Don't Bother Me
I was planning on doing a new post about my trip to Vegas, but then the NCAA Tournament came on. Being the red-blooded, pinko-Communist hatin', lady-lovin', Glider pilot that I am, I'll be watching basketball and beating smacks instead of posting. Sorry.
But hey, Vegas was fun. It's an expensive city, but it's pretty cool as well. I got to see an F-22 and the Thunderbirds up close. Buffets rock, especially at the Luxor. Everything there is really big. There are lots of weird people around. It kind of smells.
Wow, that was quick. I guess I won't have to talk about Vegas. Hahaha.
Oh, and we watched "The Da Vinci Code" on the bus ride and I became ragingly pissed off again. And don't even get me started on Tom Hank's molester-like hair.
Al Gore, if you're reading this, remove yourself from existance.

152 Comments:
Yeah for sam's new blog. I'm getting a haircut today. Actually looking forward to it (usually I have an aversion to salons). Strange.
Can't wait to meet my new sister-in-law...her family better be loaded so we can all start living off of Sam earlier than expected. Have a great day Sam, I gotta go paint now!
3/16/2007 8:45 AM
You hit the nail right on the head with that "molestor hair" comment. It was almost as bad as when Brad Pitt had the "homeless bum" beard going on.
3/16/2007 9:55 AM
Glad Kevin explaind the beatings to you! Last year when Sam said he was getting the "Beatings" well, you can imagin how I felt about that.
Have a good weekend everyone!
Hi Sam,this time next week you will be home! YEAH! I am stocking up the freezer, any request?
3/16/2007 4:31 PM
Happy Birthday Peggy!
3/16/2007 4:32 PM
I think there is something wrong with Becky's "e" key on her keyboard.....she is missing a few eeeeeeee's....I know it can't be her spelling. After all, she is the champion. I mean seriously guys, she has the shirt to prove it.
3/16/2007 4:52 PM
Nic obsrvation Tom, I totally rad right ovr that (ha ha ha)
3/17/2007 1:32 PM
Tom, there must be something wrong with your computer that does not show 'e''s, where am I missing a e?
3/17/2007 1:47 PM
funnir than that is i was going to typ a mssag without thm to to b funny and rachl stol my ida
3/17/2007 8:53 PM
Nice work on the E's that time, but I think now there is something wrong with your N key in that last message, Becky. He He. You crack me up.
3/17/2007 8:56 PM
? I am confused?? still don't know what is wrong with my "e"'s and now "n"s???
3/18/2007 7:22 AM
Thanks Dear,(I think?)
Good Monday Morning everyone! Looks to be a wet week here, UGH! just when we are scheduled to have our FENCE put up!!
Sam just 4 days to go! YEAH!
3/19/2007 7:04 AM
Hey Kev,
It appears some of Beckaroni's incredible spelling skills have rubbed off...grammer??? How about grammar?
Go Southern Illinois.
3/19/2007 8:18 AM
I know, I noticed that too and apparently it runs in the family. Even Sam, the rocket scientist (or Mr. 32, whichever you prefer), who studies at one of the most honored schools in the nation, spells existence wrong. I guess this goes to show spelling isn't everything. I guess when you are breaking down chemical compounds and learning how to blow stuff up, there just isn't time for useless, petty stuff like spelling tests. Just kidding with you Sammy. You haven't been on here much and I am sure you are busy.
3/19/2007 10:50 AM
Well, here's my excuse for not spelling well. First, I don't care that much. Second, I'm pretty sure it was Mom that had to quiz me for my spelling tests in grade school.
So one of two things happened:
1) I'd spell a word, Mom wouldn't know it, and just say that I got it right.
OR
2) I'd spell a word, Mom wouldn't be paying attention, I'd ask Mom if it was right, she'd say yes so I would stop asking her.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
3/19/2007 10:53 AM
Well, here's my excuse for not spelling well. First, I don't care that much. Second, I'm pretty sure it was Mom that had to quiz me for my spelling tests in grade school.
So one of two things happened:
1) I'd spell a word, Mom wouldn't know it, and just say that I got it right.
OR
2) I'd spell a word, Mom wouldn't be paying attention, I'd ask Mom if it was right, she'd say yes so I would stop asking her.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
3/19/2007 10:54 AM
OR maybe your mom is really Spanish and has never told anyone. Hence, how
she puts a question mark in the beginning of a question. Granted, it was supposed to be upside down in the front and right side up at the end, but I still haven't found that key on
my ENGLISH keyboard yet. And another thing, Sammy....your word verification thing just made me type UJEWZ!!! That is hilarious!!
3/19/2007 11:00 AM
Tom, your last post made me blow a snot bubble it was so funny!
3/19/2007 11:20 AM
GOSH! Remember I told ya all that spelling is overrated?? Sam, tis true, I was the one that tested you on spelling and reading, words were easy back in those days! Can we please change the subject? How are those basketball games going for everyone?
See ya soon Sam!!
3/19/2007 3:57 PM
Becky, I understand your posts perfectly. Any grammar or spelling mistakes inject character and charm into each. And that I love.
Your favorite nephew,
Jeremy
3/19/2007 4:14 PM
Suck up!!!
3/19/2007 4:29 PM
Thanks so much Jeremy! where do I send the check? hahahah
3/20/2007 7:17 AM
Shikago
3/20/2007 7:19 AM
Hello too all, Poor Becky!!! When do we get to meet the new niece-in-law???
Hi Sammy!!! Las Vegas it great!!!! I love all the flash and glitz.. The best time is the nite time!!!
HI SAMMY!
3/20/2007 9:28 AM
Everyone go to:
http://www.hobeybaker.com/ballot/
and vote for Erin Ehn. He's up for the Hobey Baker award, which is like the Heismann of college hockey. Plus he goes to the Academy. Vote...or I will disown you.
3/20/2007 9:06 PM
YEAH Sarah glad you got to get your snorkeling cruise in! I still think Rach and I should go to keep you guys company! And YEAH too for SPRING! Notice how everything is popping up green now, love it, love it!
Sam, I will go vote for you guy right now.
See ya soon Sam, just one more DAY!!
3/21/2007 7:06 AM
OK, so just so you don't do as I did, be sure to get the guys name that Sam wants us to vote for before you dash off to vote for him at the web site, and oh, make sure you have floor cleaner before you move all your chairs in kitchen, UGH!
Hi Sam!!
3/21/2007 7:24 AM
I will vote for him right now, since you voted for my baby girl.
HI SAMMY!!!!!!!!!
3/21/2007 10:16 AM
Spring is here, spring is here.
Thank God, Spring is here!
3/21/2007 10:43 AM
Sam got in before time on Thursday night, Kevin and I were late picking him up at the airport!!
Sam is enjoying just sitting around, went to go play soccer with some friends,reading and helping me learn the lingo for biking.
I Finally got my bike this Saturday and Sam took me on my first bike ride, 10 miles, it was awesome! The weather was so nice, so many people on the trails, Sam got a bit annoyed cause I kept using my bell! hahahah, but I know I am going to enjoy many more rides on my bike, can't wait to get out again.
Supposed to be a rainy week here, to bad for Sam, he is hoping to get in some mountain biking, plus I am hoping they start on our fence this week! Bye!
3/26/2007 7:01 AM
Hey Beck,
What kind of bike did you get? I just gave mine a tune-up this weekend and rode it to the park.
My rear-end hurts.
3/26/2007 2:23 PM
Good for you Jeremy, I found biking so relaxing. Regarding what I bought, remember I am a bit older then you, so I chose a comfort bike (hybred) TREK 7100, it looks pretty slick though, blue and silver, I have a silver helmet, call me the speeding bullet! hhahaha, it passed the Sam test, although he would not let me get a kick stand on it??
I am getting off at noon on Wednesday, so hitting the trails for sure, going to try a different one, there are many around here.
Sam is snoozing as I type this at 8:AM, he is wasting his vacation away!! But he did get up early yesterday, took me to work, went on a mountain bike ride , his bike is covered with dirt! How he got home without leaving one spec of dirt inside my car I do not know?, he then mowed the very tall grass for Kevin., so guess he deserves to sleep in today! ta ta all!
3/27/2007 7:34 AM
Those hybrids are sweet. The comfort hybrids are really insanely comfortable. I'll be getting a hybrid one day. I'm just waiting for my crap mountain bike to be stolen first. Evidently my Huffy Rockslide from the 8th grade hasn't been enticing enough for Chicago theives.
3/27/2007 1:22 PM
Yes,the comfort bike is much more comfortable then the traditional road bike, I took a test ride on both, and the difference is amazing, I was sold on the comfort bike right away.
The girls are going to rent bikes tomorrow afternoon and go with me and Sam, I think I will pack a picnic lunch! " NOT" there is a bar though on the trail, hmmmmm, wonder how their hamburgers are?
3/27/2007 6:30 PM
I have a bike called "Sledgehammer" that I take off sweet jumps!
3/28/2007 3:06 PM
I would bet Kesi that you have not been taking sweet jumps this Spring!
Sam takes sweet jumps on his mountain bike, I could not control my kidneys with all those bumps!
3/28/2007 3:51 PM
Beckaronilicious,
The Sledgehammer and sweet jumps comment is from Napolean Dynamite. Quite possibly the best movie made in the last 15 years. No I haven't been on my bike yet but Chris and I are going to get our scooter out this weekend. Mike, Sue and Brianna are coming here for Easter and Brianna loves to ride the scooter, so were getting it out this weekend to get it "warmed up."
Have fun on your bike rides!
Kesi
3/29/2007 10:17 AM
oh the scooter sounds like fun! And I guess if Sam would of been checking this blog site this week he would of known right away that you were quoting Napoleon Dynamite, he bought the movie and thinks it is the best ever movie made besides Snakes on a Plane, heheheeheh.
Sue, I know you are reading this, soooooooo have fun riding that scooter!!
3/29/2007 4:22 PM
Kevin and I watched "In Pursuit of Happiness" last night with Will Smith, very good movie, have your tissues handy though!
3/29/2007 5:20 PM
Yep. Have tissues handy, because at the end Will Smith murders his little boy.
3/30/2007 2:19 PM
Believe it or not, mom spelled "happiness" right...but it was wrong for the movie!!! In the movie it is spelled "happyness" Oh well, good try mom
3/30/2007 2:45 PM
JEREMY! Shame on you! No one gets killed or is on drugs in this movie, very heartwarming!
3/30/2007 4:11 PM
Mom, all that stuff Jeremy was talking about is in the Director's Cut version. Everyone knows that.
3/31/2007 8:47 PM
Sam's right. I mean, on the one hand, you feel badly for the cute little boy. And on the other hand, you can't believe the darling child would rat out his father's meth lab and brothel to the feds. It tugs the heart-strings.
4/02/2007 2:45 PM
That's right Jeremy. I think that the movie is a great commentary on the father/son illegal business angle, focusing on the interplay of moral and societial pressures in an increasingly individualistic paradigm.
4/02/2007 3:36 PM
Are we talking about the same movie?
4/02/2007 5:07 PM
Are we talking about the same movie?
4/02/2007 5:08 PM
Ok, Mr. Fancy Pants Glider Pilot, I are a college graduate, but please use words I can understand.
HI SAMMY!
HI JEREMY!
4/03/2007 6:17 AM
We wish everyone a very Happy Easter! Dad and Mom Marcks
4/03/2007 9:14 AM
Hey Vermillionites, what are you cooking when your folks come to visit? Have a great Easter, it's gonna be your LAST QUIET ONE!!!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha !!!
Happy Easter to you, too, Mama Marcks!!! And to all of the Holbrook's who will not be in Quincy to celebrate with us! We will miss you all!
HI SAMMY!
4/03/2007 10:59 AM
Us Vermillionites just received word that Mama Sue ordered a prime rib roast to be delivered to our home on Friday so she can slave over a hot oven all day long on Easter and make us a good meal. South Dakota meat sucks! Two more days until visitors:)
4/03/2007 12:39 PM
Prime Rib Roast???? Man, that is so much better than the beans and weenies Lynn is serving us........
HI SAM-U-L!!!!! What does the Academy do for you on Easter?
4/04/2007 8:50 AM
I would tell you what we are having for Easter dinner, but mom refuses to let us talk about it because it could make Sam sad! Sorry Sam! I'll just pretend we are having something gross like Goulash!
4/04/2007 3:33 PM
Hey, I think beans and weenies sound yummy, epecially if hte weenies are burnt!
Hey! Fence post on in!!!
Hi Sam! Easter Pkg. should arrive today!
Happy Easter Everyone!
4/05/2007 7:34 AM
oops, forgot to mention to all you "24" watchers, dad and I saw Gredeco at bingo, he had reattached his arm, but still looked scruffy.
4/05/2007 7:35 AM
No Kevin, we are having possum! hmmmm, with sauerkraut and brussle sprouts, hmmmmm
4/05/2007 4:58 PM
YEAH!! The fence is finally up! Kelly is not to sure about it yet, she still going pee and poo in the same ole spots and stopping at door so we can unleash her! I am sure she will get used to having more freedom soon when Mr.Harley and Miss Sophie come over on Easter.
4/07/2007 7:00 PM
I can't wait to got over to my Grandparent's house today!!! They just put up a new fence and I will be able to run all over the place!!! I wish I had a younger cousin though...Harley thinks I am a bother, and Kelly is just plain old!
4/08/2007 8:02 AM
Harley had a good time fully utilizing mom and dad's backyard. And dad should have a good time fully utilizing his easter present this week...a pooper scooper!!!
4/08/2007 5:40 PM
Yes, it was so nice to let the dogs run free outside! It was a cold Easter, but all the same we had a good lunch, then we all took naps!
Congrats to my niece Missy, who got engaged this weekend, the nuptials are being planned for the summer of "08
Have a good Monday everyone! Not sure what Kevin and I will be doing since we don't have to complain anymore about the fence not being done?, I am sure we will think of something though?
Oh, I know, lets take a vote on our huge growing compost pile, should Kevin get rid of it, or should we wait another year so it can compost?
4/09/2007 7:21 AM
Josh and I just watched 24 and the Soprano's, both were awesome! Anyone else a Soprano's fan???
4/09/2007 9:40 PM
I understand that the Supranos are being cancelled?
4/10/2007 9:01 AM
I don't think it has been "canceled" but I do know it is their last season. I think the writers of Sopranos don't want to continue with the series. So sad!
4/10/2007 1:48 PM
I knew Audry was still alive, ask Kevin, I told him so episodes ago!
4/10/2007 5:52 PM
Becky called it!!!
4/10/2007 7:50 PM
Baseball is back. Don't bother me! Go Cardinals!
4/11/2007 8:58 AM
could never figure out how anyone has the patience to sit though a baseball game! BORING!!
4/11/2007 5:11 PM
Didn't you go to Sam's Soccer games, Beckaronilicious?
Enough said
4/12/2007 7:06 AM
I don't think I missed any of Sam's soccer games, I have sat though rain and snow, brrrrrrrrrrr, cold benches! but soccer is way more exciting then baseball.
4/12/2007 4:35 PM
No doubt, Tom. Happy Easter, Jesus.
And I gotta say FoxNews coverage of the shooting today was a journalistic nightmare. THey did a great job of constantly speculating rather than just providing facts. I believe they convicted members of the press and other students anytime they saw the police bringing someone away in cuffs. It would go like this:
[Person shown being brought away in cuffs]
Dumb Anchor: "I thought they said the shooter was dead. This could be another shooter."
Paid Consultant: "That's right Jan, the only way this could be carried off is if more than one person was shooting. Probably someone with ties to the military because they had to have access to machine guns."
Dumb Anchor: "That's probably right."
[Hour later]
Dumb Anchor: "we're now hearing that those people being led off were members of the press and students who did not have ID with them. And the police have recovered two handguns. So please ignore everything we've reported for the last hour."
I hate journalists.
4/16/2007 4:02 PM
What happened in Quincy?
4/16/2007 4:25 PM
A fella was paroled, went to the Casino Starlight, got into a fight with his cousin, went to his cousin's house, doused it in gasoline, destroyed the house, no parents were home (at 3:00 a.m.), so all five children inside died.
Horrifying, terrible, sensless and ridiculous only begin to describe this mess.
4/16/2007 4:49 PM
Rachel, what happened in Quincy was on our local news and dad saw it on the National News too, a guy was mad cause his cousin turned him in for drugs torched his house, 5 kids died in the house fire.
Terrible news about Virgina Tech, sounds like it was over a lovers quarrel too! How sad!
4/16/2007 4:53 PM
It all makes me worried for the children today, they are growing up in a completely different world than we grew up in. I found myself at the gym today wondering what I would do and where I would go if a gunman walked in. It is sad we have to think about things like that. I was looking forward to watching Sopranos and 24 tonight...but I think we'll take a break from all the unnecessary violence tonight...
4/16/2007 7:52 PM
Today we - students, faculty, and staff of USD - received an email that tried to alleviate the fear of an attack on campus. It noted that the university has "policies and procedures in place to respond to incidents such as this" It added that the [city] "Police Department and our Department of Public Safety receive training regularly to be prepared to deal with all types of crises and emergencies."
Prepared for what - cleaning up the mess of crises or emergencies? It can't mean avoiding the death of 30 plus people. A police force cannot do what a well armed populace can - stop the death of a few from turning into the death of 30. Immediate response is imperative. I wonder how many fewer would have died had some of the students been armed. I can't wait for the naive calls for more gun control.
“The great object is that every man be armed. ... Everyone who is able may have a gun. ... Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense?” - Patrick Henry
4/16/2007 9:41 PM
I agree, Chris. me and Brian were talking last night that if another student would have had a gun, most of that would not have happened. But, of course, the media is turning this tragedy into a Bush/Political mess.
If a Democrat was in ofice, this would have never happened.
Sam, where are you?
I can't stop eating easter candy! HELP ME!!!!!
4/17/2007 6:59 AM
ON A LIGHTER NOTE!!!!
Post your must play songs for our wedding reception!!!!!! We are making a list for the DJ!
4/17/2007 7:07 AM
Yeah but even if the students could carry guns, most public places post signs that say "guns and weapons prohibited". Springfield has a law saying citizens may carry concealed weapons with a permit, but many public places such as the mall, hospitals, library, and MSU campus post signs saying weapons are not allowed. Sure, it is easy to ignore those warnings, but the people with concealed weapons risk fines and jail time if caught. And the people who want to use them for evil don't care.
4/17/2007 8:17 AM
That is my point; repeal those laws.
4/17/2007 8:51 AM
Ice Ice Baby
Push It
Any 70's disco songs
4/17/2007 9:57 AM
Jill
4/17/2007 12:02 PM
Sorry Rachel, my response didn't quite make sense to your post. Remove the restrictions (instead of laws) in those cases. Keep the conceal-carry laws.
4/17/2007 1:57 PM
Jeremy!
4/17/2007 1:57 PM
It can't be Jeremy; there is no mention of Phil Collins.
4/17/2007 2:28 PM
eewwwhh, there is a Holbrook that actually likes Phil Collins??? I banned him from my wedding.
Sarah, you need:
Wild, Wild West
Fergalicious
Hips Don't Lie
Glory of Love (my fav!)
4/17/2007 3:37 PM
"Wild , Wild, West?" You and Kesi!
4/17/2007 3:42 PM
Save a Horse, Ride a cowboy, is this how it goes? guess who?
We are Family and Delta Dawn!
4/17/2007 4:24 PM
It's Gettin' Hot in Here
and anything by Snoop Dog
4/17/2007 5:43 PM
Becs, we know it is you who wants to ride the cowboy so you can get spanked in public!!!!!! You dirty girl, you!!!!
Can you all believe Grandma Therese likes Snoop Dog? I just thought it was a gangsta phase she was going through...........
4/17/2007 5:47 PM
Macaroni!! oh and something to do that electric slide too, just need to learn how to do the dance before then. Guess who?
4/17/2007 7:49 PM
I am with Granny Therese, I like "Its getting Hot in here too", I think Granny would want the broom dance, hahahah, does anyone else remember this?
Oh, and it was not me Jill that requested that song about horses and cowboys? never heard of that song before in my life, but I do like "Pour some Sugar on Me"
4/17/2007 7:53 PM
I suggest:
You Dropped a Bomb on Me
One Night in Bangkok
and for the standard wedding love song
You Shook Me All Night Long
(I hate this song)
4/17/2007 8:20 PM
The DCFS ( if I am right about the initials ) are checking into this couple leaving their children by their selves. Hope they get sent up! This guy who set the fire had been in and out of jail like a worm in an apple. Death for him! The shooting at Virgina Tech? What a terrible thing to happen. Bec, It wasn't a love thing, I don't beleive. The guy was not all there. His English or lit teacher took him out of her class because of some of the things he wrote but when she turn them in to the school authorities they over looked them saying they werent threating? I think he just wanted to kil kill kill. As for guns my thought on them is they should all be thrown in the ocean, river, or whatever. No one should be allowed to have them! No one should be allowed to sell them? As you can see I am strickly against weapons. I thought the MO. law to carry concealed weapons the most stupid I had ever heard of. And I don't think Theresa said she wanted Snoop Doggy! Now how about some Lawrence Welk songs? No? Crap! Love to all and I'm praying for a calmer week!
4/17/2007 8:43 PM
More than likely, the bleeding hearts will not charge the parents...even though they are just as guilty as the guy who set the fire.
4/17/2007 8:59 PM
First of all, did anyone else notice mom spelled the macarana, macaroni?
Grandma D, you sound like Rosie O'Donnell. I have to side with my husband who is a lifetime member of the NRA...from my cold dead hands. Making guns illegal won't keep them from the hands of people who want to kill. They will just take them away from the people using them appropriately and for protection. But its okay if you are a crazy liberal, I still love you!
4/17/2007 9:51 PM
Chris, do you really want Lynn to drop another poo bomb on you ?
4/18/2007 6:57 AM
I agree, Grandma D, the V-Tech shooting was an insane deal, to say the least. My nephew from Brian's side graduated from there 2 years ago, so it could have hit really close to home if he had still been there. And in the fire the parents were just as guilty as the arsonist. I guess drinking a Colt 45 was more important than being home with their babies. Our world needs alot of prayer.
Sarah and Tom, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not play "Love Shack". I beg of you from the depths of my soul.
HI SAMMY! WHERE ARE YOU?????!!!!!
WE MISS YOUR COMMENTS!!!!!!
4/18/2007 7:06 AM
That was the best, Lynn dropping the bomb on me.
Rachel, I love that quote: "from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston, right?
4/18/2007 7:17 AM
Illustrating Rachel's poignant observation:
Last year a bill was in the Virginia assembly to allow the state's conceal-carry law to extend to campuses (currently the campus sets its own restrictions). The bill was, obviously, rejected.
A Virginia Tech spokesman was happy to hear the bill was defeated. "I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus." - The Roanoke Times
"Last spring a Virginia Tech student was disciplined for bringing a handgun to class, despite having a concealed handgun permit. Some gun owners questioned the university's authority, while the Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police came out against the presence of guns on campus." - The Roanoke Times
I wonder how safe they feel now?
4/18/2007 7:35 AM
As to my point:
"Why, for instance, does the torrential coverage of public shooting sprees fail to acknowledge when such attacks are aborted by citizens with guns? In January 2002, a shooting left three dead at the Appalachian Law School in Virginia. The event made international headlines and produced more calls for gun control.
"Yet one critical fact was missing from virtually all the news coverage: The attack was stopped by two students who had guns in their cars." John Lott
Keep watching the media; calls for more gun control have begun.
4/18/2007 7:42 AM
Calls for gun control won't help the Dems get elected....I bet they don't touch it (of course the media will try to make it an issue).
Also, I think the amount of media coverage just entices some other wacko to say..."Largest murder spree on a campus in American history???...I can do better than that!"
4/18/2007 8:15 AM
Right on Sarah! I was talking about that with Kesi. To the media, it's a record to be broken, like homeruns or touchdowns.
4/18/2007 8:19 AM
I finally had to write. Regarding the 5 children lost in Quincy - Althea was in the classroom next to Katie's at Baldwin. They had a very rough day at school on Monday. She was a very smart young lady. Jared's friend Ryan Bigelow is a fireman and was a first responder Sunday morning - Jared talked to him Sunday night - help is being provided all firemen involved following this tragedy. What more can be said. I happened to be at the Court House on Monday for Jury Duty and the place was FULL of armed officers - security was insane. VT - one of the men Mike/Jared play tennis with Mike O'Hanlon - his son is a senior at VT - and has classes in the building in the attack - but none that day. I am already tired of hearing about "what could have been done to prevent this from happening and investigating VT staff for handling correct" The kid was a sick individual intent on doing harm - somewhere - sometime.
Sarah/Tom - be concerned - very concerned about any of the song choices your loving "aunts" request - I suspect they are logging in as "Grandma T" to try to influence your decisions. Jared and Katie have banned all country music at their reception - I am going to miss "Save a horse ride a Cowboy" - and Sarah - did you witness that dance with your Mom and Dad at Niki's wedding???? Need I say more? Be prepared - this time your Dad will be in a Tux as he is "handling" your well-dressed Mom!
6/9/07 and 7/7/07 - YES! Party time!
4/18/2007 9:04 AM
Alright, I'm back.
First, the whole VaTech thing is crazy. If someone tried that at the Academy, not only would the Security Forces kill the guy before he got off more than one shot, but the cadets would destroy whoever it was as well.
Guns are awesome. They should be issued at birth. One man's sword keeps another's in it's sheath.
As for Sarah's wedding: I don't care about the music. I'll hopefully be crunked so it won't matter. Hahahaha!
4/18/2007 9:56 AM
"The Grape Lady"
Google it...
Watch it...
Laugh at it
4/18/2007 2:27 PM
SUSIE!! I was so excited to see you finally wrote on the blog! I had jury duty a while back too, did you get to sit on the jury?
Chris, what do you mean when you say "Lynn dropping the bomb on me"?
Lets talk about more fun stuff, like about Baby Rush coming soon, are you ready Chris and Kesi? And Katie and Jareds wedding, don't they need any tips for music Sue? hahahahahah And Sam, don't think you will be getting crunked at any wedding, you are not 21 yet!!
Fun to see the blog so active though! Keep it up!
Hi Sam, good to hear from you too!
4/18/2007 3:45 PM
Guns on Campus: I agree: If 4 kids in one of those classrooms were carrying guns, the gunman wouldn't have gotten very far. Before they lift the conceal/carry ban on campus, I think they better consider the likelihood that shootings would be more frequent.
The only kid at my college I knew who had a gun in his dorm room was an NRA buff. Loved history and politics. And ya know what? He was a nut job who was eventually kicked out of school. Nice enough fella, except for the times when you'd catch him pointing the thing out his window and saying things like, "I could take off 5 people before anyone could get through my locked door." He had a penchant for drinking vodka straight out of the bottle and dating 14 year olds.
After he threatened to kill one of my friends, he was asked to learn elsewhere.
I'm tellin' ya. Be careful what you wish for. Guns allowed on campus? I'd say you'd have more shootings (like in the ghetto when people shoot each other over sneakers... except in college it will be over girls/gettin' me kicked out of the dorms/busting me for pot/mistaking a GreekWeek prank for a crime) but less dramatic shootings.
I don't know which is worse, but having a gun in that building probably would have put a stop to this chap. But your allowing a lot of hormone fueled glorified high school students pack heat.
Songs:
I'm going to request:
Eddie Murphy: "Butt Dance"
Nelly Furtado: "Maneater"
Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark: "If You Leave"
4/18/2007 4:45 PM
oh yeah, maneater is good. I also like that new Avril Lavine (?) song, something about a boyfriend...
4/18/2007 6:52 PM
I love Nelly Furtado and Maneater!!!!
Not sure what "Butt Dance" is...I'll have Tom figure that out..
Absolutely no Macarena...and I don't care for YMCA either!
Tom and I are having a hard time coming up with our first dance song too...any suggestions?
4/18/2007 8:11 PM
the numma numma song?
4/18/2007 8:17 PM
Jermee, did I just see you request an Eddie Murphy song??? WOW!! I haven't thought of him as a rock star in a long time...well, I guess I never really did but he sure did though. Remember the song "Party All the Time." I would play that one, but I would have to alter it a little and sing "My girl likes to potty all the time, potty all the time, potty all the tiiiiime!!!" Sing it with me!! My girl likes to.....
4/19/2007 7:13 AM
Thanks alot, Tom, my nephew-to-be-in-law, I cannot get that song out of my head. I will get nothing accomplished today because of that.
Sam.... I read your post to Brian and a tear slid down his cheek. He was so happy to know there are still real men out there, gun-loving, gun-toting, I'll- shoot- you- before- you- shoot- me-men.
Brian would definately use a gunif he had to. However, if someone broke into our house, he would have to dig it out of the closet, remove it from the case, and finally load it. I fear we would all be dead by the time he could use it. Thank God I've got a dog the size of a lion, and just as mean..........unless you scare the poor thing and he'll pee all over himself. Uh-oh, I think I'm screwed...................
4/19/2007 7:38 AM
Jeremy's story helps illustrates my point: Jackass with a gun threatening people while all responsible students and faculty are disarmed. (I am assuming that Drake had a no guns on campus policy like most universities)
The University of Utah allows guns on campus. It tried to ban them but Utah's legislature and its Supreme Court rejected the attempt. While it represents only one instance of the allowance of guns on campus, they have not seen any "hormone fueled glorified high school students" attack anyone with their guns. The same can be said about universities a couple of generations ago that allowed guns.
"Detroit News reported: 'Such self-defense has not yet resulted in any kind of wave of new gun violence among those with fresh [concealed-weapon] permits, several law enforcement officials throughout Metro Detroit agreed.'... Consider the two largest states with right-to-carry laws, Florida and Texas. During the 15 years after Florida's concealed-carry law took effect in October 1987, about 800,000 licenses were issued. Only 143 of these (two-hundredths of 1 percent) were revoked because of firearms-related violations. But even this statistic overstates the risks, as almost all of these cases apparently resulted from people simply accidentally carrying a gun into a restricted area, such as an airport." - John Lott
Jeremy could be right (and it most likely will happen); an immature jerk with a legally acquired gun could commit a heinous crime. The available evidence, however, does not support this as a disproportional risk. The larger risk is "fish-in-a-barrel" locations (created by "no guns allowed" policies) like campuses and stadiums where a gunman can pick off many without fear of being stopped.
The larger issue is whether law abiding individuals should have their rights taken away in general and their self-defense rights in particular. Why does it follow that just because someone could commit a crime with a gun, others should have theirs taken away?
4/19/2007 9:28 AM
So, yesterday I found out that I'm going to Dover, Delaware this summer for a few weeks, which is cool since I'll probably get to fly over to Europe for a couple days. Anyway, Mom asked me if I needed a passport...to go to Delaware.
Think about it.
4/19/2007 11:09 AM
Sam, I booked someone the other day leaving from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina to Miami, Florida and they wanted to know if they needed a passport and I wanted to reply well, as it has been going lately, you may feel like you are in Cuba, but in actuality according to my third grade Geography teacher, you are still in the U.S. soooooooo, that would be no.
4/19/2007 3:52 PM
I think college campuses would be safer if they had robots in every building. I'm thinking C3P0s with bear-mace.
C3PO: "Oh dear!"
[sound of bear-mace]
4/19/2007 4:24 PM
I'm thinking up a list of songs for Sarah and Tom to consider and maybe I'll have it to them in a couple of weeks.
Song I don't want to hear: "Mony Mony". I hate that song with a passion I can't describe.
Song I want to hear: "Holler Back Girl" It will soon become a classic rivaling Hotel California.
"That sh*t's bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S, B-A-N-A-N-A-S." You just can't resist dancing to that song...just like Save a Horse Ride A Cowboy.
Gotta go now, Becky wants to dance with her cowboy.
HI SAMMY!!!!! Enjoy Dover!!!!
Love, Dad
4/19/2007 8:54 PM
As much as I love the Eagles and Hotel California, there are only so many songs they sing that don't put the crowd to sleep. I grew up listening to stuff before my time like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jim Croce, Steve Miller Band, James Taylor, Eric Clapton and Cream. In fact, for the longest time, the Eagles were my favorite band. I would love to hear all of them but also know that in order to keep the peace and also keep the rumps-a-shakin', I have to settle for those hip-hop songs that require absolutely no talent to write or perform. Case and point: Usher's YEAH. Here in a nutshell are the lyrics to such a poetic piece of talent. "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah....yeeeeah." I am sure that last yeah took some serious thought to produce. And to give 'Lil John some credit, I believe he did throw in a "Yeah, OK" in there somewhere so that just totally adds to the talent. So if I got my way, it would be classic rock all night long, but I have a feeling there will have to be some of the hip-hop too, which probably will end up being just as fun anyway being how a lot of folks may end up pretty crunk and that kind of music is fun to shake yo booty to when you are crunk. I can't wait 'til the music begins. It is going to be so much fun!
4/19/2007 9:27 PM
Good Eagles songs for the wedding:
Love Will Keep Us Alive
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Tequila Sunrise
Take it to the Limit
Take it Easy (well, maybe not) I don't have 7 women on my mind...)
I don't think good ones like Lyin' Eyes or Desperado or Heartache Tonight would be very good though but you get the point.
Here would be a funny one:
Witchy Woman...he he he
4/19/2007 9:39 PM
I like "Witchy Woman"...I actually put "Hard Headed Woman" on our play list....I left off "I Used to Love Her"...
4/20/2007 6:50 AM
When Nancy Pelosi was asked about gun control in recent days...she acted like she had no idea what "gun control" meant, she didn't even touch it...see I told ya!
Discuss...
4/20/2007 6:52 AM
GOSH!! Sam I know you don't need pass port to Delaware! I meant if you fly to Europe while you are there! GOSH!
And got to have something to dance the Electric Slide to at Sarah and Tom's wedding, my gym is offering a dance class and I am going to finally learn how to do that dance!
Oh, and I told Kevin when NBC showed tapes of the VT Killer that it was wrong of them and they would hear from people about this, and once again I called it! Yee of little faith, I do tend to get stuff right most of the time!
Have a good weekend everyone, I will be riding my bicycle!! YEAH!
Hi Sam, have a good weekend!Hey,will you get your mom a t-shirt from Delaware? Something like, Where were you when the Declaration was signed" hahahahah
Sam, blog would not let me sign in as Beckaroni, so had to use annonymouse.
4/20/2007 6:58 AM
Did you know that Dover, Delaware is tax free ! SHOP SHOP SHOP SAM!
This is Beckaroni
4/20/2007 7:25 AM
Looks like your will have good weather this weekend to ride your bike, my beautiful fun loving daughter. Have a great week end. And to all you others, you to have a good week end. Me, I've got to figure out some good "50's" song for that wedding reception. Wouldn't you all love that! Theresa would!
4/20/2007 7:47 AM
Mom, did you do research on Delaware or what?
By the way, Josh is celebrating the bill of rights this weekend by "bearing arms". No turkey will be safe.
4/20/2007 9:00 AM
Mrs. Marcks, I really like that song called "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" by The Platters. That is a really good '50's song.
4/20/2007 9:48 AM
Here's something really funny that we all noticed today at work. If you go to hotels.com and type in Pigeon Forge, TN as your city and no dates, then search for Days Inn. You will find the Sevierville Days Inn Pigeon Forge property that is....GET THIS...ocean front. Oh, my did we all get a kick out of this today!!! And there are photos showing the beach and palm trees and everything!! We are teasing the crap out of our IT guys for this.
4/20/2007 9:58 AM
Sorry it's been awhile. I don't want to talk about VT because I'm sick of it. I like music so, Tom it's a good choice not to have Desperado play because all I think about is the Seinfeld episode, which also contains Witchy Woman!
Mama Marcks, to pick out the best 50's song just look up the songs that are on the American Graffiti soundtrack...all good tunes.
Chris and I tried to ban country music but our DJ began playing a country song (requested by one of Chris' aunts) and I made Chris go tell the DJ to turn it off right now. (We didn't tip our DJ because he made a buttload of mistakes during our reception) I hope you guys as well as KT & Jared have better luck than we did. Picking the "no play list" was one of the funnest parts though to think of all the songs that suck, like Mony Mony and the Macarena and the Electric Slide. Yes Becky if you want to learn the Electric Slide go to the Casino Starlite and follow the girls that have tight-rolled jeans, keds and a sweatshirt with a labrador retriever on the front of it.
4/20/2007 3:02 PM
Whatch'a gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside that trunk.
Yeah. I better hear it at your reception...
4/20/2007 3:50 PM
I'm a gonna make you scream... make you scream, make you scream
Definitely Black Eyed Peas
Electric Slide? Is that the one where all the non-dancers get on the floor and soak up a good ten minutes of reception time with fantastic choreography? WT, so WT.
Why not "Pour Some Sugar on Me," "You Shook Me All Night Long," "Panama," "Twist and Shout," "Paradise By the Dashboard Lights," and a bunch of Bryan Adams?
4/20/2007 7:11 PM
Germy...Anything by Fergie is totally welcome, as is Gwen Stefani "but does he know how to wind you up???"....
Chris...Pour Some Sugar on me is on the list...so is You Shook Me All Night Long...not sure about the rest...
4/20/2007 7:49 PM
and don't play that stupid song where people have to "stomp stomp" and "turn to the left, now turn to the right" Uugghh! That's as bad as the electric slide and the macarana!
How bout some JT, "I'm bringing Sexy back?"
4/21/2007 7:39 AM
What is Love?
Has to be played at any Holbrook wedding reception.
Kesi
4/21/2007 10:52 AM
Kesi...It's on the list!!! Mom added that a while back!
BTW...You ready to pop?
4/21/2007 11:16 AM
Yes, ready to pop. Kind of getting to the point of it's a pain to do anything so I'll just lay here like a beached whale. Oh well, the countdown is on and as of April 26 I'll be considered full-term so if labor starts, they won't stop it. Anyways, got to go to church now. Have a good day!
4/22/2007 6:48 AM
Quit talking about all of the wedding reception songs. it makes me crazy! OK.Lets talk about something more candy-ish! OK? Lets talk about the wedding cake!!! Yeah!! Got it? Or lets talk about my dog, I don't even know what I'm talking about. Oh, I know what I'm talking about, something about candy and cake.
4/22/2007 4:25 PM
My absolute favorite dance song is Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting by the one and only, Sir Elton John. That song rocks!!!!! And is excellent to dance to!! It is a song old people would remember, like Kevin. I requested it at Niki's wedding but they didn't have it.
Yes, that was Bryson. I, too, like to talk about candy and cake. Speaking of cake, what food are we having at the reception....are you taking requests for that, too?! Ha Ha He He!!!
Congrats on your purse, Sarah!
What does WTB mean???????
Hey Kesi P.! Good to hear from you!! How is that little Russian doing?
4/22/2007 4:36 PM
Jillies...BTW means "by the way"...All the cool bloggers are doing it.
Well, we have to go talk to Santa Claus now. We hope he doesn't bring up DTD (doing the deed)...That's just wrong.
4/22/2007 4:58 PM
Some fast ones:
My Sharona (The Knack)
Rock The Casbah (Don't know)
Sweet Emotion (Aerosmith)
Start Me Up (Rolling Stones)
Good Times Roll (The Cars)
Hey Tonight (CCR)
Hot Legs (Rod Stewart)
Some kinda fast ones:
Keeping the Faith (Billy Joel)
Beast of Burden (Rolling Sotnes)
Mary Jane's Last Dance (Tom Petty)
Cinnamon Girl (Neil Young)
Hotel California (the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" version)
Addicted To Love, and
Simply Irrestitable (Robert Palmer)
Some slow ones:
My Love (Wings)
Let Me Roll It (Wings)
Dyer Maker(Led Zepplin)
Play Me (Neil Diamond)
Heart Of Gold (Neil Young)
Just the Way you Are (Billy Joel)
Our House (Crosby Stills & Nash)
I Need You (America)
You've Got a Friend (James Taylor)
Remember When (Alan Jackson)
Summer Breeze (Seals & Croft)
Something (Beatles)
4/22/2007 7:14 PM
Rod would like the songs: Pink Youand Your Hand, Averil Laveen, Girl friend Thanks
and also The Chicken Dance.
4/23/2007 7:36 AM
Bryson, You would think someone would like to talk about the cake!!
Today Jill and I are taking Ruffie to the Vet. I just know it will be a horrific experience, as he is terrified of the Doggie Doctor.
4/23/2007 7:38 AM
I would like to hear the Ketchup song. And just to make it clear the song from Averil is Girl Friend. The word thanks was supposed to have a space in front of it
4/23/2007 7:41 AM
I am concerned...I don't see any Bette Midler or Lionel Richie on any of your song lists????? Invitations went in the mail today for Jared and KT's wedding - big task to finally finish!
4/23/2007 8:58 AM
Roch the Cashbah is by The Clash
As for Bette Midler, I'm requesting the "Over the Shoulder Boulder Holder" song. We need to have a fun Bette Midler song in there and no slow ones. Lionel Richie...play any song of his because he's awesome.
Let's not refer to Rush as the Russian either Jill, that's just wrong. I agree with Bryson Gryson, let's talk cake and candy. Sarah, I'm expecting steak and lobster for a main entree. Some sort of cheesecake for dessert too!
4/23/2007 9:26 AM
rock not roch
4/23/2007 9:27 AM
PLEAE. Although I won't be dancing please please NO RAP SONGS! ELVIS, TONY BENNET, FRANK SINATRA and just what is wrong with COUNTRY? Just NO RAP! And Lynn what's this I here you are going to help Peggy make jello shots? With you two doing this the question is, will there be any left for the rest of us. Your mom got me to try them at Peggy's anniversary. She lead me astray, that woman did. Hmmm they were good.
4/23/2007 9:48 AM
Whoever left the anonymous message on here about Neil Young, America, and Zeppelin, and CCR and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young is really tuned into my type of music. Come forth, whoever you are and let's talk music sometime. I like all of that old stuff.
4/23/2007 12:08 PM
Oh yeah, and ESPECIALLY Tom Petty.
4/23/2007 12:10 PM
Bec's mom, Yes I intend to help Peggy with the jello shots. I hope too that there will be some left for the reception. I am not making amy promises! HAhahahaha!!!!!!!
4/23/2007 3:11 PM
hey rachie! i like when you came with me to the veterans home ok! that was fun! wasn't it fun! oh mom in jill ya you quit talking about Elton Jhon like I said it makes me crazy!
4/23/2007 5:11 PM
Kesi, I think the song you are referring to is "Otto Tittsling" I love that song!!!
Everyone else...this list is getting long! And there will be a little gangsta rap (or rap for white people anyway)...We gotta have "Gold Digger" although I despise Kanye West...
THE CAKE!!!! Four layers....two will be served at the wedding. The rest will be cut into individual slices for me to eat for the 85 days after the wedding, I'll even have some shipped to our hotel on the honeymoon so I don't miss as day of cake.
It has a fresh strawberry cream filling, one white layer, one choc layer with vanilla buttercream icing.
I can't wait to send out our invites! They will go out the week of May 21...yeah!
4/23/2007 5:24 PM
It was Kevin who left the anonymous song choices, he worked hard on it all last night, so I hope you can use a few at reception. Sarah, I hope you are keeping up with all these request, you will have quit a list to bring to the DJ.
Sue, I will be looking for Katie and Jared's invite, so excited, lets see, is it 6 weeks away now? What is on the menu for their reception?
Jill, I agree, lets talk CAKE! hmmmm, I was in charge of the CAKE, and trust me , you will LOVE it!
Sorry Kesi, you are not talking to the Rockefeller's here,no steak and lobster, think more like beans and wieners?
Hi Sam!!
It is me, Beckaroni
4/23/2007 5:28 PM
One of the songs to which I have always envisioned us dancing is "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. That is one of my favorite slow songs of all time.
4/23/2007 9:17 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home