...or the Daring Adventures of Daring-Do from the Most Eccentrical Wunderkind der Springfield via Quincy

Friday, April 25, 2008

92T0

Yep, that's my Air Force Specialty Code (AFSC), which means I'll be headed to pilot training at some point in the future...either after graduation or after grad school, depending on how things turn out. I'm pretty stoked. Anyway, here's a video from YouTube for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv9OaU2FR80

Sorry I couldn't embed it. There are some other videos that a pretty sweet, but I like this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaIt7ybwEe8

Have a nice day everyone!

111 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool video Sam. I especially liked AC/DC playing in the background. I love the old stuff, man.

4/25/2008 4:25 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Sam, sure you don't want to be a Scientist? Or if you must fly, fly a Cargo Plane? PLEASE!

Love MOM

4/25/2008 5:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Izzy just gave another one away in the 9th. Damn red birds.

4/25/2008 11:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good video's Sam. Enjoyed them.

Yeah! Cards win! Cards win! Wainwright pitched a whole game. Over 120 pitches! No Izzy and maybe that is for the best anymore.

4/26/2008 2:30 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Hey, has anyone seen "Jessie James" w/Brad Pitt?

Hi Sam!

4/28/2008 5:43 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

No but I'll watch it if he takes his shirt off...ha ha!

4/28/2008 7:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw it Becky and it wasn't worth it. I was not impressed with Pitt in this movie.

4/28/2008 9:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched a documentary on Jesse James last night. Nifty. He really tore up Missouri, eh?

I haven't seen the Brad Pitt movie.

I haven't heard much about it.

I did watch "Gone, Baby Gone" recently. That was good. Good and disturbing. Blech.

4/29/2008 12:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll pass on disturbing...thanks for the heads up!

4/29/2008 5:52 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Hey we saw Gone Baby Gone too, agree, good movie, kept thinking it was the end, but it kept going and going, Got 27 Dresses for this weekend! I am sure Kevin will be thrilled to watch this one.

Hi Sam!

4/29/2008 7:02 PM

 
Blogger Kesi said...

I think the last movie Chris and I watched was Evan Almighty. Very cute and clean to watch with the Rush Bucket.

4/30/2008 9:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Book or Movie reviews, anyone?

I'm reading "Until Proven Innocent"---the badness book on the Duke LaCrosse rape hoax. It's a fantastic book. And I can't put it down.

5/02/2008 12:01 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

I just finished "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett. Almost a thousand pages long! It was really good...makes me so glad I didn't live in the 12th century!

5/02/2008 12:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo. I see women reading that on the train all the time. Dang. Oprah's got magical powers with lady readers.

If I was single, I'd read Pillars of The Earth and Middlesex and A Million Little Pieces and I'd be all, "Oh, I read that. It was very good. I really liked how strong the female character is, despite her yearning. Would you like to get a latte?"

5/02/2008 12:44 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

It is actually a very manly book...lots of raping and pillaging and war. There are two strong female characters though...but there are more male characters.

I guess Dad was overwhelmed by Oprah's magical powers because he's the one who bought the book...maybe he heard about it from his man-secretary while they were drinking appletinis...

5/02/2008 2:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oprah has magical powers over all of us. She's an alien.

I watched David Blaine do his 17 minutes of holding his breath under water on Oprah the other night. That was crazy.

I want to see what would happen to her book club if she recommended a book like American Psycho or A Clockwork Orange.

She'd have to bring on Dr. Oz to discuss nightmares.

5/02/2008 3:03 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

I don't care for Oprah, but Kevin did get "Pillars of the Earth" for me from her suggestion, I had no idea he watched her before I get home from work! It was a very good book though, and trust me Jeremy, this is not a book for a skirmish woman! ICK! the women only took a bath once a month!! and men once a year, except on their wedding day it would be 2 times a year.

Hey Chris, and Jeremy got to see your folks for a bit this past week at Uncle Willie's funeral, They are really stoked you guys are moving to Columbia!(Chris & Kesi , & Rush Bucket)

Hi Sam! We are back at home now, good trip, got to see lots of family.

5/02/2008 8:59 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

oh and Kesi, love Rush's picture on your comment!

5/02/2008 8:59 PM

 
Blogger Kesi said...

Hello everyone, if no one is busy this weekend you can take a trip to Vermillion for Rush's b-day party and Chris' graduation party. Mike, Sue, Brianna, Jeremy, Dennis & Pat will all be here!

5/05/2008 7:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iron Man: Erica and I saw it this weekend. It was fantastic. Lots of fun.

howdy all,
jeremy

5/05/2008 8:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grrrrr...

I'm done defending Jason Isringhausen

5/08/2008 8:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy, I agree totally!

5/08/2008 9:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rick Ankiel is the man. Hands down. I have never seen someone with such an accurate arm as him. I mean who is capable of throwing from the warning track all the way to third without a cut-off man to beat one of the fastest runners in baseball. Anyone see that amazing thrown the other night? Taveras didn't have a chance. Then, just when you think that is a miracle of a play, he does it again in the same game. That is amazing baseball.

5/08/2008 12:31 PM

 
Blogger Kesi said...

I'm glad to see you come around Jeremy. Now we are on the same page with Izzy.

5/08/2008 12:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those throws by Ankiel were NUTS!

Hmmmm... you may be right---Vlad Guerrero's arm has lapsed a bit. Ichiro has a really good arm and is really consistent with it, but I'm not sure his best throw would be as good as Ankiel's best throw.

BJ Upton's supposed to have a heck of an arm (he used to play shortstop I think). But I couldn't find any video of him chucking one, so I'll have to wait and see.

Those Ankiel throws were great...

5/08/2008 2:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think those throws even surprised Ank. Mark and I think he'd make a good baseball story with all he's been through. Someone text Larry Walker and ask him if he had a superman out there in center field. Now Duncan they can also give the boot but won't because he's a coaches son. I get so disgusted with him in left. He looks so out of place.

5/08/2008 7:05 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Happy 78th Birthday to my dad!! Have a great day dad, hope you get to eat lots, and lots of mushrooms today, I heard though the grape vine that you should have your full of them. Go and do something wild and crazy today! Love Bec

Hi Sam!!

5/08/2008 8:12 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Hi Tera, will be thinking of you on Friday during your knee surgery, be sure to ask for lots of ice cream afterwords, I hear it is good for knees! Love Aunt Becky

5/08/2008 8:13 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Probably won't see me on here tomorrow A.M. going to be up at Rach's for the annual garage sale at her house, we are all hoping to make Millions at it! hahahahah, I am in charge of bringing bagels.

Have a good weekend all.

Sam, did you get your cookies?

Chris congratulations again to your on getting your Masters! and Happy Birthday to Rush, give him a squeeze from me. Have fun with Sue and Mike,Briana and I hear Pat, Dennis and Allison will be there too.

5/08/2008 8:17 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Hi Mom! Yes, I got the cookies and they are awesome! Thanks a bunch! Oh, and I like your new picture! Hahaha!

5/08/2008 8:18 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

5/09/2008 8:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Grandpa Marcks! Don't let a house fall on you today!xhsnyqkq

5/09/2008 8:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garage Sale Update...I am up to $121...Don't tell Tom! Mom has raked in a whole $12 and Rach is up to about $30...I love unloading all my junk!

5/09/2008 8:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Izzy has got to go. He did it again tonight. When will Lurusso open up his eyes.

5/09/2008 9:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mudders Day to all the Mudders.

5/10/2008 8:11 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Geez, there is a lot going on this weekend!

Congrats on your graduation Chris!

Happy 1st birthday Rushums!

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

I hope everyone enjoys their days!
Rachel

5/10/2008 8:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Larussa finally woke up! Izzy will not longer be the closer. They are not getting rid of him but trying to figure out just where he will fit in. Franklin or Springer will do the closing bit. I kinda feel for Izzy as he didn't have to many to go to have 300 Saves, but he had to go. Whew! What a relief.

5/10/2008 9:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

youuuuuuuu hoooooooooooo! Is anyone out there?

5/13/2008 10:46 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

yes, I am here, but don't watch baseball! BORING!!

Hi Sam, see you got snow out there!! ICK! HOw are finals going for ya?

5/13/2008 4:43 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Hi Mom! Finals are going pretty well so far, but I have my toughest ones on Thursday and Friday, so wish me luck!

5/13/2008 4:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on your finals Sam!

5/13/2008 7:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Sam. Granny D will have you in my Rosary.

5/13/2008 8:40 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

You can do it! Go Sam!

5/13/2008 8:44 PM

 
Blogger Kesi said...

Happy Birthday to my sweet baby!

5/15/2008 5:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rush!!!! Grab a bottle and celebrate like a Holbrook!!!

HI SAM!

Kevin-Dad-Great Uncle Kevin

5/15/2008 11:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon! I am finally back among the "regular" world. The new store in Quincy opened this morning. That makes 3 new stores in less than 3 months - I am exhausted.
My reason for writing - I had a dream about Darlene and Mark the night before we left for SD.

In my dream....We decided to stay at the Marck's home the night before we left for SD so we would be "closer to the interstate". The really funny part was Mark waits on Darlene for everything - he doted on her, made dinner, did the dishes, asked if she needed anything all the time. When asked why he does all this, his response was "she has worked so hard for our family raising the kids and working - now it is my turn to take care of her". BTW - Darlene was sitting in a chair with her feet propped up the entire time. Mark was a great host to all of us.

End of the dream.

Several questions:
1. Why did I dream about Mark/Darlene?
2. Is there any truth to the "Mark waiting on Darlene" all the time?
3. Why did I think we needed to be closer to the interstate?

5/15/2008 12:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our trip to SD was great! We are so proud of Chris and his accomplishments. We can hardly wait until they are closer to home. Rush is very, very handsome! He loves being on the floor playing with his toys, crawling and closing doors - especially if you go into the pantry.

5/15/2008 12:24 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Check out my graduation cake:

http://blog.mises.org/archives/008110.asp

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/021003.html

5/15/2008 12:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw your cake, Chris. Very nice but I really liked little Rush's cake the best.

Darn, it Izzy lost another one! I thought they were going to bench him!

Congratulations Chris! Where do you go from here?

Sam how are the test coming along?

5/15/2008 3:09 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

hahahahaha, Susie I want to know too why you were dreaming about my mom and dad?? I laughed so hard, And pretty sure that it is the other way around, mom waiting on dad, hmmmm, maybe you heard it was dad's b-day recently that made you dream of them?

I saw both cakes too for Chris and Rush, made my mouth water!

Happy Birthday Rush Man! You look good for 1!!

HI SAM!!

5/15/2008 4:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susi, what a wonderful dream and that is exactly what it was a dream ( of mine ). Like Bec says it is the other way around. At times he does wait on me but they are few and far between. And I do sit in my chair, Big Bertha, with my feet up to watch the Cards or American Idol.

Terry was in the new store and said she got lots of bargains!

5/15/2008 8:26 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Sam is in California as of today, Sunday! Lucky Guy, one of the perks of being in the Military!

He will be there 5 weeks, except going back to the Academy next weekend for "The Ring Dance" big deal dance where he gets his class ring, he is flying his girlfriend Amanda out for the big shin dig.

Hey everyone, I got Kevin a USED bike this weekend! It is in the shop now getting tuned up, but I think it will be perfect for him! So excited, it was a "steal"!

Great weekend, such nice weather, here comes Monday, UGH!

Hi Sam, if you are getting this keep us posted!

5/18/2008 3:46 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Oh almost forgot, Kevin finally put me in a screen door for our kitchen, love it, love it, Thanks Dear! He worked most of Sunday afternoon putting it up! hmmm, now let me think of what else I have been wanting done?

5/18/2008 3:48 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Sam-Have fun at the Ring Dance with Amanda! Take lots of pictures please :)

5/23/2008 7:30 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Congrats on your doctorate Trish!

5/24/2008 4:49 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

It gave me goosebumps as they called "Dr. Trisha Blickhan" to receive her diploma! Congrats Trish, proud of you, oh and I have this ache in my back, can you help?

Sam is officially a "Senior" now, can you believe it? Remember when he started this blog site his first year out there? Anyone interested in going to his graduation next year,( he gets unlimited tickets) not to early to make reservations. He will be graduating on May 27th 2009!!

5/25/2008 11:40 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Hey Chris, Have you seen "Indiana Jones" new movie yet? We went to go see it today, it was pretty good! thumbs up, and I think Harrison Ford has not aged a bit!

Very good Memorial Weekend, now back to work tomorrow, UGH! Hate Tuesdays! hahahhahah

Hi Sam, hope you let us know all about the "Ring Dance" looking forward to seeing pic's from Amanda.

5/26/2008 7:34 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Yes, I watched it tonight... I felt like I did after seeing Rocky V - such a poor way to cap a series. Lucas and Spielberg should have their movie making cards taken away. It was worse than I thought it would be. (I even expected to be disappointed.)

5/28/2008 10:18 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

You are right Chris, but still intertaining, that is what we go to the movies for, but I do think that 10 years ago it was much more believeable, I thought Harrison Ford still looked good!

Now, I am looking forward to seeing Sex in the City!

Girls what to go?

Hi Sam, are you online yet?

5/29/2008 7:41 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

No...I've never watched Sex and the City and I'm probably not going to start...

5/29/2008 8:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom I will go and I know Amanda wants to too...Rach, you're missing out!

5/29/2008 3:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well what do ya know, I randomly get on here and see there is talk about the new Sex in the City movie. It just so happens my friends and I are going to see it Friday night to kick off our weekend of Bachelorette festivities before my best friend gets hitched June 7. Have fun if you go see it!
It was nice seeing Aunt Becky and Uncle Kevin in Des Moines last weekend. Dr. Trisha is still my pain and torture, but I must say my knee is getting a lot better!
I have a busy summer coming up...maid-of-honor in 2 weddings, speech therapy clinicals for school, online classes, working, studying for the GRE, and applying to grad schools. Wish I could go to Branson with my family next week, oh well I'm sure they will have fun whether I'm there or not.
Sounds like Sam has a busy summer too. Good luck with everything and have fun!

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Tera

5/29/2008 5:32 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Hi Tera, good to see you on the blog! It has been kinda slow on here lately, Sam gone, Chris and Kesi getting ready for their big move to Missouri!! Rach and I training for the TourDeCour which is coming up on June 7th, Kevin and Sarah went to the volunteer dinner last night, they have to be in their spot by 6am, ICK! Amanda is coming over tonight for pizza and showing us pic's of the Ring Dance weekend! YEAH! Anyway, yep, busy times of summer, love it though! Have a good weekend everyone, oh and Tera, let us know if the movie is good.

Hi Sam, if you are getting this yet??

5/30/2008 2:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The movie was good. I really enjoy the episodes on TV so the movie made it even better. Lots of nudity and sex scenes...pretty sure this is the only reason I saw about 10 guys in the whole theater. Only movie I've been too where I almost felt uncomfortable with all the estrogen in the room! It was fun though, I went with 3 really good friends so we were trying to decide which of the characters the 4 of us resembled! Maybe I should take a trip to NYC to find out, haha if only I could afford that! Anyway, let me know if you get to go see it.

Hello to everyone else not interested in the SATC movie. Although I think my Grandma D should look into it, kind of reminds me of her smut books..not that I've ever read one!

Oh and good luck and have fun at the tour this coming weekend! I'm in a wedding but I'll be thinking of you!

Hello cousin Sam of mine, wherever you are!

Tera

6/02/2008 6:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky and Rachel, good luck in upcoming bike tour/race. Your doing it for a good cause. I'll be thinking of you as we are hopefully putting up a fence. That is if the rain would only stay away! About that movie, "Sex in the City", or whatever it is called, doubt if I would care for it as I didn't get to watch the TV version. Grandpa you know. Baseball or History or Andy Griffin is as far as we go around here. lol Tera is your basement staying dry. So many people are having problems here with all the rain and storms.

6/03/2008 9:24 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Rach and I are ready for the 35 mile bike ride on Saturday, we did 20 this past weekend,and feel confident we can finish it,we might be a bit sore though.

I got a flat tire in the back,but all repaired and ready to go. Kevin and Sarah are going to be at one of the rest stops, Kevin is the Captain of his ship!

The Diabetes Assoc. is having breakfast and lunch for bikers and volunteers, so going to be a fun family day.

Thanks to all who donated, Rach and I are really happy to do this ride to help with research for diabetes, "diabetes won't be us!"

Update on Sam, he is in the middle of the dessert with no INTERNET and his cell phone service sucks,but he is enjoying the research work very much.

6/03/2008 5:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What type of dessert is Sam in the middle of? Is it chocolate and peanut butter pie of some kind? Mmmmmm, I love chocolate and peanut butter but don't really like cake. That's weird, I never really thought about having internet access in my pie. Why would I wanna do that? I could really do some research in desserts. But then again, I might explode and that would be messy and no one likes a mess.

6/04/2008 1:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay - all you highly educated young sons, daughters,nieces and nephews - I have one question:

Why didn't Hillary step aside last night?

Isn't that the "normal" thing to do at this point? Isn't that the dignified thing to do at this point? Shouldn't this be Obama's time to shine - to pull the Dems together?

What am I missing?

6/04/2008 10:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last comment was from me - I forgot to sign my name!

Sue Holbrook

6/04/2008 10:28 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

I argue that the Clintons act in the benefit of the Clintons and not the Democratic party. (Not that I think anyone has to act for the benefit of a party; I am a Ron Paul supporter) By simply stepping aside, Hillary would join the ranks of the many who have lost nomination bids. She is much closer to the nomination than other losers have been and "staying" in the race by not conceding adds to her political aura. The Clintons have a reputation of stepping on anyone to get their way, so stifling Obama's nomination fits. She could also be vying for an appointment from Obama - Secretary of State, VP, etc. Mom, you are asking about the motives of a person who has many (not naturally) dead friends.

6/04/2008 1:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky and Rachel, good luck on your big diabetes ride this Saturday.......2 more days to go! It sound like a great day!

Sue.....have you found Holly Dolly yet? HaHaHaHaHa!!!!!

Sam....we miss you!

HI SAMMY!

Aunt Jill

6/05/2008 3:49 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Love to hear from you Sue! We think that Hillary is hoping for some great big breaking news about Oboma, and then she will be right there to take over for the Democrats!. Kevin thinks there is some breaking news yet to come regarding him.

Tom, thank you so much for correcting me, where would I be w/o you!

Next big question: who do you think John McCain should ask for the VP slot?

6/05/2008 4:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Hillary is holding out for (1) Barack to pay off her campaign debt and (2) maybe she wants a cabinet position. She knows that the Democrats are fractured straight down the middle. Obama needs her voters to support him, since they are the democrats most likely to vote for John McCain. So she can squeeze Obama for the 11 Million and a cabinet position. If he doesn't play ball, then she can take this mess all the way to the convention and put up a stink about how she won more popular votes and that she's more electable. This leaves the Dems fractured and allows McCain to argue, "You think you can unite the country? You can't even unite your own party."

If he gives her the $ and a cabinet position, she could give some moving speech to her followers about how great Barack Obama is and fully endorse him.

I'm just guessing. I wondered about the idea that she has some dirt on Obmama, but I don't think so. If it was SO HUGE that it would cost the first black presidential nominee the nomination, we'd already know about it. I figure they can't keep anything that HUGE hush-hush.

Anyways

6/05/2008 7:14 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Does anyone else think McCain's wife looks like "Political wife Barbi"? Seriously...she looks plastic...

6/05/2008 8:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, people, just remember no matter whom is voted into the office of President, we have only 4 years when we can vote again! As for McCain's running mate, Becky. He'd be wise to pick Romney. He has a huge following. McCain will certainly need a very good running mate as he has nothing to offer, himself. Although, I do thank him for all he did for our country and feel for him for being held prisoner, he is not the only one. Only you never hear about these men. And sense he wants to continue this stupid war, he will lose many many votes. Also he is to darn old! That would be like me running for President! Hey, that wouldn't be so bad. A lot of perks!

Everyone have a good week end! Hopefully without rain. Beck and Rachel I'll be thinking of you. Kev and Sarah have a hoot watching these bikers. Have plenty of water for them!

6/06/2008 7:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually Darlene, Kev will be watching the hooters on the bikers!! HaHaHaHaHa!!! I crack myself up.

Kevin for President!!!!

Jill

6/06/2008 3:06 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Just talked to Sam on the phone and the little booger is in Vegas! I am soooo jealous! Hope you have fun Sam! Win lots of money on the Monopoly slots :-)

Mom and I are all set for the Tour de Cure...wish us luck!

6/06/2008 8:37 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

YEAH!! We did it! Had a bit of trouble with Rach's front tire, picked up a piece of glass right from the start so it kept going flat, good thing Kevin got me a compressed air kit for Mothers Day! We did good though, finished in 3 1/2 hours, and that was with stopping at 2 rest stops about 15 min. each.

Kevin and Sarah's rest stop was the BEST EVER! Lots of excitement from their crew for all the bikers coming in.

Rach and I got a eyeful of the male bikers packages, if ya know what I mean, heheheheheh

Hi Sam!

6/08/2008 7:16 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Eeewww...it was gross!

6/08/2008 7:26 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

This is what happens when one scans a post too quickly:

beckaroni said... "Rach and I got a eyeful of the BEST male biker packages EVER."

6/08/2008 7:23 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Also, I am changing my election prediction:

I thought once McCain won the nomination that Obama would beat him in the general election with ease. But since Hillary is now vying for the VP spot, I am changing my prediction. Hillary's move looks like the death knell for Obama. Therefore, unless the Democrats wake up and support another Obama VP preference, the McCainiacs will triumph over the Obamanation.

6/08/2008 7:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Chris, ye of little faith. Congrats to Becky and Rachel on their bike ride. Good job gals!

6/08/2008 10:40 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

It seems to be the "Dream Ticket" in the Republicans' eyes - the most leftist Senator (Obama) and the most hated Dem (Clinton). (McCain has to be loving the prospect of Hillary as Obama's running mate.) It's a no-win situation for Obama. If he doesn't pick Clinton, all the womyn voters will be angry; if he does pick Clinton, he'll look like he is kowtowing. The Clintons are the thorns in the side of the Democratic party. I think Obama will win if he picks Bill Richardson as his running mate.

6/09/2008 3:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris. Couldn't agree with you more. I think Bill Richardson is a perfect pick for Obama's VP.

McCain can pick off an Obama/Hilary ticket pretty easy. I'd just replay all of Hilary's ads and speaches where she called Obama too inexperienced and an elitist. He'd get to paint Obama as too inexperienced and Hillary as a political opportunist with ads he didn't even make :)

6/12/2008 10:10 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Exactly Jeremy, I didn't think McCain had a chance; but if Oba-Ma picks the Road Ham, then McCain will win. I hope we have another "election 2000 no-mandate" result in November.

6/12/2008 10:31 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Decision 2008 just isn't going to be the same without Tim Russert...sad...

6/13/2008 9:55 PM

 
Blogger Kesi said...

Happy Birthday to my Mommy!

6/14/2008 10:25 AM

 
Blogger Kesi said...

The last post was from Rush.

6/14/2008 10:26 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Rush, you must be very advanced to be using a computer at your age! Happy Birthday Kesi!

Happy Fathers Day to all the dad's out there!! Especially to my Dad! Have a good day Dad, remember where you got it from?

Happy Fathers Day Kevin, probably won't get this till Monday.

Hi Sam!

Hi Sam!

6/15/2008 7:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good birthday Kesi!

We had a fun time with Granny, Jill, Bryson and Lauren...Rod and Lynn joined us too. Always nice to have visitors here in MO!

6/16/2008 6:24 AM

 
Blogger Kesi said...

By the way, I turned 30 this past Saturday and I'm not ticked about it any more.

6/17/2008 3:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Sam. I stumbled upon your blog and very much enjoyed reading the comments by your friends and family. Thank you Mr. Sam for your hard work.

Your new blog friend,
Mr. HOG

6/23/2008 9:00 PM

 
Blogger Kesi said...

Any volunteers to help us move once we get to Columbia? We should arrive at our new place on Sunday, August 3rd.

7/03/2008 10:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kesi,
So far our schedule for that weekend looks good. Becky and I think we'll be able to help out. Send your new address to my hotmail so I can google a map.

Kevin

7/03/2008 11:45 AM

 
Blogger Kesi said...

1514 Hickman is the address, it is a duplex in Fox Run subdivision

7/03/2008 11:56 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Josh and I can help too! Mom...can we hitch a ride???

7/03/2008 8:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll go!

7/04/2008 6:49 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

cool, we'll make it a family affair! And we must eat at Shakespear Pizza! YUMMY for your tummy! See yas in Aug. Kesi and Chris!!

Happy 4th of July everyone, Quincy, get ready, here we come!

7/04/2008 8:13 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Crazy insane weekend in Quincy, Sarah got a attack from kidney stones and gall stones on Friday night! She had surgery today (their 1st anniversary )to open up a blockage in her urethra. Tom and Rach are there with her, along with all the Quincy Family on both sides, Thank You! I had made the decision to come home, thinking she was going to be alright and be home soon.

Rach said the surgery went well, Sarah is tired and on drugs so no pain, but GOSH, can you believe this?? Poor Girl , if you want to send card send to Granny, she will make sure Sarah gets it.

Good to see everyone this past weekend, I know Sarah was looking forward to seeing everyone .

This is Sam's last week home, he will be heading back to the Hill on Friday, :-(

7/07/2008 5:26 PM

 
Blogger Kesi said...

Made a mistake, our address is:
1514 Hickam Dr.

My bad.

7/08/2008 5:25 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Please keep Sarah in your prayers, Sue just called me, she said Sarah is not doing good at all, still has fever and not sure where the infection is that is causing it. Thanks Becky

7/08/2008 6:18 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Vote for me this year:

http://baxtyblog.blogspot.com/

7/09/2008 11:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynn/Rod, Jill/Brian/Bryson/Lauren, Mike/Sue/Brianna and Therese have booked 2 - (2 bedroom) suites at the Hilton Homewood Suites in Colorado Springs for 5/25/09 thru 5/28/09. Now we are hoping Mike and Brian will be able ditch work to join us. We are so excited! For once being over 50 paid off....I got a great deal on the rooms because of AARP!

Aunt Sue

7/09/2008 2:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful Sue!!! I need to get my AARP card now that I'm 50!

The Homewood Suites are very nice. We've stayed there before. It's close to the Academy and they have a great breakfast buffet!

We're so glad you've made plans to join us next May!

Love, Kev

P.S. I need to get one of those sweet AARP cards!

7/10/2008 11:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just made reservations for Sam's graduation. Got a great deal with my AARP. Old age counts for something! I got a 2 bedroom suite. Sue just where is your hotel? Ours is the Hilton Homewood Suites but one had no availability. Ours says something about Airport. 5/25-5/28 in 2009.

7/11/2008 9:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darlene - we are staying at the same hotel. The Homewood close to the AFA was full. AWESOME - AARP came to the rescue. Meet you at the pool.

7/11/2008 10:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful Darlene! Who's staying with you?

Either Hilton will be a nice place to stay.

If the address is 2875 Zepplin Road, it's the one close to the Academy. About a 10 minute drive if traffic is light.

If the address is 9130 Explorer Drive, it's by the airport and will be about a 30 minute drive to the Academy if traffic is light.

I'll map the best route to take if you're at the airport Hiton.

Kevin

7/11/2008 11:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin, we will be at the airport Hilton. Now about that pool, Sue.

7/11/2008 2:21 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Chris...you need to help me...Josh wants a pipe for his birthday. I was told you were the "go to guy" for pipes/tobacco related paraphernalia...

7/11/2008 5:48 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

UPDATE ON SARAH! I am back in Quincy, sitting w/Sarah in her hospital room. She had surgery this afternoon to remove the stint, still has to pass the kidney stone yet, bummer, but she is doing good, no fever! She still has her friend R2D2 walking around w/her. She ended up having a really bad case of staff infection.

We want to thank all the Quincy Family for being here for Sarah, it meant a lot to us and to Sarah. Thank you all so much! I am springing her out of here tomorrow!

Sam is headed back to Colorado as I type this, or maybe he has arrived by now. He had some trouble with he bike, it fell off his bike rack, lucky for him no one directly behind him so a accident was avoided, not sure how the bike is, Sam said he didn't take much time to check it out before putting it in the back of his SUV.

So happy to see you will all be making the trip out to CO next May!! We rented a house with a yard , so plan on eating supper w/us Wednesday night after Graduation, also going to have a tail gate for lunch right after the Graduation. More info to come when it gets closer.

TTYL Becky

7/11/2008 6:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel, Check out Just for Him in spfld...they have pipes and stuff.

Thanks to everyone for all the prayers and visits and cards and gifts this week. I am finally feeling better!!!!!! 6 days in the hospital is way too long!

7/11/2008 6:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home