...or the Daring Adventures of Daring-Do from the Most Eccentrical Wunderkind der Springfield via Quincy

Monday, August 22, 2005

Updated Link

Hey everyone. I added a new link, "Dancing Basic Cadet." Click on the link, then double click on "sillybasic.wmv" to play the video. This is a clip of a cadet from my flight dancing during Basic Training. At the time, we were out in Jack's Valley. Normally this kid uses glowsticks, but since none were available, he used colored flashlights. I'm actually in the video. The guys from our tent made the beat for the guy to dance to. I'm the fourth from the right. I have my head down most of the time because I was trying not to laugh so hard. Enjoy.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just watched the Dancing Cadet and I must say, I am worn out. Is this a hobby with this young man? Is it something he might want to persue when he gets out of school? You've got a good web site going here, Sam.

8/22/2005 9:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam,

I did enjoy the dancing cadet, thank you. I can see you doing the same thing, so when is it your turn to dance!

Keep up the good work and your blog site seems to be doing awesome!

Love,
Aunt Terry

8/22/2005 9:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam the basic dancing cadet was funny,can't believe the Cadre's let him do that!I was looking for you too, are you standing next to the guy that was jiving with the music? Love Mom

8/22/2005 2:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That guy looked like a teenage mutant ninja turtle...Sarah

8/22/2005 8:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahah, Sarah you are right! I also think Sam would of done a much better job, hey Sam,think of something you can do to be a legend there. See you real soon. Love Mom

8/23/2005 6:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam!

I just wanted to tell you that Duane and I had a great time staying at your parents house this past weekend. I can't believe I won poker, I was clueless! Your family is very proud, they like to talk about you! It was interesting learning more about what you are doing. Kelly even enjoyed our visit...she ate my poptarts!
Keep up the good work, Sam.
Your Cuz,
Adriane

8/23/2005 11:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam!
Sounds like things are going pretty good over there for ya. I've been at Truman 2 days now and I'm slowly trying to adjust to everything. I've had a couple introduction classes already and tomorrow my Communication Disorders class gets to have dinner at our professors house.
Oh, get this..last night all the girls on my floor were showing pictures of family and friends and this girl down the hall from me also has a cousin at the Air Force Academy..how ironic! I forgot his name, so I'll try to remember to ask her and let you know to see if you know who he is.
Take care and have fun! Study hard.

your cousin,
Tera :-)

8/23/2005 1:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, hey, this is cool that Tera has knows someone that has a cousin there, we will be waiting for his name Tera. Sam, tell me again what courses you are taking. Love Mom

8/23/2005 1:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam, that was the funniest thing I have ever seen. I am glad to know that you cadets are not serious all of the time. It must be a great release to be able to just let go sometimes and boogie down. I can't wait to see your moves.

8/23/2005 2:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KELLY STRIKES, AGAIN! That was so funny about Adriane and her Pop-Tarts as I well remember staying with you when you lived on Vermount. I had brought a bag of red licorice ( misspelled ). Kelly ate the whole darn bag! Bad dog, Kelly, bad dog.

8/23/2005 4:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam,
Did you notice that this cadet dances just like mom?

Love,
Dad

8/23/2005 7:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so i made a bit of a mistake. The girl i was talking about has a boyfriend at the Academy, not a cousin, but still its ironic! His name is Ryan..um not too sure how she pronounced his last name...Steelp, Stelf, Steep...yeah i can't remember, its been a long day! She's from Moline, IL so I'm sure thats where he is from too. Do you think you might know him?

later,
Tera

8/23/2005 10:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of these days I will get this straight... his name is Ryan Siversten (I hope it is spelled right) and he is from Moline, IL
A girl across the hall from me has a boyfriend at the Naval Academy. Now I have all kinds of people to talk to about men in the military..haha!
Hope everything is going good for you. Have fun with all those sports and clubs.
-Tera

8/24/2005 7:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam, I once knew this dude who knew this guy who was friends with this other girl whose Aunt was friends with their neighbor's dog who played with the son's dad who was the uncle of a distant relative who was in the Air Force Academy. You might know him, his name is...wait, uh... oh yeah I was just kiding.

Tom

8/25/2005 1:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TOM! You crack me up!! But I am glad to see you post comments here, made me laugh this morning, and that is all what we need, LAUGH MORE! Hi to Tera, how is it going there so far, and Allison, let us know how you are too. See you soon Sam!! Love MOM, and what did dad mean by "the basic cadets dances like mom?", does that mean I am a bad dancer?hmmmm,

8/25/2005 7:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, This is Pat,I am at your mom's house she is helping me to apply for unemployment, hope I don't start drinking like she did!! when she was unemployed! Keep in touch with Sean he enjoys hearing from you. I can't wait to see pictures of you when your family gets back from spending time with you. Sounds like you are doing great, knew you would. Love Pat

8/25/2005 10:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home