...or the Daring Adventures of Daring-Do from the Most Eccentrical Wunderkind der Springfield via Quincy

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Back to Blue

As you can see, I've fallen in line with Chris and Jeremy and ceased calling this a "blog". It is now a "web log". Suck on that Dan Brown.

I'm back at the Academy now. And boy does it rock! I'm just kidding. I did get to see the next batch of victims/Basic Cadets today though. That was kind of uplifting...kind of like getting punched in the face but then seeing some other guy get hit in the nuts with a bat. It still hurts, but seeing his pain is just so much sweeter.

Sparkler bombs are my new favorite things. Search for a video on youtube.com, yahoo.com, or video.google.com. Who would have thought the lowly sparkler (remember Lynn and Jill's dance...apparently they are too upity and "proper" to do that now) could be so completely awesome. It could only be better if Dan Brown and a copy of "Stealth" were on top.

I don't have much to write about, so I'll leave you all to you own devices.

****EDIT****

Okay, so I'll add this for Mom. I had a great time at home with Mom and Dad, but especially Kelly the Dog. It was nice seeing the girls and whatnot. I can't wait to get back there again. But all I did was eat. I ate at all the places I love, but it was kind of sad that my entire break was centered around eating. Oh well. I'll be living in the woods for 5 days doing deployment stuff, so maybe I'll work it off in the 100* heat. How is USAFA located in a great training environment? This place has horrible weather. Anyway, being home was the best and getting to see everyone in Quincy was a sweet added bonus, although the bottlerocket-turned-roman candle-war was pretty lopsided. Take that Uncle Joe!

And last but no least...KEVIN HOLBROOK ACTUALLY BOUGHT A CAR. The parentals drove up to St. Louis on a whim to look at sexy Toyota Rav4's. They ended up getting a silver one with a sunroof. I can't wait to see it. But I did shed a tear for my beloved '89 Honda Accord with tight chrome trim. It was living in splendore in the garage, but will once again be kicked to the curb like day old trash or Kelly's eventual remains.

****EDIT PART DUEX****

I read this article today on a website called Points in Case. Click here for the link

http://www.pointsincase.com/truth_behind_art.htm

This article talks about why art and artists are overrated. They're pretty much just emo kids that get paid for their "inner dark abyss cause by years of living in a mansion with their doctor father and tobacco heiress mother." So dark, so tragic, so shut-the-hell-up emo kid. Anyway, it's a good article for people like me who think a dot on a white canvas is art that showes the emotion and tribulations of being alone in the world. By that standard, gross stain on the floor outside my dorm room is also a masterpiece. They all need to choke on a paintbrush. Cherrio!

70 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, man it was cool going to see Pirates when you were here. We'll have to see Transformers next year. Thanks for the Stogie and I hope jumping out of an airplane is as cool as it sounds!

7/16/2006 6:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam, I am dissappointed in your "web long" what about telling everyone about the wonderful time you had spending with your mother and father! How quickly you forget us. Oh well, looking forward to seeing some pic's of you in your flight suit! TTYL. Peace Out ect.

7/16/2006 2:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam!! You made it back safely! I'm glad you finally got to see the new cadets being put through the grinder. Any crying going on? Had a good time with you on the 4th, I'll overlook the burns on my husband's buttocks. By the way, I would have done the sparler dance if only someone would have asked...........I even had one already choreographed. Oh well. Have a good one. And Sam, don't forget...stone ground whole wheat, farm fresh eggs.....yadda, yadda, yadda. Miss you alot!

7/16/2006 7:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Sam, this is more like it, kinda hate that Kelly was your favorite to see, but I will take what ever I can get. Yes, we finnally bought a new car! Back to parking in the back 40 for me, but the pay off is worth it. Now, lets have a friendly competition on what my new license plate should say. Oh and Chris and Kesi, is it a bit hot there?

7/17/2006 7:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah.....good ones! I like the cake 911, but what about
I8Kev? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ha ha. Enough already.

7/17/2006 8:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My vote is still for
mmmcake
but maybe it should be
cowboy1
or
sugarme

Anonymous needs some orbit gum for their dirty mouth!

Sam, sorry you have to live in the woods for 5 days, that sounds sucky. Do you not get to shower? Don't forget your bullfrog and deorderant. Love Rach

7/17/2006 9:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was 108 degrees on Saturday and cooled off to a chilly 102 yesterday. We were outside both days and the breeze was even hot. I have never thought that if the wind would stop blowing it would be cooler!

License plates for Becky:

ISPEL R8
SPELAR
SPLCHK4ME

7/17/2006 9:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahah, I like all your choices for license plates, but don't get the 18Kev? Someone please explain?

7/17/2006 4:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becs, I don't know who wrote it but it is supposed to be
I8Kev (I ate Kev). It was rather clever of anonymous, could it have been Kev himself? Hmmmmmmm.....

By the way Rachel, I do not need any Orbit gum.

Whoopsie!

7/17/2006 5:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay cool everyone, going to be another HOT one today!

7/18/2006 7:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me a break Jill, you need a CASE of Orbit gum!
Did you see the commercial with Snoop Dog? It makes me laugh...Rach

7/18/2006 9:33 AM

 
Blogger Sam said...

I added another update. Check that shiz out.

7/18/2006 6:41 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Jill: Seeing the Basics cry is the best. Their pain is my joy. I talked to some of the people from my old squad that were working Basic training. That made some of the wussies cry so I laughed.

Mom: Here's some ideas for your new car's sweet tags:

IH8 WRDS

MMM TCBY

IH8 KLLY

WFFLCONE

GAGAMOLE

NOT A VAN

IC QUEEN

That's about it for me. Maybe some more will come to me later while I'm sitting in a foxhole board out of my mind while my bodyguards watches the flank.

7/18/2006 6:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam you do weird things on tuesday nights...
Rach

7/18/2006 9:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find the link in the 2d Edit to be silly hyperbole oversimplifying creative efforts. I'm sure Ann Coulter and the author of the article could get along swimmingly.

Let's all go look up "Straw Man Argument" on Google and we'll see why Ms. Coulter and this writer aren't ready for unsupervised employment.

7/19/2006 9:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam's latest edit voiced my thoughts precisely. I noticed Jeremy's comment and decided to read the "Straw Man Argument."

These are my thoughts:
I agree with Sam's post on putting a black dot on a white piece of paper and calling it art is a load of crap. However, the artists such as Michaelangelo that can paint AMAZING things and have that talent I do consider artists. Just because I know how to draw a circle, triangle and square doesn't make me an artist. Just as someone knowing how to hold a bat doesn't make them a baseball player. For those of you that are familiar with Quincy Senior High, there were the "A Building Geeks" and the "C Building Jocks." These I believe follow Jeremy's "straw man argument" which to me is stereotyping based on the majority. (I don't think there is anything wrong with stereotyping, because most of the time your intuitions are right.) I think Sarah's locker was in A building and my locker was in C building. It doesn't make Sarah a geek nor does it make me a jock, but because of people whose lockers were near ours, we stereotyped. (Sarah if your locker wasn't in A building, I apologize) I will always be considered a jock (or whatever word for female athlete there is besides lesbian...which I have been called many times because I am a female athlete) These are things I just have to live with whether they be right or wrong/true or false. I do my best to convince people that girls can be athletic and still enjoy things such as shopping or wearing skirts and still have hand/eye coordination.

Sam, I still agree with you on the black dot and white paint thrown on tin foil is something drunk people do, but I do recognize real artists, writers, musicians for their talents as I would expect these same people to recognize athletes for their talents.
Jeremy, I enjoyed reading the straw man argument and will whip that out the next time I'm involved in a heated debate.
Now I must return to my state job of formatting spreadsheets!
Kesi

7/19/2006 1:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for looking up the Straw Man argument. For those without the time, it's the logical fallacy often used by your average political commentator or radio talk show host.

To slam something you don't like you create a "strawman." Most people find poop on a canvas to not be art. That's the strawman. The strawman can't fight back. Nobody can argue with much confidence that poop on canvas is art.

So the dim-witted arguer says, "see, you agree that artists are lame because you can't come up with a good argument for why poopy canvas should be considered art."

That's when you point out: "hey Dim Witted Arguer, you've defined art and artists in an extremely narrow way that does not encompass anything near a significant portion of art in an attempt to disparage the entire world of art. You've created a strawman. Let's instead talk about these: Spielberg, Monet, Charles Dickens, Klimt, Dali, and struggling artists who don't just poop on paper."

Then the dim-witted arguer will usually move on to a different logical fallacy---usually ad hominem (attacking the arguer, rather than his argument). Again, see any interview with Ann Coulter.

7/19/2006 5:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Kevin a fellow libertarian? (me likes)

I definitely consider what I do to the bottom of the porcelain god "art." The regularity at which I engage this artistic expression is quite amazing; and the diverse mode of my droppings exhibit my sophisticated craftsmanship. Not unlike the masters of art's past, I sometimes struggle under pressure. However, the enducing qualities of bacon, eggs, and coffee seem to inspire my greatest masterpieces. Many can attest to my expertise and vast repertoire, for it is umistakable who left the water closet in its unavoidable state.

As Kip would say, peace out.

7/20/2006 8:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention, Sam, I like the "web log" transition. Now we need to change the lowercase letter domination of our comment names. I hate seeing my name looking like a mcdonalds advertisement. (I'm not lovn' it)

7/20/2006 8:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris is gross

7/20/2006 8:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Uncle Kevin, I require "inspirational time." This usually takes the form of breakfast, lunch, or supper, coupled with large amounts of liquid laxative (tea/coffee). Breakfast usually inspires a surprisingly large quantity of "art." (most likely the remnants of the previous evening's "inspirational time") Lunch, conveying a more relaxed mood, varies the consistency of my "art." One day could be "taffy" the next could be "bunny." It depends on what inspires me, Burger King or frozen/canned food. Supper is always the "grand finally" with its enlarged burst radius after steak or its size-record breaking solids after pasta. It's all in the preparation.

7/20/2006 10:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only do what nature calls me to do.

Excuse me, I just received a "call!"

7/20/2006 10:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave it to the Holbrooks to eventually turn a normal conversation into a comparison of bowel movements...I'm so proud!!!
:) Rach

7/20/2006 4:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rach,
You should try spending an extended period of time with Chris...perhaps long enough to experience an "art" movement with him!
Kesi

7/21/2006 11:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just today had the time to go read the article that Sam directed us to do, I agree with most art out there, I have seen the Monilisa in person, and I think it was amazing,as well as most of the art work in the Louve, but tin foil and white paint? Come on! Sam did a great piece of art here that sits on my coffee table, I get many compliments on it, I think it would sell for millions! Art is in the eyes of the beholder, I think a mother said this! Everyone have a great Monday!

7/23/2006 6:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the Monilisa? Is that by David Bowie?

7/24/2006 6:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New subject please....

7/24/2006 8:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam has not come out of the wooods yet, hopefully we will hear something from him today. Not much going on here, Rach tunns 26 tomorrow on July 26th, her Golden Birthday, she thinks she should get extra presents for this event. No car yet for me, other then that not much news going on here, same ole, same ole.

7/25/2006 7:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some new topics:

Yankee fans should get off A-rod's back. That dude carry's them to the playoffs every year. I don't care if he's not as clutch as they want him to be. I hope the boo him into a trade and he ends up on the Red Sox. Then we'll see if they miss him.

I like blue. It's my favorite color.

The Kite Runner is an excellent book. I'm now reading The Houdini Girl. Terrible book.

I would like to purchase one of those canvas wardrobe/spare closet thingies.

I recently purchased a corn cob pipe because I thought it a funny prop.

My new hobby is checking out designer's web sites (like Kenneth Cole) and searching the clearance section. I find it a grand way to shop.

I'm going to grill this evening.

There ya'll go.

7/25/2006 11:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

edit: carries

7/25/2006 11:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerms,

I don't know about a corn cob pipe??? I like blue too, however my favorite color is orange. I've been on a pink kick lately though, influenced by Brianna. A-Rod is still the best 3rd baseman in the American league. Look up the stats for AL 3rd baseman. He is on record to anhilate batting records and this is including this year's (so called slump) year.
Kesi

7/25/2006 2:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink's a good color for this season. I love Brianna's jean jacket with the pink trim. The corn cob pipe is funny, I assure you, when I pull it out of my desk draw when a partner is visiting me and trying to have a serious conversation. Ditto re: A-Rod. There are plenty of reasons to not like him, probably, but only in New York would they say he hasn't played to his potential. Ridiculous.

Do you think his $250 Million contract makes him untradeable?

7/25/2006 5:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I don't think the contract makes his untradeable, I think the year he is having makes him untradeable. If he was having a typical A-Rod year and the Yankees were not in playful contention I think there are teams out there that would pay it. i.e. Alfonso Soriano. Huge contract and it appears the Angels are going to pay it. Anywho, bedtime for pinter panter

7/25/2006 9:30 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Jermey, I have a pipe too. It's a decent one too, and it makes me smarter. I used it while I was studying for finals and I did great. Having a pipe makes you an instant genius, kind of like staying at a Motel 6 or something.

7/25/2006 10:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Tom Bodattin, and we'll leave the light on for ya!

7/26/2006 6:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back from the jungle Sam! Glad you are back and didn't get that mouse sickness,although you didn't sound to good on the phone last night. Pay close attention to the sky diving instructions this week! Love ya, Mom

7/26/2006 7:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a very special granddaughter, our Rachel. Have a great day! Let's see now. My favorite colors are light blue and lilac ( that's the old lady in me ), I am a die hard Cardinal fan & I also think A. Rod is the best at what he does. His salary as are all the Yankee's is way to high but old George likes to strut his stuff. As for reading I am still trying to get off the first page of the DaVincy Code. ( most like misspelled) ( Becky has my genes ). Corn cob pipe? It's been years since I smoked one of those. They do add a certain flare to a person. I am a decendent, after all, to the Hatfields of the fighting people, The Hatfields & the McCoys. You'all have a good day now! Oh yes Sam, nice to see your out of the woods as your mama says. Don't for goodness sake, forget to open that chute.

7/26/2006 10:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sammy, Glad u had a festive time in Quincy! The sparkler dance has not gone on for a while because of the little ones that might want to imitate. They would put their eye out u know. HA! We will try to put on a spectacular show next year! Glad to hear u ate your weight in food! You need to do that once and again. Jill and mom are on their way to Springfield. I am stuck at home making cookies and hosing down hot pupppies. I haope they have a wonderful time! OOps i hear my oven timer going off. Take care
Lovies,
Auntie Lynn
ps this is getting very MUNDANE

7/26/2006 3:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the B-day wishes! I had a great time all day. Josh pimped out my ride and I got new clothes, gift certificates and smelly good perfume. I got to eat Sushi for dinner which is quickly becoming my favorite food! Sam sent be pretty flowers too, I'm a lucky girl!
Grandma D, keep it up with the Da Vinci Code, once you get a couple chapters into it you won't be able to put it down!
Lynn, I wish you were coming down to Springfield too! The doggies could have stayed at my house! We will be thinking of you as we slide down the fantastic waterslides at WhiteWater on Sunday.
As for the other topics...
I don't know who A-Rod is, but I'll take Kesi and Jeremy's word for it.
My favorite flowers are hydrangeas but I can't seem to get them to grow in my yard.

Red is the best color in the whole wide word (lilac Grandma D??? what about cardinal red???)

Steven King writes sucky books that make even suckier movies.
I love Dean Koontz (don't tell Josh)

I am a sucker for the clearance rack in almost any store. And I love garage sales, thrift stores and any kind of junk I can make into something else.

Thanks again to my family for a wonderful birthday! My Golden Day was fabulous! Love Rach

7/26/2006 9:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynn,

Since Baxter cashed-in his tokens (RIP), I've made a "Baxter" computer icon. He now monitors my internet downloads for my Mac. If you would like, send me a clear picture of Mandy; and I will make you an icon for your computer desktop. I sent a practice icon of Jeremy standing next to a boat to him for his computer (pretty neat).

7/27/2006 8:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rach,

Happy b-day! When you are next in Chicago and have some time on your hands, you should hit the Sushi place that is 30 feet from my apartment. It's bitchin'.

Also. Stephen King has put out some junk, eh? I love his old stuff. "It" is one of my favorite books of all time. For any of you guys out there who had a band of buddies/brothers who played in the woods everyday throughout the summer, you'll love it too.

My current favorite flowers are orchids for some reason.

I like scotch. The Macallan. 15 year old, cask strength.

7/27/2006 10:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Rach! Glad u like raw fishies. By the ways, I love Stephen King. He's just a little bit funny looking. Koontz is good also! I am left here baking my buns off.

Chris I will send u a pic of the Mandy girl. I'm so sorry about Baxtie. I sent your family a card.

Hello Sammy, not to forget u!!!

Good-bye and good luck to all,

Auntie Lynn

7/27/2006 12:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish a big Happy Birthday to Grandma D, the internet savy Grannie we all love! Hope you have a great day!
Love Rachel

7/27/2006 9:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love state jobs.

I had to share with all of what a state job is really like. My department had a "retreat" yesterday in Ponca, NE state park. This is supposed to be a work day away from the office. We took a two hour lunch, a tour of the park, learned how to throw tomahawks, browsed wildflowers and briefly went over some goals for the next 12 months. And they say state employees don't really work!!!

7/28/2006 7:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day Grandma D!!!!! Was your birthday the 27th? If so, sorry the Cardinals couldn't pull out a victory for you yesterday :(

Dear Kesi, sounds rough. Are they hiring?

Happy Friday, ya'll. Tonight I'm gonna buy a steak at this great Mexican restaurant. That'll be groovy.

7/28/2006 8:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grandma D's Birthday is on Saturday, maybe the cardinals still have a chance...
Rachel

7/28/2006 8:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Them darn Cubs! Just who do they think they are? Thanks for the B day wishes. Went to the "Boat" for a birthday treat and lost my BUTT! Crap! Have a great week end everyone. Hope to see some of you the 6th of August.

7/28/2006 9:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's bored?

Here's another family member's blog for while Sammy's gone. Click on my name.

7/28/2006 12:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto to Kevin's blog, Happy birthday to my Mom and to Mike,hope you both enjoy a wonderful day and may you both find something cool to do. Sam if you have time let us know how in the heck you have been doing, any jumps yet? Take care everyone, have a great weekend. Jill will be here with me this weekend, so if no one post "anonymous", we will know it was always Jill.

7/28/2006 1:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The birthday boy Mike will be celebrating his b-day in SD with me, Chris and Brianna. They are currently about 10 minutes from Vermillion and will leave to head back to Quincy on Sunday. Sue is staying in Q-town working to open a new store. Everyone have a good weekend!
Kesi

7/28/2006 2:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mike in SD, Happy Birthday, I hope Kesi made you a awesome b-day cake! Happy Birthday Mumsy, wish you were here to go to White Water with us! Took Jill, Granny and the kids to Dream Land last night, they loved it! Have a good weekend everyone!

7/29/2006 7:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woops. You're right Kev, that did not work at all....

This should work...

7/31/2006 9:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Late happy Birthday to Grandma D!!! I hope you had a great one! And the same to you Mike, my dear oldest brother!!! A big thank you to the Springfielders for their abundant hospitality this past weekend. We all had a great time, however, I did miss the 19 turnoff and ended up in the town of Bowling Green....oh well, at least I knew my way back and my son was wearing pants. See you all at the benefit this weekend! Sam......are you on solid ground? Are you solid, too? Missed you this weekend, but it was fun messing up your room.

7/31/2006 8:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin wears girlie pants.

7/31/2006 8:12 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Yes Aunt Jill, I'm on solid ground. I never got off though!! I was supposed to jump today, but the group I was with got screwed over by the dirty-ho winds of Colorado. So, tomorrow morning I should be plummeting toward earth at 120 mphs, then slowing to 30 mph via a parachute and two straps on my crotch. Woohoo!

7/31/2006 8:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Sam! I hope the winds of Colorado are sweet upon you back tomorrow. Love Rach

7/31/2006 9:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a grand weekend with Jill,Granny and the kids, lots of laughs too, just ask Granny. Hint, don't ever sit next to Lauren when she is eating chocolate icecream! hahahahah, it sure is quiet after they all left, pls. come back soon,and bring Lynn with you! Sam I hope the wind is in your favor today, you will have to write all about it here. See everyone soon at the Benefit, you can't miss us, we will all be in pink, even Kevin, so that is worth the admission to get in.

8/01/2006 7:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone! Mom wanted me to write on the "web log" that Sam made his first jump today and he landed safely! Sam said it was awesome and he was really excited! Hopefully we will hear a first hand account from him later today...Congratulations Sam! love Rach

8/01/2006 11:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam, glad to hear your back on the ground safe & sound. Sounds like you really enjoyed it. Congrats on your first jump. Love you, Grandma D

8/01/2006 12:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

update regarding Sam's jump's, he actually got to jump out of a perfectly good airplane 3 X's today! He is supposed to call us tonight. He did call Kevin after his first and second jump, he really is enjoying this.

8/01/2006 3:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool stuff Sam! I wanna jump out of an airplane.

Bah. I'm tired of this heat wave, everybody. We walk everywhere in this city, so I spend a lot of time sweating. Bogus.

My favorite Tv shows are The Office, The Colbert Report, The Daily Show, Dog Bites Man, South Park, and 24.

bye.

8/02/2006 2:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam completed his 5th good jump today and now has his wings to prove it, awesome Sam,can't wait to see the tape. You will have to write about your experience on your blog. IT IS BLASTED HOT OUT! So happy I work in a cool office!
Hey,does anyone else out there been watching "Treasure Hunt"?, I look forward to it every Monday night, nothing else on this summer.

8/02/2006 3:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam! Congrats on your jumps, although, I, too, am glad they are over with. I can't wait to read your bolg, pardon, your web log, about it. (Hint, Hint.) Well done. I had a lady at the store today ask me about my t shirt (AFA) and I told her about you, she said good luck to you.

Sarah, no problem, I understand you missing us due to your new apartment. Plus, you would have just got chocolate ice cream all over yourself.

Vern AKA Jeremy.....I think my favorite show is Dateline and 48Hours (not to be confused with 24). I also live for reality shows, especially Survivor and the Amazing Race. And I hate to admit, but in the datk of the night when no one is around and the shades are pulled on all of the windows I have been known to watch an episode or two of the Real World. God help me.

8/02/2006 6:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

datk=dark

8/02/2006 6:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite TV shows are the Amazing Race; CSI (the original); And The People's Court! I pretty much love any true crime 48 hour special too, and Criminal Minds. Apparently I have a dark side. Josh thinks I'm morbid because I like watching and reading about murders. I tell him it is so I will be prepared if I am ever attacked...really it is just interesting to me.

I also love the Sopranos, Josh and I only have a couple more episodes to watch, I'm sad it is almost over. I do enjoy watching "24" also, but it isn't my absolute favorite show.

You know what show I wish they could bring back? Supermarket Sweep, that show was awesome! Everyone knows you are suppose to go straight for the expensive hams! Anyone else have old favorite they wish could return???
Something to ponder...
Rach

8/02/2006 9:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish they would bring back The Wonder Years, or at least release the box set on DVD. That was the greatest kid show ever. I went through the same stuff that Kevin Arnold did on the show at like the same time it aired. He was like my brother from the '60's. Not to mention, my mom even thought we looked alike when I was young too.

8/02/2006 10:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and did anyone ever catch that show Sons and Daughters on ABC? Sarah and I loved that show. It had the "O" face guy in it from Office Space. It was soooo funny and sooooo short lived. I couldn't figure out why ABC pulled it so early. That show should totally come back on the air. It was a riot.

8/02/2006 10:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite shows are (in no particular order): Seinfeld, Golden Girls and Sportscenter. I also really liked the Smurfs as my favorite cartoon. I miss the Smurfs...I even had the card game. When Chris and I lived in Montana every Saturday morning we would get up and watch "This Old House" on PBS. We haven't had cable since we lived in Quincy so we enjoy this PBS show as well as Antiques Roadshow. It is our entertainment when we're home.

8/03/2006 6:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like watching Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, I think I should call them to make over Kevin! He would just crap though if I were to do that, wouldn't you Kevin? So I guess no one watches "Teasure Hunter"?, Jill you would like this, it is a reality show. Thought Sam would have a new blog up today, guess he has been celebrating? His school starts Aug.10th, so might be getting ready for that too. TTYL

8/03/2006 7:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sophia is by far my favorite character on GG. I had three roommates in college and the four of us had personalities and lifestyles that matched each one of the characters. I was the short, mouthy one so I was Sophia. She cracks me up! I want to be like her when I'm older. I think everyone is a Sophia fan though, Rose gets too annoying at times. Blanche is always shacking up with someone and Dorothy has her good moments but most of the shows are her being pissed off at Stan.

8/03/2006 8:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home