Comm's Challenge
Hey everyone. Well, Mom wanted me to tell about the Commadant's Challenge, so here it is.
Commadant's Challenge, or Comm's Challenge, is a two day training exercise filled with inspections, knowledge tests, and physical events. This all happens the weekend before Thanksgiving. That Sunday, we have the inspections: a SAMI and an In-Ranks-Inspection (IRI). Those really won't be to bad, but it is a pain in the butt to get everything cleaned and stuff. I wish I had a maid!
The next day occurs in Jack's Valley. Lucky us, we get to go back to where Second Beast was. Yipee! Anyway, the entire squad runs a circular course performing different field exercises. My event is Tent Setup. For this, we are timed to see how fast we can put up a metal frame tent. Other events include running the Obstacle and Assault Courses for time, CATM (marksmanship), Land Navigation, and Combat Search and Rescue. We have to run a quarter to a half mile between each station as a squad. While one team is doing an event, the rest of the squad is usually doing something pretty worthless, like carrying jugs of water and pretending to be planes, breaking coded quotes, and pretty much getting beat. That part isn't really that fun. Each thing we do is worth a certain amount of points. Who ever gets the most points wins a ribbon or something. I really don't know how that works. Sorry!
Today we did a dry run of Comm's Challenge. It really wasn't too bad, but then again, the squad wasn't doing anything at nearly the pace we would be for the real thing. After the real thing is over, we head back to the Academy. The next day, Tuesday, we'll have a briefing for the entire cadet wing that will tell how well each squad did. Once again, this is a pretty big waste of time. Hahahaha. But them comes the best part: After this briefing I can leave for Thanksgiving Break. That will be the best. Even though I won't be flying back home until the next day, I'm still leaving that night. I can't wait to be back home...again!
Thanksgiving is only 26 days away. Only 25 days until I get home, and only three weeks of actual school yes. I can't wait!

17 Comments:
Hi Sam,
Yay! I got to be the first one to post a comment! Gee I feel special! haha I just got off the phone with you. I'm glad you had a fun time with the Falzarano's this weekend. We had a busy time while we were back in Quincy. Grandma and Grandpa's party was fun and so was Lynn and Rod's halloween party. Everyone says hi! Have a good week Sam!
Love, Dad
10/30/2005 7:57 PM
Hey Dad,
I really wish I could have been able to come back for all the parties. I really can't wait to be back in Quincy. It's so weird not being able to go back to Quincy as often as usual. That stinks.
10/31/2005 8:23 AM
Hi Sam,
Our celebration was great! Your mom with her sibblings really put on a good party for us. We had so much fun with all of them this week end. It ended intirely too fast. You were missed Sam. Just you and Trisha couldn't make it. She had to study for one or two of her very hard tests she has. With all she is learning maybe she should become a medical doctor. Hope you had a good week end. I understood you were going to a friends house. Good to get away, isn't it. Your dad took some awesome pictures of you aunts and uncles to present to us. Looks better than the professionals do! Love you Sam. Keep up the good work!
10/31/2005 10:50 AM
Hey Sam,
We missed you this weekend! It didn't seem like a halloween party without your head on a platter! The haunted walk was really great-mom sharted! Just kidding. There was a dead person coming out of a coffin, flying ghosts and demons, a chainsaw massacre and lots of other scary things, it was pretty awesome! Grandma's party was fun too, good cake! Can't wait to see you in 23 days! Love Rach
10/31/2005 1:09 PM
Hi Sam, forgot to tell you last night, I saw Allison at the party, she wanted to see pic's of you, and of course I had them handy in my purse. Remember to smile big for your head shot tomorrow. Oh, and I heard that last years Comm.Challenge when you all found out who won that some squads booed the other squads and then got in trouble, so don't boo! Love Mom
10/31/2005 3:39 PM
Hi Sam, forgot to tell you last night, I saw Allison at the party, she wanted to see pic's of you, and of course I had them handy in my purse. Remember to smile big for your head shot tomorrow. Oh, and I heard that last years Comm.Challenge when you all found out who won that some squads booed the other squads and then got in trouble, so don't boo! Love Mom
10/31/2005 3:42 PM
Hi Sam, forgot to tell you last night, I saw Allison at the party, she wanted to see pic's of you, and of course I had them handy in my purse. Remember to smile big for your head shot tomorrow. Oh, and I heard that last years Comm.Challenge when you all found out who won that some squads booed the other squads and then got in trouble, so don't boo! Love Mom
10/31/2005 3:45 PM
I can explain the 3 entries! not my fault! Sam, delete two of them!
11/01/2005 7:09 AM
Mom, I don't really care if you put in three entries. You just got my hopes up that people were actually sending my messages! You always stomp on my joy!
On a side note, there are only 21 days until Thanksgiving (only 20 until I'm home!).
11/03/2005 11:11 AM
Hey Sam, Sorry about stomping on your joy! I was having trouble with entering the funny looking letters, sometimes hard for me to make out what letter it is? Yes, Thanksgiving is so close, hey what kind of pie do you want? Or do you want cheese cake? Any special dish for Thanksgiving? You still on for the Turkey Trot? Love Mom
11/03/2005 5:47 PM
Pecan Pie, Apple Pie, or Cheesecake for Thanksgiving. Any combination of those would be awesome. Just the usual food is fine with me. Nothing special. I'm still in for the Turkey Trot. I'm not going to run it fast. Maybe I'll run it with you. That'd be a good pace.
11/03/2005 9:53 PM
Hey Sam,
Sounds like everything is going good for you! As you all will be doing the Turkey Trot in Springfield, the girls and myself will be doing ours here...fun. I for one will be walking!!
Have a great weekend!
Love ya,
Aunt Terry
P.S. Tera -- If you are reading Happy Birthday! Miss you! Love, Mom
11/04/2005 9:02 AM
hey sam,
mom told me about your "hat raising" experience at the academy yesterday. That was so funny! I can just imagine you walking around with your hand on you head! Can you rub your belly at the same time? He he, Can't wait to see you, how many more days? Love Rach
11/04/2005 4:05 PM
How about if we walk a little, jog a litte, skip a little, before you know it we will be done! Terry, who is all doing the turkey trot with you there in Quincy? Ours is for a local charity here, supposed to also bring 2 canned goods too plus $15.00, but you get a free long sleve t-shirt too. What time does yours start? Ours start at 8am.
11/05/2005 7:58 PM
Hey Sam, be sure to use your moisturizer!!! Aren't moms great??
11/05/2005 9:42 PM
Tomula, are you making fun of me?
11/06/2005 5:44 PM
Hey Everyone, Let's wish Tera a big Happy 19th Birthday! Have a great day Tera!
11/07/2005 7:13 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home