Parent's Weekend
Hahahaha. You thought this was going to be a big post about Parent's Weekend. Well, it's not. I'll do that later this week. I have a bunch of stuff going on right now. Not doing any work for those four days kinda got things pilled up here at the Hill. Anyway, most of the people that post (namely Grandma D and Terry) are out in the woods hiding from cougars right now. Mom, I'm just kidding. I know you post a lot too. Geez.

12 Comments:
Well Sam, Josh and I are safely back in Missouri. I already miss being in Colorado, and spending time with you. It seemed like we were there forever, but now that I am back it seemed really short. I wish we could have spent more time with you. I can't wait till you get to come home, then you can really relax and you won't have to sleep with dad! I can't wait to get all of my pictures developed, I'll send you some copies. I am going to show off my studdly brother in his kick-ass uniform to everyone I know. They will all be so jealous they don't have a brother with so many awesome skills! I better go, gotta unpack, I love you and I am so proud of you! Love Rachel and Josh
9/06/2005 9:09 PM
Grandma is back from the woods, Sam. Grandpa and I had a great "50th" with the family that was here. Keep the 29th of October in mind for the big bash. Hope you can make it, but understand if you can't. Dave should leave Iraq the 28th of this month. Thank goodness for that! They had one incident where some guys, don't know what side they were on, tried to break through, to their camp. They were stopped by the good old USAF. Didn't see any bears or cougars, but did see several flies, some hummingbirds, and many of your cousins. I am anxiously waiting for your blog on Parents week end. Hopefully mom will send some pictures. Hey, you look sharp in your blues.
9/06/2005 9:32 PM
Hi Shamus, I miss you already! But it was nice to be home after 300 hours in the car...I only had to pee every 25 minutes so we made pretty good time getting home. Tom loved the AF hat I got for him and he missed me so much that he cleaned the house! Maybe I should go away more often...? Just kidding Bird! Well Sam, let me know what you want in your next shipment o' stuff! Love Sarah
9/07/2005 7:39 AM
Hey Sam,
From what I hear from your mother, you had a fantastic four days! That is wonderful! I am sure the days went way too fast. Your mom sent me a photo on my phone and I must say you look rather handsome in that uniform...I am sure you heard that endless times from your family.
I had a great weekend too. Camping was soooo much fun and Trisha surprised us and came home, Tera was with us and Nicholas came too. Without a doubt I was one happy mom.
Going to go get Tera here pretty soon, she is going to go see James, along with his parents graduate from Basic Training. Needless to say she is pretty excited.
Time to get back to work!
Have a great week!
Love ya,
Aunt Terry
9/07/2005 7:52 AM
Hi Sam,
I had a great time during Parent's Weekend! Getting to see first hand what life is like at the Academy was very enlightening. It's funny how you're able to fall asleep at the drop of a hat and not wrinkle your uniform! I hope you had as much fun as I did. I'll have stories to tell for quite a while. The time went by so fast...now it's back to the real world for all of us. aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........
Have a great day Sam.
Love, Dad
P.S. I admire your awesome ironing and shoe polishing skills!!!!
9/07/2005 2:03 PM
Thanks Dad. I had a really great time too, but it did go to fast. Now only 78 days until Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll make one of those paper chains little kids make for Christmas to count down the days. Hmmmm. I wonder if the Air Force would look down on that?
9/07/2005 2:16 PM
Hi Sam! It was sad leaving you at the "Hill" on Monday, plus, no one was staring at us when we went to Wal-mart! We took your pants and t-shirt to Heather's and Tom, they are looking forward to your next visit and had already hung up the sign that Rach made for them. I enjoyed being a part of your world there on Friday and so happy and proud that you are doing well. Talk to you soon, Love Mom
9/07/2005 3:57 PM
Hey Sam!! Sounds like you had a great parents weekend with your family! By the 8 bazillion pictures your mom sent us, you all had a wonderful time together! (Just teasing Bec, for some reason I got 2 pictures of each one you sent me!) Lynn and Rod had their annual Labor Day party, lots of good food and swimming.....we really miss you doing your belly flops! Well pal, take care and I'll email you later! Love, Jill
9/08/2005 7:46 AM
NEWS FLASH---NEWS FLASH---
I just talked to your mother Sam, and she has sent so many pictures to everyone that she has been cut off by Hotmail for 24 hours....so you won't see her on here or get any emails from her until this time tomorrow. She says she has more pics to send!! She also said she feels stranded....
They are good pictures. The scenery there is so beautiful. Sounds like your doing great Sam...I am so proud of you as everyone else is too!
Love ya,
Aunt Terry
9/08/2005 9:48 AM
It is just too funny! Bec cut off from hotmail! A zillion pictures, Jill. I thought it was 2 zillion. Poor gal. Not only cut off from hotmail for 24 hrs., but Sam's car wouldn't start, she was stranded at home! But Pat to the rescue! These gals have to get out and go to lunch! Sam, all kidding aside the pictues were great. You are mighty handsome in your uniform, your dorm room looks really spacious, unlike poor Tera's little cubby hole, not that she doesn't have it looking good. I am now waitng for the 24 hrs. to pass so mom can send me more pictures. Love that gal!
9/08/2005 10:04 AM
I am still alive! Hotmail can't stop me from communicating with you all! I think it will be about 10pm tonight when my sentence is up, so watch for me tomorrow am. I am going with Rach early, 7:30am to Hollister Mo., it is passed Branson, so will take about an hour to get there. She is having her first craft show there, so say a pray that she sales out of everything! Have a good night everyone! Sam, I will be making your Christmas trip home soon, I have the new date now, Dec.18th!! Talk to you soon, Love Mom
9/08/2005 3:44 PM
Good luck Rachel. You too Mom. I'm sure that Hollister is a dive. Haha. Don't get lost. I was so happy when I found out I could switch around my finals so I could leave 2 days earlier. That's 2 more days with my family, 2 more days away from the Acadmey, and 2 more days I'm at home. I'll see ya in November.
9/08/2005 6:21 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home