...or the Daring Adventures of Daring-Do from the Most Eccentrical Wunderkind der Springfield via Quincy

Friday, September 09, 2005

Hanging by a Moment

Hey everybody. No, this isn't the almighty "Parent's Weekend" post you've been waiting for. That will come this weekend, I promise. Please set aside about 45 minutes to read the post because I assure you it will be very long. There is just so much stuff that we did it will take forever to write and for you to read. Just kidding, but seriously, it probably will be kind of long. Any, right now the 4 degrees in my squad get to be at rest in the squadron area. This means that we don't have to walk at attention, don't really have to greet upperclassmen although we do out of professional courtesy, can talk in the hallways, and don't have to stay on the right side either. Would you ever think that you would see the day when an 18 guy would be so happy just to be able to walk and talk in a college dorm hallway? Neither did I, but being here makes everyone appreciate the little things. I'll write more later. Bye.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What in the world was that?????

9/09/2005 3:12 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

I don't know so I'm gonna delete it. I hope you don't mind Aunt Jill.

9/09/2005 3:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Sam, did you ever figure out who that was and what they were talking about? That was really random.

9/09/2005 3:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, what did I miss? what is jill and Tom talking about? Hi all, I was with Rach today for her first craft show, boy was it ever hot too! Busy day, now getting ready to go help up at our Church Harvest Home, UGH!! I miss the Rockies Sam! Lucky you!

9/09/2005 6:05 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Tom, you know what's random? You're Mom goes to Random College! Bam! How'd you like that spicy spice? Word.

9/09/2005 6:16 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Mom, there was a spam comment on here. I deleted it before you logged on. Tom, you're Mom STILL goes to college! Wonder Twins Power Unite! Shape of BAM! Form of toilet!

9/09/2005 6:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spicy spice?? Wonder twins?? Toilet?? Sam, did one of the upper-class men put something in your cornflakes? Maybe you have had too much thin air in the Rockies. Sam I think the lack of oxygen is making you enter the beginning stage of craziness...just breathe in...and breathe out... It will be okay, here's a paper bag.

9/10/2005 1:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom, you crack me up!!

9/10/2005 7:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh by the way Sam, my nose is fine now, it was so dry all weekend while out there, weird? Rach and Josh dropped Harley off today, they are on their way to Hollister again today for the craft show. I am getting ready to go to baby shower, hmmmm, CAKE! Dad and I will be working at Harvest Home later this afternoon. Talk to you soon. Love Mom
P.S. Tera, when you see this, tell us about your visit with Jason.

9/10/2005 8:18 AM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Tom, you'll never be as funny or awesome as I.

9/10/2005 9:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam (and anyone else who cares) Sounds like you had a really nice Labor Day weekend with your family. Thats awesome! You don't realize how much you can miss your family until they aren't with you everyday..I figured that out pretty fast! My parents actually just dropped me off at school. I went to Fort Leonard Wood this weekend to see James graduate from his Army Basic training. We were there for 4 days, but those darn drill sergeants wouldn't give him his full weekend pass. So we could only pick him up at 9 in the morning and had to bring him back by 4pm, each day. And we were told we couldn't even hug him (while on post) or he'd get in trouble...I wasn't too happy about that rule! But the time we did get to spend with him was a lot of fun. After being on that post and seeing what all goes on there, I have even more appreciation for what people in the military go through. Your doing something not many people could ever do. Keep it up!

9/11/2005 9:49 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Hey Tera. Yeah, I think that enlisted boot camp is a lot tougher than what I did. Those guys go straight from that to serving. I'm sure James is pretty hardcore now. Boot camp does that too you. It's good that he got to get out, even if only for a little bit. If you see him again, tell I wish him luck.

9/11/2005 10:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home