Manly Things
There was WAY too much estrogen in the last post, so I've decided to man it up in this post.
Manly Things:
-Shooting guns
-Shooting things with said guns
-Guitars
-Eric Clapton
-"Monty Python and the Knights of the Holy Grail"
-Football (both kinds)
-Cannons
-Black Holes
-Fireworks/Explosions
-Airplanes with lots of guns and bombs
-Cars
-Large construction equipment
-Anything that's way overbuilt for it's intended purpose
-Bikini's (on the ladies...not the dudes)
-Loud noises
-maddox.xmission.com
-Camo
-"Reigning steel on packs of @$$holes" - Direct qoute from the Chief of Staff of the Air Force
-Chest hair and other anatomical features
-Putting diamonds on your food/eating T. Rex eggs
-Punching other manly men
-Betting on random things
-Drinking to complete annihilation
-Church
-Grilling/Barbecuing
-Eating obsurd amounts of meat/potatoes
-Jumping out of planes
-Reading war novels...no sissy "love" stories up in this house
-ANY Arnold, Sylvester, Jean-Claude, Bruce Willis, or Samuel L. Jackson movie
I'm going to go do manly stuff like sit CQ now. There are many more manly things, but weddings and feelings are not included.

135 Comments:
Hey Dad's on first! It pays to go to bed later than Becky!!!
Hi Sam!!! I like your new post concerning manly things. How about these?:
-24 (the show)
-300 (the movie)
-I'm Gonna Miss Her (the song)
Hello to all!
Dad-Kevin
4/23/2007 8:31 PM
Facial hair is manly...if you can grow it. Tom has to shave four times a day.
4/23/2007 8:35 PM
yeah new post!
hey Sam...is watching "queer eye for the straight guy" manly?
you want to know what makes me happy to be a girl? Shopping!
4/23/2007 10:08 PM
YEAH! New post, and no one had to nag Sam about doing one! My favorite manly thing Sam listed is "Church"!
I like a lot of your manly list, "24" for one, although got confused last night, just earlier in the day Audry talked with Jack on the phone, what happened to her before last nights episode? hmmmm
4/24/2007 7:47 AM
Yes Sam, I'm with mom, my favorite manly thing on your list is "Church"!
Hey, where did those Chinese guys get the Humvees on 24 last night?
4/24/2007 8:37 AM
Damn that GM!! Importing Hummers to the Chinese. Speaking of 24, anyone ever realize that there seems to be a common theme to who drives what? Bad guys drive Chevys and good guys drive Fords. Watch for that next time and you will see it is true.
4/24/2007 12:18 PM
Sammy, you forgot 18 wheelers!!!
Sarah I saw your purse today. It was the same one I was going to get only in a different color!!!!!!
I'm waiting for it to go on sale. Sale..hmmm....I thinks that is a manly think also!
HI SAMMY!!! ( I forgot that on my lasts posts)
4/24/2007 12:24 PM
I'm gonna pitch a manly fit today---given the manly theme. I just learned that Chicago banned handgun possession in the past few years. I thought about the topic because we just had our third shooting within a two block radius of my apartment, that Cho kid, and the break-in attempt at my place several months ago.
So handguns are banned. As in, you can't keep one in your abode. That's insane. I could believe that Chicago wouldn't let you carry a concealed one, but I couldn't believe that you couldn't own one and keep it in your house. I could have a shotgun, but not a single action .38 that couldn't kill a rat. So, instead of scaring off and injuring an intruder with a sensible calliber, I guess they want people to blow intruders in half.
This city is stupid.
Oh yes. Chicago led the league in gun homicides last year. NY City has 3 million more people but we had 5 more gun murders. Nice.
Defenseless in Chicago,
Jermee
4/24/2007 2:34 PM
Hey Sam-U-L!!! What about Slim Jims, beef jerkey and pork rinds???
BTW: Hi Sarah! Look, I'm net-savvy now too! TTYL ONOM! (Oh niece of mine)
HS!! (HI SAMMY!)
TIF (This is fun)
IBSN (I better stop now)
GBE (Good Bye Everyone)
ID (I'm done)
4/24/2007 2:40 PM
Germee, I think it is time you moved back to Quincy, it is much safer here. OK, I go to Liberty School today to see a teacher and the school is on lockdown. Yes, I said lockdown. I come to find out that there are gangs from Chicago here for the funeral of the five children and are pissed off at Quincy and the fire dept. for not doing enough to save the children who died. They have made some threats to our fine city. Germs, we are having a taste of Chicago and I don't mean Pizza.
You had an attempt to break in your home? You never told you blog family about that! What happened? You need a gun! And I still wish you would move back here...we miss you!
4/24/2007 2:48 PM
Aww, Jilly Pilly, I miss you too :)
I was out of my apartment and got a call from my landlord. She told me that two very large individuals were trying to break my door down. We don't know how they got into the apartment building, but they did.
My landlord, who lives above me, heard loud pounding and walked into the stairwell to see what was going on. She saw two orca-fat thugs throwing their body weight into my door. My 90 pound landlady yelled at them and they took off running out of the buiilding.
They obliterated my locks. The deadbolt did it's job. I was impressed. I needed a new lock, though. We couldn't even get into my apartment because the lock was so jammed up. We had to get in through the back way.
About two months earlier, some idiots (probably the same people) broke into an apartment in my building and stole a laptop.
We haven't had any such incidents since installing a camera and alarm system on our building entrance.
Re: Chicago Gang Thugs: They probably don't know that law-abiding people downstate can actually legally arm themselves. Someone ought to tell them.
Pretty damn funny that they are blaming the Quincy firemen and police. I hope you get some Jesse Jackson action down there. That'd be perfect.
I know: the fire department should have been watching their house in the middle of the night so that the parents can go out.
I'm fuming.
4/24/2007 3:42 PM
Jermie...Totally agree...why aren't they looking to get even with the parents who left their little ones all alone?
Has anyone heard if the parents will get charged with anything? Ten bucks says they'll pull the race card if they get charged.
4/24/2007 5:22 PM
You're right Sarah, I know the race card will be played, it always is. When the fire dept found out it was 5 black children in the burning house, they went through Hardees drive-thru and then went to fight the fire. Bastages! Hey, Sarah....there was something I read in our paper about a Springfield, Mo. lady and two children, I think one died like last week.....refresh my memory if you will.
PS I love the purse!!!!!!!
4/25/2007 5:53 AM
Jillies...I have no idea what you're talking about...What day did you see that in the paper?
PS...You're not USING my purse are you? I really don't want to find crayons and fruit snacks melted in the bottom!
4/25/2007 5:58 AM
Jerms, so happy u wern't in your apartment!
HI SAMMY!!!
4/25/2007 7:10 AM
Sarah, Sarah, Sarah, I'm not using your purse, Lynn is. Last time I seen it, the poochies were admiring it, too........uh, oh.
4/25/2007 2:53 PM
It was in the paper, Sarah. Something about a woman with two kids and I think one died and the other was taken away. It was Spfld. Mo cause I said to Brian "I wonder if Sarah stole the other baby."
4/25/2007 2:55 PM
Germzees, after reading that story, I think you should definately move back to Q-town.
I don't like that one bit!!!!!!
4/26/2007 2:59 PM
I think I'll wait around for a bit. Sounds like all our idiots are moving to Quincy anyway.
;)
4/26/2007 3:03 PM
Speaking of manly things...Jared was in the ER on Thursday - a dog bit him in the left leg as he was delivering a package. The Animal Warden found the dog has not had his shots - the dog had to be put down this morning. The bite looks like the dog had one long fang tooth that just yanked a piece of flesh out of his leg. 5 or 6 stitches later - Jared will make a full recovery - unless they find the dog has issues! BTW - Jared did deliver the package. A Man's Man!
On a lighter note, Mike, Jared, Katie and I are going to the Cardinal/Cub game tonight! FREE TICKETS on the Coca Cola Deck! Free food and drink too! YES!
4/27/2007 12:24 PM
Susie! Geeze, poor Jared! Got the package delivered and then had to sit in a waiting room. And I bet he'll tell you it is still better than the bank! Ha ha ha! Have lots of fun tonight, but make sure you ladies are back in town for the shower tomorrow! Don't drink too much "Pepsi" (is that your code word for booze?)
4/27/2007 1:16 PM
oh, poor Jared! Notice I didn't say "poor dog"! Will Jared get any time off for pain and suffering? Have fun at ball game, looks to be a nice night for one. Sorry I will miss the shower, hve fun, Granny has my gift to bring. Have a great weekend everyone!
Hi Sam! what is up with you this weekend?
4/27/2007 2:00 PM
I'm leaving the coffee shop in about 10 minutes to meet up with Erica downtown. We're hitting a fancy hotel bar in the loop. It happens to be the hotel where Christian Bale is staying while shooting the sequel to Batman Begins.
We're dorks.
Jermee
4/27/2007 3:52 PM
I'm dying.........
.................................
"thud"!!!!!.........
5/01/2007 5:53 AM
Medic!
5/01/2007 2:27 PM
Jeremy! what are you doing? Don't scare me like that!! I think the blog did better when we were talking wedding stuff!
Yeah! all you "24" fans, what do you say we chip in and get Audrey a make over!! Gosh, at least they could of cleaned her up before questioning the poor girl.
Also, someone in Quincy has my RED UMBRELLA! I hope it is making you very happy, I on the other hand am sad and miss it!
Hi Sam! Good luck on your chem test tomorrow!
5/01/2007 5:32 PM
hey... i didn't post the creepy "thud" message... I just called for the medic.
:)
5/02/2007 3:59 PM
This blog is sad. Where is everybody? What is everyone doing? I've been spending the last week totally redecorating my living room. Very fun times and not manly at all!
Sam, when do your finals start? I haven't heard from you in a while...maybe you think you are too good for us "little people". Maybe I should make you stay at mom's the night before the wedding with Bridezilla.
Bryson, Good luck on your First Communion this weekend. I know you will do great and look super holy! (unlike your mother) he he he! Love ya Jill
5/02/2007 9:52 PM
Yes "ditto" on Bryson's first communion, Jill send me pic's!
Rach, is your living room finished? I want to come see it!
Sam's finals start next week, hence I sent out a nice finals package. I bet he could use some chocolate chip cookies too, (hint to Rach)
Sue, how did the shower on April 28th go? Did Katie like the flashlight? That was kinda of a manly gift! but oh well, it was on their list at Lowe's.
I think I may have found my "MOB" dress, but won't know till it is shipped to me, didn't have my size at store! UGH!
I am up early, could not sleep,CRAZY, I know.
Hi SAM!
5/03/2007 4:12 AM
I am NOT a Bridezilla!
5/03/2007 5:45 AM
You won't let me wear the $5.00 shoes I found at sears!
5/03/2007 8:21 AM
Jeremy Report
This week, I'm waiting to hear back from the Attorney General's Office re: a jobby job. That's exciting.
I am enjoying a book (Summerland, by Michael Chabon, author of my favorite novel of all time, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay). I like it a lot. It's a story for kids, but you know how that goes these days... some are well-written enough for adults. This is the case with this one. Quick read, but well-written on account of Chabon being a fantastic author. Cute book about a kid who lives on an island in the Puget Sound, hates little league baseball, but is somehow scouted by a old codger named Ringfinger Brown to save the universe (and other universes) by playing in interdemensional games of baseball. I'm loving it.
Chabon has a new book coming out this month... I need to look into that...
5/03/2007 10:40 AM
Jeremy Movie Report:
I watched some old movies in the past few weeks that I really liked:
The French Connection
The Sting
A Fistful of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
Here's an old movie I did not enjoy:
Frenzy. Hitchcock directed films I normally enjoy. I did not like this one at all. It's about a serial killer in London. Meh... Stick with Psycho, The Birds, North By Northwest, Rear Window, Vertigo... all of these I really love. Frenzy made me want to claw my skin off.
Oh well.
5/03/2007 10:46 AM
Which one did you like better, A Man Hand Filled with Green Washingtons or For a Bit More Dowa Biews?
5/03/2007 1:04 PM
I liked Fo' A Few Dawa Beeews Mo' best. Thanks for asking, Avery Johnson.
I thought that Lee Van Cleef was incredible. His performance alone made it better than A Fistful Of Ones.
I liked the bounty hunting storyline and Lee Van Cleef's story better than the rival gang story in Ones In My Mitts.
But they all have the same awesome feel and are all fantastical.
5/03/2007 1:19 PM
I've been in paper writing exile, 25 pages worth of presidential economic analysis, and 16 pages worth of comparing Thomas Jefferson's and Abraham Lincoln's political ideologies.
Next, a "final" paper on Jefferson's administration.
Go Spurs! ... and Sam !
5/03/2007 1:19 PM
I think your paper should be titled:
"Jefferson and Lincoln: Little-Known Facts"
You could talk about which one was parodied most frequently on SNL and The Simpsons. Who has the bigger memorial. That sort of stuff.
;P
5/03/2007 1:31 PM
Hi All, Here is another weekend, YEAH! Girl trip to Quincy next weekend for Sarah's Bridal Shower, hope to see you all there.
Have fun Jill with Bryson's first communion, say hello to everyone for us.
Hi Sam, Give your mom and dad a call on Sunday afternoon sometime. Love MOM
Hi Sam!
5/04/2007 7:23 AM
Heard that Kesi's getting pretty close to D-Day!!!! or B-day....we want pics ASAP! Can't wait to meet the little guy!
5/04/2007 7:31 PM
Ah, Push it! Push it real good! Ah, Push it! Go Kesi Go!
5/04/2007 9:46 PM
My goodness, I tell Sue one little thing and word spreads like wildfire through the Holbrook family. And for the record, I'm not allowed to push until after Thursday because Chris' two finals are both on Thursday. I hope everyone had fun at the Dogwood Parade! Sarah, I apologize for not making the shower, but I just bought your gift online and am having it shipped to Sue, so I hope it gets there in time. Have fun peeps!
Kesi
5/05/2007 10:26 AM
Kesi! WHAT?! You're not coming to my shower!!!! You're going to let something like giving BIRTH get in the way!!!!! Just kidding of course! We'll miss you, but CAN'T WAIT till Jerad and Katie's wedding to see your new family!!!!
5/05/2007 9:58 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to Rachel for giving my future bride an awesome shower yesterday! I was only there for a few minutes but everything looked really nice and Sarah really had a good time. Also, thank you all soooooo much for the gifts!! I love them all!!
5/06/2007 7:38 AM
Sarah did really well on the "how well does she know Tom" game. I thought for sure she would get a few tough ones wrong, but she got almost all of them right! Then Tom came in the middle of the shower to surprise Sarah with roses and a wallet to match her purse (still in Quincy). It was so thoughtful and sweet, and I threw up a little (ha ha).
Kesi, hypothetically, if someone was going to make a sign for your baby's room, what color would you want it to be...
5/06/2007 7:53 AM
Yeah Kesi...Hypothetically....if someone were to buy baby clothes for you...would you want something sporty or cutsey.....(Please say cutesy).....
Are you registered anywhere?
5/06/2007 8:00 AM
Hypothetically speaking if someone were to make a sign for the Rush's room, Chris and I both like the color green. I haven't discussed it with Chris, since it's just a hypothetical question, but I'm sure he would like green as well.
As for clothes, we only have one cutesy outfit and the rest sports stuff. I would actually like some non-sports stuff too since we have a few weddings to attend and other things where he can't wear something that says "Future Slugger" on the front. Thanks for asking hypothetical questions!
Kesi
5/06/2007 8:58 AM
Kesi, Thanks for answering the hypothetical questions.
5/06/2007 11:54 AM
Everybody give a shout out to Bryson! He made his First Communion today!
Whoo! Hoo!
5/06/2007 11:55 AM
Special thanks to Mom, Dad, Rachel and Josh for leaping into action when we lost Sophie tonight!!!!!!!
We tie Sophie's leash to the grill but when it is in use we move it away from the building and don't tie Sophie out.
Well, tonight Tom came inside after grilling and I tied Sophie out on the leash and went back to watching Desperate Housewives...A while later Tom said, "I'm gonna go get the grill...Hey, where's the leash?!"
That's when I realized that I had tied her out but the leash wasn't attached to anything!!!
We called our friends Jill and Chris and Mom, Dad, Rachel and Josh and they came over to help...Luckily Sophie ran up to Tom after about ten minutes of panic!!!!
I seriously thought we were going to find her dead in the road...cute as she is, she's dumber than a rock and she isn't afraid of anything!!!! I am so happy to have my baby back!!!!
We are now considering microchipping her...she is so cute I think someone would find her and keep her!
5/06/2007 8:24 PM
Well, thank goodness, Sarah, you found her. You were lucky. Like you said she is so cute it's a wonder someone didn't spot her before you all did and take her. Wonder if she enjoyed her freedom for a while. Is she going on your honeymoon with you like your mom and Rachel are? Oops! I wasn't suppose to let you know. See you Saturday, love you, Grandma D
Hi Sam, where ever you are
Hey, Holbrooks family. Go to www.whig.com and vote for #30 in the Mother/Daughter Look Alike Contest. That's Terry and Me ( no snickers please ) It's on the front page to your right of screen about 1/2 way down and says Vote here. We are in the 26-30 group. Click that, scroll down, and enter your email address and the # of your entry. Thanks
5/07/2007 8:32 AM
Jill, how was Bryson's first communion? How was the party? I'm sad we missed it. Looks like we will be camping at Silom Springs again this memorial day, yeah!
5/07/2007 1:38 PM
Double yeah!!!!!!!!! Rachel
5/07/2007 9:26 PM
Hello everyone! It's been a long time! Sarah and Tom...that is soo scary to have lost that little girl! It makes your heart stop, doesn't it? Sounds like you had a great shower, I can't wait til your shower this weekend, I LOVE showers, talk about estrogen overload! Its' wonderful!
Thanks to all the Spfls. folks for their kind gifts for the First Communicant Bryson! It was a very nice service and we had a fun time at the party after ward, sorry you couldn't make it but we understand. When we were talking to Bryson before the service, I said to make sure if he didn't like the taste, not to make a face. He said "Oh, I know mom. The body of Christ tastes like bread, not like human skin." I shit you not.
I cannot WAIT to go to Mr. Bill's this Saturday!
Chris and Kesi, I could not pull up your pics, so Lynn is printing them off for me.
The wedding countdowns are getting shorter......yee ha!
JIll
5/08/2007 7:18 AM
Jill what are you feeding your kids that Bryson knows what the taste of human skin is like??? That's funny stuff.
Hey for all of Sarah's aunts out there (on Beckaroni's side), how do you send out shower invitations with a number to RSVP on that doesn't have an answering machine? I'm sure you have caller ID and see a Montana phone number show up and don't answer the phone. So, since I can't get a hold of a live person or a machine, this is my RSVP that I won't be at Sarah's shower. Just giving you a hard time, I only tried calling once.
Kesi
5/08/2007 8:45 AM
Sarah, Losing a dog for a second is so frightening!!!!
Grandma D, Can we vote vote 2 pics or do we just forget about Terry and her girl!! hahaha!! If it is only one, I will have to close my eyes and point!
I woke up this morning and Lainey's face was bloated up like a balloon! A quick trip to the vet's at 7:30 revealed that she was stung by a bee.
p.s. Kesi, haven't you exploded yet??????
5/08/2007 9:10 AM
Oh Bryson...that is one for the recordbooks!!! See you all this weekend!
5/08/2007 9:33 AM
Kesi......we are waiting but our patience is wearing thin. We want out Little Russian!!!!!!!!!
Great, and I do mean Great Aunt Jill
5/09/2007 6:34 AM
Oh my goodness, I'm waiting too. Please remember that I'm carrying a Holbrook male which means that nothing will get done in a hurry and he'll take his own sweet time.
Kesi
5/09/2007 8:56 AM
Wow, you know the Holbrook's well! We'll see if he is a true Holbrook though when Rush starts stashing chocolate in secure, secret locations.
5/09/2007 10:47 AM
Hey Kesi, are you still working?
5/09/2007 4:25 PM
Yes I'm still at work, but my brain isn't.
5/10/2007 7:04 AM
We all think you should be working on (in the word's of your mother-in-law, Susan) birthin' that baby.
Great Auntie Jill
5/10/2007 11:10 AM
I don't know nuthin' bout no birthin' no babies.
5/10/2007 12:16 PM
I walked for 4 miles last night and then ate hot wings for supper and still ain't birthin' no baby!
5/10/2007 12:53 PM
You just can't Rush these things....
5/10/2007 7:25 PM
I would love to claim that last post, but it wasn't me. Too funny!
Any twinges yet kesi? Are you getting tired of people asking?
Sarah....can't wait til the shower tomorrow! I love girlie days!
Rufie's mom
5/11/2007 6:58 AM
Us girls are heading to Quincy this afternoon, see ya all soon!
Kesi take care, we are all pulling for ya. Wouldn't it be neat to give birth on Mother's Day?
Have a good weekend my dear husband, don't work to hard, have fun at the party Saturday night.
Have a good weekend of studing hard for finals Sam! Love Mom
5/11/2007 7:16 AM
Well, since the Springfield folks are probably on the road by now, they'll just have to find out tomorrow. Baby Rush will enter this world no later than Tuesday. I'm being induced Tuesday morning, if I don't go before then. Have a good weekend everyone and have fun at Sarah and Katie's shower tomorrow.
Kesi
5/11/2007 12:41 PM
Kesi, news travels fast in this family, Tom saw your post on the blog site and called Sarah ASAP, so we knew before Sue told us at the shower, the Grandma to be is pretty excited, as well as the Grandpa to be, we saw Mike on Sunday. Best wishes to you Kesi, we will all be praying for you and baby Rush.
Had a great weekend in Quincy,got to spend some bounding time with my girls, and listening to their nasty songs,!! UGH, but it was fun, got to visit with everyone on both sides of the families! Now I am exhausted, Kevin had dinner waiting for me when I got home, THANKS DEAR! it was yummy.
Hi Sam, Good luck on finals this week! Love MOM, oh and thanks again for the flowers.
5/13/2007 7:48 PM
Chris and Kesi!!! How are you feeling today?! Boy, it is down to the wire now!!!!!Can't wait to meet that little guy.....keep us bloggers posted on whats happening!
Grandma D....your daughters put on a great shower for Sarah, it was nice and alot of fun! Yummy food!
It was good to see all you Springfielders this weekend! We missed you Kevin!
HI SAMMY!
Jill
5/14/2007 8:09 AM
I feel fine. It appears that Rush is taking after the Holbrook males that I know best of doing things on his own schedule. Chris and I were really hoping today was the day but I guess we'll just have to wait until tomorrow. Today isn't over yet, but with as long as the whole labor process is, we're running out of time.
5/14/2007 8:39 AM
Kesi, these things seem to happen in the wee hours of the morning, so he could come on his own yet!
5/14/2007 4:07 PM
well? has baby arrived yet?
5/15/2007 3:28 PM
Not a lot of chatter on here....hmm...I bet that's a good sign!! Betcha there's a baby comin' soon...
5/15/2007 5:19 PM
Hey, Kesi...take your time, we wouldn't want you to RUSH him....he he he...I know, I know... Hardy, Har Har...
5/15/2007 5:23 PM
Tom, don't you have to go stamp some envelopes or something?
5/15/2007 7:11 PM
UPDATE! Just got a e-mail from Sue, Rush Christopher Holbrook was born at 3:22pm, weighing in at 7#'s 6 1/2 oz.! Good size baby boy! Kesi and Rush are doing great! Congratulations Chris and Kesi! Sue and Mike you are Grandpa and Grandma now! hahahah, have a safe trip Sue. Send pic's via e-mail ASPA!
5/15/2007 8:34 PM
ooops, that was supposed to be ASAP! GOSH! I was just to excited to get it right!
5/15/2007 8:35 PM
Yeah! Congrats Kesi and Chris on your new baby boy! Can't wait to meet the new addition to the Holbrook family! Enjoy every minute!
5/15/2007 8:58 PM
Chris and Kesi, let us bloggers know what it going on! You go home today! Yeeee Haaaaaa!
He is such a handsome little guy!
Speaking of handsome, Sam, where are you? Are you still with us???? We miss you!!!!
HI SAMMY!
Auntie Jill
5/17/2007 7:52 AM
I'm still here...I've just had my face buried in books and notes for the past few days. But I took my two last finals yesterday, so I'm pretty much free of the next few days. It's awesome!
Congrats Chris and Kesi. I don't know when I'll get to see the little guy though.
But yes, I am still here.
5/17/2007 8:30 AM
Congratulations to all you Holbrook's for that new little son, grandson, nephew, or cousin. Enjoy him while he is small. They grow very fast and the next thing you know they are making you grandparents. lol Have a great day every one. We are getting ready for our memorial week of camping. Looking forward to our fish night and big community breakfast. Hi Sam. Now that test are over relax and enjoy life. See you in July. Did mom tell you Dave is has to do another tour of Iraq in June? He is not looking forward to it. He's got his 20 years in now and I've been trying to get him to retire but he said he likes what he does. You all have a good day.
5/17/2007 11:20 AM
I'm upset I was left out of the baby picture forward...would someone please send me a picture of Rush!!!
5/17/2007 6:50 PM
Ummm...HELLO! Can we see pix of this kid or what? They aren't going to hide him away like Suri Cruise are they????
5/17/2007 7:49 PM
Thanks for sending me pics Jill, Rush is a cutie. Can't tell who he looks like yet though...
5/18/2007 9:20 AM
Sorry Rachel, your address was not in my contacts list (it was a little old). I have since added your gmail address to it; and you'll receive all updates. Speaking of those pics: WHY DIDN'T YOUR PARENTS FORWARD THEM TO YOU! I know I sent a couple of batches to a Kevin/Becky address.
Oh well.
I'll send some pics this weekend.
5/18/2007 3:11 PM
He is so cute!!!!! Thanks for the forward...send more this weekend!
5/18/2007 5:27 PM
Hey Guys! Grandma Sue sent me picture of cutie pututitie baby Rush but I could not open it,
I did NOT get e-mail from Dad Chris, but Great Uncle Kevin forwarded pic's to me, so now I, Great Auntie Beckaroni have seen the very handsome baby Rush and I did forward them to my adoring children. SO THAT IS MY STORY AND I AM STICKEN TO IT! THE END!
Did Grandma Sue make it there safely Chris? Has she put Rush down yet?
5/19/2007 5:41 AM
Congradulations Chris and Kesi on the birth of your son, Rush. Bet that brought a rush of excitement. Sorry, had to put in a little pun. I do wish the three of you the best. Chris and Kesi, enjoy him while he is young. They grow so very fast. Why, only yesterday my Becky was a tiny baby girl. Awwww
5/19/2007 9:16 AM
Hey Rach! Do you have that craft show info on Kick-the-poo and the other school?
Jill
5/19/2007 3:57 PM
Oh Jill, that would be so much fun if you came for the Kickapoo show. Rach and Josh are in ARKANSAS floating as I type this, should be back on Sunday. We are babysitting Mr.Harley.
5/19/2007 7:03 PM
Hey everyone, sorry it's been awhile since my last post. I've been kind of busy. Thanks for all the little "Rush" puns and yes it was a rush of excitement. We think he's pretty cute! Grandma Susie has been a tremendous help...especially that first night...that was long! We don't know who he looks like but he has his Daddy's hands and feet! Everyone have a good Memorial Day weekend and we'll see most of you at Jared & KT's wedding.
Hugs & Kisses,
Rush's mommy
5/21/2007 12:59 PM
Welcome back Rush's mommy! Have fun getting to know your little guys, soon you will know what every cry and whimper means. Tell Grandma Sue hi for us and yes, we are all anxious to see Rush in person!
5/21/2007 4:44 PM
Kesi, Thanks for checking in! We can't wait to meet him and see you and Chris as new parents!!! Keep the pictures coming! He is a cutie pie!
5/21/2007 6:06 PM
We will miss all of you Springfieldiansers this weekend, but we understand about not traveling with gas prices like they are. We will have fun in 2 weeks for the big wedding!!!!
Grandma D. enjoy your camping this weekend, the weather is going to be great!
Hi Rush!!
Hi Jerms!
HI SAMMY!
Great Aunt Jill
5/22/2007 8:23 AM
I saw my first episode of "24" last night - not too bad for a video game type of show. I don't know if I like the 3 different angles of the same action, at the same time, yet. Its particular use last night seemed unnecessary.
The plot seemed good, except for the grandfather who killed his son (Jack's brother?). That was quite a stretch.
Apart from Jack, I liked the Buchanan guy and his wife - the Secretary of Something.
Whoever played the Bauer grandson needs to have his acting card taken away. I think he screamed every line. Oh, and the two women characters at CTU(?), Chloe and the bosswoman, are as believable as a cat licking a dog's ass. Does Chloe have to look like she is going to cry all of the time?
With all of the shows defects (common to all current attempts at TV entertainment), I think I could like this show. ...Maybe
5/22/2007 3:17 PM
24?! What about Rush?! Tell us about him!!!!
5/22/2007 3:34 PM
I think Chloe's face is more like she's mad everyone else around her is so stupid. I like to make the "Chloe Face" at mom when we are working together!
5/22/2007 4:15 PM
Rachel is differently a Chloe, she looks angry all the time, hahahah, Chris, remind me to show you a pic of Rach I have kept on my phone.
As for the Bauer kid, I agree Chris, in fact, I even told Kevin last night they could of done better with someone else, cuter,better actor and why does it look like he is sweating so much? take off that damn sweater!! hahahahah, glad to have you aboard though Chris.
Chris, are you done with school for now? Did you have to study for finals during the labor?
Say hello to everyone, oh, and I got invite to Kesi and Rush's baby shower, is Kesi registered somewhere? in not, give us some ideas what Rush needs.
Does anyone else have to put in that darn word thing 3 X's???
5/22/2007 4:48 PM
Me again, HI SAM!
5/22/2007 4:49 PM
Josh and I kept thinking they would reveal Jack's nephew was really his son. Didn't anyone else notice he looks exactly like Jack's daughter? They could be related in real life.
5/22/2007 6:55 PM
SAM!!!
IT IS TIME FOR A NEW BLOG!!!
5/22/2007 6:56 PM
Rach, are you trying to change the subject so no one thinks you look like Chole? I have forgotten what Jack's daugher looks like? Do you all think Jack was thinking of jumping off the cliff? Have a good day everyone!
HI SAM!
5/23/2007 7:16 AM
I did think he might shoot himself. But that would have been out of Jack's character. He never takes the easy way out. I wouldn't mind being Chloe, she's preggo!
5/23/2007 8:05 AM
Sam, When are you leaving for Delaware? Because you need to write a new blog before you leave!!!
5/23/2007 1:20 PM
Sam has been busy this week learning how to beat on the incoming doolies of "2011" this summer.
Hi Sam! I know you can at least read this. TTYL. Love MOM
Hi Sue! Let us know all about the baby trip!
5/23/2007 8:21 PM
Actually, I'm working a course where we give the basics M-16s and live ammo...so I'm learning how to make the experience very pleasant, and therefore avoid getting shot! Hahahaha
5/23/2007 9:04 PM
Good luck with that Sam, make sure they know where the target is!
5/24/2007 5:10 AM
Hey everyone in Blogland! Have a happy and safe Memorial Day. I have festivities to go to both days. Yumm Yummmmm!
Hey, while you are talking about TV shows, does anyone watch Lost, and if you do, what is the premise of the show? Just curious, we don't get ABC in the boonies.
HI SAMMY!
Hi Jerms!
Hi Rush-ums!
Aunt JIll
Oh and yes, Becs, I always have trouble with the letters.
5/26/2007 5:28 PM
Hi Jill, thank goodness someone else has trouble with those darn funny lookin letters! GOSH!
I don't watch "Lost", but my boss's do, it is about a plane that crashed on this island and the people that survived and how they survive on the island, to me I thought it was sorta like "Gilligan's Island", I could not get into the show knowing that they would never make it off the island! Gilligan's Island drove me nuts with all the chances they had to get off and didn't come though for them! GOSH!
So excited when I woke up today and realized we had another day off of work tomorrow!! YEAH!
Happy Memorial Day everyone!
HI SAM!
5/27/2007 3:52 PM
Helllloooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Is anyone out there???????????????
Lonely Jill
5/30/2007 1:37 PM
I'm here waiting for someone to post something interesting. Rush has grown two inches in two weeks and is in the 75th percentile in height and 25th percentile in weight. It appears that he received his dad's genes of being tall and thin and not short and wide like myself.
5/30/2007 1:56 PM
I'm bored too, but I have to go paint now. Not much is going on here in Springfield either. Jill, did you get my e-mail about the computer stuff?
5/30/2007 2:05 PM
Kesi, Send us more pictures! Sounds like he is doing well...are you geting any sleep?!
5/30/2007 4:59 PM
Hi! It's Bryson again! What are you doing guys? Lynn, Rachel, Sam, Becaroni, Sarah, Tom, Anonymous and me, OK? Can I have some cake now? Is it the party yet?
Love, Bryson
5/30/2007 6:15 PM
I'm gonna be an AUNT soon! My future sister in law is in the hospital right now! I can't wait!
5/30/2007 6:59 PM
Hi All, I have been riding my bike! I love to ride my bike, and now I have living with me my niece who loves to ride her bike, so we are off to go ride our bikes! Well, I have to wait till after work tomorrow.
YEAH! Sam is now a 2*!!! In layman words that means he is a Junior!
HI SAM!
5/30/2007 8:34 PM
I see the "dancing cadet" made CNN news on CNN.com. And that the Sec. of Defense made some reference to it during commencement speech.
5/31/2007 10:20 AM
Yep, I saw that too. If any wants to watch, here's the link:
http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/moos/2007/05/30/moos.dancing.cadet.kktv
It's pretty sweet. This guy was one of my Basic Cadre
5/31/2007 10:22 AM
So we are officially Aunt Birdie and Uncle Bird. My brother Nic and his wife Angela gave birth to their first son and my first nephew named Elias Anthony McCubbins at 5:21 am today. He weighed 7 pounds and 1 ounce and is the cutest baby I have ever seen! I can't wait til he is old enough to swing a bat!!
5/31/2007 7:12 PM
Congrats Tom on your new little nephew! But Sarah is not officially his Aunt, not till 7/07/07 at 7pm!
Hi Sam!
5/31/2007 7:31 PM
Ok, so Sarah is not quite an Aunt yet but I AM an uncle!!! All I need now is a cabin!! He He.
5/31/2007 7:35 PM
Ummm. I AM an aunt, so back off!
5/31/2007 7:37 PM
Thanks for the pics, I think he looks like Nic.
5/31/2007 9:22 PM
He has Angela's nose and Nic's eyes...and lots of strawberry blonde hair!
6/01/2007 3:02 AM
Congrats Tom on the new nephew. If he looks anything like his daddy the girls will be swarming around him when he gets older. Then Uncle Tom will have his hands full what with the 4 he'll have by then. lol
6/01/2007 8:02 AM
Grandma D...There's no way we will have four!!!! Yikes! But Tom and I are currently in "negotiations" so we'll see......
6/01/2007 9:28 AM
Grandma D...are you gonna RSVP for my wedding? I thought you'd be first!
6/01/2007 9:30 AM
Sarah, I would get your "negotiations" in writing, because after the first one...you never know...also I would put some sort of clause in there stating division of diaper duty...
6/01/2007 11:11 AM
Congrats on the new addition to your family, Uncle Tom!!
Sarah, I have tried NUMEROUS times to RSVP on your web site but it tells me there is no such site. So, here it goes..........
3 of us will be attending, Brian, Bryson, and myself. Lauren will be unable to attend the wedding due to a previous engagement.
Love, Jill
6/01/2007 6:17 PM
Hmmm...wonder why you can't get on...I check it daily...I will add it. Tell Lauren she's out of the will!
6/01/2007 7:39 PM
Has anybody else in blogland seen the movie "Hot Fuzz"? Josh and I just watched it and it was great. Very funny! Sam, I think you would really like it. Check it out!
6/01/2007 10:39 PM
Sam, I don't ask much of you, but would you please put on a new blog? My hand is worn out by the time I get to the bottom. Just a hello and good-bye would suffice! Love you, Grandma D
6/02/2007 9:05 AM
Hi All, Sam is getting packed up to leave for Dover Delaware on Monday morning,hey Sam, you could write a new blog on Sunday "All wrapped up in a year" You are a 2* now, tell us what your duty's will be for next year?
Rach, that movie sounds nasty, is it? "Hot Fuzz"?
Had fun sipping on wine and eating on strawberries last night with the girls! This was after Trish and I did a short 10 mile ride.:-)
Have a good Sunday everyone, Kevin and I have to usher, then be back at 11am to help with our Parish Picnic today!And another graduation party tonight. Never dull moment around here.
HI SAM!
6/03/2007 6:09 AM
Mom, "hot fuzz" isn't a porno. It's about a police officer in London who is reassigned to a small nondescript town that essentially is the safest town in England. But it is only safe because all the murders look like accidents. Long story short it is funny and clever and has absolutely no nudity (you have a dirty mind lady)...
6/03/2007 9:05 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home