...or the Daring Adventures of Daring-Do from the Most Eccentrical Wunderkind der Springfield via Quincy

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Per Rachel's Request

Alright, Rachel asked me to make a post about my mom's "Becky-isms," the made up words that my mom likes to use because she is far superior in vocabulary to we average folk. Normally they're just mispronunciation or misspellings. In Mom's defense, she's usually "really tired" or "in a hurry" or it's "early in the morning." hahaha. Well, enjoy. Oh, these are just a few. Some of the other one's aren't appropriate for a family-oriented site. Here are a couple.

Normal Word or Phrase/Becky-ism
Super Bowl/Super Bowel
Litte wieners/Little Winners
Beck and Call/Beck and Need
Might as Well/Miles Well
Curling Iron/Iron Curl
Kitchen/Kithen
Leash/Leech
Sam/Kelly
Guacamole/Gagamole
Yakov/ *just think about*
Volvo/Vulva

I'll add more if I remember them. Bye.

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Sam,
Actually I have a couple new beckyism's for you. Last night I went to mom's house to watch the colorado video. Mom and me and dad were out on the back porch talking. Mom was telling me how she and dad and the Thornberg's were going to go se YAKOV Smirnoff on Sunday. Okay, I know what you are thinking. Okay, that is not so funny. But instead of saying "Yack-off" she said "Jack-off" Smirnoff! Dad and I were laughing so hard we couldn't even talk for like 5 minutes. I was so glad someone else was there to hear it. So, if anybody talks to her ask her how Jackoff was. The second beckyism of the night was while we were watching the colorado video. In the video someone was saying "thats bananas b-a-n-a-n-a-s" and sam said something about strawberries. At home watching this, mom says "Is that song really about bananas and strawberries?" Here's your sign. So, sorry mom, but I had to tell sam, he is missing so much great material. I promise I won't write anymore for a while. I am at your "becking need"!
Love Rach

9/18/2005 9:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,this is not fair! Anyway, I am kinda of glad that you all enjoy my miss-pronounced words,forget names,and I am very guliable, and I like to shorten big words. At least it puts laughter in your lives from time to time, most adults don't laugh enough. The "YaKov" show was great. If any of you are in town again you should go. He is a very Partriotic Person, and very happy to be here in the USA and he shows it in his show. He is very funny too, in a very clean way. Did you know too that he paid $100,000 to have a mural that he created at the twin towers for the first anniversary? It was up for 18 months, and he didn't want anyone to know till now, Paul Harvey had a story on it. Now a few of the pieces of the mural hang at in his theater, it is heart shaped american flag, with the statue of liberty in front, and he wrote words something like, "you can not break our hearts or spirit? It was longer but I don't remember all of it. Does anyone remember seeing this on tv at the time? Bye, remember to laugh today! Love Mom

9/19/2005 7:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joke from last night at Yakov show.

How can you make the gas prices cheaper? Sell gas by the quarts! heheheheheh

9/19/2005 7:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think maybe Becky gets these mix up's naturally, like from her mom? And then there is your Aunt Peggy who does the same thing. So are we normal or are you not with the program? Isn't it better to add color to a word than to leave it gray? Isn't it called being inventive to use your own word? Maybe we are just ahead of our times. But the "Jackoff" thing has me concerned.

9/20/2005 9:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it must be heredity. I can see mom in myself everyday. Sometimes it is scary and sometimes it feels good. I love my mom even though we all make fun of her and what she says sometimes. I am lucky to have her and I wouldn't trade her for anything! I am blessed to be like my mom! Rach

9/20/2005 11:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You missed IRON-CURL when she means curling iron...I love you too mom, you are beautiful and your hair smells like roses...(See Rach, I can be mushy too) Love Sarah

9/20/2005 1:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but mom should really get her hair cut. But don't ask me about it again or I will scream!

9/20/2005 3:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe mom should see a therapist about her hair...Love Sarah

9/20/2005 7:15 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Mom, it's not to hard to do the word verification. Just type the letters you see below all the "choose an identity" stuff into the box that says "Word Verifictation." I can see how it could be extremely complicated and misleading though. ;)

9/20/2005 8:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everybody, Rach and I got lost last night! We took a walk, and before we knew it we were in some forsaken land, I think it was New Orleans! Come pick us up please! Love Mom

9/21/2005 7:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girls, I am getting my hair cut on Friday, and by yet another new hair stylest, wish me luck! Love Mom

9/21/2005 2:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good god....

9/21/2005 8:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky, you crack me up. How many hairdressers have you gone through there in Springfield. I saw nothing wrong with you hair, but that's the mother in me, I suppose. Good luck on this one!

9/21/2005 8:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had fun working at bingo tonight with Pat,her mom, Sarah and Rach there, they all saw how hard I work at it! Hey girls, so you think I should go ahead and get my hair cut? hahahahah Hi Sam, miss you, Love Mom

9/21/2005 10:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom, I think I have a problem, I can never stick with one hairdresser, I always see someone with the perfect hair for me, then when I go to their hairdresser it never looks like what it does on the other person! I envy people who go to their hairdressers for years! Do you think there is a self help book for this? Hi Sam, have a good day, Love ya, Mom

9/22/2005 7:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a headache..........

9/22/2005 8:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

George Bush just declaired Becky Holbrook's hair a national disaster. Please stay calm, remain in your homes, and avoid all contact with Becky Holbrooks hair until further notice!

9/22/2005 4:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aye Aye Captain!!!

9/22/2005 5:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam,
I keep forgetting to ask, do you want your popular mechanics magazine again? I could have it addressed to you at the academy if you want, let me know! Also, i heard pres. bush is suppose to be at NORAD friday or saturday. Do you think he'll visit the academy? Tell him hi for me if you get to meet him! Love Rach

9/22/2005 9:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hair is a "National Diaster", I should just shave it off!! hmmmmm,that is a idea! Hey, if we had a hurricane, where would we go? Darn gas prices, everytime there is a diaster someplace the prices go up! Have a good weekend everyone! Rach has another craft show that I will be attending. Study hard this weekend Sam. Love Mom

9/23/2005 6:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home