7 Days and Counting
Well, today marks 7 days until I get to start my Thanksgiving Break. True, I won't actually be home until the Wednesday before Thanksgiving (which is on a Thursday this year Rachel!) but I think 7 days sounds better than 8. I really can't wait to be home. Have I said that enough yet? I just can't wait to get out of the Academy and the Springs for a while, spend some time with my family and friends, and get completely stuffed on turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, pie, and everything else. I'll probably gain a few pounds, but I don't care. I'm just so excited. Stepping onto that plane the 23rd in Denver will be the best.
I just wish that the break was longer. I think we should get two weeks off at Thanksgiving, and a month off at Christmas. When I'm president, that's what I'm gonna do! Hahahaha. I don't want the time home to go by too fast. When I was home over Columbus Day Weekend, I tried to savor everything I did. The weekend was still way too short, but it was better than not being home at all.
I just want to see my family and friends. Oh, and my dog.

4 Comments:
Oh looky here, I'm the first to write something! That'll never happen again so I better savor the moment.
I can tell your excited to be home Sam. Be sure to enjoy every minute of it. Enjoy all that delicious food, sleeping in your own bed, lounging around, etc. I hope this week goes by fast.
Safe travels and Happy Turkey Day!
-Tera-
11/15/2005 8:19 PM
Sam, if you get up really early and go to bed really late, it will seem your days at home will be longer. I know when I worked and was off a day, I worked from 10:30pm until 7 a.m. ) I never went to bed until late that night. True, I was like a zombie but I had a long day off. And what's a little less sleep anyway? Have a great Thanksgiving Sam? When we get a woman in the white house I am sure your days off will be longer. After all, she'll probably be a mama also! Love you Grandma
11/16/2005 8:55 AM
Hey Sam,
Thanks for the count down Sam, that is when I will get to see Trisha too!! You are not excited to go home are you? No one would ever know that by the way you write your comments...hehehe.
You, without a doubt will have a wonderful time while at home. I wish you safe travels!
Love ya,
Aunt Terry
11/17/2005 7:35 AM
Hi Sam, so excited to see a new post from you! Dad and I are counting down the days too, and would you believe, I am cleaning too,like you are a guest or something! Hope I pass inspection when you come home, dont bring your white gloves! Mom, he wont be sleeping in, we have to leave for the Turkey Trot at 7:30am! Tera you enjoy your weekend too, and Trisha hope you can relax some, will you get to stay home till Sunday?
11/18/2005 12:54 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home