...or the Daring Adventures of Daring-Do from the Most Eccentrical Wunderkind der Springfield via Quincy

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Trace Bundy


Last night the Academy decided to not screw over the Cadet Wing and had a really awesome concert at Arnold Hall. First was this band LUCE. They were pretty good. Good guitar, sweet keyboard. Overall, pretty good. But then came Trace Bundy.

If you haven't heard of Trace Bundy you should go out and buy everything Trace Bundy related right now. He is, with out a doubt, the best guitar player I have ever heard in my entire life. He's insane. He makes Eric Clapton sound like a kid with no hands is trying to play guitar. He makes Eddie Van Halen seem like he's playing in molasses. As for Ygnwie, that one creepy Spanish guy, and and any other guitarist, they suck compared to Trace.

This guy totally blow my mind. I had heard some of his stuff. It was pretty good. There was some bass, a little drum beat, some high keyboard-ish tones now and then...overall good. Then I found out that he actually plays all those parts himself...on an acoustic guitar...and that's about it. He'll beat the side of the drum while he plucks a string, at the same time his doing a run with his other hand. He uses some cool effects and loops to make some sweet sounds and backtracks. Trace even did a song using 5 capos. One capo is pretty normal. Two, okay, different, but not that crazy. But 5! Just seeing his fingers move and how he brings all the sounds together is amazing. He played a bunch of songs from his albums, like "Bristlecone", "Urban Challenge", and "Dueling Ninjas" along with Pachbel's "Canon in D" and "Fur Elise." He also played some medolies of 80's songs and even did a cover of "8 Mile" by Eminem. It was the shizz.

He's a video of his from Google Video of "Pachbel's Canon": http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6206049404850052062&q=%22trace+bundy%22

It's hard to describe what I felt being there last night. Just watching him do his stuff was awe inspiring. I would have never thought that the guitar could be used in the ways he did. Pure magic. Oh, and he's a really cool guy. My friends and I got to the show early so we could get front row seats. Trace was walking around and talking with everyone. He had a stand set up with shirts and stuff, so a friend and I went to look at them. While we were looking, we got to talk to Trace for a little bit. Then I bought an "Acoustic Ninja" shirt. Very b'dass. After the show, he signed my the shirt I bought and draw a sweet guitar. It's awesome.

Unless you can't tell, I really like this guy. He's by far the best guitarist I know of. So go buy his stuff...now.

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome, Sam. I love a good guitar player and there are so few today that can really get down and play. Of course my kind of music is different than yours but a guitar player makes the band no matter what kind of music. See there are some good things about the Academy! Hope you have a good year. Missy and Tera are getting ready to go back to school. MIss had to get a Ipod or something like that this year. It was required. You'd think since it was a requirement that the school would pay for it. Wrong! Have a good week end Sam. Love you. Grandma D

PS: Saw a picture of that awesome car your dad and mom got. You'd think they were working for James Bond or something!

8/12/2006 10:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, So glad you finnally liked someone at the concerts there! I clicked on the web site to listen to this guy,I never knew a guitar could be played like that! Sounded really good too, I agree, he is awesome. Funny too, dad and I went out with some friends to a bar last night and there was this band and the guy on the guitar was doing some pretty amazing stuff too, like playing it with is teeth? and on top of his head? Glad you had a good time. Love MOM

8/12/2006 1:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam, I just took the time to watch the Trace Bundy video. Great! Enjoyed it. I thought it would be one of those loud, doesn't make any sense, video's. But it was cool.

8/13/2006 10:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Everyone...it's been awhile!! How is everybody?

Sam, how's the academy treating ya? Glad to hear you survived the skydiving. Classes start yet? Also I agree with you on Trace Bundy....I've heard his music before. He's pretty amazing.

Trish

8/13/2006 8:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Trish, Good to hear from you! Did you get a bike yet? Sam started school, Aug.10th, he has 20 credit hours! We are headed out there for Parents Weekend over Labor Day, he wants to find a bike then. We are all actually going on a bike tour in the mountains that weekend, thankfully for me and Kevin it is all down hill! Hi Sam,see you soon!

8/14/2006 5:35 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

I validated my Physics 110 class, so now I only have 15 hours this semester (not including PE classes).

8/14/2006 5:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes got a bike....love it!

Trish

8/14/2006 8:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom, what could I get a hotel stay in Sheridan, WY for on the night of August 19.

8/15/2006 12:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam,

When you were talking with Trace Bundy, did you ask him why he plays up on the fret board for some of the notes/songs. If you know, I'd be interested. I'm just wondering what effect that accomplishes instead of picking at the normal area of the guitar. It's cool stuff.

jerems

8/16/2006 1:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, we don't have much in Sheridan. Nothing there but buffalo, antelope, and some big ol' Tetons. Seriously though, I only have a Days Inn there and it is about $100 per night. I could get you a discount off of that though if you wanted that property. Other than that, our rates aren't the guaranteed lowest for the other properties we have that must be booked online.

8/16/2006 5:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Tom, my father and I will have to "Motel 6" it on Saturday. Even their rate is $80/night. Five years ago Buffalo's rate was $40, now it's $70.

8/17/2006 7:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, what are you and Mike going to be doing in Sheridan?

8/17/2006 3:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are heading to Yellowstone.

8/17/2006 3:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Safe travels Mike and Chris, take notes so you can tell us all about it here. Have a good weekend Sam and everyone else. Rach and Josh are off to a Craft Show near St.Louis this weeekend, Harley is spending the weekend with us. We have a funeral and a wedding this weekend, how strange is that? Take care everyone!

8/18/2006 7:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone! It has been a while since I've visited the web log, I've been super busy lately. Josh and I just got back from a craft show in St. Charles. It was a great show and we did really well, yeah! We even had a chance to go to the casino while we were there, Josh and I both won $20.00. Me on the 5 cent slots and Josh at a poker table.

Sam, hope things are going well for you, have you been busy? How are your classes? Talk to you later, love Rach

8/21/2006 8:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey all. I must report that on Sunday I watched "The Illusionist" and I thought it was great. Beautifully shout in a fashion remiscent of silent films, it's about a magician named Eisenheim (Edward Norton) who is in love with royalty (Jessica Biel). Paul Giamatti (from Sideways) was fantastic as a police investigator.

I really loved this movie and can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I can own it.

8/21/2006 11:14 AM

 
Blogger Sam said...

I saw "Snakes on a Plane." It was incredible...quite possiblity the best picture of the year.

8/21/2006 11:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you been brain washed by Samuel L Jackson????

8/21/2006 1:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tired of these M.F.ing snakes on this M.F.ing blog.

8/21/2006 1:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about "badgers on a hovercraft?"

8/21/2006 1:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has anyone got the call about that dang movie yet? I got a random message on my cell phone voicemail that was a recording of Samuel L. Jackson raving about Snakes on a Plane. Over and over again for like 3 or 4 minutes on my phone. I think one of my buddies left it on there, but I had 4 missed calls and wasn't sure which one left it. Then I heard that other people have had the same recording on their phones. This is the first time I have ever heard of this type of advertising. Pretty weird.

8/21/2006 6:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home