...or the Daring Adventures of Daring-Do from the Most Eccentrical Wunderkind der Springfield via Quincy

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Finally Mom Will Stop Complaining About Me Needing To Write Something New

Just kidding Mom. But really, there's not too much going on right now. I pretty much talked to everyone over Christmas about the Academy and what not so there's not much to type about. I did have a great time at home over break though. I spent a lot of time sleeping and eating and hanging out with my friends. Mom and Dad both took time of work to spend to home while I was there. That was pretty cool. And I got to see the old pooch for a while. I'm just glad that she's still alive. I think that somehow Kelly has been able to decrease the effective energy she uses and thereby increases here life expectancy exponetionally. I know that's spelled wrong but I don't care for two reasons...1) I'm too lazy to even use spell check 2) My mother is the wonderful Becky Holbrook, so it's part of my genes 3) Spelling well is for losers. Okay, so that was three things but you get my point. So Kelly is a superdog that will live forever. End of story.

Grandma D...thanks for the quarters. I had a big stack of them waiting for me when I got home. Only 10 more states left, correct?

As some of you may or may not know, my mom has becoming a cooking machine in the past few weeks. Everyone knows how much Mom hates things with multiple steps and too many words. Well, it appears that she's hit her stride. She made some really great dinners while I was home (a nice chowder and this pasta/shrimp awesomeness) and she told me she made a soup this week that was really good. Although Mom has yet to advance to SOLID foods (pasta doesn't count...that's more of a non-Newtonian fluid in my eyes) I still have hope that one day, my loving mother will one day make a feast of multiple steps crafted by her lonesome.

I started school his week. It's alright. The first couple days nothing really happens. There's always the "I'm so-and-so. Now please introduce yourself to the class." I hate doing that. Look people, I don't really care who you are unless I have to talk to you at some point in the class. Other than that, I'd rather just sit in the back being anti-social, get my grade, and get home for a break. That's probably not a good thing, but oh well. Some kids smell like cheese...and not the good kind.



My birthday is Saturday. I'll be 20 years old. That's two decades, 1/5 of a century, a score even! So, since I've been on this Earf (notice it's not Earth...I like to talk like Will Smith) I've learned a thing or two. So here they are:

- Spraying a water hose into your parent's car isn't the best idea, but it's pretty sweet non-the-less

- Landing on the ground in a belly flop from the top of a truck is a bad way to learn about gravity

- No matter what happens, a dog WILL poop in room at some point

- Tucked in shirts are pretty much the coolest way to wear any shirt/pant combo

- If you don't want to finish the rest of your hamburger and your mom won't let you leave the table until you're done, ask if you can eat it on the porch...then through it in a bush and wait a few minutes

- Milk really does do a body good

- Jesus probably had a bowl cut becuase, c'mon, it's legit

- Getting a dollar a week for doing chores is great when all you buy is candy and basketball cards

- A snow shovel is the perfect gift

- Men and women can wear the same slippers...they'll fit

- '89 Honda Accords are the new '65 Ford Mustangs

- Basic Training is really quite compicated

- Spelling is WAY overrated

- It has to be 62* before you can wear shorts

- You have to stay in the tub until your fingers are wrinkley

- Just becuase part of the basement isn't finished doesn't mean it's the "old" part when if fact it was build concurrent to the "new" basement area

- Look behind you before you back out of the garage...and close all the doors

- When your car radio came from an old Chrystler minivan, that's pretty ghetto

- If your sisters try to have you eat dog food, don't

- If they try to dress you up in drag, don't

- Short sleeves and a tie are not cool

- Sippin'...Smokin'...Drinkin'...Tokin'

- It's funnier if two of your aunts are not dipicted in your house in any way

- Becuase I'm a sore loser, winner picks up

- Ninja Turtle bed sheets are still the best when you're 20

- My Little Pony was terrible

- But David the Gnome was straight up kickin' it...especially the one when it showed the architecture of the gnomes house inside the tree

- Thanks to Sesame Street, I don't trust people who live in dumpsters

- No one wants to watch you being born

That's about it. Yeah, that was about two. This should tide you vultures over for a while!!!

145 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YIPPIE! I love to read new blogs,epecially one with my name in it a lot! Thanks for all the complements, (I think), and you are right, spelling is way over rated. Not cooking tonight Sam, having PaPa Murphy pizza, hmmmm. Have a great B-Day weekend, we will call you on Saturday, don't forget to offer paying for yours and Tom's dinner. TTYL. Love MOM

1/11/2007 4:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam, funny stuff, but actually, you were spraying water from a hose into the open windows of our house. And I tried to save the day by going after you and you sprayed me. And remember the time we were practicing baseball in the backyard? My head still hurts from the bat hitting my forehead!

Hope you have a good birthday, do something fun, like finding a comfortable seat and not moving from it ALL Day! Love ya, Rach

1/11/2007 5:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me again, it was fun watching old videos of you kids when you were little, gosh, where did the time go? Remember when you played the wounded Iraqi? hahahahah and when you put a smoke bomb on your bike helmet on July 4th? I think I remember too when you were trying to invent something in your room and had string hanging all over the place, good , fun memories Sam, keep them coming!

1/11/2007 6:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to cold, snowy, Colorado. Guess you might say your back on track again. Have a great birthday! I'll be thinking of you and when I was 20 so very many many many years ago. Sam I was married. Got any news for me in that dept. Thanks for all the nice Christmas stuff. Gramps loves his cap. And thanks for coming to Quincy. I know, like Dave, you know like to travel when you get home, but I sure appreciated it! Your mom does make the best deserts! But when I send her a easy good recipe she tells me it has too many ingredients. Go figure! Good to see a new blog. Looks like you enjoyed your Christmas break. Love you, Grandma

1/11/2007 10:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe my eyes, I either must be dreaming or it is a late Christmas miracle.....Sam has a new, much anticipated blog!!! Wait.....maybe this is another AFA kid named Sam's blog...hmmmmmmmm
Oh well.....

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Sam-U-L
Happy birthday to you!!!!

Have a great birthday weekend and don't study too much!

1/12/2007 12:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Sammy!!! Such a handsome little man!! I hope that comment on the blog wasn't about me or Jill. Good seeing you over x-mas. I think you are right on about kelly...she will live fooorrrevvveerrrr!!! The one memory that sticks out about you is seeing you in the very back of the van, sitting pencil straight. Looking straigh ahead. While your mother,at least 500 ft from you in the driver seat, puts down the street. I don't know how she would get to you if you started choking on candy or something! Happy B-day!
Lovies, Auntie Lynn

1/12/2007 12:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh God. Sam's birthin' video.

Holy moly.

I think I recall wondering through your living room as a youth and many Holbrooks were gathered to watch this video. I realized what was about to happen and darted out of the room.

Whew. Saved myself from what could have been very damaging during my formative years.

Oh. And it's good to be back and see all you folks again...

jermee

1/12/2007 5:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sam! Hope you enjoyed your surprise. I understand it is very very cold there. Here we are having sleet and cold. So all are stuck in. Love you, Grandma D

1/12/2007 9:41 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Hey everyone. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who sent me a card for my birthday. They were great!

In case you didn't know, Mom, Dad, Rachel, and Josh surprised me Friday night by coming out to the Springs for my birthday. It was a great surprise and we had a really fun weekend. Right now they are all driving back to Springfield.

Oh, and the Bears won. That was awesome too!

1/16/2007 1:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam! glad to hear you had a great b-day surprise!! Welcome back to Springfield (i think) Kev, Bec, Rach and Josh! I hope you come back to a houseful of electricity and Kelly! Damn, it's cold!!!!!!!!!!!

1/16/2007 2:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam! We had such a good time in Colorado with you! Wish everyone else could have made it too! We got home a couple hours ago and it seemed like we drove right into an arctic movie set. The trees all have so much ice on them, it looked like a tornado had come though the entire town of springfield and then left thick ice behind. We lost one of our pear trees on the side of our house and we have a couple large branches to pick up in the back yard...Crazy! Luckily we do have warm wonderful electricity, although our cable is out and I'm sad I won't be able to watch the American Idol auditions tonight :(

We had a blast in Colorado, even though the warmest it got was about 20 degrees. We did a lot of stuff outside. We cross country skiied (except for dad who refused to try, what a donny-downer),warmed ourselves by the fire, took nature walks, sat in the hot tub (except for dad and Josh, more donny-downers), visited a wolf sactuary, got massages, and pretty much just relaxed all weekend. It was great! The best part was getting to be with Sam on his birthday, I think he really appreciated it, although we are not invited back next year because he will be 21 and he is going to be krunked! Love ya Sam, see you in March (for real this time!) Rach

PS. Good to see Jeremy back on the blog, we missed you!

1/16/2007 6:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I declare this the TV week of the year.

1) the Bears game was intense
2) the Patriots/Charges game was intense.
3) 4 AMAZING hours of Jack Bauer
4) and a few hours of the good parts of American Idol---the crazies.

Oh. And happy belated b-day Sam!

1/17/2007 10:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And those were the best 4 hours of 24 EVER!!! They could make a movie, video game, bumper sticker, thermos, lunch box, action figure, and cell phone all 24 and I would own them all!!! Could you believe who was President??? That show is so incredibly awesome to the Eleventy-Billionth power!!

1/17/2007 1:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam,
Happy Belated Birthday! It is hard to believe that you and Tera are 20 year olds!!! Where has the time gone? Like your mother I have enjoyed looking at movies from way back...you are in many of them...I also have so many cute pictures. I am sorry I did not give you my birthday wish phone call; but I knew you were busy with your surprise visitors.

Have a great semester!
Love ya,
Aunt Terry

1/17/2007 1:47 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Was I the only person in the family that DIDN'T know everyone was coming???

Oh well.

I do agree with Jeremy that this was by far one of the best TV weeks ever. The only one that could possibly come close was this last summer when the NBA Finals, NHL Finals, and the World Cup were all going on. Pretty much 24-7 sports.

Chris and Kesi should name their son "Jack Bauer Holbrook." No one would ever mess with a name like that. I was pretty close to soiling myself after watching Monday's "hours". It's like cocaine...but you don't get the white stuff all over your nose.

1/17/2007 2:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam even I knew your family was going to visit during your birthday and we don't even live anywhere close to anyone else.
Josh informed us over Christmas that he and Rachel are going to name their child "Jack Bauer Baird" which flows better.
Oh yeah, happy birthday, next year will be much better though!
Kesi

1/17/2007 7:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Kesi! Our first boys name will be Neo and the first girl will be Trinity (from the Matrix)!!! I think we should start callin Nikki's baby "Jack Bauer" because he's halfway there anyway...

1/17/2007 8:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of Jack Bauer, Josh, Mom, Dad and I just watched the last two episodes...I can see why Sam soiled himself...that was friggin' awesome...

1/17/2007 8:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen this "24" show. Is it about beating the shot clock in the NBA? I've always wondered: why 24? Why not 25? Oh well.

Does anyone watch the NBA before its All-Star break?

1/18/2007 7:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on Chris, 24 hours in a day, each episode is one hour of Jack Bauer's Day...

1/18/2007 8:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi All, Finnally I get to post a comment, we have been without internet since our power went off last Friday while we were in beautiful colorado! Anyway, I am at Sarah's using her computer, funny she has no cable, but we have cable? We had a most fantastic time in Colorado, pure white pretty snow as far as the eye could see up in the mountains where we stayed, I was a bit bored watching football all day on Saturday though, but it was fun to watch "24" with Sam, Chris, I can't believe you don't watch this. Jeremy, good to have you back! And to Sarah, thank you so much for filling our tubs with hot water, putting our food on the deck to save it, and for taking care of Kelly, and thanks for having dinner ready for us when we got home, it was yummy! Sam I enjoyed so much surprising you once again, but probably the last surprise, we will come out for Parents Weekend and pick another long weekend to come out in the year, I must say though it was awesome to see colorado in the winter, but think I will stick to warmer weather.

1/18/2007 2:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will do Sarah. I didn't this either so will check it out.

1/22/2007 9:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am dying. Please pray for my soul.

1/22/2007 2:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is that?

1/22/2007 8:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sammy! Sarah and Tom this is for you, If i charge a hotel room now will it come off of my card now or when we check in?

1/27/2007 8:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynn, use your card for reservations, then it should come off when you check out. At least this is what I've found out doing this. They shouldn't charge you for reservations.

1/27/2007 10:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, Darlene! I wasn't sure how to do this either! Hey everybody out in Blogland.......where are you staying? I am pretty sure I am going to book at the Country Hearth Inn.........pool, hot breakfast, I may never leave........

1/27/2007 10:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Darlene, I tried to schmooz my way into Sarah's home for the weekend. I guess it didn't work.HA!

1/27/2007 11:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you'd like that, Lynn, she is going to be uptight, and you wouldn't want to be around that all the time. I was offer to stay at Kev's and Bec's and said no to that also. I'll just get a motel room and room with Debbie who tells me she snores. That should be fun. lol

1/28/2007 11:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynn, if you bring your dogs you can stay with me!!!

1/28/2007 12:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Rach! That sounds great! I am bringing Rufie!!!!! You won't even know he is there........

1/29/2007 8:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes Darlene, I was teasing Sarah when I said that but she said I could bring an air mattress! hahaha
That week is going to be so hectic for them.

Thanks for the invite for the dogs Rach. They are still such psyco's! I think i'll ask Rod's sister Vickie to baby sit.
Hi Sammy!!! Thanks for the vote!

1/29/2007 8:37 AM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Hey, I don't even think I have a place to stay for the wedding. I think I have to get a motel room too... Thanks Mom and Dad!!!

1/29/2007 11:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynn, you should have submitted your Christmas card. I think that would have won easily.

1/29/2007 11:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correction, I have used an apostrophe incorrectly in my last memo.
Sammy, I will bring a couple of tents. Maybe we can find a backyard!

Chris, I think I was allowed only two smoochable pooches per household. That would have been a good one!!
Back to the Valentine doggie treats! bu bye!

1/29/2007 12:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rufus is invited, but only if he brings his own food! Also, I think I missed something...what are we voting on? Cutest dogs? Have you guys seen Harley? He is the cutest doggie in the world! (or at least MY world). Where do I vote?

1/29/2007 2:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam, if Granny stays with us you will have to get a motel room!! Hey, I am sure Pat will put ya up! I am pretty sure you won't want to be around all the estergeon!. Trisha is coming to stay with us for 10 weeks starting the end of May,she will be working at St.Johns Hospital, so besides her, Julie and Sarah here, what do you think?

1/29/2007 5:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam, remember to be nice with your response!

1/29/2007 5:03 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Wow, that is a lot of fem-ness going on. I'll have to sleep in a cigar store that attached to a liqour store, a strip club, Bass Pro, chainsaws, and a gun shop while reading books about snipers and killing baby seals to keep my manliness levels around normal.

[insert "Home Improvement" man grunt]

1/29/2007 5:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Granny is staying in a motel!

1/29/2007 9:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rach, If you would read your email once in a while you would know what the voting was! ha! I entered Clairese in the most smoochable pooch contest for Kibbles and Bits. If I win I am going to donate all the foog to the Humane Society. So Vote.vote,vote!!!

1/30/2007 7:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Lynn, you are so generous! I would keep all of the foog myself. In fact, Rufie would eat all of the foog in one sitting. What kind of foog do your dogs eat? I LOVE TO EAT FOOG!!!!!!! Yummy!

1/30/2007 7:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

an not and

1/30/2007 7:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynn, I didn't get an e-mail from you...in fact Jill is the only aunt who e-mails me on a regular basis...maybe I should talk to dad about taking Lynn's picture off "the wall"...

1/30/2007 9:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Rachel, I wish I had nothing to do all day like sweet Aunt Jill does. Then I would be writing all the time. PLEASE don't take me off the wall!!!!!!Anyways I sent the email to the sbcglobal address. I don't think I sent it to the hot mail one. If there is a new address that you wish to be reached at please advise. When I do email you you never write back.hhmmmmm your mom and sister seem to be able to hhmmmmm oh well....hhhmmmm.........
hugs and kisses and smooches
Oh and don't forget to vote!
HI! SAMMY!

1/30/2007 11:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam, dad might want to join you! so reserve a bed for him too! Lynn, Kelly does not handle the foog from Kibbles and Bits very well, so Jill you might think twice about Rufus eating the foog from Lynn!

1/30/2007 4:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Becs! Thanks for the tip on the dog foog. I would hate for any foog to upset Rufie's delicate belly. I will just keep feeding him the foog I already do. Thanks again!

1/30/2007 4:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope u don't choke on your foog tinoght

1/30/2007 4:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becs, can you believe Lynn wants us to choke on our foog tinoght? How reude is that???!!!! What is she so angry for? I would remove her from the wall, also. Hey Rach......Rufie ate the last three pages of that craft show book. When you have time could you PLEASE copy the last 3 pages for me? You don't have to do it tinoght, but just whenever you have the chance. The big horse had to eat the most important pages!!! Well everyone out in Sam'sblogland, I'll will end my note for tinoght.

1/30/2007 4:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahah, to funny, glad someone else in this family can not spell, hope you all have a good night tinoght!

1/31/2007 7:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Lynn, probably the best e-mail address to use is... mrsbaird02@gmail.com
I don't have a hotmail account...

1/31/2007 7:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Mrs Baird! I will add that to my list.
Don't forget to vote! www.smoochablepooch.com
go under state and She is on the last or second to last page.

HI SAMMY!

1/31/2007 1:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a lame picture Lynn.
Where are the funny ones - Maybe a picture of one of the the pooches cooling off in a wash bucket? (Or Clarise crapping on your bed)

1/31/2007 2:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a VERY CUTE pic!!! Dogs in water buckets are not smoochable. Clairese has never pooed in the bed. She is all sweetness and sunshine. So there ha!
HI SAMMY!
vote,vote,vote!

1/31/2007 3:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least put a hat on her.

Maybe Rod shoving her head into a pillow?

1/31/2007 3:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

or smooshing her head into the ground?

HI SAMMY!

2/01/2007 6:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy almost Super Bowl Party Day!
Oh I', not supposed to say Super Bowl, It's copy writed! I'm getting ready to make hot wings and calzones tomorrow. Never did calzone before. I'm sure after a few beer have been downed no one will care hahahaha! Peggy asked why she wasn't invited and I told her it was because her sister never shows up, so she has to have her own little party. Sammy you are invited. I KNOW you will fly over for the event. Happy SBP day everyone!
HI SAMMY!!

2/03/2007 7:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's up and working.

2/06/2007 9:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeee Haaa! Or as lauren says "Ya Haa"!!! Sam's blog is up and running again! I was starting to go through withdrawl! Ok people, start writing.......I'm very bored here at home. Thanks Sam!!

2/07/2007 7:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill-did you say it was the last three pages that Rufus ate? I also have a few stencils I'm going to send along too. I added one I thought was funny too, I sell alot of funny ones...Rach

2/07/2007 7:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Everyone , I sure you are waiting with baited breath regarding my jury duty story! Ok, first off let me tell you I was thrilled to be doing this, I feel it is my duty as a citizen of the United States to do jury duty. And, I want to be a Lawyer now! I do have a few years experience of watching Boston Legal!

I was a bit scared to go to the court house,I had to walk though one of those things like you do at the airport, and some guy had me stand on these yellow foot prints,( I thought of Sam) then he took a wand all over me, up and down. My purse had to go on this belt to be checked too. So I get a pass and go to the Jury Room where tons of other good citizens are ready to do their duty, but the guy in charge I thought was not very good at his job, no sign to tell me what to do next, I had to ask a fellow good citizen if we were supposed to check in? So yes, I had to go check in, good thing, I have heard they come and tar and feather you if you don't show up!!

Ok, so after 45 min. waiting and waiting the guy who is in charge fiannlay calls out names and we were to line up by this door, all except about a dozen who was kept sitting, not sure what happened to these people but we never did see them again?

Ok, so the guy leads the way up these cold stairways, 3 flights! I feel bad for this old guy up ahead, he is breathing hard, stupid guy in charge failed to tell him he could take the elevator! This guy should be fired!

Anyway, as we walked into the courtroom they call off your name, I saw all these eyes looking at me, now I know they were seeing if they recongnized me. When we were all seated they asked if any of us recongnized them, none of us had. We went row by row telling our name, married or not, children and how old and where you and your husband worked. Then each lawyer on each side took turns asking questions if anything pertained to you , you were supposed to raise your hand, state your name and then talk. THe only time I had to raise my hand was when asked if anyone had been on unemployment, which I had. It was a very long process, we were sitting there for about 2 hours, thirsty I was, but thank GOD, didn't have to go to the bathroom. Several people spoke up when asked if this jury duty was a hard ship on the,one guy tried to get out of the duty cause he said he had a weak bladder, funny, he never once raised his hand to go pee.

Anyway, we did get to break for lunch, I was lucky to have a friend that works nearby so she picked me up and I had lunch with her. We were due back by 1:30, one guy did not come back,last I heared he was tard and feathered. ANyway, it was just about a hour 1/2 longer then we were released to the jury room yet again to wait on their decisions, The judge came in to give the list of names who was on the jury, my name was not called, I felt rejected! Oh well, I did enjoy the process and hope to be summond again sometime. Oh, and I think the case had something to do with this girl being pregnant, getting fired and someone forging a name on a document? Someone thought that maybe I didn't get chosen because I had been on unemployment?

2/07/2007 3:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, I just wrote this huge blog about my experience being a almost ont he jury, dang, anyway, after a long day I did not get chosen, I was a bit dissappointed too! This was the first time I have ever been a court room/chambers, I thought the whole process was interesting, maybe next time I will get picked!

2/07/2007 3:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aunt Beckaronilicious,

I have the cure to the bane of your blogging existence. If you use Firefox instead of the personal information distributer (Internet Explorer), there is an add-on called "United States English Dictionary" that will spell check your blog posts.

I use it for anything I write on the "interweb."

2/07/2007 3:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rach! Yes, Rufus ate the last three pages of the booklet....the most important pages! ha ha ha!! Thank you so much for copying those for me, I will pay you dearly, probably in dog treats! Also, thanks for the stencils....I can't wait to see them! One thousand thank you's!!!!!!!!!

2/08/2007 6:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, don't you know, spelling is over rated!! Besides, what word did you not know what I was talking about? Where has Kesi and Jeremy been? Have not seen a post from them forever! Kevin will be happy with me, I don't have to go into work till 10am today, so supper is ready to shove in the oven!! Have a great day everyone!

2/08/2007 7:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been enjoying the negative temperatures in SD and looking forward to a trip to Kansas City this weekend and Chicago the next. Officially 6 months pregnant today, which means the start of the third trimester. Pretty exciting!

2/08/2007 9:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing specifically, Aunt Becky, I just found this add-on for Firefox and remembered that you asked Sam if one existed for the blog.

Sorry Mrs. Marcks, I don't use IE. I could be wrong, but I doubt this feature (spell check) exists for IE.

I implore everyone to stop using Internet Explorer. There is a program called Ad-Aware that will show you just how infected your computer becomes when using IE. Just Google "Internet Explorer unsafe" to see how bad it is.

Download Ad-Aware and clean up your computer. Then, download Firefox or Opera. I have run test confirming the poor security of IE by comparing the amount of Spyware and Adware that finds its way onto my computer. Over the course of just one month IE allowed 76 pieces of Spyware/Adware, whereas Firefox and Opera allowed ZERO. I am not saying Firefox and Opera are completely safe, but they are hands down better than IE.

Any respectable IT employee will confirm my findings.

I'm sure anyone in Springfield wishing to switch can get help from Josh. I think he has switched.

If anyone does want to switch, I can answer many troubleshooting questions. If you download Ad-Aware (which everyone should have anyway), let me know. I've learned from experience to be careful when deleting certain objects.

2/08/2007 9:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm married to a nerd who spends his free time "researching" computer problems. I know Josh knows computers but I don't see Josh getting as excited about Firefox, Opera or MacIntosh computers. Tell us the truth Rachel. However, because of Chris' researching capabilities we are doing some different things concerning the life of Rush.

2/08/2007 10:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. Marcks, there are a couple of "spell check" plugins for Internet Explorer. They are called ieSpell and JSpell.

I feel like I just tried to polish a turd (IE is one big turd).

2/08/2007 2:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh spends so much of his life connected to a computer it feels like I'm married to two people! He recently "connected" all the computers in the house (yes I said ALL, I think we have 5 or 6) so they share info. He also recently put a laptop in our kitchen, which I actually like. Usually he tries to explain the logistics of everything and it pretty much goes in one ear and out the other...

Enough computer talk! BORING!! Kesi, tell us about what is going on with the baby...have you gotten a room ready for him yet? I'm guessing sports theme, but there is always the possibility of "civil war battlefield" from Chris...

2/08/2007 3:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel, if you download Skype we can video conference for free. That way you could see the room for yourself.

Dittos to anyone else Skype, Skype, Skype, Skype, Sk. . .

2/08/2007 4:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opra, Chirs has talked with Opra!!

2/08/2007 5:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, I'll ask Josh about Skype...I've never heard of it and I've never downloaded anything in my life...I'm not a computer savy girl!

2/08/2007 9:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris, thanks for the tip on AD-Aware. That is some good stuff there...like an ointment to a flesh wound, man. I found 200 cookies on my machine when I ran that software, all from (you guessed it) Internet Explorer 7. I always used Spy-subtract before b/c it came with my machine but it works about as well as a rotary cell phone in a rainstorm...(I don't really know what I meant by that but it sounded funny and I just made it up...he he.) So yeah, go and download that program b/c it works great! Damn Chris, we should see this friggin' thing as much as we are promoting it. Just don't do the Google CRAP pack that that they try to shove down your throat when you are downloading it on download.com b/c you don't need all of that stuff. Google is great and all, but sometimes I like to use the internet for long durations of time and see how long I can go without using Google. I think my longest was like 30 seconds or something. Google isn't just a search engine, it is now a way of life. I am waiting for a baby to be born somewhere in Silicon Valley where the very first word that comes out of his mouth is GOOGLE.

2/08/2007 10:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, a little typo there...I meant to say sell, not see. We really should sell it Chris.

2/08/2007 10:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Ad-Aware is the 8ghz digital phone of Spyware/Adware. (In keeping with your analogy) 200 is not surprising. My parents computer slowed down because of that crap.

Did you pay attention to what kinds of malware you had? Next time, look up some of the names. I immediately put Firefox and Opera on my parents computer when I read such things as: "This piece of spyware SEARCHES your computer looking for account numbers," and "This piece TRACKS your surfing habits." But the worst are the browser hijacks that occur. Tom, did you have any hijacks or hijack attempts?

It would be really interesting to see who has the worst computer. My parents had 211 pieces. One of the cleanest computers I've seen was Lynn's. They only had 70+ pieces of malware over a few years.

Get Firefox or Opera, lest you find your homepage reset to some bestiality website.

Tom/Sam, If want something really cool, and I mean REALLY cool (Like JACK BAUER cool), check out Torpark. I keep this on a flash drive to use on public computers (they only have a Windows version). I feel like undercover spy every time I use this magnificent piece of art.

2/09/2007 6:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, it is just not right you are up at 6:00 in the morning...

2/09/2007 7:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wrote that post at 7:00 this morning (Kesi and I are still in the central time zone).

But, I was up at six to make breakfast.

2/09/2007 7:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin would love Firefox. There is an add-on called "CSNotifier" that tells the user what the political leanings are of the website visited. For example, if one did not want to buy something from a company that supports abortion, CSNotifier will "notify" the user with a little pop-up warning. (The pop-up is within the window)

PS, Skype would be great for video conferencing with Sam.

2/09/2007 8:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giddy up. . .

Uncle Kevin and Aunt Beckaronilicious will be surfing in style.

I'm really interested to see how much malware is on your system. Ad-Aware makes this computer-style vomit noise when it finds the bad stuff. When I run it on our office PCs, the whole place sounds like the computers are throwing-up.

2/09/2007 12:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting article...Sam, I hope you are being a good boy....J/K. I know you are, but this is kind of a funny article that shows what you boys are really doing up there in the big snowy hills of Colorado! He He!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17037305/

2/09/2007 10:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding Tom's blog and the article by MSN. Sam is not very happy right now, he did have to stay on campus this whole weekend, but the guys who did the cheating,(football players) were able to leave to attend a Football Banquet at the elite Broadmoor Holtel in The Springs. Not fair!! The accused are all 4*, (freshmen) and all football players, always thought football players were dumb!

2/11/2007 1:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam, your bed is still very comfortable. Thanks. And everyone should get Kev make some French Toast! Hmmmmm He taught me a thing or two. We had a great, fun time. Bec & Kev are the Host and Hostess with the mostest! Love you both. Shhh I still didn't see Jill and Lynn's picture up! Yeah!!!!!! I just figured out how to do spell check on this. Funny I've had it all the time and didn't know it until Chris said something. Senior Moments Senior Moments.

2/11/2007 7:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Grandma D...is the "Yeah!!" for me and Lynn's picture not being up or for the spell check?! Ha Ha !! Just joking! I bet you all had a great time in Springfield, the bridesmaid's dresses are so pretty! I can't wait to see them in real life. Oh, and I've never had Kev's french toast, but he did pour me a killer bowl of bran flakes once........

2/12/2007 8:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rach
To answer your post from awhile ago. Yes, the room is ready and it's not a sports theme. Although we do have a multitude of onesies with sports themes nothing all the walls or anything that would say Sports. The bedding is baby Looney Tunes. The car seat and stroller are a light gray color with lime green accents. The crib, dresser and glider chair are all cherry wood. The playyard we want is light gray with orange accents. (We started out wanting orange and green stuff for the room) Now that we know it's a boy, there is a lot of blue onesies and we have a lot of red as well. I'm actually getting tired of all the blue and would like more green stuff. I think the only "big" things we have left to purchase are the playyard and a breast pump. Other than that I believe we have all the major purchases already. I imagine we'll buy those two things in the next month. (We've tried to spread out our major purchases) We have another ultrasound again next month and I'm going to ask about recording it and stuff so Chris can post it for all to see. Chris and I are visiting Jeremy this coming weekend and are excited to see him. Today is his 29th birthday!!! Anyway, I'll keep you updated on baby stuff. Talk to you later,
Kesi

2/12/2007 9:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill, the "yeah" is for finding out how to check my spelling on blogs,etc. Bec, inherited my problem of spelling. lol it is so neat how you do this. Check for wrong spelling, that is.

2/12/2007 11:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I knew we wouldn't get on the wall. And as for kevin cooking for us. The morning we left for Quincy I had to eat my leftovers from the night before. Hmm I think there is a favorite thing going on here.
Happy B-day Jerms!!
Hi SAMMY!

2/12/2007 3:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahah, ok, first off Lynn and Jill, you are on the wall, my mom did not go downstairs all weekend so she would not know, and second, if you make a from scratch angel food cake for us and use 12 egg whites then Kevin will not want to waste the yolks and make you french toast for you too! Kesi, you are good! sounds like you have everything you need for the baby! you know it might be a good year before you need the outside play stuff. Happy Birthday Jeremy! and yes, 2 hours of "24" tonight!!

2/12/2007 3:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beckaronilicious,
Your daughter is right that a playyard is a playpen. Ours that we want has a bassinet in it so we can take it to Quincy or Springfield with us and not have to worry about anyone having a baby bed. However it is a possibility that our child will be riding the unicycle before he's a month old!
Kesi

2/13/2007 7:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I ask for is that you let me heat up the leftovers from the resturant the nite before. Is that so much to ask?????

HI SAMMY!!!

2/13/2007 8:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day to all of you Holbrooks (even Kevin) and Marcks out in Blogsville! May everyone get everything they want! I am making myself cupcakes.

Oh, Kev, me and Lynn will not be visiting again. It so cold, dark, and scary sleeping in the "old" part of your basement.

Hey Sam! What's going on? Snowed in here, no school tomorrow too. Yee Ha. Notice the lack of joy in my Yee Ha. Lost power for a few hours today and Bryson says "Mom, are you going to have to cook over a fireplace like you did when you were little?" Nice. He'll be lucky if I ever cook for him again. Don't report me again, Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/13/2007 4:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin, do we have plans to go to Quincy in March? Jilly, you are lucky power only went out for 3 hours! Ask Sarah about this, we were lucky enough to be in Colorado when our power went out here for 3 days! Some people lost power for up to 13 days. Oh and I had no idea that they called playpins, play yard? That sounds like it should be outside? Oh and Happy Valentines to you too Jill, send me a cup cake PLEASE! Hi Sam, Happy Valentine to you!

2/13/2007 4:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jilly...Is Bryson remembering his early years living down by the river in a tent? I can't believe he remembers you cooking hotdogs on a stick over a burn barrel...What a long memory....

2/13/2007 8:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY VALENTINE TO ALL THE BLOGGERS OUT THERE!

2/14/2007 7:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All right, who was that...Sam, Jerm, or Kev??????I think it was one of you. We did not live in a tent, it was a lean-two (is that spelled right?)

Happy Valentines day to everyone! Me and Brian feel Valentines day was created by Halmark to tide people over from Christmas to Easter with ard purchases. We on the other hand, wrote each other love letters. Top that!!!!!!!!

Hey Becs, do you have to communicate with Kev on the blog? Ha Ha ha Ha !! Just kidding. By the way, Kev has probably remembered Valentines day because I sent him a "nice" e mail card.

Happy Anniversary Mike and Sue!!!!!

2/14/2007 7:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My father is a genius. Pure genius.

2/14/2007 8:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only does Bryson remember cooking expired hot dogs over a burning trash barrel. I love the story where he was trying to top a kid at school and Bryson's comeback was, "Yeah, well we used to live in a trailer!" That was the best story ever. Happy V-Day to all and to all a good night!

2/14/2007 8:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY VALINTINES DAY TO ALL! I made Mark some eggs and toast. All shaped like hearts. Did he notice? NO We were engaged 56 years ago today. Did he remember? NO Go figure a man!

2/14/2007 10:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kesi...when we drive past our old trailer Bryson always cries. No lie. Brian tells him that if he gets good grades in school, one day he can have a trailer of his own, too.

2/14/2007 11:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoot for the stars Bryson!!!

2/14/2007 1:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill, I hope Rod gets me a ard. I love to get ards!!! And while all of you are with your sweeties, I am at home alone snuggling with my babies. Getting lots of doggie kisses.
HI SAMMY!

2/14/2007 1:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of anniversaries, I haven't had a soda in over eleven years (Jan 1996). Er "pop", as they call it here in South Dakotee.

It's cold: currently 2 F.

2/14/2007 2:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris.....the only thing shooting through my veins besides meth is Diet Coke. Also why is Mikey a genius?

Lynn....No more ards for you!! Ok, I deserved that. I was waiting.

Kev....thanks for letting me and Lynn stay at your house again. Why let a little poo poo get in between two sisters and a brother? You are an amazing, thoughtful, and forgiving man.

Grandma D....congrats on the 56 years! Brian has pretty much forgot everyone of our anniversaries and I think it is funny!

Sammmmmmmy, are you still with us?

2/14/2007 3:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike is a genius because he got married on Valentine's Day, therefore pretty much impossible to forget and you only have to purchase one present for two different events.

I haven't had a soda in 4 years and a beer in 8 months.

Chris' thermometer is wrong, mine says 3. It's supposed to be -6 tonight. Sounds like a good night of staying in!

2/14/2007 3:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knocking out two obligatory "gift" days on one. And, it has to be the easiest day to remember.

Hmmm, super genius!

2/14/2007 3:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We use the same thermometer! Mine reads 3 (now) too.

2/14/2007 3:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev, You are correct. It does not matter to me or Jill Ha!In my mind I have only 3 brothers and that one slow and odd cousin that lives in Spngfld Mo. I think we'll stick to motels. at least THEY welcome us with open arms and they don't mind when we leave poo preseant behind.

2/14/2007 4:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI SAMMY!

2/14/2007 4:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI SAMMY!

2/14/2007 4:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynn, who is the cousin that lives in Spfld MO? Tom should not forget his anniverary ever either! 7/07/07 at 7pm!!

2/14/2007 4:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bec, Kev is the slow cousin.

2/15/2007 8:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Dad is married to a "slow cousin" too. Mom...I'm ashamed...

Josh and I had a lovely Valentines day. We watched our wedding video. Note to all Holbrook's...your wedding advice leaves much to be desired. Here are some of my favorites...

Uncle Dennis: "wear clean underwear"

Niki: "uuuummmmmm"...

Jeremy: "Always...I mean never....no wait always..."

Jill: "As you ramble on through life, whatever be your goal, look upon the donut, and not upon the hole"

Brian: "Josh, remember you have kahonies"

Sam: "Don't come over to moms and eat all our food"

Chris: "uuuummmmm"...

Dennis(Again): "Always...I mean never....no wait...how did that do again"

Although the advice wasn't the best...it was seriously funny to watch people and their "deer in the headlight" look. Lets hope we all have better advice for Sarah/Tom and Jerrod/Katie.

Sam where the heck are you! For the love of God please write a new blog!
Lovies, Rach

2/15/2007 9:55 AM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Seriously, stop eating all of Mom's food. There's never anything there when I get home.

Not much is going on here, so I really don't have anything to write about. I haven't seen any terrible movies or done anything too exciting. Oh well. I'll try to think of something this weekend

2/15/2007 10:01 AM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Seriously, stop eating all of Mom's food. There's never anything there when I get home.

Not much is going on here, so I really don't have anything to write about. I haven't seen any terrible movies or done anything too exciting. Oh well. I'll try to think of something this weekend.

Plus, I think there's some good conversing going on and I don't want to kill it.

2/15/2007 10:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared/Katie. It seems the spelling is hereditary Rach! Just kidding! Jill's advice from your wedding was Brian's advice at ours. Geez, Grists' although it's funny let's think of some new material before this summer.

2/15/2007 11:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill and Brian have no new material because they have no base.

HI SAMMY!!

2/15/2007 2:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynn, we all know that you are anonymous because at the end of your last 20 posts you write, HI SAMMY!

2/15/2007 2:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and she used the word "base."

2/15/2007 3:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, I stil don't understand, why would Lynn call Kevin the slow cousin, Kevin is her brother?? And Sam the reason there is no food here is cause your sisters come and take it, dad and I are starving!! Oh and Mom (Darlene) tell us how you did the spell check on here.

2/15/2007 3:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kesi, It was not me. I was out of town at the time. Chris, YOU have no base. Oh Bec,Bec,Bec. Kevin is dead to me. I have only three male siblings. Until he changes his tune and starts treating us as the queens we are, I will have to wash my hands of him.

HI SAMMY!!!

2/15/2007 4:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right Chris and Kesi, I knew it was Lynn too because of the HI SAMMY! and the use of the word "base". Everyone who has any sense of coolness knows that word is so lame.

OK, critical South Dakotians......how about this one.."As you ramble through life whatever be your goal, look inside at the pie filling and not at the burnt crust." Is that better??!!! Geeze. Take that, Rach!! I think it was good advice, I try to live my life by it.

Also, I want everyone to know that Kev has redeemed himself. He has apologized through a beautiful Valentine he wrote for me. I would share it with all of you, but it is just too personal. Beautiful, and personal. You are forgiven for the wall,making me and Lynn sleep in your junk room, and for making us deficate outside. However, you do have the most beautiful, luscious lawn in the neighborhood, thanks to us. You are welcome.

HI SAMMY! THIS IS JILL! NOT ANONYMOUS LYNN!

2/15/2007 4:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kesi-
Names don't count for miss-spellings...Everyone spells their name differently. People always spell my name wrong, even my godmother and aunt (Peggy that is you!) she always adds an extra "a", whats up with that?

Also Sam...mom has no food because she doesn't buy anything good...unless you are on your way home. By the way mom, Josh and I haven't been invited over for dinner in a long time! I want lasagna and garlic bread and a chocolate cake. Love Rach

2/15/2007 4:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachael,
I'll give you a free pass for misspelling Jared's name because of all the parents that spell their kids names weird. Look at mine! Whenever someone ask Chris how to spell his name his response is, "The correct way!" I on the other hand don't even bother spelling my name for people anymore because it just confuses them. I want to know how an aunt and supposed godmother can misspell your name! Geez! Gosh! HI SAMMY!

2/15/2007 6:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Casey,
Well, Peggy is my mom's sister...that should explain most of it...

2/15/2007 9:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess we could spell Rush R-U-S-C-H. Even with a name like Rush I'm sure he'll be asked, "How do you spell that?" Chris' name could be Kristofer. That would be retarded! Anyway, we're leaving to go visit Germy. Have a good weekend everyone!

2/16/2007 7:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi All, Hey, I am looking for some good movie rentals for these cold nights. Can anyone give me a review on "Crank" and "The Marine" thanks!

Hi Sam!! have a good weekend!

2/16/2007 2:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill, beautiful front yard? Don't you remember you had to ice skate to and from your car!

Oh and back to when talking about Mike being a genius for getting married on valentine's day, I think it was Sue who is the genius, I am sure she is the one that picked the date, good thinking Sue!

2/16/2007 2:27 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Mom, "Crank" is possible the worst movie ever made. I'd rather watch "The Da Vinci Code" over and over for a week than see "Crank." Yeah, it's that bad.

I haven't seen "The Marine", but it's made by the same people we brought us the powerbomb, the chokeslam, and The People's Eyebrow. So, terrible.

2/16/2007 2:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom, you need to download "the secret", and then use it to attract only good movies

2/16/2007 3:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Sam, thanks for the movie review, as it turned out I got a feel good movie and a comedy, let me think the name of it is:................ oh it is "Glory Road" and then I also picked up" You, Me and Dupree", oh and Kevin and I watched "The Illuisnist" valentine night,(sp?), recomended by Jeremy some time ago, it was very good.

2/16/2007 5:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rach, is there a book about this"secret", I need it, I want it, I must have it, and have no negativity in your life, everyone is wonderful and beatuiful, is this how it goes Rach? I see a fence, I want a fence, I must have a fence, I am getting a fence!! YEAH!!

2/16/2007 5:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Marine" was ok but very bloody and violent. Younger generation may like it, but Bec don't think you would.

2/17/2007 8:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Marine" also had very bad story line and poor acting.

2/17/2007 8:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam we do, we do do do, we surely do, need a new blog on here. I'm worn out by the time I get to end of messages. Just a hello, goodbye, would do. How are you Sam?
Bec, you've been watching Oprah and The Secret.

2/17/2007 8:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mom, I have not been watchin the "Secret" but Rachel is keeping me informed, we are getting bids for a fence and yes a hand rail for front steps!! YEAH! I think it, I wish it, I want it!! think I am going to get it!!
Mom, how do you spell check on here?
Hi Sam, HOpe you are enjoying your long weekend! Love MOM

2/18/2007 3:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK Sam, I have an idea. Why not let Sarah and Tom be guest bloggers for you blog. They can tell us all about their upcoming nuptual plans, and let us vote on what we would like to be fed at the reception, stuff like that.(Just kidding, but not really). Come on Sam, our old fingers are starting to get very tired..............help your loving family!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

2/19/2007 5:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You spell bad? Not me, I have spell check now! Thanks MOM!

2/19/2007 7:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone, In Sam's defence he has not had access to a computer this weekend, we I have not gotten one e-mail from him this long weekend for him, and he says there is nothing going on to blog about there. But I do agree with Jill, let us know out there what you would like to eat at reception, we might consider it! We are going to pick out the cake tonight, hmmmmm, hope they have samples! Have a Fat Tuesday everyone, hey, here is a topic, what is everyone giving up for Lent? Hi Sam!

2/20/2007 7:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

darn, I forgot to use my new spell check on last blog!!!!

2/20/2007 7:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris and Kesi, how was Germs this weekend? Do anything really fun?

We'll miss you at the fish fry this friday.

HI SAMMY!

2/20/2007 10:35 AM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Okay, I'll allow it. Tom-arah can write a new blog. Just email it to my hotmail account and I'll post it.

In other news, today is the worst day in the history of mankind. That she-devil that writes the "For Better or Worse" cartoon is still going to make them. She was supposed to quite in September, but her satanic demons have kept her rotting corpse of a hand going. She was supposed to stop because of "waah waah waah, my comics suck, Jesus hates me, I'm the devil." That's a direct qoute. But now she's gotten some Robo-cop like life support that keeps her pissing me off for another few years.

I pray each night she gets hit by a train.

2/20/2007 3:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Jill, I drank, smoked (Camaroon cigar), ate Thai, and made "Grandma" spaghetti.

2/20/2007 5:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam you hush! I like "for better of for worse"...you just don't understand it because you are anti-family/fun.

Just got back from Sarah's cake meeting. Excellent! You Quincy fools are going to be blown away by cake fantasticness.

Jill, have you tried those stencils yet? I haven't been working too hard lately...someone needs to put a fire under my butt! I can't believe it is almost march, only 6 months til my next show!!!

Rach

2/20/2007 7:29 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Rach-

The reason I don't like "For Better or Worse" is because I'm a guy. Find me a single red blooded American man that actually likes the dribble.

It's not the only cartoon I don't like though.

Garfield...we know, you like to sleep, you're fat, and Odie is your nemsis. No one cares. Please get run over.

Charlie Brown...why haven't you commited suicide yet?

Hagar...just kidding. Hagar's legit.

I don't know the name, but that one that was like a soap opera or something...people who would be interested in this terrible comic can't read.

There should be a Jack Bauer comic...except it wouldn't be funny "ha-ha", it'd be funny "oh my gosh, Jack just shot that guy in the eye for spilling his coffee."

2/20/2007 7:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like "For Better or Worse" either! but for me I don't like it cause they are so darn long! I just have so much time in the morning, my favs are "Zits", so reminds of Sam's teen years, and I also like "Baby Blues"

2/21/2007 2:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home