Hey
Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. Not much has really been going on. Classes have started to get interesting. And by interesting, I mean really boring. I'm ready to graduate.
I've pretty much wasted all my possibly productive time today. I've been doing stuff, but nothing has really be accomplished, unless you count me become extremely awesome at some online video games. I really should be putting your tax dollars to better use by optimizing my time to maximize my academic potential, but I'll do that tomorrow. Hahaha.
I hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to write again sooner next time. I just hope something cool happens for me to write about, instead of having to drone on and on about nothing. Hey, this blog is kind of like "Seinfeld." See ya later.
**************UPDATE****************
Well, like Mom mentioned, I met a 4 Star General on Tuesday. My sponsor is his speech-writer. The General gave a speech here and my sponsor was also there, so after the speech and all, I got introduced. It was pretty cool. There was something else I wanted to add, but I forgot. Maybe it will come back later. Oh, now I remember. Has anyone seen "Annapolis"? I know Tera has seen it, but I haven't yet gotten the chance to see it. From what I've heard, it's not that great. Look out "Stealth", "Annapolis" my be coming to steal your title of Worst Movie Ever Created.

35 Comments:
Hey Dad's on first again!!! woohoo!
I know you're aceing all your classes Sam, that's why you get to wear Academy "bling" on you uniform. Being awarded a silver star and a silver wreath for making the Dean's List and the Commandant's List last semester is a great achievement!! You make mom and me proud. Anyway, it's good for you to get some R & R from your schedule, so enjoy your down time this weekend. Talk to you soon.
Love, Dad
1/29/2006 1:00 PM
I didn't know you got some bling! How come no one told me! I swear I see mom every day! Sam, you make me proud too, but in a way that makes me gag. You make me gag a lot. Do you have any big plans for Superbowl weekend? Some crazy shoe-shining party? Eating ramen noodles and cans of soup-go wild! Talk to you later! Love Rach
1/29/2006 3:48 PM
Samuel! You told me and dad some awesome news that you could of put on your blog site, remember, talking with the 4 star Gerneral!! How often does anyone ever get to do that! Hey, Tera, if you are reading this, let us hear from you. Have a good week Sam,Lv Mom
1/29/2006 5:20 PM
You are doing GREAT Sam!!! Everyone deserves R & R from time to time; enjoy it when and while you can! No matter what you do; I am still very proud of you, even if it is mastering a video game now and then.
Love ya,
Aunt Terry
1/30/2006 8:51 AM
Good going Sam! As usual you make us proud! I met a General once! But I think he had something to do with chicken. I see you made the Dean's list! Great! Love you, Grandma. Grandpa says, "Hi". Grandpa is man of few words.
1/30/2006 9:44 AM
Sam and I talk online a lot, so I don't really think to write on the blog, but this time I will so I can say hello to everyone else! As Sam said I did see Annapolis this past weekend. Lets just say its a good thing it was about the Navy, wouldn't want it to put shame to the Air Force (or Army) name. Speaking of Army (sorry Sam) James leaves this Wednesday to do an intense 2 month field training to prepare him for Iraq. He will still be in Germany, just somewhere I've never heard of. After that is over he will get some time off before heading out to Iraq. Please say some prayers for him.
All in all I'm doing pretty good. I try to keep myself busy with homework, exercising, meeting new friends. This semester is going better, but I definately can't wait to be home again!
Hope everyone has a great week. Keep up the great work Sam! Enjoy your relaxing times and good luck with classes.
-Tera
1/30/2006 11:03 AM
Hey Mr. Sam. I haven't seen you in a while and stumbled upon this website when I Googled "Single Men In Uniform"; So I thought I'd say hello...
Anyway. I shall drop in again.
I hope things are going well!
Later,
Jeremy
1/30/2006 12:24 PM
Good afternoon from South Dakota. Your father forwarded the weblog address to me. Now I have something to do at work besides email Jeremy. I've spent all day sealing paystub envelopes. State jobs... I don't think I've beeen so over-paid in my life.
Christopher
1/30/2006 2:32 PM
Chris, working for the government IS great. Look at me...I'm listening to music, typing on a blog, and wondering what I'm going to have for supper...and I'm getting paid for it. Ain't it the best?
1/30/2006 4:54 PM
Hey, this is great, hearing from Tera,hi Tera, and yes we will be saying some prayers for James,glad you are doing better, you just needed more time to get adjusted, and to my surprise to see a comment from Jeremy and Chris! Chris it was great to see you and Kesi over the Holidays, sorry we missed seeing you Jeremy, but I hear from your mom that you are doing well and that you dress pretty snazzy. And to my mom, are you sure the guy you ment wasn't a Kernel? And last but not least to Sam, do you really think we all thought you would like Annapolis? a movie about Navy guys? Hey, lets hear from the other neices and newphews out there, let us know how your doing. Sam, where is the spell check on this?
1/30/2006 8:19 PM
Hey Sam and Chris, just ask Sarah, not all State jobs are as great as you two got it, then again, maybe you should not ask her, heeheheheh
1/30/2006 8:22 PM
Goot morning.
Today iss payday.
Unt I am ze Paystub Nazi.
You vwant chek. ...no stub vfor you!
Christopher
1/31/2006 6:53 AM
Tank ye sir. May Eye 'ave a nudder?
1/31/2006 9:48 AM
Mom, I'm pretty sure Grandma D didn't meet a Kernel, considering a kernel is unpopped popcorn. I don't even think spell check could help with that butchering...Love Rach
1/31/2006 5:54 PM
Rach, I was talking about a kernel of corn, no one ever gets my jokes!!
2/01/2006 7:12 AM
I have to agree with Rachel, Aunt Becky. Your joke didn't make any CENTS.
Chris
2/01/2006 7:54 AM
Yep Becky. It's true: I'm pretty much a fashion stud. My new shiny dress boots are the talk of the office.
Sam, how often should I shine these puppies? And do you use the oft heralded cotton ball method?
2/01/2006 10:26 AM
I agree with Mom. I think Grandma D really did get to meet a giant kernal of corn once.
And Jeremy, as for shining boots, I use a modified cotton ball method. First I spit in the can of polish. I guess you could use water, but spitting is so much cooler. Then I get a couple cotton balls, mash them together, and swirl them around in polish 5 or 6 times. Then I rub the cotton balls and polish in small circles until whatever I need polished is covered. Then repeat with the other shoe. Depending on how shiny I want the shoes, I'll do this up to 5 or 6 more times. Then I let the shoes sit until the polish turns dull and dry to the touch. Then I buff out the shoes with a rag until they're shiny. This can take awhile, but the shoes look great after it's all done.
I polish every few days. You can usually touch it up with a lite buffing if you don't really need to polish but want them to shine. I hope this helps.
2/01/2006 10:31 AM
I did meet a kernel of corn. He was so corny, I just popped him right out of my mine. Grandma D
2/01/2006 10:45 AM
Thank you, Sam. I'll get out that bag of cotton balls. I've been using torn up old t-shirts which work just fine. Good stuff.
The spit/water appears to be the key.
Any brand better than Kiwi? It's appearing to be doing the trick just fine.
2/01/2006 11:28 AM
Anything that is soft and doesn't have a lot of lint will work good.
I use "Lincoln Wax" brand polish. I used Kiwi during Basic Training though. That was good too. I'd suggest keeping the same brand. I don't think it's a good idea the keep switching brands. Once you find something you like and works, I'd stick with it.
2/01/2006 12:28 PM
To be quite honest. I just like the fumes.
I'll stick with Kiwi.
:)
2/01/2006 12:36 PM
Well, if you REALLY like fumes, you can get a lighter and melt the polish instead of buffing it out. Just make sure not to burn the shoe. The was does catch on fire and puts a decent gloss on the polish without too much work.
2/01/2006 2:08 PM
WOW! I have never seen so many comments on Sam's blog before!GEEZ! I make one mistake in my life of mispelling a word! It was late, and I was in a hurry, but no sympathy, everyone keeps bringing it up! Gosh, all the shoe shinning talk wore me out, glad I don't have to do that! Chris, did you spend your paycheck yet?
2/01/2006 3:55 PM
One mistake? Umm, I think you have a running total of 1,465 mistakes on this blog alone...at least it keeps the talk lively...Love Rach (your favorite work buddy)
2/01/2006 4:26 PM
Yes, Becky, $10 at Laundro-Mat. The rest was confiscated by my accountant.
Chris
2/02/2006 7:21 AM
Oh. For those on the other side of the family who are saying to themselves, "Who's this Jeremy person typing away on my little Sammy's blog?"
I'm Sam's svelt, mostly obnoxious, perfectly coifed, Nancy-boy cousin.
I live in Chicago and enjoy bananas and tea at the three o'clock hour. So I better get going. And buy my banana.
2/02/2006 1:29 PM
Jeremy AKA "Chirp" is also a big-time lawyer who fights for those poor hospitals and doctors, protecting them from the nasty, mean- spirited and self-centered families of patients who have died or lost limbs due to some "little, tiny, mistake". He He He He He He!
I'm not saying who wrote this. Damn. I think my name comes up any way. Oh well. Love, Aunt Lynn
2/02/2006 2:45 PM
Jill, you're pretty sweet, trying to attribute such kind words to your loving sister Lynn---who knows I do no wrong.
I better get back to shredding these medical records.
2/02/2006 4:01 PM
Sam, my boss and I lost it yesterday reading some of the articles on that linked website of your's.
"5 shitty movies everybody loves"
What would I do at work without the internet?
Chris
2/03/2006 7:18 AM
I am not sure of what all the words ment when Jeremy discribed himself, all I know that he is very polished,smart, handsome,all around nice young man in a awesome city that I would like to go back to some day, Kevin take this hint! Keeping you updated on our dance class,luck would have it that we were not the only ones not to practice, so the instructor started from scatch,but she did add on another twril, I kinda like those twirls, Kevin and I promise to practice this week so our class can advance. Happy Super Bowl everyone!
2/03/2006 7:22 AM
Hey, did anyone see Prime Time last night? Looks like Kevin and I are in the "Know", it is Trendy to learn how to dance! Only wish we could look like the kids in the show last night, I am jealous of them!
2/03/2006 7:37 AM
Becky, it's not "Swing", is it?
I think that's the worst fad to hit in my lifetime. This is coming from a guy who rolled his jeans and wore soccer shoes.
Of course there are guys running around with shorts hanging past their knees and bellow their ass. (Idiots)
That might be the worst.
Chris
2/03/2006 8:19 AM
Becky: I always knew you were my favorite aunt. [Take that, Jill.]
Kevin: get your wife up here and I'll take you folks out dancin'.
Chris: Leave Becky alone; she's my favorite aunt. [Take that, Jill.] Swing and Ballroom are about all you can learn in couples dancing, and about the only two you can use in real life. I guess they could learn something tribal.
Sam: Last night I used your entire modified cotton-ball routine---spit included---and my dress boots look freakin' spectacular. Tonight, I'm going to a friend's art gallery opening. The boots will be quite dashing. Sam, I'll remember you in my last will and testament.
Jill: Becky's my favorite aunt.
2/03/2006 8:30 AM
That's Jeremy's MO. Dissn' Jillian. Everybody knows who my favorite aunt is...
Alright, it's Aunt Becky too. Jeremy keeps taking my favorites.
Swing still sucks.
Lynn eats too much cheese.
And Jill drives a penis car. (Slut)
Jill's favorite nephew,
Christopher
2/03/2006 8:58 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home