I'm Back
I'm finally back. It took a while after getting back to the Academy to get my new Internet stuff set up. Actually, I got it done Monday but I've been too busy and/or lazy to write anything.
Congrats to Sarah and Tom! Good, now that that is out of the way, not much is going on here. Today was the second day for the Basics to come through...and they are officially dumber than dirt. I'm mean really, all they have to do is follow some simple commands and not point the gun at me, but no. They insist on sucking at life and stealing oxygen from others. There are some of them that I really believe should not be allowed to pro-create, and this is only after about an hour with them!
I had a blast on leave this year. Sarah and Tom's wedding was a blast. I had a pretty good time in case you hadn't noticed. Oh well. So is life. They're still in Hawaii as of this writing so I hope they keep having a good time. I've heard about the snorkeling and parasailing and helicopter ride so far. Sounds way better than the Academy and mouth-breather Basics with pinkeye.
I drove back to Colorado with Dad and it was pretty fun. It was a long drive (for us)...about 12 hours including stops and whatnot. I was glad that Dad got to stay for a little bit. We had a good time hanging out at the hotel and eating ice cream and P.F. Chang's. It was also pretty fun getting lost in the mountains thanks to dear old Mom. We were supposed to find this cabin place, but the directions Mom gave us were for heading FROM the cabin to the Academy, not the other way around. We never could find the place, and neither could the locals. But the best part is that Mom had directions from the Academy to the cabin (which we needed), but didn't give them to us! Oh well. I love you anyway Mom.
That's about it from here. Working CATM (Combat Arms Training and Maintanence) is pretty boring. We get to the range around 8:00 and then put out targets, ammo, magazines, and safety glasses. That takes about 45 minutes...then we sit around until lunch at 11:00. Yeah, it's kind of boring but it's a lot better than having to sweat it out with the Basics by the tents and stuff. We usually get done around 3:30 so that's nice too.
I'll let you all get to your jibber-jabber now. Later.

92 Comments:
The mouth breathers that Sam is referring to must be from South Dakota because we have a high percentage of them. In fact, we work with a lot of them.
7/18/2007 4:11 PM
I married one. ;)
Where's my WT aunt?
7/18/2007 4:40 PM
Chris are you calling me a mouth breather?
7/19/2007 6:52 AM
I think he did Kesi!
7/19/2007 7:59 AM
Hey Chris, here's one of you WT Aunts. I wish I could talk longer, but I have to get back to shoveling the floor of my trailer house. At least I am not a mouth breather........
HI SAMMY!!!!! Go easy on those cadets, you were one of those poor #@&%@*!# at one time!
WT Jill
7/19/2007 2:08 PM
Hey Chris! Your WT Aunt has been baking doggie cookies and trying to get all our tax and payroll info out. Sammy, please have some Svedka ready for me when I come to visit you! I also 3 mouth breathers at home. Fun! As for all you WT'S out there I bid you farewell for now
HI SAMMY!!!!
(oh, I guess i shouldn't have yelled) hahahahaha
7/19/2007 3:27 PM
Ok,I admit it, I am slow, What does WT stand for? We are without internet at this time, I am using Trish's lap top and stealing someone's wi-fi in the neighborhood? We are changing providers and wont be back online till Monday! But hey, I like this lap top stuff, I could come on the deck and have free internet, might get a bit cold when winter comes though!
Another boring weekend here, Trish is off for fun in the sun in Osage Beach with a couple of high school classmates, my biking friend is out of town too. Sarah and Tom will be sleeping all day, Kevin will be busy with Man stuff, hmmmmm, Rach up for a bike ride?
Hi Sam, Have fun crusing this weekend! Gosh, not sure how to right click to check my spelling? How do you right click on a lap top? Oh well, live with my mistakes till now. AKA Beckaroni/MOM
7/19/2007 7:06 PM
Hey Mom...I'm sad to say I won't be cruising around this weekend. I have to work for then next 9 days straight...I do get to come in late on Tuesday, but that's it. I'll be down at the range with the Basics or cleaning rifles or whatever for a while with no full days off. It kind of sucks, but it is way better than have to work Flight staff (the guys with the basics pretty much 24/7). Oh well, talk to you later
7/19/2007 7:16 PM
WT is "White Trash" mom
7/19/2007 8:21 PM
Hey Becs! Sorry I haven't written for a while, I am so busy all of the time and I hate it! I want my old life back! I asked mom what she wants for her birthday and she said "around the house work hours", but since Kev is not here to provide that for her, she would like a JC Penny gift card. I hope you get some biking in this lovely weekend!
Welcome back honeymooners.....can't wait to hear about your trip!!!!!
Rach, wish us luck at the "huge" show in Golden this weekend!
Jill
7/20/2007 2:28 PM
We're bAACCkkkk! Had a great time...I am sure pix will be sent 'round next week...I'm going to bed!!!!
7/21/2007 2:44 AM
Hi All, I am still w/0 internet! I am at Rach's this time using her lap top, in the cool air-co, a bit hot to sit on the deck.
Jill, thanks for the the JCPenny gift card idea, I will be getting her that.
Sam, after talking with Nathan;s mom, you do have it way better, Nathan was horse from yelling a the Basics, she said his job is to week out the weak ones, and yes, there is a booklet on how to do this!
We had a good weekend, went to Dream Land Friday night, so love it there at night with all the pretty lights, Thanks Kevin, I enjoyed our "Date Night"
The newlyweds are home from their Honeymoon, we had a fun night Saturday night hearing about their trip and watching movie tapes.
Hoping to be back online tomorrow night! Talk to ya all real soon, I HOPE!
7/22/2007 3:04 PM
Ok, I need to correct a word in my last post, still dont know how to use spell check on a lap top!
When I said week out, I ment weed out! Tootles!
7/22/2007 3:06 PM
So, life is finally back to normal for those of us in Springfield...well as normal as we get anyway. Sarah and Tom got back on Saturday and we spent the evening watching videos and talking about Maui...sorry I fell asleep during the video! The McCubbins brought me back a pretty red sarong and some magnets (my fridge is getting full of magnets from places I've never been!)
We are planning on going to Vegas in February to celebrate Sam's 21st birthday, Mom and Dad's 30th anniversary, and Dad's 50th birthday...so I'll be able to get my own magnet then!
Jill and Lynn, how was the big show in Golden? Hopefully the weather was nice, not too hot! Do you guys have a tent? How did you end up "displaying your product"?
I better go check on the Zucchini bread I'm making...yummy!
7/22/2007 9:36 PM
hmmmm, hope I get some of the bread Rach! Back on my own computer tonight! YEAH! And get this, we were paying 46.00 for mediacom, and this is 14.99 for AT&T, cant tell the difference in the speed?
Well, got to go check my other sites now, probably be online till dusk!
Hi SAM!!
7/23/2007 7:24 PM
So Rush and I were bored yesterday afternoon and decided to watch me and Chris' wedding & reception DVDs. (I've never seen them all the way through yet) Guess what happened at our reception...Kevin molesting his wife...AGAIN! I thought the first time this happened was at Niki's wedding. The song wasn't "Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy" though, it was "Don't Bring Me Down." So if this is going to become a Holbrook wedding tradition, we know it happened at our wedding, Niki's, Jared's and Sarah's. The only one we are unsure about is Josh & Rachel's. Rachel, did this happen at your wedding too? I immediately started laughing when I saw it on ours!!!
7/24/2007 6:43 AM
Kesi,tis true, Kevin and I are a legend now! Hey, speaking of videos Kesi, how is Chris coming along with Sarah's? Jared, still waiting for your photos, how is that coming?
We are going to reception this Saturday same place as Sarah's, I will miss seeing all of you there!
HI SAM!
7/24/2007 7:23 AM
Kesi,
Luckily my parents were on their best behavior at my wedding. I believe they were introduced to their "dance" at your wedding...so you were lucky enough to be the first! Ha ha! I hope my parents don't spread their "dance" out past family functions. Their church friends would be shocked!
7/24/2007 8:00 AM
To be honest Beckaroni, Chris hasn't started Jared or Sarah's videos yet. He is trying to get his summer class finished first, then he'll do Jared's, then Sarah's. His fall classes start after Labor Day so I know he'll be done with both videos by then. My guess would be that he'll start on Sarah's sometime mid-August and it shouldn't take him but a couple days to complete it.
I think Kevin and Becky need to do their "dance" at the Huber family reunion next year. It would make Grandma Therese so proud!
7/24/2007 8:38 AM
Rachel, if I remember right, their church friends, ( you mom and dad ) was at Sarah's in wish your mom and dad did do their dance.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Rachel, in advance. Have a rip roaring day!
7/24/2007 12:16 PM
"which"
7/24/2007 12:17 PM
I witnessed Mom and Dad's display at my reception and it twas indeed done front and center in front of the church friends....I love that we call them "church" friends, it makes them sound holy but they are just as rowdy or more so, than Mom and Dad....one of the chicks was hitting on Tom!
7/24/2007 4:53 PM
church friends, AKA "Our Peeps" we do like to have fun! Hi Kesi, ok on Chris, thanks for the update. How is Mr.Rush doing? Have you started back to work Kesi? When is Grandma and Grandpa coming for visit? I am sure it is hard to stay away very long. Going floating on a tube this weekend, PRAY FOR ME!
7/25/2007 6:55 AM
Hello All in Blog-0-Sphere! Becs, do you have your computer up and running yet?
Happy Birthday, Rach! have lots of fun! OK, the Golden show was the worst ever, but we kinda knew that before we even went, but we thought what the heck, were not doing anything anyway. So we went, and after about 29 seconds we knew it was a big mistake. It was not the venue for us at all....there was flea market crap everywhere. We decided to pack up early and didn't go back on Sunday. Surprise surprise. We actually did better than this girl who came from Spfld, IL. who had lots of pampered pooch stuff. They didn't sell a thing. Oh well. We are off to Mendota, Il. in Aug and it has 60,000 people. We HAVE to do better there.....wish us luck!
HI SAMMY!
HI RUSHUMS!
JILL
7/25/2007 8:29 AM
Jill, what date will you be in, in Mendota, IL? We are going to Rockford, IL and spend some time with Rob and he is meeting us in Mendota. We are going on the 17th and coming back on the 21st I think it is. He'd get rid of us sooner if he could. lol
7/25/2007 9:06 AM
I started back to work on the 16th working just mornings until Aug 6. Chris works just afternoons and Aug 3 is his last day working at the university. Then he becomes SUPERDAD! Rush is doing very well. He giggles and smiles a lot now. He's a lot of fun:)
Is one of the church friends the one that made the boob appearance?
7/25/2007 9:47 AM
Kesi, My money is on a "church" flopper....
7/25/2007 4:18 PM
"NO", it was not one of my peeps with the peep show!! Maybe Chris caught it on his camera?
Yes, Jill, we are back online for only $14.99! YEAH! And it is just as fast as the $45.95 DSL from cabel!!
Any tips on tubing out there, I can use all the help I can get.
HI SAM!
7/25/2007 8:15 PM
Stay in your tube...
7/25/2007 9:16 PM
Hang on....and please wear a life jacket so we don't have to leave our tubes to fish you out of the water....
7/26/2007 5:56 AM
Hey GrandmaD! We will be in Mendota on Aug 10-12, a little earlier than you. Darn! But I bet you will have a nice time with Rob. I love to travel anywhere I can!!
JIll
7/26/2007 6:36 AM
Hey Everybody.
Happy Birtday to Rachel, Granny, and my cousin Tyler! Woohoo! Have some birthday cheer!
Oh, and I'm pretty sure they lady you are all talking about was Tom's aunt
7/26/2007 6:44 AM
yeah, no matter what Tom's Aunt Debbie says, I think it was her too!
7/26/2007 7:18 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHEL!!! HEY, MEET ME AT WORK TO GO TO LENNY'S SUB SHOP! CALL ME!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER, NOT SURE IF YOU READ THIS BUT YOUR MOM CAN GIVE YOU THE MESSAGE!
JILL, SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THERESE FROM THE BLOGGERS!!
HI SAM!!
7/26/2007 7:23 AM
Happy Birthday everybody...I think that covers it!
7/26/2007 4:34 PM
Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I had a wonderful day! Sam, we missed you at mom's house tonight, thanks for the Umi's gift card!
7/26/2007 9:16 PM
I'm Alive!! Just got back from the floating trip, it was fun, time flew by, before we knew it we were at the end and 4 hours had passed by. Funny, I had a life jacket on when we started out, but you could pretty much walk the whole way if ya wanted too. Off to the wedding reception now!
HI SAM!
7/28/2007 4:54 PM
We had an interesting day "floating"...I think it should be calling..."dragging your rear end on the bottom of a stream."
It was fun but there were some scary toothless people around, babies only in diapers, talented folk who could paddle a canoe, smoke a cigarette and hold a beer all at the same time...oh, and that hot 300+lb chick in the string bikini...Choice.
Mom's quote of the day..."Am I moving?"
7/28/2007 8:30 PM
Floating was fun, I'm glad we got done before the storm rolled in! Mom and dad are off partying at the church. She drunk called me around 9:30 to come join her...mmmmm...no thanks. I prefer to drink in the comfort of my own home, and sweatpants!
Here's a shout out to Mama Marcks, resident Grandma blogger, hope you have a very Happy Birthday on Sunday! Love you!
7/28/2007 9:35 PM
Rachel! I was not DRUNK when I called you! GOSH! Why does everyone assume that I drink to much?? Party was fun, food was good, cake was yummy!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! HAVE A GREAT DAY! EAT A PIECE OF CAKE FOR ME.
Hi Sam!
7/29/2007 5:22 AM
Hi Grandma D! I hope you have a fun birthday today. Any plans???
7/29/2007 9:57 AM
Happy Birthday Grandma D!
7/29/2007 10:52 AM
Thank you all for your birthday wishes. They were very much appreciated. Had a quiet day but did go out to lunch with Deb. I'm going out Tuesday evening with Peggy and Terry. Tubing sounded fun. Do you think Peggy could over turn a tube like she does a canoe?
7/29/2007 10:14 PM
That's a near impossibility, but Peggy can do just about anything so who knows!
7/30/2007 7:37 AM
Sam came home, Sam came home! I opened our door tonight and Sam walked into our apartment...it took me a second before I said, "Hey, You're not supposed to be here!" At first I thought he got kicked out of the Academy, but he had a smile on his face...he explained he had a few days off! Yeah! We are planning to go out for Sushi on Thursday night to say goodbye to Trish...
7/30/2007 8:39 PM
Darn Sarah, I was going to blog about Sam's surprise! Here we are me and Trish getting ready to go for a bike ride,I was waiting on Trish to check her tires, I see this black car coming though the subdivision and thinking, that SUV looks like Sam's, then the SUV pulls up to our drive way, and OH MY GOSH, it took a minute for me to register that it was really Sam, of course the first thing out of my mouth was " WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!, then I gave him a big hug. It took him 11 hours to drive here, only took a few stops to go to the bathroom. So guess you won't be hearing from Sam this week! Bye, going to open up his room to let the air-co in.
7/30/2007 9:08 PM
Oh and in case you were wondering, Trish and I still did the bike ride. When we got home we went with Sam to surprise the girls, what fun!!
7/30/2007 9:10 PM
Man, you girls are fast! I wanted to write about Sam's surprise too! Mom called me and asked if she could borrow two eggs. I checked to make sure I had them, and said okay. She said she would be over in a few minutes and then bam, the doorbell rings. There's Sam! I think I said "What are you doing here!". So good to see him, and very surprised! Plus we went out for ice cream, woohoo!
7/30/2007 9:15 PM
Hey Sammy!!! Good to hear you are at home again! Did anyone know he was coming? Have fun! I love surprises!!
Auntie Jill
7/31/2007 3:39 PM
No Jill! He did not tell a soul, at first I thought Rach knew cause earlier in the day she asked me if we wanted to go have Sushi on Thursday night?
It is good seeing him again so soon, I was starting to miss him again, funny though, I think a girl may be the reason for the trip?
7/31/2007 3:42 PM
Hey Becs! I was wondering if the girl had anything to do with his trip.....Hmmmmmmmm
However, I will have to kick Sam's buns for not telling anyone, what if something happened to him and no one knew he was missing? It's hard being a God Mother!!!!!!!!!
Have lots of fun together!!
Jill
8/01/2007 12:16 PM
I was thinking the same thing Jill!
And what if Mom and Dad got a wild hair to go see him and they ended up in the Springs and Sam ended up here!!!!
8/01/2007 5:26 PM
Yep, he has been told not to do this again w/o no one knowing. I bet the long trip back is going to be hard on him. Sam and Kevin went to see the Simpons Movie tonight, and guess where Sam is at now? Yep, you guessed it, he is at Amanda's house., Love is in the air here!
8/01/2007 8:18 PM
Hey Becs! Speaking of Kev.....does he not know how to type anymore???
Jill
8/02/2007 3:46 PM
He has been very busy at work, meetings, dead lines, UGH! So glad I am not as important as he is!
8/02/2007 5:07 PM
Had a nice farewell dinner for Trish last night, "SUSHI"
Double farewell , Sam heads back Saturday. Trish presented me and Kevin with a gift of Toilet Paper, Laundry Detergent, Laundry Softener, and Shower Spray! and the best of all a gift card to our favorite hang out and a bottle of wine with a biking lady on it, neat ya? Thanks Trish!
We enjoyed your time here, we will miss you. Now When is Tera coming?
8/03/2007 7:31 AM
Gee Jill, I have to work for a living you know! However I am leaving work early today to go bass fishing at Table Rock lake with Sam and a couple of our homies from church. Should be good times!
Ditto Becky's blog about Trisha leaving tomorrow. It's been very nice having her stay with us this summer. She is such a sweet girl. Becky has had a great time biking, shopping, and wine drinking with her "third" daughter. I know Bec will be in a funk this weekend with Sam and Trish leaving so I guess I'll need to pamper her for a while.
Hello to all in Sam's Blogland!
Kevin
8/03/2007 11:09 AM
A three hour tour...A three hour tour...don't ever ask Sam to go fishing! He'll poop on you!
8/03/2007 11:20 PM
Rach... do you have a Sam story to tell us here in Blogland?
Jill
8/04/2007 8:51 AM
Sam and dad went on a fishing trip yesterday with a couple of "men's club" guys. They got to the lake around 4:00 in the afternoon and expected to leave around 7:30. Well, the guy who owns the boat, Ernie, wanted to keep fishing. It got to be dusk and they started heading back...two hours later they still hadn't found the right boat dock! It was pitch black! They finally had to flag down another boater to help them find their way back. They hadn't had dinner and were hungry and Sam was pretty crabby when he got home. Plus his last night at home was ruined :( So sad!
8/04/2007 3:50 PM
Kevin said it was pretty "Freighting" I was beginning to worry after Sam would not reply on his phone, turns out it went dead. I knew Sam could swim and knew how to balloon up his shirt and paints as floating devices, but the other guys are old. This is one of those times that will be forever stuck in your memory and look back and laugh at it. I am just so happy that it turned out good and my guys got back home safely! Sam will have lots more nights to spend with his friends!
Hi Sam!
8/06/2007 7:33 AM
Hello Holbrook Family!!
Jill, we have Lauren's dress at our house. Trisha brought it home from Springfield for you. Also, we still have Pat's pillow.
Sam, I hope all is well with you!!
Becky, are you missing your 'other' daughter????? I am happy to have her with me for a while now.....however, we have taken no bike rides...but we are taking a plane ride very very soon.
Terry
8/07/2007 3:13 PM
Yes, missing Trish, going for a HOT Bike ride tonight in fact! Terry, do you still have the table cloth too? Have a fantastic trip, but don't envy you , it is way hotter in AZ. then here. Talk to you when you get back.
Hi SAM!
8/07/2007 3:48 PM
Julie said she didn't think the tablecloth was Transitions. Terry can just keep or get rid of it.
Mom, how was your ride? I'm soooo glad I didn't go! Too Hot! You're crazy!
8/07/2007 6:46 PM
Rachel bike ride was fine, I actually didn't start sweating till got home to unload my bike, then watering the flowers! I am riding over to Sarah's tonight to check out the wedding photos, want to go?
Oh,and if Terry still has table cloth I need it back!!
HI SAM!
8/08/2007 6:25 AM
Thanks Terry! But no hurry on the dress. I'll get it someday, if fact I have already forgotten what it looked like! Have fun with your daughter in AZ!!!!
Jill
HI SAMMY!
HI RUSHUMS!
8/08/2007 8:04 AM
Rushums says hello and he wants me to tell everyone that he loves our new TV:)
8/08/2007 1:54 PM
Happy Anniversary Josh & Rachel!
8/09/2007 6:07 PM
Thanks! We are going to St. James this weekend to celebrate our 5 years of marital bliss! We are going to visit all the winery's and drink lots of wine, yummy!
8/09/2007 8:33 PM
Congrats Josh and Rachel. Doesn't seem like it's been that long. I can remember the birthdays but I'm not sure on the anniversaries. Sorry about that. You have a good one. They say the first 5 years are the hardest so you've made it!
8/09/2007 9:51 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY RACH AND JOSH! HAVE A FUN WEEKEND, WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING OUR GRAND-DOG MR. HARLEY FOR THE WEEKEND.
Hi Rushums, what t.v programs do you watch?
Sam has started another school year, a 2* this year! for you civvies that is a Junior. Have a good weekend SAM! Love MOM
8/10/2007 6:35 AM
Happy Anniverdary Josh and Rachel! I am going to St. James on Monday! I tried to go today so I could spend the night with you...but figured that would kill the mood....See ya later!
8/10/2007 6:41 AM
Rushums loves to watch baseball and the weather channel. He really gets ticked if you turn it from one of those channels...no joke!
8/10/2007 7:18 AM
Hey Jill and Lynn, Kevin and I went to a party Saturday night, they hung up this huge screen and showed "Over The Hedge" outside, it was like at the drive in, fun and even had popcorn. Thought this is something Lynn would like to do at one of her parties next, keeps the kids entertained too.
Hi SAM!
8/12/2007 6:04 AM
Josh and I are back from our weekend getaway. We had a great time in St. James, and we drank four bottles of wine over the weekend! The wineries we visited were fun, we had a picnic lunch at one of them. We also visited Meremac Spring Park which was really neat. We took a lot of pictures so I'll send them around. I guess it is good to be back, but now I have to get back to work, ugghh!
Thanks to mom and dad for watching Mr. Harley! He was excited to see his mommy and daddy!
8/12/2007 1:11 PM
You all have to check out this You Tube video from Flight of the Conchords called "Business Time", it is so hilarious! You will especially enjoy it if you have been married for any amount of time :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGOohBytKTU
8/13/2007 9:44 PM
Hey, did all you Q-City folks see Sarah and Tom's wedding photo in the paper Sunday? Are you all going to the KC this weekend? Look us up, we will be there!
Hi SAM!
8/14/2007 5:07 PM
I finally got to see it today. It was really nice. And I was in it! So that makes it even better!
8/14/2007 5:09 PM
Yes, it was a very nice picture. I'd like a copy to go with my pictures...mom let me know if you get a few in the mail!
8/14/2007 6:57 PM
It's Business!!! It's Business time!! Rachel, I was laughing so hard when I saw that on youtube. Since only MARRIED people understand this, I get it because I AM MARRIED....Wow, still sounds weird to say over a month later. I like the business socks part and the team-builder company T-Shirt. That totally had me in tears laughing as I'm wearing my Company Picnic 2006 shirt now. Look out Sarah, It's BUSINESS TIME!!!
8/15/2007 4:59 PM
And it is WEDNESDAY...
8/15/2007 5:00 PM
funny Rach, I just got done watching the UTUBE Video! hahahaha!
Is everybody HOT?? GOSH, it got up to 107* here today! Us girls are going down to the pool tonight, but I bet it will be like bath water!
Hi Sam!
8/15/2007 5:51 PM
I kept waiting for someone to post they had watched "business time"! I had to share in the hilarity. I like the part where she says "is that it?" and he says, "yeah baby, I know what you're really saying, oh yeah that's it" Ha ha! Where is my Aunt Jill? She needs to watch this video!
8/15/2007 8:26 PM
It's not Wednesday in our house. My energy is directed towards another male.
8/16/2007 6:56 AM
It's Wednesday today though
8/17/2007 7:20 PM
Someone's getting busy...
8/17/2007 9:41 PM
Wednesday?? What planet is "Anonymous from"?
Just got back from Q-City, didn't get to see to many of our fellow bloggers! Maybe next time!
Hi Sam, CYA SOON!
8/19/2007 4:28 PM
Dad...please explain what "Wednesday" is to Mom...Thanks...
8/19/2007 8:19 PM
Beckaronilicious-
You have to watch the youtube video that Rach sent out. That may help explain what "Wednesday" is.
8/20/2007 12:24 PM
Kev, Kev, Kev, Kev, Kev, Kev!!!!!!!
All of us in Quincy hope you get to feeling better very quickly!! And get out of that hospital!!!
We love you!
Jill
8/20/2007 2:12 PM
Mom will be ticked...cause she likes to post first...but...
Dad has the diabetes...
As you all might know, he has lost a lot of weight and has lost 15lbs since our wedding.
He went to the Dr. this morning after pigging out in Quincy and when he weighed himself this morning he had lost another 2 lbs.
We joke that Mom tried to kill him because she was encouraging him to eat, because heaven forbid he weight less than her! So he really enjoyed the fried chicky and sweets at the KC last weekend. LOL...
Dad went to the Dr. this morning and his blood sugar was over 460! Way Toooo High...normally is should be somewhere between 80-120. He was a few days away from a diabetic coma so thank goodness he saw his Dr. today!
He is at Cox South in Spfld and will be there for a couple days. He is in very good spirits and is feeling OK. Last time I was up there though, he was hungry and they can't let him eat because his blood sugar was not in the normal range yet. Hopefully when I get back tonight he will have eaten.
That's all for now!
SAM...make a new entry!
8/20/2007 5:38 PM
Update on Dad:
Just got back from the hospital. We had to leave between 6 and 8. Poor dad hasn't had anything to eat since 6 this morning. All they would let him have was water and ice chips. He's been dreaming of his weekend in Quincy and all the fried chicken, onion rings, and ice cream he ate! We talked to a nurse before we left and she said she would try to contact the doctor so Dad could get some food.
Dad's blood sugar this morning was so high the thing that tested it couldn't even read the number. The doctor said it is a good thing he came in today because if dad would have waited even a couple more days he could have gone into a diabetic coma. When we left his blood sugar was around 150 so it is a lot better, he needs to get between 80 to 100.
Let's all say a prayer dad gets to eat tonight!
8/20/2007 5:42 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home