...or the Daring Adventures of Daring-Do from the Most Eccentrical Wunderkind der Springfield via Quincy

Sunday, June 03, 2007

What Has Happened?

Disclamer: I don't spell check or proofread anymore. You know why? Because. That's why. (I learned that excuse from my beloved mom...and I think Chris and Kesi will find it useful in coming years.)

Seriously, what has the world come to these days? On going war in Iraq and Afghanistan (remember that one?). Global Warming (and Al Bore with an Oscar). ANOTHER Clinton in '08 (God I hope not). Black people riding in the front of buses (just kidding, you're still reading right?). The OC got cancelled. Cheating scandal at the Academy. Massive corporations screwing over their employees. Cindy Sheehan finally realizing she's an inane figurehead being used because she's mildly retard and "resigning" (and did anyone notice that her face looks like an old catchers mit...that's been beaten with a bat, set of fire, and then buried for a few years in a barrel full of spiders? Well, it does). JFK terror plot. al-Sadr. Fort Dix. More global warming.

And then this.

TAKAHERI KOBYASHI HAS LOST HIS HOT DOG EATING CROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, what is wrong with this world? I don't think I want to live in a world where an old dude from Cali can step up and steal my man's eating crown. C'mon!!! 59.5 HDBs...that's Hot Dogs and Buns for you lame-o's out there. That stomps Koby's recored by just about 6 hot dogs...I think (I'm too lazy to do the math). And it was a white dude as well! I for one am tired of the white man always trying to keep minorities down. This is just another example of the man doing his darndest to make sure the Aryans keep their until supremacy in the New World Order. I think head might explode from the enormity of Tako (as I affectionately call him) losing his mustard colored belt at the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Competition on the 4th o' July, or as the English call it, the day after July 3rd. If he loses, I might poo my britches. To see one of your all time hero's, a giant in a land of midgets, smitten down by the liberal-hippy-pinko-commie-tree hugging-Obama/Hilary loving-hemp tokin'-Joan Biaz listenin'-Prius driving-Gucci wearing-Gun hating-San Fransisco living Californian makes me sick to my stomach...literally. I ate at IHOP this morning and it's destorying my insides right now.

Okay, I think that's enough of a rant. Although I am glad the HDB title is back in the US of A, I'll light a candle for Tako.

In other news:

I'm heading to Dover, Delaware for Ops AF this summer. Should be pretty cool...hopefully I'll get a ride over the Europe for a couple days at some point. That be dirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty. Notice the multitude of "r"'s. That means is cool. After that, I'll be home for a couple weddings, where I'll probably see most of you. Unfortunately, that means I'll have to see Aunt Jill as well, but I guess you can't win them all right? After leave I'm teaching basic cadets how to shoot M-16s. I'm taking donations for a bullet-proof vest now. Thanks for the consideration!

Dan Brown, if you're reading this, I hate you. I wrote a book called "The Dan Brown Code." In it, I uncover clues about how much you suck at life. As it turns out, you suck a lot. Go play in traffic NTAC. Grandma D, don't read this next line...just skip to the next paragraph...for everyone else, NTAC means "no talent ass clown".

Welcome back Grandma D! So, in conclusion, kill yourself Dan Brown...perferable by beating yourself in the head with a copy of your crap-tastic book and accompanying DVD starring a rather greasy looking Tom Skanks. If I could, I'd give that movie 8 thumbs down.

Rachel, have fun making your signs. Sarah, I hope the wedding is going well. Tom, sorry. Josh, umm...huh...are still around? Mom and Dad, I love ya lots and will home pretty soon. Kelly, I know you use the computer and can also read, so I'll see when I get home.

Movie Reviews:

Pirates III - Decent. Kind of long, but Keira Knightley is smokin' hot.

Spidey III - Peter becomes emo. I hate emo. Still alright

Dune - I watched about 30 minutes of this mind-numbingly boring 80's sci-flick crap-tazaganda and wanted to jump out a window onto spikes covered with fire. Possible the worst movie I have ever seen

Mr. Brooks - I haven't seen it, but it's awesome. Trust me.

Are you tired of my mindless babble yet? Good, because I'm tired of writing. That and I can't really thing of anything else to write about.

So long for now. I'll see y'all at some point this summer.

Until then, peace

126 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First one to blog!

6/03/2007 2:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched Dune ( very very boring, made no sense, film ) when it first came out. Isn't that the one where that big giant suppose to be man sits all the time, picked his pimples and let them squirt out? Excuse me, I just got ill. Big blog, Sam, I will have to read it twice. I notice you didn't want Hilary to be your Commander in Chief. Live with it! I'ts going to happen. About time women took over running this country. Enough Politics for me! I am what I am. Beautiful! lol

6/03/2007 4:27 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Hey Sam,
Always nice to hear your view on politics and race relations. Hope yo have fun in Delaware! See you in a couple weeks!

6/03/2007 7:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI SAM! Have fun in Dover and email us when you can. I'm bushed from a long day of partying at church hahaha.

I can't wait to head back to Quincy next week for another big party. I'll get to dance with my two favorite sisters!

HI RUSH!!

See you all next week at the wedding!

Dad-Kevin

6/03/2007 8:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a huge close-up photo of Cindy She-ham in the newspaper and I thought it was Don Imus for three seconds.

No lie.

So I moved to a new apartment over the weekend. There are a lot more people to steal the internet from here than in my old building. Yipee.

The new place is great, especially on account of the fact that (intentionally wordy) it has central air conditioning which is new for me in Chicago and I've never had it before (intentionally run-on and redundant).

I spent the whole weekend painting my bookshelves and my desk. This was my solution for all of my inherited furniture not matching. Now they are all semi-gloss black. All of my furniture now matches my Darth Vadar piggy-bank (with motion and sound).

This move also brought an end to a certain desk Uncle Kevin dropped off in my bedroom sometime when I was a kid. Yep, that brown thing with three doors on the left side.

It made it out of my old apartment, but made a permanent pit stop at the dumpster. The top of it was ruined on account of something that happened to it that I can't rightly recall. In any event, I bought a new (used) desk from a pal and retired the old brown one.

Thanks for the desk, Kevin. It made me feel smart when I did my homework at it in grade school, high school, college and law school. I credit it (and by association, you) for all of my good grades.

I should mention that the only place it could rest next to the dumpster but safely out of the alley was on what appeared to be a homeless man's turd.

6/03/2007 10:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see everyone (especially Rush!) at Jerad and Katie's wedding! I am also freaking out a bit because our wedding is less than five weeks away! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I feel better now.

6/04/2007 6:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeremy,
You had a busy weekend! Moving, painting, and desk-dumping. I'd forgotten all about that old desk and remember using it when we lived on Maple street. That was one fine example of the woodworking arts. It's kind of sad that it's new homey is a turd.

Enjoy your new digs and free internet!

Does anyone else have trouble signing in to this blog? I always have to use "anonymous" to publish.

HI SAM!!

Dad-Kevin

6/04/2007 6:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh! A new blog, long and to hard for me to digest just yet, I have a headache this morning, to much wine last night at this party, they had a "bar keep" and he kept filling my wine glass! I asked him if he could come work for us and be at my beckon call!

I was so excited though to see that Sam listed me and Kevin before Kelly this time, guess we are moving on up! Sorry Jill, what did you do to Sam?

Hey Sam! Love ya lots,THATS WHY!!

6/04/2007 6:54 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Congrats on your new apartment and semi-new desk Jeremy. Good job painting your furniture, black is my favorite furniture color. Of course I sand the edges a little after I'm done to give it that shabby-chic/flea market look. I better go paint now...cause thats what I do...

6/04/2007 8:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam, Sam, Sam. The reason you don't want to see me at the wedding is because you are secretly in love with me and don't want to admit it. Thats OK. Your father has been fighting the same emotion for years now. It's a curse I have learmed to live with.

Jerms.....can't wait to see you in 4 days. Bring the turd with you. Oh wait. Lynn is already here.

Great Aunt Jill

6/04/2007 8:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill. Don't talk about Erica like that.

:P

6/04/2007 8:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a serious note. Rachel, I have a question re: my furniture painting. My bookshelves are crappy particle board with cheap laminate. Erica and I sanded the shelves, applied some Kilz primer and painted with a semi-gloss enamel.

Is there some sort of finishing coat I need to put on it? All my internet research suggests I'm finished with this project, but I was wondering if I needed to put some sort of topcoat on it.

Thanks,
Jerms

6/04/2007 8:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and I'm off work today because my brain is exploding with sinus infection and allergies. So I may be asking home-improvement questions all day.

6/04/2007 8:44 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Jerms,
I would absolutely spray on a clear coat of poly. It will help prevent scratching, water rings, etc. Spray is easiest, but you can also wipe it on like a stain (or if you have stain, that will work too).

6/04/2007 4:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not a turd!

HI SAMMY!!

6/05/2007 11:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY CARP! 31 days till our wedding!!!!! We are so ready! We are going to get our marriage license on Monday! YEAH!

6/06/2007 6:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE exclamation points!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6/06/2007 6:36 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

I can't wait to party this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6/06/2007 8:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a shout out to Grandpa Denny! We love you!

6/07/2007 8:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you dad.

6/07/2007 2:30 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

I had some chocolate in honor of Grandpa Denny today...he would have loved the blog!

6/07/2007 4:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey everyone! Good to hear everyone is excited about this weekend, I could use a night of fun, food, booze, shakin' my groove thing, and like Becs, CAKE! In the form of cupcakes!!!

Big D would love to be having some chocolate right now, though maybe he is........ Snickers and Rollos were his favorite. Kev, remember Dad eating chocoate stars all of the time? I miss him, too. They say it gets easier when someone dies, and it does, but I miss him more and more all of the time, especially at my kids milestones. But I know he will be at the weddings!! Right by the cake tables!!!!!!!!!!! I love exclamation points too, sarah!!!!!!!!
Sam, we will miss you this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill

6/07/2007 5:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the chocolate stars too! And his cherry and pecan ice cream...(I remember thinking it was ice cream for old people because there was fruit in it!!!).

One of my favorite memories of grandpa is when I was spending the night and I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Grandpa was asleep in his recliner with an open bag of M & M's "watching" TV.

Every time I go back to Grandma's I can see Grandpa in that spot, especially at night. I smile and say hi and I love you. He'll always be with us.

6/07/2007 10:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, Rach that made me teary...I loved staying in Jill's old room, they would leave the door open at night and I could see the blue from the TV...and Grandpa would be asleep in his chair and earlier in the night we would eat popcorn, made in that awesome pot that Grandma has, and watch Dallas and Knots Landing!

6/08/2007 7:56 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

CONGRATS KATIE AND JARED! Thanks for a great party over the weekend. Thanks also to Sue and Mike for the hospitality and all the alcohol, it was an awesome weekend! I have some really great pictures...

Sam, have fun in Spain! I'm totally jealous of you!

6/10/2007 3:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, how did you post this so fast, we barely got back home?! But I agree, the whole weekend was super fantastic, Mike and Sue are the hostess with the mostess, the weather was grand and seeing all the bloggers was great, especially seeing Baby Rush, he is a cutie pie! See yas all soon on 7/07/07!

Hi Sam, Do as the Romans do in Spain. Is that the right saying?

6/10/2007 3:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks alot Rach, I am sitting here typing through my tears. I even forgot about that ice cream! Cherry chip nut! His absolute favorite flavor! Thank you for reminding me of that.

Had alot of fun this weekend! My whole body aches from shaking my groove thing. Sam, you would have loved seeing me do that! Or maybe you would have vomited. Who knows.

Jerms and Erica......I wish I could have visited more with you two!

Sam and Tom.....wish you could have ben here.

Becs... IT is something like "when in Rome, do as the Romans" so to sam it is "When in Spain, do as the Spanyards"

To Kev it is "When in a bar, drink all you possibly can"

To Jill it is "When in life, be the bestest, kindest, most beautiful girl ever. " I try to live by that.

Jill

6/10/2007 6:21 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Beckyronilicious, um hi, I'm your daughter Rachel...as you can see by the name "Rachel" above my post, just like in the last one I posted in which you thought it was Sarah! Put on your reading glasses lady!

Oh, and the "romans in spain" comment gave Josh and I a really good, long laugh!!!!

Jill, Josh said he and Bryson talked about world domination and bomb making during the reception. Just kidding, they were playing "I spy"

6/10/2007 8:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared and Katie's wedding was a blast! I love watching my cousins, Jerms, Chris and Jared burn up the dance floor...Chris and Jeremy have way better moves now than they did back in the catholic school dance days...remember those?! I was always like..."Those cool guys dancing are my cousins..." I have always been SO proud to be a Holbrook...just so you all know...I will be kinda sad giving up my name, but I am excited too....

BTW Chris, do you plan on videotaping at that party on 7-7-07 at 7PM? I heard it would be a good party.....

Jill and Lynn...I expect you on the dance floor IMMEDIATELY after the Mother/Son dance...so start drinking right away...maybe even before the ceremony, so that you are all ready to shake your groove thing...

Lauren...I can't wait to see you in your princess dress!

Erica...It was nice to meet you. I think you should stick around and get Jerms to the wedding if you can...."What Is Love" wouldn't be the same without him!

Sam, we missed you, but you'll be home soon! Yeah! Bring me back something Spanish!

Chris and Kesi...Rush is such a cutie! See you at the wedding!

Mike and Sue...thanks for the good time!

Ummm...I'd like to also thank the academy....ummmm...I think that is all for now!

6/10/2007 8:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes what a fabulous time we had in Quincy! Wonderful parties hosted by Mike and Sue, the beautiful wedding of two great people, the super reception, getting to see handsome baby Rush, and seeing family and friends. I didn't get to talk to everyone as much as I'd hoped, but I had a super time.

HI SAM!! Have a safe trip to Spain and take as many sight-seeing trips as you can. Remember to take lots of pictures!

Dad-Kevin

6/11/2007 7:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Rach, but you can only imagine how tired I was when typing the on the blog last night, Jill my body is still aching too, burn baby burn! hahahahah

Sarah your blog was the best so far, I think you covered everyone so I ditto that too.

Oh and if you have forgotten what Sam wrote on this blog go back and read, THAT is WHY I can say what I want to say even if it is wrong, THATS WHY, and just maybe there are some Romans in Spain!! well, we know there is a Missourian there now!

6/11/2007 7:34 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

The rain in missouri falls mainly on my house...how long is it suppose to rain today????

6/11/2007 8:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FOOOOORRRRREEEEEVVVVVVEEEEERRRRR. And that is good too because it makes the golf courses nice and green and fluffy. I like a golf course that is nice and green and fluffy.

6/12/2007 4:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

update on Sam, he call us at 10pm on Wednesday night, it was 5am in Spain, he had just gotten there, they had to make a stop in Kentucky. He had to help load propellers to the chopper that was aboard, gosh, must be one huge plane to have a helicopter in it too!

6/13/2007 10:37 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Sam gets to do the coolest stuff!

6/14/2007 8:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably a cargo plane that Dave works with, Bec. Remember, you were in one. You could set a house in one. It probably held two coppers.

6/14/2007 9:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spurs win!

Uncle Bruce gets his 4th championship ring. We just need to repeat.

6/15/2007 6:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin was watching that game last night, he was wondering if Bruse was there? Have all of the Mike Holbrook family recovered from last weekend? Hard to believe it has been a week already! Have a relaxing weekend everyone!

HELLO TO SAM IN SPAIN! Where the Romans are!

6/15/2007 7:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Romans were from ROME...

6/15/2007 7:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that was her attempt at a joke...

Becky: "how come no body gets my jokes?"

6/15/2007 8:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny line of the day:

(An article about advertising toward children, specifically food)

Regarding a recent decision by Kellogs to drop child-geared advertising, Lew Rockwell writes:

"So instead of Tony the Tiger, kids can now look forward to ads for muesli and dried bananas, touted by some tree hugger in a bike helmet."

I love how he includes "bike helmet" as a descriptor.

Here is a bit of irony (or hypocracy). One of my associates lambasted another for not wearing her helmet when riding her bike (which he does). However, the the same guy does not wear a helmet when he rides his scooter! It sounds like something Hillary Clinton or Rudy Giuliani would do.


Save limited government:
Vote Ron Paul!

6/15/2007 8:18 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

I have a bike helmet! And I love trees and dried apricots. I don't usually go around hugging trees though...

6/15/2007 10:23 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

PS. my bike helmet has a place for my ponytail...so cool!

6/15/2007 10:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are there that many people landing on their heads to necessitate the general use of helmets? In grade school, I had numerous bicycle accidents (usually bike tag, ramps, stunts, etc.), but I never landed on my head.

I shouldn't kid about it too much; because some bored Chicago or Berkley leftist (or Rudy Giuliani)will push for helmets on soccer and basketball players. Mark my words, mandatory bicycle helmets will become law. Thus are the effects of "democracy."

As H.L. Mencken observed:

"Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey-cage."

and

"No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby."

and

"Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."

and

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance."

and

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

but his best is

"All government, of course, is against liberty."



Mencken quotes are the best... well most of them - he was an atheist.


Here are a few for the ladies:

"Women always excel men in that sort of wisdom which comes from experience. To be a woman is in itself a terrible experience."

"When women kiss it always reminds one of prize fighters shaking hands."

"Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another."

For Kevin and Beckaronilicious:
"Husbands never become good; they merely become proficient."


For Tom:
"Conscience is a mother-in-law whose visit never ends."

For Jeremy:
"A judge is a law student who marks his own examination papers."

Good stuff

6/15/2007 12:29 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

I wear a bicycle helmet not because I "have to" I wear one because of the idiots on the road who don't know how to drive. I'll take my chances with the helmet, it is light, and I barely notice it.

I have a quote for Chris...its from Queen...

"I love to ride my bicycle, I love to ride my bike"

Not everything needs to be a deep political discussion.

6/15/2007 1:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not so confident, I'm reminded of this:



SAN FRANCISCO, May 15, 2003

(CBS) "Public interest lawyer Stephen Joseph has withdrawn a lawsuit that sought to ban the sale of Oreo cookies in California.

The lawsuit, filed May 1 in Marin County Superior Court, asserted that the trans fats in Oreos, which make the filling creamy and the cookie crisp, were too dangerous for children to eat."

6/15/2007 1:47 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

The reduced fat kind too???

6/15/2007 3:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you hear about the 2 year old baby who was served a margarita today at Applebee's in the bay area of SF? Bar tender grabbed the wrong jug and the poor kid got sick. That ought to end up pretty for the Bee's. Or what about that state office that was continuously evacuated due to its agents burning popcorn in the microwave. The state office (I can't remember which) threatened to ban microwave popcorn throughout the building. I swear this is serious, it was on MSN. It totally could have been a spoof on the Daily Show just as easily.

6/15/2007 5:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom I did hear that this office building was going to ban microwave popcorn. I should have you know that QMG (Quincy Medical Group, where I worked for 3 1/2 years) banned microwave popcorn in all of their buildings. Not because of it setting off alarms but because the smell of it is so strong that the Board, CEO, whoever decided that since they are treating sick people, they don't need those sick people vomiting in the waiting rooms.

I was very pleased to hear this when I started there because I can't stand the smell or taste of popcorn. The only popcorn I like is marshmallow popcorn!!! Jerms can tell you how fantastic this stuff is.

6/15/2007 5:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone out there where your bike helmets, "THATS WHY"! I am sure all mothers will agree!

I had read that popcorn with butter is the problem, something about when you open it that first smell can be bad for yas, there is a plant here that makes butter popcorn and several people got lung cancer from it, so guess they are just being conscious.

I am not riding my bike this morning, :-( we are going M.O. B. shoe shopping!

Take care everyone, wear those helmets proudly, I feel like I am from space or another odd place when I wear mine!

Yes, I was joking aobut Romans being in Spain, GOSH! you people are slow to my jokes!

6/16/2007 6:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: Bike Helmets

The other day, I went to Guitar Center to purchase my very first Gig and Recording Amp and Monitor Modulation Attenuator (GRAMMA). It's just a speaker stand for a Subwoofer that takes the vibration out of the floor and walls. But I like saying Modulation Attenuator.

Anyway, on the way back to the train, I saw my first bike accident. This lady on a bike pulled the biggest Chicago bike riding mistake: she crossed a busy three way intersection in the cross-walk instead of staying in the street (with the autos). So when a car turned left and she sped through the crosswalk on her bike, the car didn't expect a bike speeding through and hit her.

I've never seen anything like it. Her bike when underneath the car---which slammed on its brakes as it hit her, so it wasn't moving that fast. But she went about five feet in the air and 8 feet away from the car. It was amazing. She flew in the air and landed on her back. Of course when she landed on her back, the back of her head banged the the pavement. Disgusting sound.

15 people came to her aid and the car pulled over. He was in shock. She didn't move for about 4 minutes. Everyone was pretty scared. But she got up eventually and was fine. She walked real funny.

Keep wearing helmets if you are riding bikes with cars.

But really, I want to impart this knowledge---FOLLOW THE LAWS AND REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO RIDE IN THE STREET WITH THE TRAFFIC FOLLOWING THE TRAFFIC LAWS! That way cars know what you are going to do! They can't see you speeding down a side walk and crossing in a crosswalk. They are expecting to see slow moving pedestrians. If you are too scared to cross intersections with traffic: GET OFF YOUR BIKE AND WALK IT ACROSS THE CROSS WALK.

I hope the driver is not ticketed or otherwise considered at fault in this accident.

6/16/2007 10:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That lady is lucky she didn't have major brain damage...scary! Like I said, I'll stick with the bike helmet.

6/16/2007 5:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like riding on the streets, too dangerous, I will stick with bike routes, I have a bike rack that transport me and my bike to these places, we have several here in SPFLD.

A little tension here in "Bride Land" but we are forging forward, nothing can stop us now!

YEAH! Sam gets home here Thursday at 7:30pm!! YIPPIE!

6/18/2007 7:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heeeeelp me!!! Someone save me, I am TRAPPED IN BRIDELAND!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

6/18/2007 4:10 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

I'm looking forward to the Bachelorette Party this weekend...should be fun! I'm planning as I write! I am looking forward to having the wedding over and the speech over and just enjoying the reception. Better get me my own bottle of wine!

6/18/2007 9:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to Thursday and seeing my son!! YEAH!! I am leaving to pick Sam up at 6:45pm on Thursday if Sarah and Rach want to go let me know.

And, weather looks good for a long bike ride tonight, YEAH! LIFE IS GOOD! ENJOY YOUR DAY!

6/19/2007 7:04 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Kesi,
Cute pics of Rush! Thanks for sharing!

6/19/2007 12:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If we're lucky, I'll have footage of Rod and Rachel doing a little "Hammer Time."

6/19/2007 1:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. Sarah, what is your e-mail address so I can add it to the "Rush picture" list. I don't want you to think we are hiding him away like Suri Cruise.

6/19/2007 1:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get how dry the west is... Check this out, a guy hits his ball into the rough at a Reno, NV golf course and when he tries to hit it out, he hits a rock and ignites a spark that in turn burns up 20 acres of land. No buildings were burned and no one was hurt but that is some BONE-DRY land! Don't believe me??? Read the article on msn.com.

6/19/2007 4:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kesi, send the pix to sarahandtom2007@gmail.com...that way I can sneak a peek at work. Yeah!

6/19/2007 5:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris, how do I get this gmail?

6/19/2007 7:39 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Oh my God, you got Hammer Time on camera! Scary! Not sure if I want to see that (okay, I do, but I hope its not too embarrassing).

Tom, that story about the guy golfing and starting a fire is crazy. I'm glad we have been getting lots of rain this year.

Mom, me and Trish went on a 20 mile bike ride tonight. It was a really good ride, I enjoyed it a lot. So glad I bought a bike!

6/19/2007 7:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beckaroni,

What is your e-mail address and we'll send you an invite to gmail.

Chris

6/19/2007 9:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris...are you planning to videotape at my wedding? I think we may need tape of Rachel dancing to Thriller and Mom and Dad dancing to Pour Some Sugar on Me and Save A Horse, Ride a Cowboy...it may come in handy in the future....

6/20/2007 5:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure Sarah, I can record the event.

6/20/2007 6:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, be sure and grab some white gloves for the "Thriller" song! Chris, Rach is going to send me gmail thing, and I did not get pic's of RUSH! someone forward them to me!

Sam called last night, he is leaving Dover today! YEAH! Will be flying out of Denver tomorrow and landing here about 7:30pm!

Hello Jill, are you there?

Good ride last night Rach, how are your legs doing today? and your butt ox?

6/20/2007 7:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just saw pic's of Rush, SOOOOOOOO CUTE! The third one down should be put in a magazine or something, really good shot of him.

6/20/2007 7:16 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Mom, for your information my "butt ox" is fine. I'm not sore at all today...probably because I am a finely tuned work of art! Ha ha. I really just have a lot of padding in my "butt ox".

6/20/2007 8:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beckaroni,

Once you get your gmail address, let us know so we can add you to the Rush pics list.

Kesi

6/20/2007 11:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is everyone? I'm at home all day long and there has been nothing for awhile. I'm sure when I go back to work and check my e-mail then there are 25 comments made in an hour!
Becky, what is your regular e-mail address so I can add it to our list?

6/22/2007 1:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kesi, Sam is home, so not much need for me to get online since I can talk face to face to him right now! We are busy with wedding stuff and I need a nap. Kesi, is it safe to put my e-mail out there for all to see? Have a good weekend. C yas all soon!

6/22/2007 3:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kesi, I'll send you mom's address...so we can be "safe"

6/22/2007 4:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky you are way too paranoid. Sarah, Kevin already e-mailed me Becky's e-mail address so now I can sell her e-mail address to all of the crap and will register her to win tons of free prizes!

6/22/2007 5:23 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Tomorrow night is Sarah's bachlorette party! Woohoo! We are going to the mudlounge which is my favorite bar in Springfield. There is no smoking and quieter music and lots of leather couches to sit on. Plus they have beer from EVERYWHERE! My favorite is a Belgium beer called "froiboise" it is raspberry flavored and very yummy. Tastes more like a carbonated wine than beer. Anyway...should be a fun night!

6/22/2007 9:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a great time at my bachelorette party! Thanks to Rachel, Mom, Trisha and our friend Amanda for getting it all together and for the fun gifts! We didn't get wild...but we had a very good time...still thinking about getting that tatoo....hmmmm.

6/24/2007 8:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or that tattoo...

6/24/2007 8:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

10 days! 10 days! 10 days! WHOO HOO!

6/27/2007 6:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOSH, DO NEW BLOG SAM!!!
Love, Dad

6/27/2007 2:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev, if Sam is home, why do you still communicate via blog?

Hey, what is the name of the restaurant that Sam loves that has great chicken tenders?

Sarah, hows it going? Jittery? It is so exciting! By the way, will Bird's hair be the same price to up-do as the others even though she has a little head?

Can't wait to see all you Mark's to par-tay!!!!!!

Jill

6/27/2007 4:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I blog Sam because I don't see him so much when he's home. hahaha

Cheddars is the place with the best chicken tenders. mmmmm good!

Another great place for you to eat at while you're here is Casper's. Becky loves that place!! She always dresses up to go there.

CYA soon.
Love, Kev

6/28/2007 6:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin is joking about Caspers! It is a hole in the wall! ICK! Besides Kevin, Caspers closes for the summer months.

UMI is the next best resturant! hmmmm, sushi! You Quincy folks should try it.

Have a good day everyone!

6/28/2007 7:01 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

yeah, Umi's is yummy! We are going sometime this weekend. YEAH!

6/28/2007 8:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Quincy person is planning on eating ALL meals at Becky's! What about the rest of you. Don't you think we should ALL just invite ourselves?

6/28/2007 8:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sam, (Since he doesn't seem to care about us bloggers anymore would someone please communicate this message to him,)
My deepest sympathies go out to you and Tako for his arthritic jaw. I guess munching on too many weenies can do that to a person. Just ask Lynn, she's had jaw problems since she was 16. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !!!!!!

Thanks for the Cheddars info! Bryson LOVES chicken fingers and I think I'll have Lynn take him there Friday night.

9 days Sarah and Tom!!!! Whoo Hooo!

Love, Jill

6/28/2007 8:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi it is me, Bryson G. Dennis. I can't wait til Sarah and Tom's reception, and eat cake and break dance. And I am going to Miner Mike's. See you all soon!

By Bryson

6/28/2007 10:35 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Can I skip the rehearsal and go with Lynn and Bryson to Cheddars? I'm pretty sure I know what I am doing anyway...

6/28/2007 11:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel, You must adhere to my strict schedule. Rehearsal at 5. Rehearsal Dinner at 6. If all goes well, I will allow you to go home and sleep at around 1AM after I have gone through every detail of the wedding day with you.

Or we'll go to Cheddar's and have margaritas...Bryson can drive us home.

6/28/2007 7:28 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

I like plan B, or Plan A plus alcohol! Lots and lots of alcohol!

6/28/2007 8:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bryson, can I go to miner mikes with you? PLEEEEEAAASE??? I am trapped in Brideland and I can't move!!!! Someone please save me!!!!

6/28/2007 9:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah, is Tom in line for the new IPHONE? I heard he canceled some flights to Hawaii?

Sushi Saturday night ok with everybody? hmmmmmm can't wait.

Mom, we are feeding everyone on Saturday night!! You can have your pretzels, peanuts and CAKE!

Everyone there is a detour to our house so watch for it, call if any problems, but don't call me I am bad at directions!

6/29/2007 6:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I will drive all of you home, if you break dance at the reception with me.

Bryson


Have a good wedding at the church when I'm a flower girl with all your hope. I hope you enjoy the wedding, it's mine only hope. (As quoted by Lauren)
Love, Lauren, the flower girl

6/29/2007 7:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Susan, I'll see you at the wedding.
Love, Donnie Harris

6/29/2007 7:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No sushi for this woman. Been there, done that, tried it. YUCK! Think of something better than that Becky. In case Peg and I get lost, have a nice wedding week end. Help, we are lost on I-44 and can't get out!

SAM, ANOTHER BLOG PLEASE!

6/29/2007 8:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Grandma D., no sushi for me either!! I prefer my fish to be deep fried in the form of shrimp or catfish fillets!

I wonder what Becs is preparing for us? Hmmmmmmmm...........can't wait! I'm already hungry!

Becs, why are you not replying to my emails?

Jill

6/29/2007 1:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill, I have been replying to my e-mails, are you doing the gmail one? I don't know where to go to get them?

Bec is having the wedding lunch catered, having sandwiches, some kinda of pasta salad, chips, veggie tray and chips, walla, LUNCH!

6/29/2007 4:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 steps. Call Caterer to order food. Wait for food to be delivered. Viola! "Becky's" lunch.

6/29/2007 8:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a call today that was crushing...Jillie called to say that (sniff-sniff) the heart shaped cookie cutter she and Lynnie were using to make my dog treat favors, broke! NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
In between sobs, I asked Aunt Jillie to cut them by hand. And they must be perrrfect. Also, she is taking Lauren in for dentures. She has a few teeth missing...we wouldn't want THAT in my pretty pictures!

6/29/2007 8:42 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Anybody else seen Sicko? I'd like to hear opinions!

Went to Umi's over the weekend with the family. Yummy yummy! Trisha enjoyed our favorite sushi spot too!

Sam's new car is spiffy. I haven't seen him drive it too much yet, but it sure looks good. I'm just glad it isn't me with the car payment!

Only a few more days til the big party! Can't wait to see everybody!

7/01/2007 9:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm blogging just so I could be the 100th post. Nothing else much to say. See (most everyone) soon!

Good guy movies I've seen lately:
--Ocean's 13 (the story is a stretch, but it's entertaining)
--Shooter (extremely good man-movie)

We Springfield guys are going out Tuesday night to eat hot wings and see the new Bruce Willis Die Hard movie---can't wait to see this one. It's been getting great reviews.


Kevin

7/02/2007 10:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are us Springfield Women doing Tuesday night when the guys take Tom out? Lets go see a chic flick, has anyone seen "Knocked Up"?

7/02/2007 4:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MY BAD! Happy Birthday yesterday Chris!! Hope it was a fun one, but you already have the best gift ever, RUSH! See you guys soon.

7/03/2007 7:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mega Dittis to Chris! Happy birthday! I am going to buy all of your drinks at the reception! Give that boy a kiss from me!

G.A. Jill

7/04/2007 7:49 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Today is the day! CONGRATS Tom and Sarah!

7/07/2007 8:13 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Good party Sarah and Tom! Sam, I think your next blog should be all about your drunken night after the wedding! Teehee!

Jill, we have Lauren's yellow and pink dress...would you like us to mail that back for you?

Can't wait to see all the pics and video everyone took! Let's all share!

Love you Sarah and Tom! Have fun in Maui!

7/08/2007 8:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to give a HUGE thank you to everyone for welcoming me to the family! Everything was awesome and I couldn't have asked for better! It is so cool to see team work at such a large scale. Everyone who could help did help and man, was it fun or what??!! Now it is time to pack our bags and fly off to paradise for some sun and leisure! I can't wait! Bring on the Mai Tais!!!!

7/09/2007 6:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH...for traveling, for helping, for making our wedding fantastic! We love you all! See you in a couple weeks!!!!

OH...and Tom's aunt Debi said she was NOT the boob flopper....Rod, did you get that on video?!

7/09/2007 7:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We want to Thank all you bloggers out there for traveling to the wedding, we hope you all enjoyed yourself! Kevin is back at work, but I took another day off! Not laying around though, still lots of stuff to do, taking back the to many plates and cups I had bought and putting away the to much soda I bought, but hey, all the food is gone, had the opening gifts party last night and finished off everything except a bit of CAKE! Thanks Again, where is the next party?

Sarah and Tom you make a fantastic couple, have fun in Hawaii, Rach and I will be thinking of you as we sit by the pool.

7/09/2007 8:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful wedding and reception. When Tom cried as Sarah came down the aisle, it made the day. Did not Sunday morning breakfast just beat all? Theresa and I looked at each other and I said to her, "just look what we've started?". Very seriously she gave me a nod and said, "yes". We had such a great time even if this old gal couldn't get up and dance this time. ( bad hip and leg ). I didn't get to see the boob flopper darn it, but did see some gal gyrating against my son in law Bill who had a very red face and with Peg just looking on with her mouth wide open. Never did figure out just who she was, a guest of someone. I had a lot of fun and laughs the whole week end and darn it I didn't get to one shopping store. Thanks Bec and Kev for being the host and hostess with the most est. Who knows if this word is right, spell check did it!

Oh yes, and then we had our hero staying up all night with the desk clerk to keep her safe! What a guy! Little Rush was beautiful, saw Kesi from a distance and didn't get to say hi to her so "hi" Kesi. You've got a beautiful son.

7/09/2007 10:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Grandma D, we think he's pretty cute too! He's now been to two wedding receptions and slept through both of them. What a great kid!
Tom & Sarah, congratulations on becoming a married couple. We had a blast in Springfield, but I'm sad to say that we won't be making any more long trips for quite awhile. Little Rush has done more traveling in his eight weeks of life than most people do in their entire lives. People are going to have to come see us now!!!
Kesi

7/09/2007 6:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey everyone! Thanks to the Springfielder's for all of their hospitality over the past weekend! We had a blast with you and the Marks family, it is so much fun to all be together like that, especially out of town! The hotel was like a big family reunion, without the boring fammly members and bad food.

Sam....I hope you are feeling better by now, although I would have like to have seen you feeling pretty good Sat. night.

Sarah and Tom, my apologies for Lauren's aisle mishap. ha Ha Ha Ha That is one for the memory books!

Rachel.....loved the coconut boobs! And just keep lauren's dress til someone comes to Quincy.

Lets see....who is the next to get married????????

Love to you all, JIll

7/10/2007 3:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missy is the next getting married on my side, it will be a blast too! Hey, you all can send me any pics and videos you took anytime, I am anxious to see it from all angles!

Sam is leaving on Friday, :( takes me a few days to get used to him being gone , but thankfully Trish is here with me this time, we are planning to keep busy with biking, going to the pool, eating and going to a movie. Take care, and Thanks again for coming to our big event. Oh, and I heard from the honeymooners just as they were getting ready to board their flight to Hawaii! How Fun is that??

7/11/2007 7:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike and I saw the pictures Jared took last night. He is waiting to buy some photo editing software before he shows them or sends them to the rest of the family. He really has some great shots of everyone. Becky you will be very pleased! There are a couple of pictures we may need to hold for the highest bidder - there are a couple of Jill that are PRICELESS! Oh and Kevin catching his wife giving his mother Jell-o shot is one for the ages! We are all hoping Sam is feeling better - amazing how the flu can hit someone so suddenly. We always have fun when the Holbooks and Marcks families party. Aunt Susie

7/11/2007 9:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLBROOKS! I misspelled HOLBROOK!!!!

Sue

7/11/2007 9:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, I kept seeing Jared taking pic's all night long, I kept wanting to ask him where he got that fancy camera? Was it a wedding gift? Is he starting a new profession? Do I need to screen the pic's before everyone else sees them?

7/11/2007 5:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO SCREENING, Becky! I, also am anxious to see them! I loved our Sunday morning get together at the motel! I understood we kind of made on resident mad, but she wasn't family! oh, well, that's the way it goes when the Holbrook's and Marcks get together.

7/11/2007 8:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you all paid for those rooms too, she was probably jealous! We were glad too to see all of you guys off, kinda nice to be the ones that doesn't have to travel!

7/12/2007 7:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beckaronilicous, I'll work on the wedding DVD when my paper is finished. I need to write a critique of Friedrich Hayek's "The Road to Serfdom" this weekend.

Do Sarah and Tom like Napoleon Dynamite? I could use some ideas for the DVD.

7/12/2007 7:35 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Chris,
Sarah and Tom's favorite shows are "The Wonder Years", "Roseanne", and Sarah loves "Golden Girls". I don't know if that helps any...

Cute pics of Rush Kesi sent today! He's growing too fast!

7/12/2007 8:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Chris, when ever you can get to it is fine, good luck with that paper and have fun being SUPER DAD, I think that is awesome that you will be able to stay home with Rush. I think Sarah and Tom like Napoleon Dynamite? We all do here! I loved the poster at Jared and Katie's Wedding dinner, I hope whoever it belonged to holds on to it for whenever Sam gets married,that is his all time favorite movie.

7/12/2007 5:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK MR. SAM, before you get too busy would you please put a new blog on. Not a long one but just one to get started. Thank you much, Granny D

7/17/2007 8:23 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Ditto!

7/17/2007 4:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TO LATE MOM, SAM IS BUSY WITH THE INCOMING SOON TO BE CADETS!

7/17/2007 5:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update on Tom and Sarah, they are going up on a helicopter today! They are enjoying ever minute of being in Hawaii, Sophie is missing her mom and dad! It will be nice to be back to just one dog in the house, Lynn how do you do it???

7/18/2007 7:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bec, if I could put up with 6 kids at one time, surely two dogs wouldn't be that much trouble. Besides what kind of trouble could poor old Kelly get into. Now that live wire Sophie might be a different story. And Bec, no excuse for that "Golden" boy of yours!

7/18/2007 8:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Holbrook Family from the Blickhan Family!!

If anyone talks to Pat or Dennis would you let them know we have their pillow they left at the hotel? Thanks!

Sam, don't be too hard on those Cadets...remember when you were in that position.

Kevin & Becky, thanks for taking such good care of our daughter Trisha. (however, please no more bike falls and PLEASE don't let her hanging over any more guard rails)

To all, enjoy what is left of the summer.

7/18/2007 2:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home