...or the Daring Adventures of Daring-Do from the Most Eccentrical Wunderkind der Springfield via Quincy

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Election Time!


Not too much is going on with me lately.  School is going well, but I'm ready for Thanksgiving.  Amanda was out here a few weeks ago and we had a great time going horseback riding and such.  I'm just about finished reading a book called "A History of the World in 6 Glasses".  Basically, the book follows human civiliation from it's first drink, beer, through wine, spirits, coffee, tea, and soda and how those drinks impacted the world.  It's pretty interesting.

So, more to the point.  With the election coming up, there's sure to be some long posts so I decided to make a new thread for that purpose.

For anyone who's interested, http://newsbusters.org/ is a conservative website that follows the bias of the media.  It's pretty good.  I would put a link to the Huffington Post, Daily Kos, New York Times, ect ect to be fair and balanced, but you can pretty much just turn on a TV and any station (other than Fox) will be spouting Obama's talking points.

Remember, to make voting easier and quicker, Republicans vote on November 4th and Democrats vote on November 5th.

See ya later!

108 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right Sam! Sorry, my dear, but your Grandma already voted early! And I took Grandpa and some neighbors and some friends with me. All kidding aside I'll be glad when this is all over. ( And I can celebrate ) lol

Hey, I hear you picked out or got fitted for your officers uniform. Way to go! Uncle Dave said he can still tell you what to do. lol

11/01/2008 11:28 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Illinois is going to NOboma anyway...so take as many friends as you want Grandma!!!

Hi Sam!

11/01/2008 4:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man. Locally, they're telling all of us who work in downtown Chicago to leave the downtown area by 3:00 in the afternoon to avoid the craziness in Grant Park on election day.

This is gonna be insane. If he loses, it'll be 1968 insane.

11/02/2008 12:42 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Sam! I love the picture of the Elephant and Donkey! and they move! You are really getting good at this! Good post!

Oh,and to all the people that I sent pictures of Sarah and Tom's new addition Benjie, well, he has been kicked out!

He bit Sophie last night and bit Tom's finger when he tried to get him off Sophie, poor Sophie she was so shaken up, Sarah called Aunt Rachel to come comfort her while Sarah drove Tom to the ER.

Tom is ok, Benjie had all his shots, by the time they got home the previous owner had come and picked up Benjie,

PS,. I never did really like Benjie, I didn't like how he tried to be dominate over Sophie, plus he was UGLY!

11/02/2008 5:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The choice is not hard to make in my mind. McCain holds views closest to my pro-life Catholic beliefs and Obama advocates limitless abortion. Obama has vowed to sign FOCA (the Freedom of Choice Act pushed by the Democratic congress) which will remove all regulations the states have placed on abortions. It will also compel Catholic (and other religious hospitals) to perform abortions if they perform live births. The choice for Catolic hospitals will be to either sell out to a secular hospital system, close completely, or stop performing live births. Another horror of FOCA will be to remove the conscience laws from the state's laws. If this happens, all pharmacies (Catholic ones too) will be forced to dispense abortion-inducing drugs or close their operations. One last horror, if you are an OBGYN, you can be forced to perform abortions if you also perform live births.

Read your latest diocesan paper. Most likely the US Conference of Bishops and your local bishop have articles detailing the heinous FOCA legislation.

I chose to face God knowing I voted to protect the unborn and not for a selfish economic reason.

Lastly, Obama's promise to stack the Supreme court with justices who will legislate from the bench scares the heck out of me.

Kevin

11/03/2008 2:44 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Ditto to everything Kevin wrote, and he did not copy and paste it either. We aready voted this morning, early , we got to polls at 6:15am, walked out at 7am, so long lines people , be prepared! but go VOTE!!!!

Hi SAM! Sam has voted already!!

11/04/2008 7:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a short line at about 8:15 a.m. I was about 8th in line. Not too shabby. But I guess we have a pretty uncontested state and lots of Chicago voters did the early voting deal. And Starbucks was there handing out free coffee. WooHoo!

It felt good voting against the judges I hated from my few years as a litigator. That's always fun.

Voting for a re-call option was fun for me too. Lordy do we have some idiots running this state/county/city. It'd be fun to vote people out every so often.

There was no referendum regarding building a casino in Chicago. That's sad. I love voting for a casino. That's usually on the ballot.

Jerome

11/04/2008 9:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Kevin 100%. Pro-Life is one issue I cannot ignore! I voted this morning - #350 in the Melrose Precinct. I took Brianna with me - she likes to see how voting takes place. I hope Jeremy can leave work early to beat the madness. BTW - my sister works for the state - state employees get the entire day off - to vote. Looks to me this is one area we could save some money - ridiculous - there are too many ways to vote now - to necessitate an entire day off to do a 15/60- minute task. How about cutting back to leaving an hour early or coming in an hour later.

Susie

11/04/2008 11:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In MO, as a State worker, we get paid up to 3 hours to vote...but I did it at 7:30AM and didn't have to wait in line!

11/04/2008 3:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still here at work (6:25 p.m.). I don't see an end in sight.

But I CAN see the big screen TVs over at the Obama rally from my office up here on the 80th floor.

Nothing unexpected yet in the election: KY McCain, VT Obama

11/04/2008 5:27 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Are you celebrating yet, Grandma D?

11/04/2008 8:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol I had a little wine, Chris. I hope I don't change my mine about it and he gets this country back on track, but only time will tell. If not, in four years we can vote him right out. He gave a very good speech today.

11/04/2008 10:55 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

I think we all knew that a any Democrat was going to win this election, but he did not win by a landslide.

I am sad that now at Sam's graduation we will have someone from the Democrat side give Sam's graduation commencement speech, UGH!

Sarah Palin 2012!!!

Hi Sam!

11/05/2008 7:24 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Happy 22nd Birthday Tera!! Have fun!

Hi Sam, what are you up to this weekend?

11/08/2008 12:57 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Ok, all you tech Savy people out there, help me decide what new cell phone I want to get? I lost my Sunday at the movies, UGH! It was a very old phone at least 3 years old, hahahaha, so help me make the choice!

Also, The Eagles are going to be here Thursday night, Me, Kevin, Tom and Sarah scored tickets!! YIPPIE!

Hi Sam, oh and Hi Rach, good to have you back home, you were gone to long! Thanks for the chicken salad and powdered peanut butter!

11/10/2008 8:43 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Yay! I am the first to wish Mom and Aunt Jill a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Hope you both have a great day and eat lots of cake :)

Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday dear Jill and Becky...
Happy birthday to you!

11/11/2008 11:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 50th Birthday MOM!

Happy 40th Birthday Jill!!!!

11/12/2008 5:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang I got on the computer too late to be first...I thought you girls slept in every morning!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DEAR WIFE BECKY AND SUPER-SWEET SISTER JILL!!

November 12 is a very special day! I hope you both have a great day.

Love,
Kev

11/12/2008 6:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Jill and Becky. Also, happy Birthday to Erica (Jeremy's girlfriend).

11/12/2008 6:57 AM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Happy Birthday Day Mom!!!

oh...and Aunt Jill too!

Have a great day!

11/12/2008 6:59 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Happy Birthday to my birthday twin Jill and Erica too!! And Jill, you better make a copy of Kevin's post, he called you
"super sweet"!!!

Hi Sam!

11/12/2008 7:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a wonderful, fun loving, daughter, Becky. Have a great day, hon. You deserve it! Love you much, Mumsy.

11/12/2008 9:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops! You have a good day also, Jill. I do remember my 40's! Seems like just like 30 years ago!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Jill, Darlene

11/12/2008 9:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Becky! I hear your 50? You don't look a day over 49!


Enjoy your day-
Tera

11/12/2008 11:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerms! Please tell Erica Happy Birthday from all of us bloggers, too! Nov. 12th is a great day!!!!
I think I will go to Sears and buy her a BIG gift..............

Jill "Super Sweet"

11/13/2008 6:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday everyone!

My supervisor's birthday was also 11/12. It was weird to learn that everyone i know was born on 11/12.

Erica and I had a swell time last night. We went to a nice Italian restaurant since Erica's a feisty Italian lady. :)

11/13/2008 11:28 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Hey Jeremy, how old is Miss Erica now? And yes, Nov.12th is a very popular b-day! And I also remember always getting my b-day cards late because of Veterans day, no mail!

Hi Sam!

11/13/2008 2:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica's 31. So she's officially "in her 30s," I like to say. :)

11/14/2008 9:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been on the road for work the last week. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Becky, Jill and Erica! 50-40-31! Why are all of you getting so old?

Does anyone out there have any good Christmas Ideas for Grandma Therese? I don't think she gets on this blog - so I think we are safe to discuss the subject!

Becky - did you get a new phone?

I noticed Kevin was sucking up to Jill - hhmm....this could be dangerous - Jill/Kevin be carefull at Christmas....I would not want to be either of you this year.

Do you all have your Christmas shopping done? Brianna talked me into wrapping Christmas presents Sunday - so I have actually wrapped what I have purchased. I feel like I am "ahead"!

11/18/2008 11:39 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Hi Sue, you are way ahead of me on the Christmas shopping, but me and girls are going to St.Louis this weekend so hoping to get a start.

No on new cell phone for me Sue, I ended up finding my old cell phone, in a dot candy box that I had hidden in my purse for the movie, shhhhhhhhhhh, I had it on vibrate so could not hear it when I tried calling my self.

I know what we are getting Therese, a little bird told me she wants a USAFA sweat shirt, and I happen to know who could get it for me! Hi Sam!

11/18/2008 5:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's something funny for you Sam. My buddy from Quincy is going to WIU and took some kind of film class and he did a stop-motion animation film with GI Joes and a Barbie. Don't worry, nothing bad just funny dancing. You should watch it. It is hilarious.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSp-cFw1-_c

11/18/2008 8:14 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Hey Tom, just watched your friends mini movie, pretty good at getting those dolls to dance, didn't like setting him on fire though!

Hi Sam!

11/19/2008 5:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AH MAN, that was my favorite part!!!!

11/20/2008 1:51 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and I know a lot of you, Sam included are traveling, be safe! So glad the gas prices are low for everyone! Take care!

Hi Sam, see you soon! Love MOM

11/24/2008 6:02 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Hey Sam, Susan just called, she is going to have a car waiting here for Nathan to drive from here and take the other two with him!!


Good night, Love MOM

11/24/2008 6:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To all you Holbrooks out there, may you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving! Stuff yourselves!

11/25/2008 8:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving week ever'body!

Can't wait to come home for the big Holbrook thanksgiving feast. I can't wait to see all my Aunties and Uncles and Cousins and GT!!

It feels like forever since I've seen everyone. (Probably GT's 70th B-day party).

Anywhat. Mom: Erica and I are bringing two bottles of wine and some whisky. Jill, I'll score you some of that primo Chicago wacky-tabbacy that you like so much. Nothing but the best for my Aunty Jillian.

- Jerome

11/25/2008 9:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have alot of my shopping done, via the Internet!!! Sue, I will think about a gift for mom and let you know.

Hey....did anyone remember that Dad's b-day was yesterday? He is the big 75!!!!!!!! Mom and Lynn went to the cemetery to sing him Happy Birthday and they said he was very tight lipped. (Did you get that, Kev?)

Thanks for the tabaccy Jerms!!!! can't wait to get my lips on it!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all Of the Marks and Holbrooks out in Blogland!

JIll

11/25/2008 2:50 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Sam is home safe and sound!! YEAH! Short night for me, he got home at about 3am.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

11/26/2008 7:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!! I got out today and found a few deals...and I didn't have to trample anyone to get them! We had some delicious turkey and I had a nice nap afterwards...we missed Rach and Josh though!

11/28/2008 5:05 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Everyone back safe and sound from their traveling? Sam just left early this morning!

Kesi, heard about your foot! OUCH! have a new name for you to consider for the baby "Trip"

Happy Cyber Shopping day!

12/01/2008 6:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm a big, dumb animal. Rush got pretty sick about an hour after we left Grandma Therese's on Saturday. We hope he in on the upswing now but it's been a rough week. Rach-that would explain why every time you saw him he was sleeping.

12/05/2008 1:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People, I do think some of the flu bug is around so be careful with yourselves and kids. Wash those hands after everything, from going to potty, to before eating, to after handling money from the cashiers, to the handles on grocery carts. Better still if you can still get the flu vaccine, get it.

Brrrrr Baby it's cold outside.

12/05/2008 9:17 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Hi Sam, how is the studying going? When do finals start for ya? Sending out some cookies for the treat day on Dec. 12th, watch for them. TTYL Love MOM

12/07/2008 2:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mom. I can't wait for the cookies! And yes, I am officially the Squad Comm for next semester.

12/08/2008 10:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another banner day in Illinois Politics!

12/09/2008 10:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Illinois has got to be the most communist state in the union!

Last week a black congressman from Illinois said that Blagojevich (aka Bag-o-shit) should appoint a black man to replace Obama's seat, otherwise it would be like the "black man" was taking a step back.

In other words, for equal rights, everyone and their dog HAS to interview a minority for a job yet the Governor should limit who he appoints to only black people.

That seems fair! Chris and I decided that we will do our best to never live in Illinois again!

12/09/2008 11:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Illinois has one thing going for it: We have the best US States Attorney in the country. Man, this guy's doing what nobody has every done in this town: actually doing something about the corruption. He's b-slapped Blagojevich, tossed Gov. Ryan in jail, hunting down everything going on in this Rezko deal, convicted Scooter Libby during that CIA crap Cheney and Rove got themselves into, indicted all sorts of terrorists.

He's a stud.

Oh. Kesi. That fella who made the comment that the replacement should be black... That's none other than Emil Jones, who is rumored to be Senate Candidate 5 from the allegations. That'd be the candidate who offered $500K to Blagojevich for the senate seat. Obama's team did not want Jones to get the seat.

Today Jones is "shocked" (even though he's been a huge Blago ally) and is calling for an election for the seat so that it's fair. Wow. Yesterday he claimed he should be the Senator, and today he wants a fair election. Wonder what's gotten into him???


From the Wiki:
During his years in the General Assembly, Jones often kept up the traditions of old-school politicians. He has steered state money to a few favored institutions, including some that employ his relatives. Some of his relatives also have gotten state jobs and his wife’s government salary got a sizable boost after he became Senate president in 2003, when the Blagojevich administration created a special salary class.[3] Jones faced scrutiny after it was reported that his wife received a $70,000 pay raise two months after she was and Jones were married and four months after she started her position, when Governor Rod Blagojevich created a special salary class for her position.[14] Jones also received attention in 2008 for postponing a vote on an automatic legislative pay raise of 7.5% which would go into effect if the Senate did not vote on the proposal (the House voted no).[4]

Jones announced in August 2008 that he will retire in January 2009. Of who would replace him on the ballot, his spokesperson said, "His preference, yes, would be to see his son [Emil Jones III] serve," which has prompted criticism and been described as "anointing one of his children to take over for him."[15]

While accepting the nomination, Emil's son, Emil Jones III announced he would work diligently for the people of his district.

There was been widespread speculation in the media that Mr. Jones is likely the person referred to as "Candidate #5" in the indictment against Governor Rod Blagojevich which was issued on December 9th.

12/09/2008 2:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Illinois has one thing going for it: We have the best US States Attorney in the country. Man, this guy's doing what nobody has every done in this town: actually doing something about the corruption. He's b-slapped Blagojevich, tossed Gov. Ryan in jail, hunting down everything going on in this Rezko deal, convicted Scooter Libby during that CIA crap Cheney and Rove got themselves into, indicted all sorts of terrorists.

He's a stud.

Oh. Kesi. That fella who made the comment that the replacement should be black... That's none other than Emil Jones, who is rumored to be Senate Candidate 5 from the allegations. That'd be the candidate who offered $500K to Blagojevich for the senate seat. Obama's team did not want Jones to get the seat.

Today Jones is "shocked" (even though he's been a huge Blago ally) and is calling for an election for the seat so that it's fair. Wow. Yesterday he claimed he should be the Senator, and today he wants a fair election. Wonder what's gotten into him???


From the Wiki:
During his years in the General Assembly, Jones often kept up the traditions of old-school politicians. He has steered state money to a few favored institutions, including some that employ his relatives. Some of his relatives also have gotten state jobs and his wife’s government salary got a sizable boost after he became Senate president in 2003, when the Blagojevich administration created a special salary class.[3] Jones faced scrutiny after it was reported that his wife received a $70,000 pay raise two months after she was and Jones were married and four months after she started her position, when Governor Rod Blagojevich created a special salary class for her position.[14] Jones also received attention in 2008 for postponing a vote on an automatic legislative pay raise of 7.5% which would go into effect if the Senate did not vote on the proposal (the House voted no).[4]

Jones announced in August 2008 that he will retire in January 2009. Of who would replace him on the ballot, his spokesperson said, "His preference, yes, would be to see his son [Emil Jones III] serve," which has prompted criticism and been described as "anointing one of his children to take over for him."[15]

While accepting the nomination, Emil's son, Emil Jones III announced he would work diligently for the people of his district.

There was been widespread speculation in the media that Mr. Jones is likely the person referred to as "Candidate #5" in the indictment against Governor Rod Blagojevich which was issued on December 9th.

12/09/2008 2:41 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Yes...Illinois has a real knack for picking its leaders...hmmm...what does that say for the future of our president elect?

On a lighter note...check out this new digital short from SNL...hilarity! If you liked "dick in a box" your like this too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAg03_zYVtU

12/09/2008 4:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kesi, I recent your remarks on Illinois being a communist state. You owe us an apology for sure. Your as same saying that I, your Chris's parents, grandmother, aunts, are all communist. Lighten up gal, this could and will most likely happen in any other state. And did I hear a little racism in your statement. And Rachel as for as our President-elect, I think you will be pleasantly surprise. I am really ready for him to take over like now!

12/09/2008 10:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama Marcks I agree with your comment on every state moving towards a communist state because with Obama in charge I believe it's moving in that direction. I (to my knowledge) am not a racist. I just think that it's a little unfair that if a black person leaves a vacancy whoever HAS to elect another black man. Why not elect who is most qualified, no matter the gender, sex, religion, etc?

12/10/2008 7:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kesi, I think you misread me. Never never would I say any state is moving toward communism. I was brought up in the era of Communism. It is a nasty word. I remember being so scared and wanting my dad to build a bomb shelter. The world is what you make it, yourself. I have no doubts our world will soon be straighten out. I have a lot of faith in Obama. We will always have crooks in political office. If they aren't a crook when they get in, they are before they get out. Too many temptations for them, be they Republican or Democrat.

So enough on the political front. Neither you nor I can do a darn thing about it!

12/10/2008 8:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts exactly on 99.9% of the politicians! Even if they are decent people it seems decent people don't get elected because they tell voters what they want to hear, not what they need to hear. If someone tells a voter what they NEED to hear that voter is not voting for that person. A perfect example would be Ron Paul. Just for funsies, if people have time they should youtube some Ron Paul debates.
I don't know much about politics and usually don't like talking about them or listening to them or watching the debates, etc. However, all of the stuff I hear the US is leaning towards socialism.

Anywho, how is everyone doing on their Christmas shopping?

12/10/2008 9:10 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

I disagree with you Kesi...

I believe it is more accurate to say 99.9% of all politicians are bad (jerks, crooks, socialists, statists, morons, idiots, dolts) - especially in Illinois.

But I agree with you Kesi...

that Illinois is one of the most socialist states in the union. Someone would have a hard time convincing me otherwise, since Illinois ranks 13th in per capita tax burden, 5th in minimum wage, no concealed carry allowance, and bans on smoking. I could go on.

"Good Politicians" - oxymoron
"Freedom in Illinois" - hilarity
"Corrupt Illinois Governors" - redundancy

12/10/2008 10:45 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Wow! Here we are back at talking politics! UGH! I just want to say that if they make a movie about this IL. Governor, wouldn't John Trovolta be the perfect person to play him?

Shopping is going good Kesi, think I am done, now just have to get up the energy to wrap it all, UGH! Getting our Christmas cards ready now, they are a HOOT , so be watching for it.

Oh, and in case you missed it, Sam was made Squadron Commander for next semester,( Congratulations SAM!) he will be the Leader of the Pack, so Sam, does this mean at Graduation your name will be called when they announce each Squadron? Does this mean you have to yell more?

12/10/2008 5:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Sam. Must of miss that one. I sure have some intelligent grandkids. Must of all got it from me? You go, Sam, yell all you want. But not at your Uncle Dave. I swear he'llstill be in the Air Force when your ready to retire! And that's ok as long as they leave in the States.

12/10/2008 8:48 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

I am so excited for my cookie exchange tonight! Wish you Quincy people could come!

12/12/2008 2:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Quincy person wishes she could be there. Your mom gave me a deal but I couldn't be away a week from Grandpa. I know it has to be a wonderful cookie exchange, as only you can do it. One of these days!

12/12/2008 9:53 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

IT was a wonderful Cookie Exchange party, I felt like I was in a Norman Rockwell Christmas Card at Rachel's house, looks so very festive, warm and homey. There was snacks and cookies galore! All had a great time, I will be sending at pictures after we celebrate Sarah's 30th birthday tonight! I am getting to old for all this parting!!

Hi Sam, good luck with finals today!!

12/13/2008 8:47 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Tera will be receiving her Bachelor of Science degree
in communication disorders with Magna Cum Laude honors today!
AT Truman University.


Tera will be pursuing a Master's degree in Communication Disorders in January 2009

Way to go Tera! Congratulations!!

Hi Sam!! Just one more semester to go for you!

12/13/2008 12:32 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Congratulations Tera!

12/14/2008 10:42 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Hey Sam, give your mom and dad a call sometime today. Love MOM

12/14/2008 12:34 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Oh Sam, forgot to ask you when talking to you, do you know how Amanda did on her big test last Saturday? TTYL Love MOM

12/14/2008 2:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind thoughts and wishes for my graduation. It was a nice ceremony and I'm happy my family was able to join me for the celebration. Hard to believe I did undergrad in 3.5 years... I could go out and find a job right now, but graduate school is calling my name!

Happy Holidays everyone!
-Tera

12/14/2008 9:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin and Becky's Christmas Card brought tears to my eyes. Very emotional moment.

12/16/2008 11:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, Sue. I had to explain to my children what the card meant. They were crying all night. THANKS ALOT, KEVIN HOLBROOK FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill

12/16/2008 4:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerms.....can you please do a magic show at Christmas??!!

Pretty pleeezzzeeeeee!

Jill

12/16/2008 4:20 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

I know Jill, Sam is still upset over the news!!

I hope was to put a smile on everyones face when they saw our card this year, did it work?

Sam is driving home this very minute! Makes me nervous as bad weather is everywhere!

12/16/2008 5:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill,

That sounds fun! I'll try to come up with a show before I hop on the train!

Will you be my lovely assistant, Jill?

12/16/2008 8:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 30th Birthday SARAH! I hope you have a wonderful blessed day!

12/17/2008 11:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely Jerms!! When you need a "lovely assistant" who else would do? hahahaha!

I was at Fischer Builders Christmas party this weekend and met a dude named Jared, who kows our Jared and mentioned how amazing you were at the magic tricks. I told him I had never seen them.........then I had another drinky-poo.
Do it! Do it!!!

Auntie Jill (Jelly Fish Scientist)

12/17/2008 4:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SARAH
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
AND MANY MOOOOORRREEEEEE!

hAVE A GREAT 30TH SARAH!!

Love, Auntie Jill

12/17/2008 4:45 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

We had Sarah over for dinner last night, along with sister Rach and brother Sam, just us, Tom, Josh and Amanda had to work. And of course Harley and Sophie!

Old times when it was just the 5 of us, Rach's gift brought teas to all our eyes, she made Sarah a scrap book of her life, a priceless gift. It was a nice evening of looking back. Thanks Kids, I will always refer to you guys as kids no matter how old you get!

12/18/2008 6:35 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

This was part of a message I received from the University of Mizzouri IT department:

"Microsoft has issued an emergency patch to fix a critical Internet Explorer bug already in use by computer hackers. Without the patch Internet Explorer users are vulnerable to having their computer system hacked by visiting certain web pages.

Please update your computer now..."

Please tell me nobody is still using Internet Explorer. If you are, don't be surprised when your computer starts slowing down or crashes completely. A friend from South Dakota had to pay a hefty bill to get her internet connectivity back up. This was after I had warned her plenty of times to use Firefox or Opera. Firewalls, Norton, McAfee, and other anti-virus software will not stop new malware (Ignore people who tell you these things work). THIS IS COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE; STOP USING THE BLUE "E."

Here is the link to get Firefox: Firefox

From Firefox's website: "The Safest Web Browser"

"Simply put, your online security is our top priority. Firefox includes strict anti-phishing and anti-malware measures, plus easy ways to tell the good guys from the bad like our new one-click site ID info. And, thanks to our open source process we have thousands of security experts around the globe working around the clock to keep you (and your personal information) safe."

12/18/2008 8:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the bday wishes...I am SOOO old...

I got a bad cold for my Birthday...from Tom...so I've been sick at home the last couple of days...YUCK!

12/19/2008 3:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon Sarah!!

12/19/2008 4:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all you Holbrooks out there. Hope your able to get around ok. Is Jeremy still taking a train back here after all the problems Amtrak has been having with the ice on the rails? We are ice from our back door to the alley. Front not much better but keep salt handy. Looks like it is a mess all over our country right now. Take care, all of you who are traveling.

12/23/2008 7:57 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Yes,

Merry Christmas to all Marcks, Holbrooks, Grists, O'Hara's, Bairds, McCubbins and Barackos.

12/23/2008 11:53 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Merry Christmas! And God Bless us everyone! See you soon Q-City!

12/25/2008 6:35 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Merry Christmas! I had a wonderful time on Christmas Eve with our family. Josh and I had our little gift exchange this morning...I am excited about the Quilting classes Josh signed me up for! Yeah! I hope everyone has a wonderful day surrounded by family and friends.

12/25/2008 11:09 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Good to see all you Quincy Folks! Jeremy, Chris, Kesi and Rush!

Happy New Year to everyone!!

Back to work today, UGH!

12/29/2008 7:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it was fun times to see everyone and not have Rush be sick this time! In case anyone was wondering, Rush had a fantastic Christmas. He cleaned house:) Rachel - I love my sign. It's super fantastic and can't wait to hang it. You did a great job!

12/29/2008 8:54 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Happy New Year to everyone out there in Blog Land! Sam has to head back on Sunday :-( , but maybe when he gets settled back into his routine he will write a new blog entry?

1/01/2009 3:19 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

I have a movie recommendation for you critics out there...Josh and I went to go see the independent film, Slumdog Millionaire, tonight. It was really really great. Two thumbs up.

1/01/2009 11:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We decided on a name for baby brother - Dennis Xavier.

1/05/2009 8:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's no Jeremy Ryan, but I like it a lot ;)


I just ordered a new computer and I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl.

1/06/2009 6:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many years ago there was a Cuban band leader name Xavier Cugat. I may have spelled that last name wrong. Back in my days ( a hundred years or so ago ) there were many musical movies and he and his band were in a lot of them.

1/07/2009 10:41 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

I like the name you picked out Kesi and Chris, Dennis Holbrook lives on!! I like the second name too, although not sure how to pronounce it?

Have fun with new computer Jeremy, what are you getting? Rachel and Josh ordered a new TV , did you get it yet Rach?

Kevin is laying wood floors in our house, this is our major project for the year. Now just have to work on Kevin about me getting a Toy Schnauzer, so any help with this will be appreciated!

Hi Sam, how is the Commanding going?

4 months and 3 weeks till Graduation!

1/07/2009 5:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beckaroni-

Xavier is pronounced Zayveer

That's the best I can do at Phonix, which I was never very good at.

1/07/2009 5:58 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

The new TV arrives tomorrow...but we don't have anything to set it on yet! Oh well...Josh and I also ordered our new floors yesterday...woohoo! Can't wait until my carpet is gone!

1/07/2009 6:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at us: helping our economy out of the recession, eh?

What sort of TV did you and Josh settle on?

Becky, I got a Dell Studio Slim Desktop. I'm pretty excited for this puppy.

1/07/2009 6:17 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

I got a Dell from the last Stimulus Check,not sure if it is a studio slim desk, ask Josh Rach. hmmm, what will I get with the next one? hmmmmhm, a Toy Schnauzer!!

Hey, Jeremy we shopped and did buy at Kmart last weekend, so I felt we were helping you out.

Kinda of loud here, Kevin is hammering out the tile by the front door, can't hear you Kevin, what did you say? Oh, I think he said " Go get your Toy Schnauzer!

Hi Sam, can you tell I am bored tonight?

1/07/2009 7:58 PM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Geez woman...you need to stop with the schnauzer stuff! Jeremy...I'm not really sure what exactly the TV is. All I know is it is a 40" Samsung flat screen...but I'm not sure what it does (other than turn on)!

1/08/2009 7:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel: Sweet. I'm an owner of a Samsung, too.

Becky: I'm happy that you are helping us out :) We just received word that KMart's numbers were pretty good in December because of Layaway and all that bidniss.

-jerms

1/08/2009 11:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a Samsung as well in our living room but I think we're going with a Pioneer in our bedroom. Both are very good TVs.

1/08/2009 11:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Wal Mart was pretty dumb in giving up layaway last year and that is prob why kmart did so well....I don't ever put anything on layaway, but for a lot of peeps its pretty handy....I like Kmart better than Wal Mart anyway, just wish there were a grocery store too...

Rach and I are at Panera in Quincy enjoying some ea and coffee and listening to old folks talk about Blago. What a delusional nutbag!

1/10/2009 9:37 AM

 
Blogger Mom said...

What is Blago Sarah? I went to Barns and Noble to have coffee with Pat, June and Emily this morning, you two girls were missed. We sat there till about noon, then went to lunch, then to the movies, Saw Grand Toreno with Clint Eastwood, Mom you will like your old flame!

Dad worked on floor all day, took some time off to fix your trunk Sarah. Floor is coming along nicely!

Hi Sam, brrrrrrrrrrrrr it is cold here!

1/10/2009 5:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Bec, I want to see that also. Walmart gave up on layaway because a lot of people were not picking up or when they did they wanted a sale price they saw after they had put item on layaway at regular price. I too miss it and thought they might go back to it this year when Kmart did. Terry had quiet a time with her layaway at Kmart. They lost it and it was items she really wanted. Then she had money coming back and instead of telling her where to pick it up, the gal just left her standing. So some Kmart's may be ok but I think ours needs a big overhaul from management down.

1/10/2009 8:41 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

Jack Bower is BACK! YEAH!, but where is Chloe??!

Hi SAM!

1/11/2009 7:45 PM

 
Blogger Mom said...

HAPPY 22ND BIRTHDAY SAM! HAVE A GOOD DAY! LOVE MOM

1/13/2009 7:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Sam....Happy Birthday to you!

We hope you take some time out of your busy schedule to have some fun today!

1/13/2009 7:23 AM

 
Blogger Josh and Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Sam! Love ya!

1/13/2009 7:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day Sam!

1/13/2009 2:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sam-U-L!!!!!!! have a great day and lots of fun!

I am sure the greatest gift you have ever received is the gift of a Godmother, so precious and true.

Love ya! Jill

1/13/2009 4:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Sam, I'm kind of late, but Grandpa and I wish you a very happy 22nd birthday! Would of gotten on here sooner but your uncles have been visiting here for the last two days and have kept me very busy! But it is all winding down. Rob left today and Dave tomorrow. Hope you had a good day!

Love you,
Grandma D & Grandpa

1/13/2009 8:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard on the news last night that the pilot of the plane that went down in the Hudson - is a graduate of the USAF! The reporter commented - the best trained pilots in the world come out of the Air Force. The man was amazing - they all stated how his training was key to the way he handled the situation. GO AIR FORCE!

1/16/2009 7:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

USAFA (I left off the "A" in my first post)

1/16/2009 7:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home