...or the Daring Adventures of Daring-Do from the Most Eccentrical Wunderkind der Springfield via Quincy

Monday, August 21, 2006

Snakes...on a Plane


(If you can't read the text in the picture, just click on it)

Alright. A lot of you people have been making fun of the great hit "Snakes on a Plane." If you've been living in a planeless/snakeless hole for the past couple months, here's a brief tidbit about this tasty little morsel. First off, no movie critics were allowed to see the movie before it was released. Good move Mr. Movie Studio Exec. Hopefully if we stop letting those ass-clowns do nothing for a living they will die of starvation. Moving on.

Samuel L. Jackson plays an FBI agent. I can't remember his name, but it's not important. He's a badass. Then there's this other guy...again names are unimportant. Let's just call him Dave. Anyway, Dave sees this Asian dude, John Kim, beat this lawyer to death (take that Jeremy!) ...while the lawyer hangs by his feet from a railroad track overhead. And he does it with a baseball bat. This is all in the first 5 minutes, so you know it's going to be sweet for the next hour and whatever. Oh yeah, did I mention that the only reason it's called "Snakes on a Plane" is because SLJ would only do it if it was named that. Yeah, that's right. Take that "Action Packed Comedy Adventure on board an Airline filled with villianous reptilians of a wriggly nature." (You're probably wondering why I stopped using caps half through...and you'd be right if you thought it's because I got tired of hitting the shift key.)

So Dave has to be flown from Hawaii to LA for the testimony against John Kim. So Kim decides to fill the plane with deadly serpents to bring the plane down. What a great idea! Terrorists, hijackings, drivebys, kidnapping. That is so 1930s. PUTTING SNAKES ON A PLANE TO KILL SOMEONE IS THE BEST IDEA EVER! Or so one would think until they realize Samuel L. Jackson is on board. *insert lady saying "Shaft!" from the movie of the same name*

Along with Shaft is an excellent mix of characters. There's the cranky old British guy, the Asian kickboxer, the token black dude, the mom and baby, the hot stewdess (actually 2), the male flight attendant who's flambouant, a pilot played by some guy who's probably inbred, a token fat black dude, the fat lady, the little boys, the stupid dog, the hot dumb chick, the guy that's scared of flying, and oh yeah...tons of completely bite-your-face-off snakes. "Stealth" this is not.

"Snakes" is full of action. There really aren't too many dull moments in this movie. The snakes look terrible/awesome. I was expecting sock puppets with snakes drawn on them in Sharpie, but I was pleasently surprised. The effects = spectacular. I see an Academy Award, if not 12. Take that "Titanic".

On that note, I hate "Titanic". I was kind of glad it sank. Leonard DiCaprio is a flaming bag of suck. Remember when he said "I'm the king of the world" and all the dumb girls were like "Ooo...he's so senstive and charming and handsome!" No, he's an ass. If I were on that crappy boat I would have pushed him over the edge and then yelled "Look who usurped your throne now beotch!!!" And then did the D-Generation-X crouch chop thing that parents freaked out about back in the '90s. But my favorite part was ruining the ending. "I wonder how it'll end." You know you heard people say that. Hmmmm...I wonder. Does the ship avoid the GINORMOUS iceberg in the movie? Will it sink? Pay $6.50 to find out! Bite me James Cameron. You too Josh Harnett. "Pearl Harbor" was pretty much terrible. The only thing that could have made it better is if Ben Afleck was killed by a pipe to the medula within the first 10 minutes. That didn't happen. Until it does, that movie sucks too.

Anyway, "Snakes on a Plane" is probably one of the funnier movies to come out. Most of the stuff is that "We didn't really make it funny on purpose...but did" kind of stuff. Like the when this one guys gets bite while he's taking a pee. You can use your imagination to figure out where he got bite. Yeah fella's. I know you all just cringed. I know I did just writing that. Anyway, the movie is just "plane" stupid and hilarious. It'd probably be better if you were drunk, but I wouldn't know. *wink wink*. No Mom, I wasn't drunk. That was just a joke...or was it? No really, I wasn't drunk... Plus there's a music video at the end of the movie. Who doesn't like that?

Go see "Snakes on a Plane." It really is a decent movie. Way better than "Stealth", "Shitanic", and "Pearl Har-bore". If you don't like it, you don't have a soul. If you do like, Jesus loves you. You just have to see the movie to believe it. Don't hate, participate. And buy a Trace Bundy album while you're at it.

Plus the studio that made it really needs to make back the $3,768 they spent on it.

58 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so I agree with the Craptanic comments, and Pearl Harbor was another 3 hour long piece of over-done AFLACK crap in which Cuba Gooding Jr. received no credit for running laps around BenLO's sorry attempt at fine acting. AFFLAAAAAAACK should stick to movies that are obviously visibly horrible on the surface like Daredevil, so that I will know to never waste another nickel on his pathetic sorry Hollywood ass. Now as for Snaked on a Plane, well I am still not sold on it. Sam Jackson has been very persuasive with his recorded messages I have heard on my phone, as well as with his many, many amazing movies like A Time to Kill and well of course Pulp Fiction. But it is snakes and a plane, how good can it really be?? Maybe if it were called Snakes, Planes, Trains and Automobiles, I would have totally given it a shot!

8/21/2006 7:53 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Just take my word for it Tom. A bunch of guys went to see the movie, and one 3 of us actually set out that night to see it. The others were whining that it was going to be crap...but it was awesome. You just have to see it to believe it.

8/21/2006 7:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom,we got that message on our phone too about the Snake Movie. I for one will not be going to see it,I think it looks scary, and I don't like to be scared! I have yet to see Taladega Nights, it is on my wish list to see next. Sam, I am so glad you are not so bogged down with homework to write such a good and long blog! Jeremy,sorry, I know you are tired of hearing about snakes! I am off to bed, way past my bed time, good night all! Sam see you in 10 days!

8/21/2006 8:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS. Regarding past my bedtime, looking at the time on the bottom, remember that Sam's time is one hour behind our time, so when I was writing this it is nearly 10PM!

8/21/2006 8:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate snakes and the thought of watching this movie never even occured to me. I will take your word for it Sam that it is very good and leave it at that. Is anyone going to Q-town for Labor Day weekend?

8/22/2006 7:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to Q town for labor day, I will travel the highways and byways to go to the annual O'Hara closing if the pool bash.

I LOVED Titanic and I watch it over and over all of the time. It makes me sad that there are loveless, unromantics here. Sam, your Christmas gift is history. I always blubber when the mom is reading the books to her children in bed as they are about to sink.....however I do wonder why she didn't at least TRY to save her children. Cowardly beotch. (thanks, Sam). Anyway, I probably will see the movie when it comes out on video. I took the kids to see Zoom last week.....now THAT is a movie no one should miss. Even men who don't like love.

8/22/2006 8:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Change that "if" to "of", please.

8/22/2006 8:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all and your scary movies! Not good for you, you know? Now I just watched "RV" which is up my alley and it was so funny I had tears running down my face. Especially when the toilet on the RV wouldn't work and Robin Williams had to fix it. This was one funny movie. A must for laughs. Of course I am usually a year behind everyone as I am with Netflix. Becky, I stay up to about 1 a.m. Got to bed read until 2 a. m. or 3 and get up about 8:30 a.m or sometimes 9. Whatever! When you are retired you can do as you want. My moto is now, "what don't get done today and get done tomorrow or the next day or week". lol

8/22/2006 8:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill please be safe on your travels through the gravel roads and wooded areas from Camp Point to Mendon for the Pool Party, but that doesn't mean that you are going to Quincy. Maybe me and Chris after driving 7 1/2 hours to Quincy don't want to drive another 15 minutes just for the pool party!

8/22/2006 8:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like scary movies either. Me and Chris's 2nd date, he brought "Stir of Echoes" to my apartment to watch. (A movie where a teenage girl is raped by two boys and they kill her and bury her in the basement of the house, of which her ghost now lives). The 3rd date he brought "Exorcist" to my house to watch. Need I say more.

I want to live the life of Becky's mom, where I can stay up late and get up and do what I want.

8/22/2006 9:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kesi, don't wish your life away, but life is sweet, after retirement. Somedays boring but I can stand borning. I worked 69 years to get here, maybe I'd better take off 12 of that. I didn't start to work until I was 13. The nuns at St. Mary's Hospital hired me. How'd they get by with that, I now wonder. Anyway I retired at 69 much to all the kids relief.

8/22/2006 1:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want to wish my life away. I am just selfish and want to do what I want, when I want. That would be sweet! I like it when people retire and enjoy their lives. They deserve it. Have a good day...it's a toasty one here!

8/22/2006 1:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kesi, my first date with Kevin he took me to see the Exosist! I know I spelled that wrong, but anyways, I kept my eyes closed the whole show! We are going to be traveling to Colorado Springs over Labor Day weekend! HEY! Parents Weekend at the Academy every year at this time, Kevin and I can't wait to get on the road, see you soon Sam! Kesi, have you heard from Chris about how him and Mike are doing, what are they doing? Jill, I liked the Titanic too,makes me freezy though everytime I think about it and that cold water! brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, ZOOM, dont know what that one is about, but did you take them to see Monster House?

8/22/2006 3:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris and Mike are having a good time. I talked to them on Sat, Sun & yesterday. They are driving all the way back this Friday. They are having fun doing the "roughing it" thing, but they said that the wildlife is non-existent right now, so that's kind of boring. When Chris and I were there for our honeymoon, it was during rut so the animals were out like crazy. Hopefully they get to see some wildlife before they head back.

8/23/2006 7:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kesi,

I believe I will be home for Labor Day weekend.

I'm tired of these MFing snakes in my MFing Labor Day Weekend plans.

Pearl Harbor. I chose to never see it. Titanic. I liked it the first time I saw it. I think I was 18. I'll blame my youth.

8/23/2006 11:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ATB Verno, I can't wait to see you.
I never wasted my time to see Pearl Harbor and I saw Titanic when it came out and that's it. I don't even know why I saw it then, I guess because everyone else was. I won't watch it again. I knew what happened before the 1st time I saw it, how many times can you watch a boat sink and a man fall overboard and get caught in the propeller looking thing. It cracks me up that the 1st thing Beckaroni thought of was the cold water though!

8/23/2006 1:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is for Jeremy! SNAKES;SNAKES;SNAKES;SNAKES;SNAKES;SNAKES;SNAKES;SNAKES;SNAKES;SNAKES;SNAKES;SNAKES;SNAKES;SNAKES;

LABOR DAY WEEKEND'LABOR DAY WEEKEND'LABOR DAY WEEKEND' LABOR DAY WEEKEND'

8/23/2006 3:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Titanic! Of course, I was 16 when it came out and newly in love...it was a romantic movie! "I'll never let go Jack, I'll never let go". Swoon...I own the soundtrack and Josh bought me a shirt (that I only wore under sweatshirts).

I am included in the group that never saw Pearl Harbor, Ben Affleck is a sucky actor and I never had the urge to see the movie. I did like the Faith Hill song on the soundtrack though.

Anyone ever see "memoirs (?) of a Geisha"? I read the book first (actually twice) before the movie came out. The movie has such great color and beauty and really brings the book to life, but fell short on the story. Jeremy you need to real "The Good Earth" by Pearl Buck. I recommend it. As you can see sometimes I read real literature and not just murder mysteries! Rach

8/24/2006 8:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought "Pearl Harbon" when it first came out on DVD. It was nothing but a love story and a stupid one at that. Peral Harbon was anything but a love story. Peral Buck is an excellent writer and she write mostly about China. I heard Microsoft is coming out with a new program, "Vista", and I doubt if my computer will be able to handle it. Darn. I'll be with the XP till the end of my computer days!

8/24/2006 9:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched the memoirs movie, Rachel and it is good. It is a little slow at times, but very interesting. The cinematography is very well done, and the story line makes you feel very sorry for that chosen lifestyle. I would definitely recommend the movie, especially since you have read up on it.

8/25/2006 11:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi All, I am at Rach's house writing this comment, my computer got sick and it is at the hospital, boo hoo! I was having computer withdraws at home so had to come to use Rach's. Hopefully we will be back online in a day or two, but then we will be on the road to Colorado! YIPPIE! Hey Jeremy, I Hear you have some news to share with us! Give us the juicy details, you know like , where , what? ect. Chis,How was your trip with you dad? Sam see you soon, everyone else talk to you soon, oh and Sarah and Rachel,NO PARTIES!

8/28/2006 6:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Everyone, Party at Becky and Kevins over the weekend. Free lodging, free food, and free beer! The guys from men's club are bring over the kegs and we have worked with the city to get the street blocked off that night. Come one, Come all!

8/28/2006 9:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll bring the doobies!

8/29/2006 12:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Granny, I have the doobies lined up...you can bring pies and fried chicken for munchies....

8/29/2006 5:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, no fun parties without me there, besides, you wont find any booze or food, we are pretty cleaned out right now. Oh and Sarah, pls. keep miss Sophie at home, she tends to pee at my house. Have a good Labor Day weekend all. Cya back online I hope soon.

8/29/2006 7:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So it took me forever to catch on, but I figured out what the whole SNAKES ON A PLANE thing was that I got on my phone. If you all don't know yet, it is really fun. Go to www.snakesonaplane.com and you can send a personalized message from Samuel L. Jackson telling one of your friends to see the movie. I was doing it all night one night. It is kind of addicting.

8/30/2006 5:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynn, even though you gave us plenty of time to make arrangements for the Halloween party, alas I can not go :( And I'm very sad! Josh and I have a craft show that weekend in Arkansas! So much for fun, I have to work :( I would have e-mailed you this but for some reason my outlook and g-mail don't like your address. Love Rach

9/01/2006 4:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachey, me and Lynn are going to be in Cecil Floyd's show in Dec. Are you in it????

9/02/2006 7:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill, I wasn't going to but now I'll have to think it over! It was a good show, lots of pretty things and I do like Joplin...I just got my application for it too, I think I'll have to talk Josh into doing it again this year! Rach

9/02/2006 12:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sar and Rach! Good to hear from you! Me and Lynn, if we are officially accepted, we will be in Spfld. on Dec8 , the show is on the 9th (Sat) and we will leave on Sunday. I guess we better tell your parents they may be having guests!! ha ha ha Or we will just show up! Ha ha ha !!!!! Just me, Lynn, the open road, tons of dog treats, and hopefully a wad of cash. If we get in, it will be the last show of the year for us.
Has anyone heard from the travelers? Having alot of fun, I'm sure!! Have a good Labor day, kinda cool here. Hey......the Bord starts school tomorrow. I think I'm gonna go vomit.......

9/04/2006 7:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talked to Bec a little over the week end. Thank goodness for cell phones! Ask her about the horse she rode that left her hanging!

9/04/2006 12:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi All! We are back! Back from our trip and thank goodness back online! We just got in late Tuesday night, slept in this morning,but have been hard at it all day today! UGH! I hate coming home from a trip, such a drag, but thank goodness Kevin and I took the rest of the week off. We had a blast on our trip, most favorite of course is seeing Sam looking studly in his dress uniform, dont get to see it on him anymore when he comes home, and my favorite of all is staying in a cabin and doing a bike ride down Rocky Mountain National Park! It was awesome! And yes, if Kevin can do it so can you! Oh and I dont think I will be riding on any horses anymore too, Sam is supposed to write about that when he gets a chance. Well, better get back to the laundry, Later.

9/06/2006 12:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh! I am home from work for 2 days and no chatter going on with the blog site!! Miles wale go back to work! Anyway, forgot to add last time that YES Jill! You and Lynn are more then welcome to stay Dec.8th and 9th, just bring some flops for Kelly is all we ask!

Kevin has been busy last couple of days with the Poker Stand, our Harvest Home Festival starts tomorrow night, wish us luck that the Poker Stand is a big hit! This game is new to all these folks here.

Sam I think it is time for a new blog comment from you, maybe how you enjoyed seeing your parents so much this past weekend, hahahahah. Write when you can, I know you are a busy guy! Love MOM

9/07/2006 2:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

becky's translator

miles wale=might as well

9/07/2006 3:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he he, miles wale, that makes me laugh..

9/07/2006 4:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about "might as well"?

9/07/2006 6:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops! a copy cat, am I.

9/07/2006 6:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's almost as bad!

9/07/2006 9:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you think?

9/08/2006 2:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Becky! Who is this person "Sam" you keep refering to? Does he really exist? We haven't heard from him in such a long time that I am beginning to think this "Sam" person is just an imaginary son.......
Congrats on the success of the poker stand! Now the catholics down there will be able to booze it up and gamble all at the same time, just like here in Quincy! Ha ha Ha Ha ha! And yes, we will definately bring treats for Kelly!!!!!! Have fun tonight!

9/09/2006 11:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jill, I think Sam is off riding his sweet new ride , his off road bicycle! He called me after riding it for the first time today, he said it was awesome going down hill! YIKES! Yes, so pleased the Poker Stand is a hit, everyone is talking about it and says we were the busiest stand all not long, it was a lot of fun too, I took pic's and will be sending them soon. Going to get some rest now for the long night again at the Poker Stand!

9/09/2006 12:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BORING, BORING, SAMS WEB LOG IS BORING!

9/12/2006 8:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi All, I think right now this blog site is the last thing on Sam's mind, he has a really full load this semester, plus he is playing Rugby for his intemural sport, and if he does have free time he is riding his sweet bike., but I have to agree, would be nice to hear something new, just be patient, I am sure he will get to it as soon as he can. Just keep checking!

9/12/2006 5:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care about rugby or his bike! I need entertainment! Give me a movie review, a funny story, anything!

9/12/2006 6:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does everyone think of the movie "Kicking and Screaming?" I need to know if it's worth renting.

9/13/2006 1:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

never seen it, is that with Will ferrall?

9/14/2006 8:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure is. Him and Mike Ditka, where Will Ferrell is the youth soccer league coach and I think Mike Ditka plays his assistant coach and dad.

9/14/2006 11:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks pretty good, you'll have to let us know if you liked it. Anyone heard how jeremy's new job is going?

9/14/2006 1:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's put it this way...it isn't Will's finest work, but at least he never runs down the road buck naked either so that is a plus.

9/14/2006 10:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I fell asleep during that show! Don't do it Kesi! Have a great weekend everyone! Not much planned here, Kevin is going to put up some shelves in our garage that he has been wanting to do for the last 8 years! I am going bike shopping, yes you read that right, I am going to get a bike too!

9/15/2006 7:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beckaroni,
Are you going to take your new bike off any sweet jumps?

9/15/2006 7:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Kesi, not going to be doing any jumps! Just flat and hopefully downhill!

9/15/2006 3:12 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

First off, I'll write a new blog this weekend. I swear.

I went riding today and yes, I did take it off some sweet jumps. I decided to blow off class and just go ride. Just kidding. I didn't have any classes this afternoon.

Anyway, I'll put something new up in a couple days. Later

9/15/2006 3:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it a sledgehammer?

9/15/2006 3:40 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

No, but I do have a case for carrying delicious bass and chapstick.

REX KWON DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9/15/2006 3:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh and I watched RV last night, it was funny, we liked it as far as "family" movies go. Robin Williams was funny, there was one disgusting scene though involving empting the tank...let's just say it makes me never want to rent an RV.

I am sad about the spinach recall. I love spinach and I pretty much eat a salad everyday, so now I don't know what I am going to do! Maybe I'll try a dark leafy lettuce for a while...

Congrats to Chris and Kesi on their future new addition! Josh and I are really excited for you guys!

Have a good weekend everyone! Rach

9/16/2006 3:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto to Chris and Kesi! Your family is going to have a exciting Spring, with a new baby in the family and a wedding! Hey, forgot to ask,has Chris started school? Is that why we have not heard from him? How about Jeremy,does he not have a computer anymore? Sam, good to see you finanlly made a comment, short, but at least we know you are there.

9/16/2006 4:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel, your Grandpa and I just loved "RV" and we laugh until tears roll down our faces at the dump scene. All I could see was Bill and Al when they dump their trailers. You wouldn't beleive the expression on Bill's face when he does this.

And the spinach deal. Like you I am just sick about this. I've been having spinach on all sandwiches I eat, either here at home or away, and loved it. Still had 1/2 bag left in fridge and had to throw it out! Hopefully they will get this settled soon! Then the question will be, do we dare try it again.

Chris and Kesi, the very best to the both of you. Kesi enjoy this time of carrying your little one. It is the best of times, after the morning illness passes of course. And have Chris wait on you hand and foot. After all you are carrying precious cargo.

9/17/2006 10:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home