Entertainment Round-Up
Not much is going on here at good ol' USAFA. Thanksgiving is in 5 weeks and it's starting to get cold and craptastic again. Woohoo. Anyway, since all I really ever do is use taxpayer dollars to amuse myself, I figured I'd let you all know what I think about recent entertainment thingys.
3:10 to Yuma --- Batman and the Gladiator try to catch at train to Yuma, AZ. First off, no likes Yuma, so it's a good thing that the story never reaches the city. Oh yell. I thought this was a really good movie with some good characters and acting. 5/5 Batsignals.
The Kingdom --- Ray Charles, the hot chick from Alias, the dad from Arrested Development, and the geezer from Breach team up to go all CSI in a giant sand box, aka Saudi Arabia. I don't want to give too much away, but the movie has some great humor bits that really bring everything together. I really like the movie but one of my friends didn't. He sucks though. Go see the movie. 5/5 Turbans
Superbad --- Pretty much a fat kid and a geek try to get booze for a party so the hot chicks in high school will notice them. From the dudesters that brought us 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up. The movie is hilarious...if you're under 30. Pretty crude throughout, but still probably the most I've laughed at a movie in a loooooooooooooong time. Classic. 13/13 Cases of Natty Ice
The Devil in the White City --- Not a movie...a book. It's about some bro going Jack the Ripper during the 1893 Columbian Exposition in Chicago. I've only read about 20 pages, but the cover looks sweet. From what I've read, the book is pretty sweet as well. Projected score: 5/5 knife sharpeners
Death by Black Hole --- Another book. Haven't even started it yet, but the book jacket is intense and it's about black holes, argo the book rocks. Projected score: 6/7 event horizons
Halo 3 --- Video game. I'm don't have an Xbox 360, so I didn't get sucked into the the hysteria, but people here flipped over the game. I should have been a Space Marine...
And just in case you're wondering, Stealth still sucks and I hope Dan Brown gets smallpox.
That's about it from me for now. Talk to you later...

144 Comments:
Devil In The White City... Good fun. 3:10 to Yuma, badness.
Ray Charles movies? I can't watch any more Ray Charles movies after watching Stealth.
10/09/2007 12:36 PM
When did Ray Charles start to do movies? I absolutely LOVE his music though!!!!!! It's amazing that a blind black old man can still do stuff like that.....
The last movie I watched was Ghost Rider. I went to sleep after about 20 minutes.
OK, on to the good stuff. In my oven and on my stove right now I have the following...
turkey
corn casserole
mashed taters
homemade dressing
peanut butter and
chocolate dessert.
Read it and weep. Except for Jerms, of course.
Love, Jill
10/09/2007 3:34 PM
Jill, are you celebrating Thanksgiving early? Sounds yummy, and I am sure Sam is drooling. We had grilled butterfly chops, sweet potatoes and peas. hmmmm, twas good!
We saw 3:10 to YUMA, so agree with Sam , it was a great movie, have not seen the others, don't get out much to the movies.
We did rent Ghost Rider last weekend, we thought it was good!
Hi Sam, thanks for the new blog!!
10/09/2007 4:40 PM
Jill...that sounds delicious! Wish we could smell it!
We saw Knocked Up and loved it, then watched Vacancy which was scary but ultimately dumb...
Not much else going on here.
10/09/2007 5:48 PM
What time shall I be there Jill. You never said. I have a big crock pot full of chilli going, a pumpkin pie in the oven, and am thinking of making a cake. Love this cooler weather for baking! Can't wait to get 3:10 to Yuma as I do love those westard guys. They turn this old lady on! Is Ghost Riders a western? Must get if it is. Ray Charles, never did care for his music.
Hi Sam
Thanks for the new blog. I couldn't collaspe on the old one and what a pain that was.
10/10/2007 9:38 AM
Rach left today for her big Indiana trip, everyone pray that it goes successful for her, she will be gone 10 days! Have you ever heard of a 10 Day Craft show? Wish it was closer I would go. Josh is manning the show this weekend by himself in Monet, MO then next weekend he heads to Arkansas for the "War Eagle" show. Signs, Signs, every where Signs!!
Hi Sam
10/11/2007 5:13 PM
Mom, the fair is Apple Butter Makin' Days in Mt. Vernon. Do you and Pat want to go Sat. morning? I promise we won't have to wait to get in like the last show. TTYL
10/11/2007 9:28 PM
Where in Arkansas, Bec, is Josh going? Have a good week end, everyone!
Hi Sam!
10/12/2007 7:10 AM
Sam, have you sent your picks for week 6?
10/14/2007 9:57 AM
I just sent it off
10/14/2007 11:17 AM
Hey Sam, in case I forget to tell ya, take pictures when Amanda and her family come visit ya and send to me!! Thanks, Love MOM
Happy Birthday Tom (my new son- in- law) his b-day is Monday Oct. 15th!
Hi Rach and Amanda! Hope you guys are selling signs like HOT CAKES!
10/14/2007 6:24 PM
Hi Mom! Okay on the picture stuff.
Happy B-Day Tom! Don't have too much fun! hahaha
Maybe Rach should sell hot cakes...I bet that would go over pretty well at the crap fairs
10/14/2007 6:36 PM
Happy Birthday to Tom...sorry I'm not there to make you a peanut butter and chocolate dessert! Amanda and I are having a good time in Indiana...the weather has been lovely! There are a lot of overweight people here, so the hotcakes would probably sell out. They have fried chicken livers here...how gross is that?!? Gizzards too...what in the hell are Gizzards?
Oh, well. Hope all is well with everyone! Back to my booth!
10/15/2007 9:03 AM
Happy Birthday to my husband! We are getting massages today...I love b-days when I get presents too!
10/15/2007 12:53 PM
Happy Birthday Tom!!! What did you ask Santa for?
Oh, and I finished The Devil in the White City and it was really good. I'd let Rachel borrow it, but she'd just drop it in the tub...because of her I can't have nice things
10/15/2007 1:06 PM
Tom got an iPod Nano, the new one, last month. It was from me, not Santa...I'm like Mom, I don't let Santa take the credit for the really good gifts!
10/15/2007 5:24 PM
Sam,
after I finished Devil In The White City, I wandered the streets of Chicago looking at the buildings with a renewed sense of history/awe. The Burnam and Root buildings stand out a bit more in my brains. I want to go to Burnam's office/library which is preserved at the top of his building in the loop... the one from which he could see the Ferris Wheel.
And the serial killer stuff is creepy. That building is still up somewhere too...
Jill,
How are things going? Are there any Halloween parties in Quincy comming up?
10/16/2007 11:37 AM
Yeah, that Holmes guy was pretty messed up. And it'd be cool to see the buildings that are still left. I thought it was neat reading about how many historical people had some sort of connection to the fair, like Walt Disney's father, Teddy Roosevelt, and all the others.
10/16/2007 12:49 PM
Thanks for all of the birthday wishes. It was a good day full of steak and chicken and nice massages. That was what my mom got US for MY birthday, so I think it is only fair that WE get another massage each for SARAH'S birthday, and then I told mom I wanted one again for Halloween, Thanksgiving, her birthday, Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day, Easter and well you get the idea. I didn't like it at all as you can tell. 28 feels and sounds SO old.
10/16/2007 9:53 PM
Oh please Tom, try 49! now that is old! So did you like your massage? heheheheheh
Hi Sam!
10/17/2007 7:16 AM
Sam, I want pictures and full details of Amanda's visit! Hope your all having a good time, I am jealous. Love MOM
10/19/2007 3:57 PM
Hello All! Yes, Jerms, in fact the O'Hara halloween party is taking place tomorrow (Sat), it is just a weenie roast, bon fire stuff like that, yet still fun. It won't be the same without everyone here to make the haunted woods so she is not doing that.
That is so much fun! Sam, remember when your head was on the platter!!?? That was the best!!
We will miss everyone.....is there anyone else out in blogsville doing something?
Rushums......what are you dressing up as? PLEASE don't say Indy! Ha Ha Ha!!
Jill
10/19/2007 4:58 PM
Rush is going as a Q-tip. What are Bryson and Lauren going to be?
10/19/2007 10:09 PM
Be sure and send pic's of the kids
in their Halloween costumes! Trying to imagine what Rush will look like as a q-tip?
Hi Sam!
10/20/2007 6:01 AM
Brsyon is going as a pirate/zombie .....he can't decide between the two so he is combining them. Lauren, oh, Lauren. She started out wanting to be a rock star, then a zombie rock star, but last Saturday we went to St. Louis and she got a "pirate girl" costume in which she wanted to put blood all over her face. I have nixed the blood idea. Tonight at lynn's Brian is going as a kidney stone.
Thanks for the pics of Rushums, Kesi and Chris! Please send the one of mom and Rush to her, she will LOVE that! Post a pic of the q-tip also, just don't let anyone stick him in their ear.........
Jill
10/20/2007 9:43 AM
Hey Sam! Give us a call! I want to hear about your weekend! Love MOM
10/21/2007 4:27 PM
I'm having my 2nd Annual Pumpkin Carving Party this coming saturday...Everyone is invited if you want to come! I really do give the best parties...
10/21/2007 7:37 PM
You do Rachel, you do! And I have high hopes of being there again this year.
10/21/2007 9:53 PM
Rach......how did you do at War Eagle? We are headed to Kimmswick this coming weekend.
Jill
HI SAMMY!
HI JERMS!
HI Q-TIP!
10/23/2007 8:16 AM
I'm a War Eagle!!!!!!1
(that's my squad's nickname)
10/23/2007 9:53 AM
Nuh uh! Sam, we are the coolest people ever! Josh and I did really well at War Eagle, I was very happy! And I am also very happy I don't have another craft show for about 3 weeks because I have about 50 special orders I need to fill! Hope Jill and Lynn do great at Kimmswick!
Love Rach
10/23/2007 12:15 PM
Congratulations, Tom and Sarah, on the teeny tiny one.
10/26/2007 10:35 PM
I sent you a text Sam and we REALLY wanted a call back but we understand that the SAW movie was just soooooo good that you just didn't get a chance. J/K. What was that like Saw 87? In the text I sent you, I emphasized UNCLE Sam for a reason. He he. We can finally call you Uncle Sam!! And yes, since the news has been made public via texts and cell phone calls and land line calls and what-not, I need to make sure EVERYONE in blogland or web-logland knows I am gonna be a daddy!!!! It sounds so cool to say that I am going to be a dad and I couldn't be happier about it. We told the folks tonight by surprising them with onesies with a little message printed on them. It is two little birds with an egg that says "Tom and Sarah's Eggstra Surprise." My sister in law came up with the words and the picture is really cute and I just couldn't be happier. I have to wait until tomorrow to tell my parents and it is just killing me with anxiety. Sarah was a wreck all day b/c she wanted to wait for Kevin to come back from his "Trunk or Treat" to see our little present we disguised as a birthday present for Becky. But he finally came and it was great to share our wonderful news with the rest of the family. I can't wait to teach our little "BOY" T-ball and golf (Or at least what not to do in golf.)
10/26/2007 11:18 PM
Hello! I am pregnant and it feels soooo weird! I've known for a couple weeks and I keep telling Tom...he didn't believe me but the tests on Thursday confirmed my suspicion! We couldn't be happier but are in shock, at least I am! We are due June 28!!!! Yeah!
10/27/2007 6:33 AM
YEAH!! Kevin and I are going to be Grandparents! Sue, Terry, I need some tips! I did buy our first grand baby gift in Dream Land yesterday, "his" first cardinal t-shirt! Sorry Sam, but you can get your "nephew" what ever team you like, I am sure you can find a baby "Falcon" T.
Anyway, we are all excited here, another chapter in our life adventure, What fun we will have.
10/28/2007 9:17 AM
Congrats Tom & Sarah! Do you have names picked out? How exciting for you two!
10/28/2007 2:32 PM
We have always talked about names...We have a boy name that is getting mixed reviews...Morgan Thomas. If it's a girl...we haven't got a clue! I like Mia (pronounced Mee a). Who knows what we'll end up with but there is plenty of time to think about it!!!! We looked at strollers today to give ideas to Grandma Shari for Christmas...it has to have cupholders and a place for shopping bags!
10/28/2007 5:14 PM
Morgan is a girls name...
10/28/2007 5:37 PM
Morgan Stanley McCubbins
10/28/2007 5:37 PM
Ever heard of Morgan Freeman...we think the baby will have a black man's butt like Tom's...so it fits...
10/28/2007 5:50 PM
Rachel...I know you are the "concerned relative"...At least I haven't thought of naming a kiddo "Neo"!!!!
10/28/2007 5:50 PM
Had a great weekend with Mom and Peggy in town, we got a lot in for their short visit! Great to see you guys, come again soon!
Hi Sam! Hope you enjoyed your sub today. Love MOM
10/28/2007 6:02 PM
"Neo" was a joke, Josh thought it was cool but boys shouldn't name children ...I'll probably never get to name any kids anyway...if I did it wouldn't be after Morgan Freeman(his face looks funny). It would have to be a J B name because all kick ass people have J B names...like...
Jack Bauer
James Bond
Jason Bourne
and of course, Josh Baird
10/28/2007 6:28 PM
To be fair, I really love the name Mia, so I hope your baby is a girl.
10/28/2007 6:31 PM
Yes, you WILL have a chance to name a baby, Rachel, and don't you forget it. Too many people are pulling for you and Josh. God just does his own thing in his own time.
CRAP! Red Sox just won the World Series. Wait until next year when the Cardinals on in it again!
10/28/2007 10:07 PM
I must have a boy so he can go to the World Series and put an end to the drama that unfolded tonight. I do not like the Red Sox one bit. They are just as ridiculous as the Yankees with their ginormous-never high-enough salaries. Oh, I only made 5 million last year. Wah wah, you played baseball and made millions. If that isn't enough for you, get your head checked. I feel so sorry for you. And Morgan is a perfectly nice name for a boy. I don't want to name my child Neo or Trinity or Dozer or any other Matrix name. But I also don't want a plain name like John or Dave or ESPECIALLY SAM. Whoever would name their child Sam is just asking for it. I mean that kid would be picked on all the time at school. Sam I am, Uncle Sam, Son of Sam, Slam Jam Master Sam, Sam Manilla, Sam Urai, Samson Knight, Sam Diego, Sam Mantha, Sam Pull. So Sam is definitely out of the question. Just wanted to clear that up. and we might as well not choose any girl names b/c it isn't a girl, it is a boy and his name is Morgan. Not Morgan Stanley, Morgan Thomas. Morgan Thomas Dean Whitter McCubbins. Just kidding, but I really do like Morgan Thomas and I don't care if there is a "Concerned Relative" out there who disagrees. That concerned relative can use a name coined by someone who starred in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure all she wants. Bogus!
10/28/2007 11:39 PM
Mega Congrats to the McCubbins......your life will never be the same. By the way, I think Dozer is a great name, but it will put you in the poor house. Just ask Great Uncle Brian.
Rach.. we did really well in Kimmswick, sold out of all the treats except for one!
Sam....me and Lynn talked to a fellow-AFA dude at the craft show, he said he wanted to look you up, so we gave him your name. Super nice guy!
Love to all! Jill
10/29/2007 7:33 AM
Aww Snap! Congratulations guys! I'm s'dang happy for you!!
By the way, Morgan Ensberg used to rake for the Astros. He was bitchin'. All man.
Tracy Morgan was hilarious as Astronaut Jones and Brian Fellows.
Captain Morgan wouldn't take no guff.
June 28 B-days:
Henry VIII
Mel Brooks
Gilda Radner
John Cusack
Mary Stuart Masterson
John Elway
Kathy Bates
John Dillinger (gangster/public enemy #1)
hope everyone is jacked up for Halloween!
Jeremy
10/29/2007 11:15 AM
Jermy, Thanks for the interesting facts about our due date...
I am feeling lots of weird things in weird places, but according to my baby books I am perfectly normal (for once!)...
That is all for today, the baby is now going to eat turkey tacos. That's all. Goodbye.
10/29/2007 4:59 PM
Excuse me Tomuel!! Samuel is a very strong masculine name!! Kevin picked out Sam's name and I think it fits him perfectly! Sam were you ever picked on because of your name in school? Just for the record I like the name Morgan, and I think Beckaroni for a girl would be fab! heheheheheh
Jill, what was this USAFA Kid doing out of school?
Jeremy, we are all "jacked up" for Halloween, I've got my electric pumpkin ready to plug in!
Hi SAM!!
10/29/2007 5:55 PM
Oh and did anyone see that A-Rod opted out of his $252 Million contract with the Yankees??!! This perfectly illustrates my point on how ridiculous baseball is becoming. And it seems like nothing is EVER good enough for a Red Sox or a Yank.
10/29/2007 11:55 PM
Sam...I saw your Cletus the Fetus comment on Facebook, maybe you should brush up on baby knowledge cause right now he's still an Embryo! Maybe you could call him Jo Jo the Embryo or something. We call it Baby Bird or Little Bird for now.
Beckaroni McCubbins...I have feeling it wouldn't talk to us much after that got around school....
I like the name Sam too!
10/30/2007 5:03 AM
Sam likes green eggs and ham!
10/30/2007 7:22 AM
Tom,
The more ridiculous thing will be when A-Rod lands with the Red Sox since they are the only team that will be able to afford him.
Until MLB does something, the Yankees and Red Sox will probably continue to pass these players with huge contracts back and forth.
I guess the Dodgers could afford him (maybe). And they look like they might get Torre. So that would be appealing for A-rod. Then again, the Cubs rumors might start up again. The Cubs could trade away some big contracts and let A-Rod play shortstop. He loves Lou Pinella, too.
I can't think of any other teams that can afford him...
10/30/2007 9:42 AM
Becs, the AFA dude was older, had been out for a while.
Speaking of AFA, I hope Santa brings me a little something for Christmas that says AFA on it like a sweatshirt, probably a Large or x-large due to my jahoobas. I have been a good girl this year, unlike Sarah. Ha Ha Ha ha Ha !!!!
Godmother Jill
10/30/2007 2:28 PM
To Jill's God Son, did you see her hint? I think a Large will do.
Hi Sam!
Have fun on Halloween ya all!
10/30/2007 5:17 PM
I saw a picture of the cutest little cue tip.
11/01/2007 9:59 AM
Who sent it to you Grandma D? He was so much fun yesterday!
11/01/2007 1:35 PM
I hope everyone is eating lots of candy today like I am. A lunch filled with mini Butterfinger and Krackel bars. I had a piece of cinnamon bread to get my carbs in!
11/01/2007 1:36 PM
Hey Grandma D if you want you can give me your e-mail address and I'll put you on the list to receive bi-weekly Rush photos (sometimes more or less often).
11/01/2007 3:55 PM
Kesi and Chris...LOVE the pix of Rush, especially the one with the sweet potatoes all over his face! What a doll!
11/01/2007 4:24 PM
Yes, Uncle Kevin!
Ron Paul, the ONLY candidate with an viable plan to restrict abortions and overturn Roe V Wade, won the Springfield, MO straw poll with a majority of the votes.
Watch the news this upcoming Monday and Tuesday. Ron might set a fund-raising record that will shock the nation's pundits, make Rudy Ghouliani's head spin, and mess-up Romney's hair.
11/02/2007 2:34 PM
"Ghoul"iani...that's funny
11/02/2007 4:35 PM
I just finished my first ever 10k run with mom! Woohoo! I have to say, I didn't do too well with the running, I got a b*tch of a side stitch about halfway though, but I did finish and am very proud of myself...especially since I just started running in August. We are going to go cheer on some friends at the 1/2 marathon tomorrow, should be fun...but chilly!
11/03/2007 9:38 AM
yes, for a newbie and a oldie Rach and I didn't do to bad, 1 hour and 14 minutes! Awesome after race food too, scrambled eggs, muffins, biscuits and gravy and above all COFFEE!! Oh, and we got this really cool shirt too!
It was fun running with ya Rach!
Hi Sam!
11/03/2007 11:18 AM
Congrats to Mom and Rach! You guys ROCK!
11/03/2007 4:17 PM
Kinda of scary, just read that a Olympic Marathon runner collapsed and died today at the 5 1/2 mile mark! YIKES
Maybe I should hang up my running shoes!
Hi Sam, dad and I just got done watching "Transformer" GOOD MOVIE, and I liked the star of the movie was named "SAM" there ya go, not TOM, but SAM!
11/03/2007 8:40 PM
Thomas (Tom) Jefferson...A bit smarter then Sam...
11/04/2007 7:16 AM
Samuel Clemens...writer of some of the most loved books in the world...
11/04/2007 9:52 AM
Sam Adams
Sam Houston
11/04/2007 10:17 AM
Sam Walton
Samuel Jackson
Samuel Becket
Samuel Morse
11/04/2007 10:22 AM
Yes Chris, I saw that Ron Paul won the Springfield area's straw-poll by a wide margin. Lately he's been getting some attention from our local media. SW Missouri is a fairly conservative area and Ron Paul fits the bill as the most Constitution-oriented candidate. It will be interesting to see how the primaries go.
Kevin
P.S. Very cute pics of Rush!!! One more studdly dude in the long line of good-looking Holbrook males.
P.P.S. HI SAM!!
11/04/2007 12:19 PM
Have a great Monday all you bloggers out there!
Hi Sam! 15 more days till your home!!
11/05/2007 7:07 AM
Hi Mom! Hi Dad!
Yay!!! I can't wait to be home for Thanksgiving...I need a break!
Well, I have to start a lab report for chemistry...hooray for freezing point depressions!
11/05/2007 8:00 AM
Hey, Sam, while working in the lab how about making me up a concoction that melts away fat instantly so your Grandma doesn't have to diet and exercise, my two most hated words. lol
11/05/2007 8:25 AM
I'll look into Grandma
The only thing I can think of right now would be some type of acid, but I'm pretty sure you don't want to drink concentrated Hydrofluoridic acid
11/05/2007 8:27 AM
That last one was from me, Sam's Grandma, Becky's mom, Kevin's mother in law, and friend of the Holbrook family. Just didn't want anyone to think someone was making fun of me. My fingers were so fast it was posted before I could sign. That is the only thing fast about me. lol
11/05/2007 8:27 AM
Is the actor who plays Sam character in Transformers the young fellow who got arrested in Chicago last night for being drunk at a Walgreens?
If our Sam was drunk out of his gourd at 2:30 a.m. on a Sunday night in a Walgreens, he'd obey the security guard, I bet.
11/05/2007 4:52 PM
Oh darn Jeremy! I hope it was not the same "Sam" in Transformer! I liked that kid! What is wrong with all these movie stars and their out of control drinking and drugging?? Pretty sure our Sam would be respectful of any law enforcement, right Sam?
See ya Soon. Love MOM
11/05/2007 5:22 PM
Just wanted to let the Holbrook clan know that Quincy has a new Sushi restaurant...and will soon be opening another! I get the Quincy news here in Kirksville so I happened to hear about the new restaurant. I called Trisha right away and we now have plans to try it out during Thanksgiving break!
Hope all is well!
-Tera
11/05/2007 5:29 PM
Sushi...in Quincy?!? Who would have ever thought...Can't wait to try it out!
11/05/2007 9:31 PM
I guess this new Sushi place means Trisha will again try to get some culture in me and her Aunt Peggy. It didn't work at the Thia place, but I am will to try, I guess, maybe, we'll see. I'd rather have a Culver's.
11/05/2007 10:12 PM
Amen to that, Grandma D! Culvers is my favorite place to eat when I am out of Quincy! They have the most outrageously delicious tenderloin in the world!! Mmmmmmm!! I think I will pass on the sushi as well....
Great Aunt-to-be Jill
11/06/2007 10:32 AM
Quincy Folks, may I recommend you try a hot sushi, like maybe a Tempered Shrimp, hmmmm, love at first bite! I am doing sushi for my b-day! YEAH! My mouth is watering already!
Hi Sam! 14 more days!
11/06/2007 3:49 PM
If you can't find "Tempered" Shrimp, try "Tempura"
Anyway, sushi is bee's knees. There are some pretty good places in Colorado Springs, but none of them is as good as the places back home. I don't know what it is about Springfield that attacks the delicious food of Chinamen. I think it's Bass Pro...
11/06/2007 3:51 PM
I can't wait for Thanksgiving and to see Shamus...although, we probably won't see him much cause he'll be with "that girl." My mom always referred to my friends as "that girl." Anyway, Mom, are we having CAKE for your birthday? I think we should...and are we all invited to sushi!? I hope I will do OK with sushi and Thanksgiving...the smell of some foods has been making me gag lately...especially ketchup. YUCK!
11/06/2007 4:07 PM
Yes Sarah, all are welcome for my birthday sushi, at UMI's of course! I would like a angel food cake with birthday icecream, hmmmmm
Hi Sam! I knew I wrote tempura wrong, thanks for correcting me. Guess that is one thing I did right, have smart kids! Love MOM
11/06/2007 5:52 PM
Lets talk about what everyone wants for Christmas. I want world peace and then I want a lap top, a camera, and a watch with big numbers so I can see what time it is.
Hi Sam!
11/06/2007 6:11 PM
Maybe Bec, instead of a big watch with BIG numbers you need some glasses with thicker lens? If I was there I'd make you a angel food cake for your b-day. You are well worth it! I've got such a long list for Christmas I know not where to start. I sent out a list but somehow my kiddo's didn't get it, or so they say. My impossible wish is World Peace and an economy where no one suffers. Not happening, Darlene! Also want a car, lap top, etc. How about a Rav Bec? Did I print that right?
11/06/2007 8:50 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
11/07/2007 6:19 AM
Oh! Oh! Dear Santa, I want world peace, a healthy baby, and maternity clothes. And some Bare Minerals makeup, a video iPOD like Tom's so I can watch episodes of Golden Girls and Roseanne during labor, a dog that doesn't ever need grooming or bathing, hair that curls without my help, a dog with a good leg, a vacuumn that runs itself (they have those!), a housekeeper to do laundry, some caramel Guiradelli (sp?) squares, I would like some new Ryka tennis shoes (size 9 I think), mashed potatoes and gravy, my lunch packed for me every day, extra cash for Starbucks, a new couch, a king size bed, baby clothes, a bigger car or SUV, and Lofthouse cookies. I don't think that is asking too much. Love Sarah
11/07/2007 6:21 AM
Gosh and I thought I was asking for a lot!!
11/07/2007 7:01 AM
HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY TO TERA!!
HAVE FUN AND BE CAREFUL WITH THOSE SHOTS!!
11/07/2007 7:16 AM
Dittos! Happy 21st Birthday Tara!
Have fun...but don't do what your aunts would do!!!
Uncle Kevin
HI SAM!
11/07/2007 11:39 AM
HAY! how is she supposed to have fun if she doesn't do what her Aunts do?
11/07/2007 7:19 PM
Morning Sam, Good luck on your chemistry test today!
11/08/2007 7:20 AM
I just got done with the chemistry test. I think it went alright...at least I hope so. I was pretty confident on my answers so we'll see next week. I'm just glad it's over because my brain is goo from so much studying!
11/08/2007 9:12 AM
Or too much drinkin' token' smokin'
11/08/2007 9:23 AM
100
11/08/2007 9:44 AM
what does that last comment mean? 100 ? pls. explain Mr. Anonyomous!
Hi Sam!
11/08/2007 5:25 PM
Why does "anonymous" have to be a "Mr?"
11/08/2007 7:17 PM
I'm pretty sure "100" meant it was the 100th comment. And no, it wasn't me. I do think it means it is time for a new blog...Sam...
11/08/2007 7:40 PM
Rach... you are too smart. I couldn't figure out what 100 meant either! Wish us luck at Palmyra this Sat!!!
Crafter Jill
HI SAMMY!
HI JERMS!
HI RUSHUMS!
HI PREGO!
11/09/2007 6:46 AM
Good luck at your show Jill and Lynn! I will be assisting Rach at her show at Kickapoo! Going to be a beautiful weekend here.
Hi Sam! 11 more days!
11/09/2007 7:01 AM
I am the anonymous and yes 100 meant the 100th comment. It must be people with the birthday of Nov. 12 or 13 that couldn't figure it out.
11/09/2007 7:17 AM
Well, Mrs. K-Pants, people born on the 12th are very special, loving and beautiful people. The sooner you realize this the better. By the way, I have not received my gift yet.
Good luck at Kickapoo ladies!
Crafters of the world unite!!!!!!!!
Great Aunt Jill
11/09/2007 11:09 AM
Rach, when is your last show? I thought we were scheduled for one the first week in Dec but I just found the application that I never sent in. Oops!
I hope you Kick-the-poo out of the other crafters tomorrow! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
I should have been a comedian.
Jill
11/09/2007 11:12 AM
you tell'm Jill, Nov.12th birthday people ROCK! and good job on the kick-a -poo crafter quote!
Hi Sam! 10 1/2 more days!
11/09/2007 12:48 PM
110
11/09/2007 12:48 PM
My last show is the one in December...I think the 1st, it is at Nixa Junior High. After tomorrow I have two more! Woohoo! But that doesn't mean I'm done making signs...Josh and I are advertising in the December/January issue of "Country Sampler" if anyone wants to check it out. We are hoping to get lots of business from it. The issue should be out in another week or so.
Good luck to Jill and Lynn this weekend! Love Rach
11/09/2007 3:19 PM
I can't help but agree that people born on the 12th of any month are extremely wonderful.
Hi Jilly,
Can you tell Therese that I wish I could make it home for her T-giving? I heard it was on the evening before Thanksgiving... (I may be wrong). Erica and I are coming down on the train Thanksgiving morning.
I can't wait.
I'm so hungry.
11/09/2007 5:13 PM
Jeremy...PLZ eat soemthing! Thanksgiving is 13 days away!!!!! Although, you might only have to pay for one ticket if Erica can fold you up and put you in her bag.
11/09/2007 8:33 PM
Hi Sam! Thanks for the gorgeous b-day flowers and balloon! I love them! PS. Don't forget to get your passport picture taken, maybe you can do this on Monday. Have a good night, Love MOM
I am pooped, helped Rach today with her craft show, man, those signs are heavy! It was fun though spending time with her, Sarah brought us bagels in the morning, thanks Sarah! Have a good Sunday all.
11/10/2007 5:55 PM
Jerms....thank you for the kind birthday note!!!!! 12'ers are special people!!!! Speaking of my oldness, I must pass on an incident that happened at the show me and Lynn were at yesterday. There was an old lady in a wheel chair next to me, who kept staring at me. Finally she asked if I went to Qcy Jr High, I told her yes thinking she may have been a teacher of mine. She said she thought we GRADUATED together. She graduated in 1955. I leaned over and told Lynn I need some really good eye cream for my birthday, then went to the bathroom and cried.
Rach, we had a poor show too, I really think gas prices kept people from traveling. Our last show is next week!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY WHO IS 49 AND JILL WHO IS IN HER 70'S
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO UUUUSSSSSSSSS!!!
HI SAMMY!
HI JERMS (I will pass on the Thanksgiving info to Grams, but go see her on Thursday cause she will be home)
HI RUSHUMS SMUSHUMS!
HI PREGO!
JIll
11/11/2007 8:49 AM
hahahahahaha!! oh Jill, that is too FUNNY! Happy 70th Birthday!
Hi SAM! 9 more days! YEAH!
11/11/2007 1:16 PM
On this veterans day I just want to thank Sam for serving our country. I am so proud of you for your sacrifice and dedication. What you are doing today and everyday ensures the future and safety of our country. THANK YOU and thanks to all our service men and women.
11/11/2007 5:02 PM
Yes Sam...Thank you for dressing up like a girl for fun...organizing dinners for intramural teams and making videos to put on You Tube, and for keeping us entertained here. Your service thus far, has been invaluable...Seriously though, we are happy to call you Uncle Sam!
JILL---That lady's eyes had to be REALLY OLD and fuzzy, I wouldn't worry about eye cream...your are FAB!
11/11/2007 5:35 PM
Happy Birthday Mom!
Happy Birthday Great-Great-Great Aunt Jill!
11/11/2007 9:03 PM
HAPPYYYYYY BIRTHDAYYYYYY
To Mom and Auntie Jill
11/12/2007 7:00 AM
Happy 39th Birthday Jill! You don't look a day over 70! hehehehehe
Happy Veterans Day to Dad, David and Sam!
Hi Sam, enjoy your well deserved day off!
11/12/2007 7:47 AM
Happy Birthday Mom!
You too Aunt Jill...I guess...
Hahahah...just kidding...you're the best godmother ever! Woohoo!
And thanks for all the Veteran's Day wishes. I work hard to keep the terrorists out of our imaginations.
11/12/2007 9:16 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a most wonderful daughter and to her sister-in-law Jill, although I was for sure Jill wasn't in her 70's. If so welcome to my world, Jill.
Also to my husband, Dave, and Sam, thanks for all you have done and do in this country's military. My husband served in Korea, Dave's been all over including Iraq, and Sam will be doing his part one of these days. Thanks to all military pass and now. Let us not forget those who have passed away.
We do have good news! Tera's boyfriend, James, is out of Iraq! He is in Germany now! Thank goodness for this!
Everyone have a good day, especially the birthday girls! The young one and the old one. lol
11/12/2007 9:30 AM
Yeah Sam, thanks for protecting Imaginationland from the evil Man-Bear-Pig. (Sam will understand what I mean.)
11/12/2007 10:52 AM
Happy Birthday Becky, Jill and ERICA! Erica must be perfect for the Holbrook clan - since she shares Jill and Becky's birthday! Jill is 70??? - I always thought she was younger than me...hhmm...confusing
Sue
11/12/2007 10:57 AM
Yep, Erica is also an 11/12 baby. There's something magical about the number 12.
For Sesame Street Fans: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, ... 11, Twee-eelll-lllve! Twelve!
For Jill: Perhaps she was a blind woman who could only see your wisdom and grace both of which have always been well beyond your years. (My checking account number is 2876637786 and the routing number is 98798274892).
For Tom: Imagina-a-a-ation! Imagina-a-a-ation! Imagina-ation! Imaginaa-aa-a-tion! Imagination!
11/12/2007 11:14 AM
"I imagine an M-60 for Jesus"
11/12/2007 11:16 AM
Happy Birthday Erica!!
Thanks for all the b-days wishes! now off to sushi here in a bit, hmmmmmm
Hi Sam, wish you were with us, we will be ready for sushi again when you are home. 8 more days!
Hi Susie! I knew you were out there!
11/12/2007 3:39 PM
For Jeremy: Don't nuke our imaginations, bro!!! Woooooo!!!
11/12/2007 10:03 PM
Thanks you for all of your birthday wishes everyone, and to tell you the truth, I don't feel a day over 63!!!
Jeremy...I had no idea Erica's birthday was the 12th also!! Why didn't you say so and we could have included her in all of me and Beck's birthday e-mail preparations! How old is the youngster?
Have a great day, even you Sam, I think.
Love to all, JIll
I've fallen and I can't get up.
11/13/2007 7:40 AM
Happy -belated- Birthday Aunt Becky! Hope it was a good one. And thanks for my birthday card and bud-light money!
Love-Tera
11/13/2007 9:40 AM
Happy 6 month birthday to Rushums!
11/15/2007 3:09 PM
Happy 1/2 birthday Rushums! You cutie pie you!
Hi Sam!
11/15/2007 3:57 PM
Only 20 1/2 more years Rush...and I'll buy you a beer!
11/15/2007 5:16 PM
Gobble Gobble. I'm ready for turkey and REAL mashed potatoes (Mom!)...I hope everyone has a great week! We go to the baby Dr. for the first time on the 29th! I can't wait!
11/18/2007 3:36 PM
The frozen golf balls are real mash potatoes!
Hi Sam! Just 2 more days!!!
11/18/2007 4:47 PM
No frozen golf ballllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
11/18/2007 6:00 PM
Hi Sam, Just two more days to get though and you will be home, so that should put a smile on your face!! Snow expected here on Thanksgiving day! Bring your coat!
Love MOM
11/19/2007 7:28 AM
Morning Sam! Just think, you will be sleeping in your own bed in your own room tonight! See ya tonight! Love MOM
11/20/2007 6:21 AM
Yay! I can't wait to be home and have some time off. I'm bushed from Comm's Challenge this weekend, so I'll probably be sleeping...a lot!
11/20/2007 6:27 AM
Yeah right! You'll be sleeping and seeing Amanda...don't lie to us Sam...it breaks our little hearts! Have a safe trip!
11/20/2007 8:03 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all you Holbrooks. Eat a lot then maybe take a long walk? Sam, when you get back maybe, just maybe, you could start another Blog. This one is getting quite long.
11/20/2007 8:47 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Marks and Holbrooks out thee that will not make it back to Quincy! Welcome back home Sam, can't wait to see you at Christmas!
Eat lots of turkey, mama-to-be!
Can't wait to see you Jerms and Rushums! I cleaned your bedroom at Grandma's today and made it extra comfortable for you! (Rushums bed......I don't know where Jerms sleeps.......)
Love to all, Jill
11/20/2007 4:27 PM
Sam is HOME! Still sleeping, UGH!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone, safe travels to all.
WAKE UP SAM! We only have 5 days!
11/21/2007 8:47 AM
Quiet here tonight, miss ya Sam
but counting down till Christmas break ! You will be glad you missed the meatloaf supper tonight. Dad is working out with his weights, I am catching up on my e-mail. TTYL Love MOM
11/26/2007 5:48 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home