was good hearing from you keep in touch! Love Sarah

8/12/2005 5:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam, Did I tell you how cool it was that the "dancing Cadet" put your shoulder boards on? Wonder if you can get a picture of you and him? You have been taking pictures with the camera I sent you, haven't you? Love Mom

8/12/2005 5:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, that last entry was really deep, what did it mean?

8/12/2005 7:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home