...or the Daring Adventures of Daring-Do from the Most Eccentrical Wunderkind der Springfield via Quincy

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Um.......Yeahhhhhhhhhh.

So apparently everyone has heard about Parent's Weekend already so I'm not going to do my big write up on it. I you haven't heard the entire story over and over, or watched the boring videos, just talk to my mom and she'll fill you in. Anyway, I had a really great time over Labor Day weekend. It was so awesome to finally be with my family after I hadn't seen them for over two months. Getting to talk on the phone and write emails was a lot better than writing letters in basic, but nothing can compare to actually being with them. Although some of the stuff we did was really boring (I'm looking at you Flouissant Fossil Beds), I enjoyed the entire time just because I was with my family. I can't wait for next Parent's Weekend. Parent's Weekend gave me something to look forward to for Basic and the first month of school. When I finally got to see Mom and Dad and Sarah, Rachel, and Josh, I couldn't have been happy. It was even better than graduating from Basic and getting my shoulder boards.

Now multiple all those feelings by a zillion and you might get an idea of how I feel about going home for Thanksgiving. As of today, Sept. 14, Thanksgiving Break is 71 days away, including weekends. I want to sleep in my own bed and wear my own clothes more than anything in the world. Thinking about being home with other guys made us all feel better about staying here and sticking things out, if that makes any sense. The Academy would be a lot better if it were in Springfield, so I could go home on the weekends.

Anyway, everyone have a good day, night, and week. I'm sure I'll see a lot of you over Thanksgiving, and the rest over Christmas, which is an entirely different beast in and of itself!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam, We can't wait til you come home either! Can you say, Poker, Cheddar's and turkey...WooHoo! Love Sarah

9/14/2005 5:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, That was nice message on your blog site,believe me, it was awesome to see you too! Funny, remember when you only looked at schools far away, does "Boston" and "Duke" ring any bells? Thank goodness for this site,e-mail and cell phones, can you imagine how life would be without these, oops, guess you know that first hand! Have a good night. Love Mom

9/14/2005 5:54 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Yes Mom, I DEFINATELY remember all the other schools. I thought about them all the time during Basic. "I should have go to Duke" or "I could be at KU right now." But I'm glad I went here.

9/14/2005 7:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam, I'm glad you went to the AFA too. The east coast sucks. It wouldn't be as much fun to visit you out there. Colorado is way cool, especially now that you live there. I can't wait to see you in 71 days! Love Rach

9/14/2005 9:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog, Sam. Goes to show there are some kids out there proud of their parents. I think our family proves that. Darn it, you'll be home before I can sleep in your bed. Sorry, guess there won't be an envelope waiting for you. I tried to talk Mom into a bigger bed for you but sounds like you like the one you have. I saw on CNN internet that a big truck caught on fire that was carry $800,00 quarters and guess what they were? The Kansas quarter! The next one on our list. I showed this to Grandpa and he about crapped. I don't know their destination but it brought a chuckle to see Grandpa's reaction to the news. Later. I am such a chatter box.

9/15/2005 7:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam,
Too bad about losing the blog entry you wrote about PW, it would have been very interesting to read about your perceptions of our time with you, but we have tons of mom's photos to remind us of the fun time we had that weekend. I can't wait to see you again at Thanksgiving, it will be here before you know it.
Love, Dad

9/16/2005 6:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam!

Thanks for contacting Tera, it seems to be helping her hearing from different family members other than myself and her sisters.

Thanksgiving...71 days!! That is amazing!! I bet you are so looking forward to that trip home!

I hope you have an enjoyable weekend. We are going camping over to Kirksville at Thousand Hills State Park...figured we would kidnap Tera from the campus for the weekend! I have a feeling she won't put up a fight!

Love ya,
Aunt Terry

9/16/2005 9:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam,
You need to write a new blog entry so I can tell everyone about a new beckyism that happened this evening. Believe me it is worth it. Love Rach

9/17/2005 9:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, Sam don't believe Rachel she just likes it when you write a new blog and she is the first one to leave a message, and now see her entry is on the bottom. It's a trap....abort!! Oh, great, now mine will be the bottom one.

9/17/2005 10:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew Rach would be the first one to tell of my goof up! This the girl that didn't know that Thanksgiving was ALWAYS on a Thursday?

9/18/2005 6:37 AM

 
Blogger Sam said...

...or that Christmas is usually on the 25th! haha

9/18/2005 8:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home