...or the Daring Adventures of Daring-Do from the Most Eccentrical Wunderkind der Springfield via Quincy

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Gnome...


I don't know if you seen the video or not, but it's creepy. Those creepy, creepy gnomes...


http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,336808,00.html (you have to click on the link to The Sun to see the video)


That's about it. I'm stoked for Spring Break next week, but other than that not much is going on. I did buy a badmitton set today at the Cadet Store, so I'm pretty pumped to get some uber-intense games going this weekend. Laters


I still hate Dan Brown.

38 Comments:

Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Sam,
I saw that gnome video earlier today...I thought it was pretty hilarious...I'm going to start walking sideways.

Looking forward to seeing you next weekend...but not to the drive to pick your butt up in Kansas City. Mom suckered me into it...plus she is buying me a Lobster and Steak dinner. The trip should be more interesting now that Amanda is driving with us. Four hours of telling embarrassing stories about you. I think I'll start with the one about you hating to get wet when you were little...

3/11/2008 9:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that little gnome! I've always wonder what happen to him after he went over the falls!

Have a good Spring Vacation Sam. I guess that is why your coming home. I know Tera is out. Missy isn't out until the end of the month. Matt is on Spring break ALL the time! Just kidding. The kid works his fanny off for Wally's. And they say he has his own pad in his mama's basement, with fridge, movies of every kind, video games, etc. Go figure. And he was suppose to be my Priest of the family.

Have a great vacation Sam.

3/11/2008 9:42 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Sam, you bought a bad mitten set!! that sounds like fun! Rach and I got out on the bikes tonight for the first time! It was so good to be back on the saddle again! Supposed to rain now here for the rest of the week, bummer.

Hey Sam, tell us what to look for when we go to the link for the gnome dance? Also, I think the gnome on your page looks like a pig gnome. Hey but thanks for the new blog!

Rachel, thanks for going with me to pick up Sam!

3/12/2008 7:12 PM

 
Blogger Kesi said...

Does a bad mitten set means that your hands are cold in the winter?

3/12/2008 9:55 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

yes Kesi, you are correct, you are catching on to my language!

Hi Sam! One week from today we will be picking you up in Kansas!!

3/13/2008 4:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Becky is sick! Feel better soon!

3/14/2008 5:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the funk last weekend.

It was no dang fun.

I hope you're feeling better soon, Becky.

3/14/2008 8:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The funk stinks! Hopefully all of our illnesses will be out of the way when Sam comes home next week! I think all the Springfield Holbrook's have had it now!

3/14/2008 8:46 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Whatever mom has is super bad though...it is icky icky! Poor mom! She has to usher on Sunday...hope you are feeling up to it.

3/14/2008 8:55 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Hi All, I am a better today, thanks. It was the type of flu that just zaps all your energy from you. I took a shower and am presentable for visitors now, poor Rach, I think she saw a monster when she saw me yesterday! I am still a bit weak, but getting around here at home, no thought of even leaving the house yet. I think I can do ok on ushering tomorrow, but the thought of standing for hour and half is a bit frightening to me right now. Have a good weekend, HI SAM!

3/15/2008 10:03 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Hi All, I am a better today, thanks. It was the type of flu that just zaps all your energy from you. I took a shower and am presentable for visitors now, poor Rach, I think she saw a monster when she saw me yesterday! I am still a bit weak, but getting around here at home, no thought of even leaving the house yet. I think I can do ok on ushering tomorrow, but the thought of standing for hour and half is a bit frightening to me right now. Have a good weekend, HI SAM!

3/15/2008 10:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are better Becky. I remember you as a young girl getting this crap. You sat on the toilet with a bucket in front of you. I myself, have had and still got the hacking, sore throat thing. WHERE ARE THE DEPENDS when you need them! By this time next week maybe we will all be well for that long ear rabbit that comes around.

3/15/2008 4:15 PM

 
Blogger Kesi said...

Just to let you know, it appears that South Dakota Holbrook's will become Missouri Holbrook's this summer.

3/15/2008 5:36 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Missourians are the BEST! Join the exclusive club...but be prepared for your spelling skills to dissapair...ha ha!

3/15/2008 9:02 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

YEAH!! Glad to hear the good news Kesi and Chris, I bet Grandma and Grandpa are tickled pink or should I say blue? Congrats Chris!!

I had to sit some during mass today, but other then that doing much better,except I think I may become sick again tomorrow night? Trying to come up with a excuse to miss the Women's Guild Meeting?

Oh, and we watched "The Kingdom" last night, good movie if you have not seen it.

Hi Sam, playing badminton today? Not long now, just 4 more days!

3/16/2008 2:07 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Hey, if I did it right, see the "drinking hat" Sam got in Vegas? I think he had been drinking when he bought it, he looks a bit to happy here, am I right Sam?

3/16/2008 2:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man...I wish it would rain...

3/18/2008 5:11 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Sarah you make me laugh...

3/18/2008 6:44 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Throw me a life jacket! We are having DURAITIONAL RAINS!! Supposed
to be sunny and dry for our trip
to Kansas tomorrow to pick up Sam!!

Hi Sam, count down begins!! YEAH!!

3/19/2008 7:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit they were "durational" rains.

3/20/2008 10:21 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

YEAH!! Sam is home! Sam is home!! First time to be home for Easter since he left after High School!!

Happy Easter Everyone!!

shhhh, guess I should not shout, Sam is still sleeping!

Thanks for going with me to get him Rach and Amanda!!

3/21/2008 7:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY EASTER to all of you out there in blog land. Have a good one and hopefully no rain! But I see we might have snow showers! Go figure!

Mamamarcks

3/21/2008 12:28 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Happy Easter! I can't wait for some ham...

3/23/2008 8:21 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Yes, we are still here, have not gotten on computer much with Sam home.

Sam is enjoying his time home, spreading himself between us, Amanda and his guy friends, he is doing a good job at it.

I am off tomorrow, so after his GRE test we are doing lunch!! He did lunch with Kevin on Tuesday, lunch with Amanda today.

See ya back here soon!

3/26/2008 7:18 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Sam is back at the Academy tonight, :-( Maybe he will write a new blog? :-)

Hi Sam!

3/30/2008 6:00 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

WHere is everybody??!!

Hi Sam!

4/02/2008 7:18 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Busy Busy! Too much to do!

4/02/2008 8:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Busy, busy, busy. Work's been nuts. But that's good!

Here's The Jeremy Update:

(1) Whiskey Fest Chicago is this Friday. I'm excited to try out some nice Bourbon's and Ryes. I've got Scotch, Irish Whiskey, and Canadian Whiskey at the house, and now I need the American versions. So I'm going to focus my tastings on Rye and Bourbon.

(2) My church is trying to build a huge sanctuary. They unveiled more of the artist's renderings this past Sunday. It's gonna be awesome. Hey Kev---I go to St. Stanislaus Kostka here in Chicago. Dad said you guys went to a church of the same name in Michigan City. Do you remember it? I think they are similarly dark and gothic and scary.

(3) American Idol is in full effect. I think it's David Cook's to lose.

(4) I just finished watching Gods & Generals and Gettysburg. Whew. That's lots of muskets and cannons. I really liked these movies and now I need to buy a civil war book. I didn't pay attention to any of it during grade school and high school. They teach history sooooo poorly at that age anyway, so I guess I don't feel like I missed much.

Hope everyone is doing well!

-Jeremy

4/02/2008 10:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeremy,
Yes there was a St. Stanislas parish in Michigan City, but we belonged to Queen of All Saints parish. Your dad went to school at St. Stans one year because Queens was filled up. That was the year your dad suffered a concussion while playing on St. Stan's asphalt playground.

HI SAM!!

4/02/2008 12:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot to sign the last post. That was from me.

Kevin

4/02/2008 12:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! So Dad's concussion could have affected his memory of St. Stan's?

That's right. I remember you guys went to Queen of All Saints. I remember that name.

How did my Dad thump is noggin? Is that why he gets motion sickness when he watches us play video games? :)

4/02/2008 12:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he was playing touch football during recess and got tackled instead of touched...but he's the one who could give you the true story.

4/02/2008 2:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've been busy busy this week to...at work anyway...2 runaways! We finally caught them and they are being shipped back to spend a month in detention or "kid jail" as we like to call it....Fun times!

4/02/2008 6:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

American Idol. When are they going to get rid of that dumb Blondie, not Brook. And David Cook is good so hope he stays. True he is a sloppy dresser. Love the show but Cardinal baseball is getting in the way of it now. Go Cards!

4/02/2008 9:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So ATA Airlines shut down today permanently. That was who we flew to Maui last year for the honeymoon. I cannot imagine going to the counter looking for my boarding pass and being told sorry sir, not only is your flight canceled, but we are just going to cease operations all together so you aren't going to Maui today. Oh yeah, there will be tons of happy people calling us at Expedia today. Glad I am off for the next 2 days!!! Woooo Hoooo!!

4/03/2008 12:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam, check your hotmail ASAP!
Love MOM

4/03/2008 4:34 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Help, I forgot where to go to change my picture on my blog site?

Hi Sam, I am still working on shrinking that picture! UGHH!

4/05/2008 3:33 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Mom, if you can upload the picture you want shrank onto Wal-Greens, and send me the link, I can make it smaller/change the format for you.

And I'll try and post a new blog tomorrow afternoon/night sometime.

Talk to you later!

4/05/2008 3:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home