...or the Daring Adventures of Daring-Do from the Most Eccentrical Wunderkind der Springfield via Quincy

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Woot Woot!

Okay, I'm back. I've pretty much been sucked into the Olympics and school for the past, well, month or so. Don't you love the Olympics? It's kind of like the first 4 days of March Madness...constant sports. Or like in the summer when you have the NBA Finals, the NHL Finals, and usually some sort of soccer tournament, like the World Cup or UEFA Cup.

Anyway, I love the Olympics. My favorite part so far has been laughing and cheering when the 12 year old China-women fall during the gymnastics competition. Is that wrong? I mean, I do feel kind of bad because they're 12. But then again, I also like to play little kids in basketball and beat them mercilessly because it makes me feel good about myself. Oh well. Oh, and the Chinese also piss me off because they keep getting great scores for crap-tastic events, like that China-lady who FELL on the vault and still beat the American (Sacramone I think...I might be wrong). And another thing, the Chinese team is not attractive at all. I guess it's a good thing I don't find 12 year old girls attractive or I might end up like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_kADup_wZw . I will say that the men's events (particularly the rings) makes me feel inadequate as a male. Those guys are so uber-jacked it's ridiculous. Just watching the rings or the pommel horse or the parallel bars makes my arms hurt. Those guys probably get lots of chicks.

My other favorite thing about the Olympics is the completely awesome events. Everyone watches gymnastics, beach volleyball, track and field, and swimming. But I love the shooting events, like archery and the shot gun stuff. I wish they'd show more of those. Those rock. Sweet Shawn Johnson, you can do a triple back tuck with two and a half twists, but will that save you from a mugger? No, but an arrow to the face would. Or the karate stuff...that's pretty useful to.

But the best game ever? Badminton. Period. No discussion, no debate. Badminton is the coolest game of all time. It's the fastest game in the world. "Shuttlecock" is a hilarious word. And badminton rocks. It rocks so hard in fact that I'm going to enter a badminton tournament in Omaha, Nebraska in October. I still need to work out the logistics of everything, but I'm pretty stoked to go. I bought a sweet sweat head band and wrist bands to help facilitate my rocking of the opponents. I've played badminton a lot since last spring when I bought a set, and at home on the giant set. I'm entering the Recreational and Open brackets. I think I stand some-what of a chance in the Rec bracket, but I'll probably get my behind handed to me in the Open bracket. All those Asians, powered by fried rice, live for this game. But I figure I can make up for my lack of General Tao's Chicken powerd smashes by being stronger than those dudes. Oh, and blinding them with my paleness. And another plus is that a bunch of people are actually interested in watching me play. My roommate and some guys in my squad might go with me to watch. And Mom, Dad, and Amanda said that they would go up to Omaha to watch. So that would be pretty legitimate. Then again, if I get destroyed in the first round of both brackets I'll kind of feel like the end of a horse where poo comes out. But how sweet would that be?

Movie Review: "The King of Kong: A Fist Full of Quarters"
This is actually a documentary about a guy from Redmond, Washington trying to beat the World Record in Donkey Kong. Sounds pretty lame right? Well, yeah. It's dorky as hell. But the documentary is soooooo incredible awesome my head almost blew up the first time I watched it. They people who play these games are so utterly ridiculous you can't help but love how nerdy they are. Even if you don't like classic gaming, or video games in general, you'll probably like this documentary. And you have to keep reminding yourself that these people are REAL and they really are that obsessed with classic video games. And I guarentee you'll hate Billy Mitchell by the end of the movie. Get this movie...now! It's awesome.

Here's the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPLjXjObEms

The Gamers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-RG9c3tk0A

And just to keep things interesting, here's another sweet video from YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccgXjA2BLEY Bubb Rub and Lil' Sis. Classy, classy people who just want to decorate their whips.

So, have fun watching the rest of the Olympics. If things work out incredibly in my favor, I could be in London in 2012 badmintoning it up for the USA...at least in my dreams.

Until then, keep on keepin' on...

65 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my. I can totally see it now. Samuel K. Holbrook Air Force Academy graduate and Badminton Champion of the world. I think Napoleon Dynamite should have touched on that sport in the movie. I would have totally been hooked if that were the case. I can totally see that kid with a sweat band in his hair rockin' some pimped out Umbros that are WAY too tight with some thick frames and a couple pockets full of tots. Badminton truly is the game of champions. I think I should go sign up for the Putt-Putt Championship of the world. And yes, it does exist and is on ESPN. Badminton is great though, especially when you rock a GARGANTUAN shuttle cock like the one your parents have.

8/19/2008 11:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, never know when to take you serious. That's ok as I guess Grandma's are not suppose to take their grandchildren serious. Would like to ask a favor of you. Take care of your mom when you guys go on those rapids. I just know she'll fall out of that tube you go in. So hold on to her, please.

Latest movie this woman went to was "Dark Knight" and yes, Tom, Heath Ledger did a fantastic job as the joker. I, of course had my hands over my eyes several times in the movie as I never knew what he would do with that little knife he carried. Now it leaves to wonder if Batman will be back. I didn't like the ending.

8/20/2008 7:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam!

8/20/2008 1:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam, are you watching that new realtor show on Bravo? I forget what it's called but I HATE Chad's hair! Yuck!

8/20/2008 1:03 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Million Dollar Listings...I like that show but not as good as Flipping Out...fo sho

8/20/2008 5:14 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Hi Sam, glad to finally see a new blog entry! Hey, don't you have to have a teammate to play badmitton?

1 year ago on this day Kevin was diagnosed with "the diabetes"! so should I say Happy Anniversary? or unhappy anniversary? or that damn diabetes won't beat us!!

Hi Sam! see ya soon, make sure you know where all the women bathrooms are! Hard to believe we are going to our very last "Parents Weekend"!

8/20/2008 5:53 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

trying out my new picture, hey Sam, I like the picture of you and Amanda on the main page!

8/20/2008 7:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a funny Olympic video for your viewing pleasure. I got it in an email and it made me laugh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfwM1DWGmsc

Also, I got that Bubb Rubb video in an email years ago and I watched it so many times, I almost lost my mind it was so funny. I like the remix version too where they make a rap song out of what they say. Or there's a sound board online too where you can make your own song out of what Bubb Rubb says. "It's fo decoration!" "Wooooooo wooooooo!!!!"

8/21/2008 12:30 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

I for one would like to see Synchronized Swimming on the Olympics!

This was what I did in high school, loved it, even though it was hard work between this and my figure ice skating!

Hi Sam!

8/22/2008 5:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky, Becky, Becky, how your do fantasize.

8/22/2008 10:20 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Mother, Mother, Mother, you don't remember me doing this cause you worked nights! why do you think I slept in till after noon on Saturdays?

Hi Sam!

8/23/2008 8:04 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Hey Tom, will you call us Monday night when you get a chance from work? Talk w/Kevin, we need to book a room in Selena Kansas, Kevin knows where? Thanks!

Hi Sam, CYA SOON!

8/24/2008 11:07 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Testing new picture again!

8/24/2008 11:39 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

trying it again!

8/24/2008 11:42 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

or do you like this one?

8/24/2008 12:09 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

oops! I mean this one?

8/24/2008 12:11 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

I am just letting ya all know that we have no intention on stopping by in Denver for the Democrat Convention! I just hope we don't run into a traffic jam on our way to Colorado Springs!

Hi Sam, Leaving to come see you this Wednesday!! YEAH!!

8/24/2008 4:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for the middle picture. Black and whites don't show up well on my screen here at work.

Kev

8/25/2008 12:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam's dead on about King of Kong. I got sucked into it on tv and couldn't stop watching.

Great story. I wanna see the sequel....

8/25/2008 7:10 PM

 
Blogger Kesi said...

Hello out there in blogland. If anyone wants a break from their daily routine you can come to Columbia and watch Rush. We are having issues finding daycare. We'll pay you and feed you!!!!

8/26/2008 11:44 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Ready or not! Here we come again Sam!! See you Thursday! Love MOM

Kesi, happy to babysit, just bring Rush by anytime!!

8/27/2008 7:09 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Here I am Sam! We are in Salina Kansas , just got into our hotel room, as you can see I whipped out my lap top asap!! It works, cool!!

Hi Sarah and Tom and Josh!!

8/27/2008 9:13 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Me again, on my lap top in the lobby of hotel, everyone is eating a high carb breakfast, think me and Kevin and Rach are going to find a Micky D's to get some eggs!

Anyway, cool to be sitting here and be online! I think everyone else is jealous! hahahahahah

Rach, just joined me, so better get off and talk w/her.

Hi Sarah! and Tom! See you soon Sam!

8/28/2008 6:34 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Thursday night in hotel room, very tired, had a long day of driving, got here and went right away to the Academy to get the goods on t-shirts! hahahahah, you'd think I had enough,"NOT" Anyway, Sam met us there and we all went out to dinner and a bit of shopping, tomorrow is when we get to have breakfast in the Mess Hall, and walk with Sam to his classes, see him march and see his room and a cook out from his Squadron, busy day, then tomorrow night meeting all his friends and their parents, Have a good TGIF everyone!

8/28/2008 10:24 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Hey! guess where I am at? I am in the "bloggers" room! yep, right now on Sam's lap top! It is a bit smaller then mine, sorry Sam!

Anyway, having a good day for our last Parents Weekend, we just got back from the Parade, very nice day for a Parade, and then we had hamburgers and hotdogs at Sam's Squadron's cook out, YUMMY! Now we are getting ready to go to Sam's only class today., maybe I will learn something about chemistry? probably not though!

Hi Sarah , Tom and Josh, how is Kelly doing?

8/29/2008 11:52 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

I'm Back!! The house we are staying in does not have wii fi! UGH! but I found some sitting on the steps outside, cool! Had lunch with the Beaties yesterday, very fun time, had to believe 20 yrs has passed since last time Kevin saw them!

Going white water rafting today! the weather had been beatuiful while here!

Hi Sarah, Tom and Josh!! We will be back home late Tuesday night!

9/01/2008 8:08 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

I'm Back!! The house we are staying in does not have wii fi! UGH! but I found some sitting on the steps outside, cool! Had lunch with the Beaties yesterday, very fun time, had to believe 20 yrs has passed since last time Kevin saw them!

Going white water rafting today! the weather had been beatuiful while here!

Hi Sarah, Tom and Josh!! We will be back home late Tuesday night!

9/01/2008 8:08 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Back home now, UGH! hate leaving Colorado! but we will be back next May! It was a wonderful last Parents Weekend, thanks for showing us around Sam! We got to see a few things we had not seen yet, we got to do the flight simulator and went to church on base where we had not been.

It was fun to visit with the Beaties on Sunday for lunch, watch for pictures soon, Rach decided at last minute to go with us, so she took all the pictures.

The big thing we did this year was White Water Rafting under the Royal Gorge, it was awesome! a bit scary at times, in fact Kevin and Sam had to save some people that fell out of a raft behind us, that was thrilling except for the snot all over this one guys face, I wanted to throw him back in, hahahahahah

Hi Sam, miss ya already. Love MOM

9/03/2008 1:33 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

WOW! Did Sarah Palin rock the house or what last night??!! I thought she was GREAT! Only wish she was the one running for President, but w/her now with us I think we have a pretty good chance of winning in November, what do you all think?

Hi Sam!!

9/04/2008 7:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom thinks NOT

9/04/2008 9:31 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Obama is done. Before, with the nomination of McCain, I thought Obama would destroy him; but now, with the weakest Dem convention in history and Palin on the ticket, McCain has all but wrapped it up. Game, set, match... McCain. We are also seeing the first woman president. Excepting some bad controversy, Palin will be the Republican nominee in 2012. At least I can now root for someone in this race.

9/04/2008 11:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Sarah Palin too...

I am also disgusted by Barack Obama...he thinks that babies who survice partial birth abortions should still be killed instead of saved...TOTALLY SICK!

9/04/2008 4:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant survive.

9/04/2008 4:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also think the Dems and liberal media should be ashamed of themselves in saying that Palin is a great person for not having an abortion when she knew her baby would be born with Downs...what are they saying...That babies who aren't perfect should be killed! YUCK.

I could go on and on....

9/04/2008 4:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw pictures from Colorado... looks like everyone had a fun time! I'd love to go out that way for a visit sometime, looks beautiful!
Good luck this school year Sam. Graduation is right around the corner, we're almost DONE!
FYI, James just got back from a 55 day field training somewhere over there in Germany. He's back in the barracks now, but come Wednesday night he'll be home in Quincy!! He gets a little over 20 days to be home, then he's being sent back to Germany for more training and possibly getting ready for deployment. Keep saying those prayers that they don't stop-loss him so he can come home for good.

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Tera

9/06/2008 8:19 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Ok, summer is officially over in my book tha is after Labor Day Weekend, time for Fall, hmmmm, chili and pumpkin pie, soccer games, football games, Halloween! YEAH! my favorite holiday!!

Hi Sam!!

9/07/2008 11:14 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Heads up to our fellow Missourians...Rachel and Josh will be having their annual Fall Party on Friday October 24th this year! Please mark your calenders and plan to attend!

And you people who live in Illinois can come too! I know Grandma D always has a good time!

9/07/2008 3:13 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

You will be missing a wonderful Fall Party if you can't make it! Rachel throws a pleasing to the eyes and stomach party! Remember Marthat Stewart? Rachel has her beat by a mile!

Hi Sam!

9/07/2008 5:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited! Mike's boss just told him today that he can have the week of Sam's Graduation off! We are 100% coming to Colorado in May!

The pictures from Kevin and Becky's last visit were great!

9/08/2008 11:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YIPPEE!!!!!! I can't wait for Sam's graduation...it will be a blast!

9/08/2008 3:45 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Yeah! Sue! we are so excited that Mike will be coming w/you all! I am trying to find some kinda of lodging in Estes Park for Thursday after Graduation, if you find anything let me know. A few years ago we stayed in some cabins that were separate buildings but near others and close to Rocky Mountain National Park, but didn't know if you all want a pool for the kids?

Hi Sam!

9/08/2008 5:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Halloween party sounds fun Rachel, but its the same weekend as the Down Syndrome Society Buddy Walk in Springfield, IL so our weekend will be devoted to Isabelle and all her buddies! We are trying to get as many family and friends from Quincy to join us for the walk. Its a great time and for a great cause!
When is Sam's graduation? If I haven't started my summer grad classes yet I think it would be fun to go out there...well if my family decides to go of course! Anyone up for a trip to the blistering cold metropolis of Kirksville on December 13 for my graduation, let me know! :-)

Take care everyone and have a good rest of the week, I know I will-I'm off to pick up James from the airport tomorrow!

Tera

9/09/2008 6:03 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Hi Tera, Have fun with James, is he home for good? Have fun at the Buddy walk, sorry can not be there.

Sam graduates on May 27th of 2009! Keep us posted on your graduation!

Congratulations go out to Elizabeth and Rob on their engagement!! July 4Th will be a "bang up of a day"

Hi Sam!

9/09/2008 7:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not convinced they're a shoe-in, even though McCain/Palin broke open a big lead this week nationally. I don't think I have enough info on Palin. I imagine more will come out that will push me one way or the other on her. I think the big lead in the polls will reduce when people learn more about her.

I may be projecting my own thoughts on the nation though.

I'm not convinced she's experienced enough. So I'm not sure how I feel about her yet.

9/10/2008 12:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy!!!! What did you do with the Holbrook blood that was running through your veins??!! Is it gone? Voting is a religious experience to us!!! HaHAHa! No-bama has less experience that Palin by a long shot. A country ran by him is more terrifying than a black hole sucking up our world. Black pun intended. I guess if he just continued to vote "present" we may be a little safer..........

My motto: McCain, No-bama, Hillary=
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Jill

9/10/2008 4:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. I love you Jill! Here's the thing to...what good is a healthy environment if we're gonna get nuked by Iran!?

9/10/2008 4:28 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Isn't it funny how closely we are looking at the VP picks? I don't remember a election where the VP was so important to us, and how often do you hear of the VP during ones Presidency?

I liked Sarah Palin right off the bat, she is someone I could go coffee and bagel with. Now with Biden, I think I would hide my money under the sofa if he came around! He looks like a gangster to me! By the way, why are they not digging stuff up about Biden?

Hi Sam!

9/10/2008 5:58 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

UPDATE ON FALL PARTY!!!!!!!

Josh came home tonight and said work is flying him to kansas city, chicago and michigan October 20th through the 24th. He won't get home until late late on friday so we will be moving the party to SATURDAY night, the 25th! Everyone re-mark your calenders please!

9/10/2008 6:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Questioning my Holbrookness is a little below the belt, but fair as my blood is mixed in with Guthrie blood. Guthrie blood is good for asking questions and wanting answers---that whole "trust, but verify" thing. The Guthrie side is also why I don't have a flat Holbrook butt. So I give it lots of credit.

And wait a minute. I believe that back in 1999/2000 I was one of few Holbrooks supporting John McCain over George W. Bush for the Republican nomination. So I feel as though I rank as one of the few long-time McCain supporters found sitting around the O'Hara pool.

And I'm with you on Obama/Biden. Obama scares me because I think his view on Iraq is shortsighted and I think his economic policy is backwards. And for those who think he's a change agent, please stroll through Chicago and Springfield and check on the "change" he brought to these Governments in the last 10-12 yrs. None. Zilch. Zip.

Here's my problem: McCain picked Palin over people like Tom Ridge, for example: 12 Yrs in the House, 6 years as governor of PA, and 2 years as the country's first Secretary of Homeland Security.

McCain had ladies and fellas like Ridge with hefty resumes to pick, but he chose Palin, who has a lot less experience. A lot less.

I wanna know why. And my hope is that it's because Palin is terrific. But I have no clue. I like that she went after the dirty leaders of her state party. But I don't know much more than that. I hope she's terrific.

My other concern is that she's a promising candidate for a 2012 election, but that they are bringing her up from the minors too early and will end up ruining her career, which should be a bright one.

It'd be like if John Spring, Q-town's mayor, somehow won the IL Governor's mansion, spent a year and half there, and then ran for the White House. Just doesn't add up for me.

9/10/2008 7:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

McCain picked Palin because the country is dead set on a woman in the white house. But tell me this you people on the other side, would you really trust this woman to be President? After all McCain is 72 or 73 and death is not so far away. You that are so set on Palin had better read some more on this woman. I wouldn't trust her to take out the garbage. And have you notice, McCain can't campaign without her. Or that she has given no interviews. What is she scared of?

25th sounds good Rachel. I'll tell Peggy. Still no firm confirmation we'll be there. Me, I love to but have to wait on her verdict.

Now that is the last of my political views. I am what I am and you is what you is.

9/10/2008 9:21 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

I can vouch for Jeremy being the longest McCain supporter. He did prefer McCain to Bush in 2000.

With respect to "experience," I don't prefer it. It is more relevant to bureaucrats. Experience is lauded by those who want to "get things done." I don't want politicians "getting things done." It's code for more regulation, more taxes, and less liberty. I, therefore, applaud Palin's lack of experience (and her hotness).

Since I won't vote for any of the bums, I'll simply root for Palin. I'll enjoy the VP debates; Palin v. Biden should be good. McLaim and bOrebama, however... well... they are about as interesting as reading z-tables.

9/10/2008 11:20 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

ok, my question ,is Obama ready to be president? what experience has he had to be president? you say that McCain could of picked someone w/more experience, but Sarah Palin looks like she would learn fast how Washington is run,and then have the guts to change it!! ANd remember, she is the VP, not running for president.

And another point, I don't like or trust Oprah, something about Obama and Oprah being in charge scares me!

Hi Sam!

9/11/2008 6:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for vouching for my McCainness, Christoph. And I'm with you---I don't think I've ever been so excited for a VP debate! Biden's all smug and has diarrhea of the mouth and Palin's all tough and can ream him with a smile. I'm all jacked up for that.

McCain/Obama debates will be okay. They're both a little to nicey-nicey for a good debate. And I feel like I know what they're gonna say already. Meh. They'll be boring, unless the townhall debate gets crazy.

Is Paul going to throw his support behind the Libertarian candidate soon? It would be interesting to see how much his smaller, but passionate appeal would bring to Bob Barr. It'd be awesome if he got invited to a debate.

And Becky, I also fear Oprah. She scares me with her Secret book.

And I'm not saying Obama-mama-fo-fama is experienced enough to be President. I'm just sayin' his inexperience doesn't make it okay for Palin to be inexperienced also. And it irritates me that McCain has destroyed his ability to point out the inexperience on the Dem ticket. But Chris makes a good point about experience ;)

9/11/2008 9:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man.. I'm so sorry for your guys' loss. My thoughts will be with you and your little puppster all day. What was going wrong Ms. Kelly?

-jeremy

9/11/2008 1:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I knew Kelly was in bad shape but not that bad. Poor thing. I for one am going to miss her when I go to Becky & Kevins'. I am so very sorry to hear this.

Dad and I were just discussing how we remember when she was a pup. And how when Becky would get on her walking shoes, Kelly would bring her leash to Becky. This is when they lived on Vermount in Quincy. I also remember baby sitting the kids and had brought a bag of red liqerige. When I went to get it, it was all gone. Via Kelly's tummy. lol Kelly loved anyone's candy.

Well shoot. I had a tear come when I read Sam's message.

Sorry Sam.

9/11/2008 1:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see, Darlene/Becky, how do you spell liquorice. Ah, yes, with spell check, got it right!

9/11/2008 2:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Jerms, I do truely apologize...you are a Holbrook!!!! Of course, I always knew that, I just had to give you a hard time. You can always out-debate me anytime. Please don't think bad thoughts about me. Kisses to you. Hey...do you or Chris have a report on Jared? What is he doing?


My condolances go out to you Sam and family on the death of Kelly. She looked so good when we seen her in June......what happened?

Jill

9/11/2008 3:33 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Yep, another reason to remember 9/11, poor Kelly , first noticed something was wrong on Monday, I found blood spots on carpet where she had been laying, thought maybe she was constipated so stopped giving her the arthritis medicine., and we took her outside and Kevin cleaned her up, and boy, she smelled really bad too.

So anyway, I came home from work on Tuesday and Kevin had been cleaning up blood spots again, so I called vet, even on the phone he said it didn't sound very good for her.

She had a bad infection in her anal gland, and her bowels were back up too, it required surgery , the Dr. said she most likely would not survive the surgery and if she did would have a long and painful recovery. So needless to say we decided to put her to sleep. And Sam, no one is happy about this, we are all sad today, Kelly was 16 years old, we got her when Sam was in Kindergarten.

Sorry Sam, we all know you loved Kelly!

9/11/2008 3:47 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

I went to vet's to see Kelly around 1:30 this afternoon. It was sad to see her in a cage and she seemed like the same old Kelly...bright eyed and alert. Sometimes you just can't tell what is going on inside a body...

I cried driving home and I'm sad I missed being with her when she passed away. RIP Kelly...you were a good dog...

9/11/2008 4:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam, we loved Kelly and we do have souls...but the poor dog was rotting from the inside out...

Grandma D...I love you even though you are wrong (just kidding...that's what Tom says to me) :)
...I can't wait till election day is over...if Obamanation wins I'll be taking a sick day on Nov 5.

9/11/2008 4:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to mourn.

9/11/2008 4:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To those political junkies above...

I would hope most people value judgement over experience in a politician/leader. After all, look at the experience between Bush/Cheney and the less-than-desireable situation they've created. If Obama has been right on anything in his short career, it was the fact we never should have gone into Iraq, and should have focused on the war in Afghanistan. It's too early to judge Sarah Palin, and those that jump on the band-wagon just because she is a woman or just because she's "real people", I hope you seriously think about the safety and security of every American. She's a question mark, and that's not acceptable at this point, especially since there is a very good chance she could become president (with McCain being so old and all).

God Bless America.


Mr. HOG

9/12/2008 5:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no worries Jillie. I'm a fragile flower this week because I had a root canal and that hurt for way too long afterwards and then I sprained my ankle. :) And I went back to my original post and saw that I didn't make myself clear that I don't have a negative opinion of her. It's more accurate to say I just haven't formed much of an opinion yet.

So you're still my favorite Aunt... tied with Becky and Lynn... any other aunts read this board? :)

9/12/2008 8:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jermy I got a root canal this week too! I hate teeth!!!!

And who is this Mr. HOG. and is he wearing lipstick?

I think that both Barack and McCain has about an equal chance of dying...in different manners of couse.

9/12/2008 8:40 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Totally!

9/12/2008 11:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home