Let the games begin!
Sorry that I don't update much anymore! But if you want more posts, send me money or something! Hahaha!
Anyway, not too much is going on if Florida these days. After getting back from IFS and leave, I was relieved that all my stuff was still in my apartment and that it hadn't been flooded or anything while I was gone. I'm still doing the same job, basically being a living answering machine in the Air Force office. I did get a kick of "initiative" when I returned and started getting my paperwork to get my computer access. That finally got approved, but I'm still too lazy to make the final phone call to get my account activated. Soooooooooo, I still don't have computer access, even after being here almost six months. But I figure that as long as I can't get on a computer, that's less work I can potentially do, and as we all know, I'm big fan of work!
Other than work, I've just been working out and reading. I finally went on an actual mountain bike ride in the "mountains" of Florida...pretty much just a trail with some hills in the woods. It was pretty fun though. The last time I tried riding this particular trail, I rode around for a little bit trying to find the trailhead and couldn't find it, so I decided to leave. But the spare key I had wouldn't unlock my car, so I ended up sitting outside my car on the side of the road until a locksmith get there to unlock it about 6 hours later. Woohoo. Anyway, this ride was much better.
I also joined a soccer team! I was in the gym at Whiting one day and saw a flyer for an Allied Forces Soccer team, which basically meant anyone in any way associated to the military could play. So I emailed the guy in charge and found out the dates and times. Yesterday (Jan 28) was the first practice I went to. I figured it was going to be, you know "practice", like a bunch of guys kicking the ball around and playing some pick-up games. But we ended up actually practicing: we warmed up, stretched in lines, did drills, and all that other jazz! Needless to say, I'm pretty sore today! But I scored a couple goals in our offense/defense drill, so that was good. I found out from the coach/player guy in charge today that I'm playing with the "A Team" in our game on Sunday, so either the Navy was different definition of "A Team" than I do, or I made a pretty good impression.
Not too much else is going on these days. It's raining right now, but no Hurricane Ida. I'm scheduled to start pilot training on March 25th, so that should be exciting. But we'll see if that date gets pushed back any. Based on that date, I should be flying the new-to-the-Navy-but-not-new-to-the-Air-Force T-6 Texan II. It's a pretty cool plane and a lot more up-to-date than the 50 year old T-34s that we're currently flying. So all in all, I'm looking forward to getting started, but I'll miss my days of 2 hours working for 2 days a week.
Oh well.
Later!

24 Comments:
I AM FINALLY THE FIRST TO POST!! YEAH FOR ME!
I am glad you get to play soccer, I know how much you enjoy that sport, miss seeing you play.
Let me know how the game went today. Love ya, Mom
1/31/2010 3:48 PM
Hi Sam! What have you been reading lately? Anything good? The roads are finally cleared off around here. Mom, Sarah and I went to the Great Springfield Garage Sale this afternoon...it was fun! I bought a beautiful cake carrier (vintage of course) and Sarah and mom got suckered into buying some candle warmers...
Have a fun week!
Love Rach
1/31/2010 7:22 PM
Hi Sam, things are going somewhat ok for me. It will get better, I know. The last two days we've had this strange thing up in the sky and I finally figured it out. The Sun!!! It's been cold but with the sun out it was much better.
Glad to hear your back in soccer. I know that is your kind of sport.
Dave told me the other day he will probably be retiring sometime in April of 2011. Air Force had some new rule about how long he could stay in. It was 26 years and now 24. Guess they are trying to save some money. He'll let me know just when he retires as they have a nice ceremony for them and I fully intend to be there.
You take care. Still waiting for the whirlybird to set down in my back yard. Hmmm maybe we better take down the wires first. lol
1/31/2010 11:11 PM
What the heck are candle warmers and why do you need them?
2/01/2010 5:53 AM
Kesi, they are very special smelling yummy good things to have. You plug them in, drop in a chuck of wax and walla, smells good, no flame to worry about.
Go to this site to check them out.
www.scentsy.com/leamk
Hi Sam!
2/02/2010 7:20 AM
Sucker
2/02/2010 9:11 PM
you are just jealous Rachel!
Hi Sam!
2/03/2010 6:41 PM
So, it's not a candle warmer - it's a wax warmer fueled by electricity? Hmm, I think I'll pass - I have wallflowers from Bath and Body Works that do the same thing:)
2/09/2010 7:00 AM
My Wallflowers never smelled for very long...but probably better to have around kiddos....Rach, don't be hatin' you bought somebody's old cake server...LOL
2/10/2010 3:36 PM
My cake server won't be in a garage sale in two years...can't say the same for your wax warmer...
2/15/2010 3:38 PM
So true Rach....
Dad
2/17/2010 11:55 AM
Be careful Kevin or you will be in the dog house!
Hi Sam!
2/21/2010 7:01 AM
POST
2/21/2010 2:21 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Kevin!!! Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2/21/2010 11:20 PM
Thanks Darlene!
Kevin
2/22/2010 11:55 AM
Is person who hates Face Book Kevin?
Hi Sam!
2/23/2010 7:25 AM
I think the person that hates FB is Bryson.
2/24/2010 10:26 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Kevin and Becky!! May you have many more. Enjoy your time together. Life is too short as I found out. Love you both. Mom Marcks
2/24/2010 11:20 PM
Thanks Mumsy, nothing much planned for today, we are going to celebrate at UMI's tomorrow night w/the gang.
Hi Sam!
2/25/2010 6:59 AM
It was good to see you this weekend Sam! I hope you have a great time with Amanda next week! Love ya!
3/01/2010 7:07 PM
please post please please please
3/21/2010 4:44 PM
who is the person that hates fb? I tend to agree, I waste to much time on fb, trying to ween myself.
3/24/2010 8:30 PM
Bryson hates FB.
3/25/2010 12:02 PM
Yeah right mom! You are always on FB!
3/27/2010 3:40 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home