...or the Daring Adventures of Daring-Do from the Most Eccentrical Wunderkind der Springfield via Quincy

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Springfield Here I Come!

IT'S OFFICIAL! I AM COMING HOME FOR THE WEEKEND!

I finally got my Staff Summary Sheet (SSS) back. Actually, it had been signed for a couple days, but was at the CQ Desk. No one ever brought it to me or told me it was signed. So I went to talk to my Air Officer Commanding (AOC) about it. He said it was signed and to check the CQ. So I did and there it was. I was the happiest person on earth. Our AOC is pretty cool too. He said that if I couldn't find my SSS to print out a new one and bring it to him. He'd sign it off without me having to take it through all the other people. So that was cool, but I didn't need to do.

I'm so excited to go home. I really can't wait to step off that plane and see my family waiting for me. That will be great. I'm sure the weekend will go by way too fast, but I think this is just what I need to give me that little push to make it through to Thanksgiving. After that, it's all downhill!

I won't bore you with any of the other stuff going on in my life. We do have a spirit dinner tonight for the Air Force vs. Navy football game Saturday. If it's on TV, I might watch. Then again, I might be having so much fun with my FAMILY in SPRINGFIELD to watch. See ya!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam!

I am so happy for you!! You are going to have a wonderful weekend! I know your family is going to be pretty excited seeing you step off of that plane!

Safe travels and enjoy your weekend!

Love ya,
Aunt Terry

10/06/2005 1:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, I for one can't wait to see you laying around again, I kinda miss that!And we need you to pick up Kelly poop, hasn't been done since you left. Hey, you can watch Desperate Housewives with me on Sunday night!! If there is any snacks you want me to have here , let me know. See you real soon.Love Mom

10/06/2005 5:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam, you remind me of Dave when he came home on his first furlough and your mom reminds me of me. There wasn't anything too good to get this boy. We hadn't seen him for so long. So you enjoy yourself with your family and don't forget to pick up Kelly poop, although I thought that was your mom's job now?

10/06/2005 5:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam, tell your mom you want plenty of nuts...yeah and plenty of chips and salsa....yeah, yeah and oh...what else do I....I mean you want for your special weekend treats?

10/07/2005 1:18 AM

 
Blogger Sam said...

She should pick up some bird seeds, and maybe one of those pine cones, covered in peanut butter, then covered in stuff that we used to make in grade school.

10/07/2005 6:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Tom, I didn't read this till after Sam was here, I had no idea he wanted nuts, and salsa, hmmmh, guess he failed to mention these to me? You know someones b-day is coming up soon, can anybody guess who's it is? Sam, it was great having you here for a couple of days, it went by to fast. Thanksgiving is just around the bend, sure you dont want to do the Turkey trot? Love Mom have a good week!

10/09/2005 2:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's okay Becky. I was just kidding. I guess I am glad you didn't read it b/c peanut covered pine cones would be gross!

10/10/2005 12:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SAM! So how is the weather there? Is the snow still on the ground? You are becoming a very seansoned traveler in every aspect of the word. Get to bed early tonight. Love Mom

10/11/2005 2:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SAM! So how is the weather there? Is the snow still on the ground? You are becoming a very seansoned traveler in every aspect of the word. Get to bed early tonight. Love Mom

10/11/2005 2:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home