...or the Daring Adventures of Daring-Do from the Most Eccentrical Wunderkind der Springfield via Quincy

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Don't See "STEALTH"

Okay, so Friday night was our Squadron Holidy Party. It was pretty fun. There was food, drinks, and pool, so it was destined to be great. Anyway, near the end of the party, my friend Blake Duffy and I decided to go back to the dorms and hang out. Well, to get back to our dorms we had to walk past Arnold Hall, where movies are shown during the weekend. So we figured we stop in to see what was showing. The answer was "Stealth," possibly the single worst movie of all time.

I know my dad and Josh have seen this, but I haven't. They watched it on Thanksgiving, but I slept through all of it. But not last night. Apart from the completely implausible plot, pretty much this whole movie was horrible. Plus it was about the Navy. No one likes the Navy.

The half of the movie really isn't that bad. It should have ended about an hour earlier than it did. If that would have happened, I wouldn't be so irrate on a Saturday afternoon. If you seen the movie, you realize that after that halfway point, the writers just gave up trying to have the move make any sense. These random guys with guns show up because of some Navy dude with an unknown agenda. Add in a sub-plot with Russia and North Korea, plus the death of Jamie Foxx, and you get an equation for suck. After the movie ended, I felt stupider than when I walked in. Seriously, hitting myself in the face repeatedly with a 2x4 would have accomplished the same thing, and that still would have been less painful than watching "Stealth." I really think the writers were 8, because who else could come up with this extremely random plot. "We need to add a North Korean sniper, guys with guns, and bombs." "How do we make that fit with our Navy fighter pilot/"Top Gun" ripoff/crappy love story plot?" "How am I supposed to know? I'm 8. Just do it."

Don't see "Stealth." And for the Christmas season, do the world a favor: Stop someone else from seeing "Stealth."

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn, I was almost the first entry this time, but something went wrong and I could not post my note! Hey Sam, I want to rent Mr&Mrs.Smith, let me know if I should or not? I dont like the couple in it, but the movie does look good. A good movie I did watch last night was Polar Express, it was neat to watch this animated movie. Where is the spell check on this thing? Glad you like your christmas tree and have fun in the snow! Love MOM

12/04/2005 7:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I've never seen a movie review quite like that, you should post that on the "Stealth" website. I'm sure there are other anti-stealth people out there who would love to hear your opinion. It is nice to know you are learning valuable lessons with our tax money. Let me know what you think about Narnia...Love Rach

12/04/2005 12:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam,
The special effects were ok but I agree that the plot was lame. The writers should have left out the love story and just stuck to the "killing terrorists" idea.

CYA,
Love Dad

P.S. News from the SEAS Men's Club Christmas Tree Stand: 'Sold trees' to 'beers drank' ratio is at 2 to 1 today, but should be running about 1 to 4 by the end of this week. Wish you were here to help...sell trees that is.

12/04/2005 6:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam,

Thanks for the review on Stealth...don't think I will be renting that one. We watched Polar Express and Christmas with the Kranks....sounds like things are going good for you! See you soon!

Love,
Aunt Terry

12/05/2005 3:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Terry, didn't you like both those movies? I was just amazed how well made the Polar Express was,at times they looked like real people. I watch Charlie and the Chocolat Factory this weekend, this too was good. Hi Sam!Hope your having fun in all that snow you got! Love MOM

12/05/2005 5:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, am I up with the times? I watched Polar Express Sunday night on my Dell. I really like belonging to Netflix. So very confinent for me. Sam are you now into Movie Reviews for the Rich and Famous or the Poor and Downtrodden? You should be able to get in some sking there if Mom puts some skis under the Christmas Tree. Opps! I mean Santa!

12/05/2005 11:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh Oh!! I guess I will be returning the gift I bought you for Christmas..........He He He

12/08/2005 9:11 AM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Thanks a lot Aunt Jill. Now I'm really excited that I get to come to Quincy for Christmas!

12/08/2005 9:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home