...or the Daring Adventures of Daring-Do from the Most Eccentrical Wunderkind der Springfield via Quincy

Monday, November 07, 2005

Thanksgiving

Hey everyone! Only a little over two weeks until Thanksgiving now and I can't wait. I don't think I've ever been this excited about Thanksgiving in my entire life, but usually I haven't been over 1000 miles from home for a few months! Luckily we only have this week and next of classes, which should be pretty easy. No on is going to assign us a bunch of work over Comm's Challenge AND Thanksgiving, so that should be sweet.

I just can't wait to be home. On Wednesday the 23rd I'll be stepping on a plane in Denver headed for Springfield. A few short hours later, I'll be in my own house and room and bathroom. I know I was home for Columbus Day Weekend, but that was only a couple days. This time I'll be home for nearly 4 days. That will be awesome. I just wish it were longer!

Getting back to the Academy that Sunday will pretty much be the worst time of my life since Basic, but I'll be comforted by the fact that I'll be back home again three weeks later for Christmas. I really just can't wait to be home. It's going to be the best.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam!

I would say you are pretty excited about being home for Thanksgiving! I don't blame you and I am sure your family is counting the days as well.

I will be getting to see Trisha too and I have not seen her since Labor Day!! I too am very excited about Thanksgiving!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO Tera!!!

Love,
Aunt Terry

11/07/2005 11:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam,
Darn, I was number 2 on this post! Your Aunt Terry beat me to it...she must have a lot of time on her hands. haha Just kidding Terry!!

I can't wait to see you again Sam, I've planned lots of things for us to do, and mom told me she wants to spend some time with you too...something about her wanting to take you shopping at the mall?
hmmmmmmm Now you really have something to look forward to!!!

CYA, Love Dad

P.S. If you're reading this Tara, Happy Birthday to you!! Love, Uncle Kevin

11/07/2005 1:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam,
You sound so sad and pathetic! I hope that thanksgiving is all you have hyped it up to be! I really think you just want all the food! I am looking forward to seeing you though, you can be very entertaining! See you soon and hold onto your hat! Love Rachel

PS Happy birthday Tera!

11/07/2005 3:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tera! How old are you now? hahahahahah, Can hardly wait to see you too Sam, not long now, but it will probably be about 5pm by the time you get to step into the house, we have a lot planned as soon as you get off the plane! Good luck on the Challange thing! Love Mom

11/07/2005 4:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sam (and everyone else),

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the birthday wishes. Aunt Becky and Uncle Kevin, thanks for the card and money. And Happy (early) Birthday to you Aunt Becky! Mom, thanks for coming to take me out to dinner. It was much better than the cafeteria food! My day was great, filled with lots of fun little surprises and very little studying. Sorry Mom, I know I have tests to study for, but I just don't think studying is allowed on birthdays!:-)

Not much longer Sam. Keep working hard and Thanksgiving will be here before ya know it. And then there's Christmas...yay!

Love to all,
Tera

11/07/2005 10:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam

Don't you sound excited? Looking forward to all that good stuff, like good food, your own bed, no body saying, "Attenshun" or something like that. Sounds like your doing good, though. Keep up the good work. This country needs men like you! Love you, Sam Grandma D

11/07/2005 11:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That right, it was a long time ago for Sarah, how old are you going to be Sarah, tell us? Tera, glad you had a good day, tell us what you had for dinner, we are planning on a pizza party at a local resturant here, live band at 8pm! should be fun! Tera, are you doing the Turkey run with your mom on Thanksgiving? See ya soon Sam!

11/08/2005 7:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, Getting very close till we see you again, can hardly wait! So much to do and such little time to do it, oh well, we will make the best of it. Have a good weekend, Love Mom

11/10/2005 6:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Veterans Day Sam!

Any special activities for the day?

Love you,
Aunt Terry

11/11/2005 10:49 AM

 
Blogger Sam said...

I don't have any plans at all. Nothing really special is going on today. We get out of classes an hour earlier, and we have a formation for Retreat (when they lower the flag at the end of the duty day) but besides that, nothing. The Academy should give us candy or something.

11/11/2005 10:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, Thanks for the flowers! You are a good son to send your mother flowers for her b-day. Have a good weekend, hope you don't get a beating. Love Mom

11/11/2005 4:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw the flowers, Sam. Beautiful! Your a good son. Thoughtful also.
Love you, Grandma D

11/11/2005 8:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home