Florida is Sandy
Hello all! I know it's been awhile, but there's a reason. I'm lazy. Also, not much is going on here. I guess that's two reasons, but that's beside the point.
I'm still working in the Liaison Office at Whiting. And I still am not much help. Basically, here's what every conversation is like:
Caller: Hello, is Sgt. XXXX there?
Me: No, he's out/gone for the day/helping someone right now.
Caller: Oh.
Me: Maybe I can help you.
Caller: Um...okay. You see...(then a whole bunch of acronyms and things I've never heard of while I respond "Uh huh", "Okay", "Yeah, I could see how that would be a problem" or something similar that seems like I'm not completely lost)
Me: I'm not sure what I can do. I don't have access that information.
Caller: Can you just tell Sgt. XXXX that I called?
Me: No problem.
Aside from the small talk I make, I'm really nothing more than a living answering machine. Which is kind of ironic, given that the Air Force is spending millions of dollars on unmanned aerial vehicles. Instead of having pilots fly planes, they use machines. But instead of having a machine do my job, they use me.
That's basically the extent of my value to the AF currently: My job could easily be replaced by machine, but they have to have me do SOMETHING. Oh well.
I'm supposed to be heading out to Colorado for some initial flying stuff. I'm looking forward to that. It should be a little tough, but fun, from what I hear. I'm driving out there, so I'm planning on stopping at home on the way there and the way back, which I'm also looking forward to!
The training is done in Pueblo, Colorado. It's about an hour south of Colorado Springs and is kind of the armpit of Colorado. I don't know if that's a fact, but that's what my answering-machine brain believes. That's where the SuperMax prison is, so of course it's also a great place to pick up some nifty hitchhikers. If you've gone to the Royal Gorge, you've probably stopped, and then quickly left, Pueblo. It's no coincidence it ends in "blo". Oh ironic naming, how I love thee.
That's about it for me. I hope everyone is doing well, and had fun at the Quincy Holbrook Halloween Festival and such. Sorry I couldn't be there!
Later!

6 Comments:
miss you sam..exclamation point...for some reason my shift keys aren't working and i can no longer capitalize or use any of the little symbols above the numbers on my keyboard...
11/03/2009 7:03 AM
Hi Sam, thanks for the update, your job kinda sounds like mine, I get questions too that I have no idea what they are talking about? Right now though the question of the day is "what to take for the swine flu", da? eat pork!! LOL! Have a good day Sam. Love MOM
11/03/2009 7:31 AM
Hi Sam!!! Love you! Learn to do something new to pass the time....You could knit!
Love Sarah
11/03/2009 3:49 PM
Sam, you always make me laugh! Sorry you are so bored at work, but that is our precious tax dollars paying you, so enjoy it. HA!
You should experience our halloween....I still taste the peach cigar.
I MISS YOU SAM AND SO DOES RACHEL AND SARAH!!!!!!!! THE CAPS AND EXCLAMATION MARKS ARE FROM RACH!!!
Lovies, Jill
11/03/2009 4:17 PM
thanks jill! my keyboard is still acting weird but sometimes i can get some !!!!!!! Woohoo!
11/04/2009 7:51 AM
And we all know how much Sam loves it when I use CAPS! LOL!
11/04/2009 7:37 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home